Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    that person would be too old

Actually, i have yet to see a really drop dead gorgeous HR... Barbara was just cute. ZX was cute too. Athena was prettier.. but she didn't capture HR's wickedness and playfulness for me.
    So the one who plays HR doesnt have to be really beautiful for me.. but has to have charm

I agree with you.

I think Ariel will do a fine job, although she's not beautiful but she's really charming imo. She has the type of face, the more you look, the prettier she gets bc she's very likeable.

I'm really aniticipating for this serie since it will be different. Not exactly a repeat.

Btw, the picture of Ariel in the previous post is from a while ago. When she was much younger. Here is the more recent pic. I think she can be pretty, it really depends on the make up , clothes, hair etc.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/gtmilky/ariel0009.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/gtmilky/vdpcag.gif')
    Last edited by rumikochan; 04-16-06 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Personally, I still think ZJZ's real masterpiece is his XAJH. The love story and the musical score is so hauntingly beautiful.
    Surferket,

You keep heaping praise on thi serial? any chance you can upload the music for this?

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura
    I've seen most of ROCH 06 and fast forwarded most of the scenes with HXM trying to act all playful and cute (BLAH!).

I still think it's boring and yes, it seems a little too serious because the film is not upbeat. I'm sure ZJZ tried to make it upbeat with some of the scenes, but those scenes just didn't work for me!
    Hi Naruto,

I have read some of your posts on ROCH and find that we have similar views about many aspects of ROCH and LOCH. Its great to find someone else that feels the same way I do. I think you pointed out aptly that ROCH 06 was not upbeat..was it you that said that the relationship bet XLN and YG was bland? can't remember now, I though the person who pointed that out was spot on for me too.

First and foremost, I want to ask if its the producer or director that sets the style of how a serial is filmed? its it more the former? With that assumption, ZJJ is not a good story-teller because he can't capture the audience's interest to watch and basically enjoy this series.

I agree that a Wu Xia series must have entertainment value. I therefore really feel ROCH06 has been such a waste given that the cinematography and fighting scenes were top-notch.

Such a waste that with all these plus points, the serial was flimed in such a boring manner, not exciing at all in my opinion. its like its such a beautiful series that has no captivating story at its core and story is the most important aspect when it comes to any serial.

Even if a serial has less than great sets or budget, if it is able to tell a good story that can capture audience's interest, then it is a more successful than a beautiful series that is ineffective in drawing audience's interest in wanting to watch it.

Thus, I feel that ROCH has failed badly in that aspect and such a disappointment given all the hype and expectations built up. or maybe, I had flawed expectations for a ZJZ production, thinking that this one would turn out to be quite unlike the mood, tone and style of LOCH03. This could have been an awesome serial.
    Last edited by strawberry; 04-16-06 at 03:55 AM.

One can't completely blame it on ZJZ. 15 episdoes got cut for a variety of reasons like money and the China tv dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    One can't completely blame it on ZJZ. 15 episdoes got cut for a variety of reasons like money and the China tv dudes.
    I know what you mean but the style is evident even if 15 episodes got cut.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I know what you mean but the style is evident even if 15 episodes got cut.
    Duke of Mount Deer and Heavenly Sword Dragon Sabre will be out in a few years...I think you'll feel the same with these series. It's nothing new to you. I dont mind remakes. However, I think they're doing too much of it now. LOCH is coming out soon. I'll probably just skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Duke of Mount Deer and Heavenly Sword Dragon Sabre will be out in a few years...I think you'll feel the same with these series. It's nothing new to you. I dont mind remakes. However, I think they're doing too much of it now. LOCH is coming out soon. I'll probably just skip it.
    yah, now that I am so disappointed with ROCH06, I don't think I will be interested to watch these, I feel kind of cheated already. but I sure enjoy the discussion and hype and excitement for new castings that we generate at this forum. The serials that are so hyped up just never seemed to live up to their expectations when they are actually shown for some reason and as for remakes, as they keep repeating the stories, the materials just become stale. Mostly, i find that the really good serials turn out to be those, that I have completely no expecatations at all whatsoever.
    Last edited by strawberry; 04-16-06 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer
    Yeah it seems like there is always another remake around the corner when the last one is finished. What's up with that? ZJZ is like trying to kill off the series and making it boring with so many remakes IMO.
    actually, there is nothing said about ZJZ directing the series
    in fact, this LOCH has nothing to do with ZJZ at all

so for those of you that thought LOCH 02 was too serious, this may well be waht you want, a pop, modern remake of LOCH, similar to Chinese paladin style

personally, i would skip this remake

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    actually, there is nothing said about ZJZ directing the series
    in fact, this LOCH has nothing to do with ZJZ at all

so for those of you that thought LOCH 02 was too serious, this may well be waht you want, a pop, modern remake of LOCH, similar to Chinese paladin style

personally, i would skip this remake
    I don't know. the taiwanse/china remake seems too pop, if you know what I mean? I don't think that's worth watching either. Such pop versions make the serial too frivilous and nonsensical sometimes (if they overdo it) and take away some of the traditional charms wu xia serials should have. maybe more the TVB 80s style is the best I can imagine so far but with an updated casting and techniques and scenery but story-telling more the TVB 80s way...or something like that but even better.
    Last edited by strawberry; 04-16-06 at 06:03 AM.

it's too soon to tell, ... say jsut to confirm did the previous version 2003 refers to the 3rd edition novel or ...?

message deleted.

This link was posted by another regular here some time back:

http://pantee.tripod.com/xajh.html

I've watched many China/Taiwan/SG/HK and their combo series but so far none has matched XAJH in storyline and casting. Just hearing the Sichuan dialect spoken by a clan is a gem. Of all of ZJZ's efforts this is also the most balanced imo.
    Yes, there was some editing in the released version; maybe about 1 hour at most as certain scenes were very jumpy.

Surferket,

You keep heaping praise on thi serial? any chance you can upload the music for this?
    Last edited by Surferket; 04-16-06 at 07:23 AM.

The 2000 version is a joint effort of SG and Taiwan. We call Ma Jing Tao "maggee noodle" for his ridiculous hairstyle. Imagine Fann Wong as RYY. Jacyln, also from SG, was Dong Fan Bu Bai. Quite a creditable effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I saw the TVB version of 80's.. with Chow Yun Fat.
    90's version with Jackie Lui
    20 version with ( taiwan) with Richie Ren)
    2000 version with Steven Ma Jing Tao
    and 2001 cctv version with LYP

Hi Naruto,

I have read some of your posts on ROCH and find that we have similar views about many aspects of ROCH and LOCH. Its great to find someone else that feels the same way I do. I think you pointed out aptly that ROCH 06 was not upbeat..was it you that said that the relationship bet XLN and YG was bland? can't remember now, I though the person who pointed that out was spot on for me too.
    Strawberry, it's great to know that you also feel the same way I do about ZJZ's LOCH & ROCH! I might have said something about how bland XLN and YG's relationship was, but even if I didn't say it, I definitely felt that way about it. The way ROCH 06 was presented was just overall bad, despite some good eye candy. The problem being was that I think the crew that worked on this production paid too much attention to the aesthetic quality of this film that they neglected to work on the more important stuff like good editing and good performance (if I were the director, I would have HXM redo all of those scenes that he thought he was cute and playful in). That's what you get when you try too hard to impress others by looking good....you're bound to look stupid, and this ROCH 06 production does exactly just that. The editing was bad (as I know many people are going to agree with me on this). There were many unnecessary footages included which I felt should have been left out to make room for other important scenes like how GJ/HR found YG and how YG was abused time and time again by GF and her Wu henchmen. Any decent director would have included the Peach Blossom Island scenes (rather than having it as flashbacks) just to show the viewers that YG had a lot of misfortunes and didn't quite fit in with anyone nor belong anywhere until he met XLN and this could help set the stage for the viewers to better understand as well as to sympathize with YG's laissez-faire behavior later in the film.

First and foremost, I want to ask if its the producer or director that sets the style of how a serial is filmed? its it more the former? With that assumption, ZJJ is not a good story-teller because he can't capture the audience's interest to watch and basically enjoy this series.
    I think that the producer is the one that sets the style of how a serial is filmed. The director then takes the producer's vision of the film and puts it on camera. If I'm correct, a director is just responsible for capturing what's on camera, whereas the producer is the one that works on the final presentation and editing of the film. Correct me if I'm wrong. And I agree with you that ZJZ is not a good story-teller. How he tells his story is analogous to someone reading out loud in monotone (lacking excitement). That's bound to put the audience to sleep.

But Li Guo Li, on the other hand, is capable of making films that are upbeat and fun to watch. Just check out Fairy from the Wonderland. It's also beautiful to look at without lacking the excitement factor. I think Li Guo Li's vision of LOCH is going to be more in tune with TVB in the early 80's, and it'll also most likely be accompanied by an awesome soundtrack. Strawberry, have you heard the Chinese Paladin and Fairy from the Wonderland soundtrack? They're really good!

Quote Originally Posted by rumikochan
    I agree with you.

I think Ariel will do a fine job, although she's not beautiful but she's really charming imo. She has the type of face, the more you look, the prettier she gets bc she's very likeable.

I'm really aniticipating for this serie since it will be different. Not exactly a repeat.

Btw, the picture of Ariel in the previous post is from a while ago. When she was much younger. Here is the more recent pic. I think she can be pretty, it really depends on the make up , clothes, hair etc.

Ariel is very likeable. She reminds me a little of Vicki Zhao as Xiao Yan Zi in HZGG, except I think Ariel is cuter. And unlike Vicki, when Ariel is serious, she actually looks mature and smart too. I'm all for Ariel for the role of HR. I think she will do an excellent job because it wouldn't at all be like acting for her; all Ariel has to do is be herself and that's HR right there.

Btw, you're right that the more you look at her, the prettier she gets. I really like her in Tian Wai Fei Xian (Fairy from the wonderland). Without her, this series probably wouldn't do well right now....it's a big hit in Taiwan at the moment.

Strawberry, it's great to know that you also feel the same way I do about ZJZ's LOCH & ROCH! I might have said something about how bland XLN and YG's relationship was, but even if I didn't say it, I definitely felt that way about it. The way ROCH 06 was presented was just overall bad, despite some good eye candy. The problem being was that I think the crew that worked on this production paid too much attention to the aesthetic quality of this film that they neglected to work on the more important stuff like good editing and good performance (if I were the director, I would have HXM redo all of those scenes that he thought he was cute and playful in). That's what you get when you try too hard to impress others by looking good....you're bound to look stupid, and this ROCH 06 production does exactly just that. The editing was bad (as I know many people are going to agree with me on this). There were many unnecessary footages included which I felt should have been left out to make room for other important scenes like how GJ/HR found YG and how YG was abused time and time again by GF and her Wu henchmen. Any decent director would have included the Peach Blossom Island scenes (rather than having it as flashbacks) just to show the viewers that YG had a lot of misfortunes and didn't quite fit in with anyone nor belong anywhere until he met XLN and this could help set the stage for the viewers to better understand as well as to sympathize with YG's laissez-faire behavior later in the film.
    I agree with you on the editing part. However...on HXM's acting...if he was the first YG that you watch...would you feel the same way?

I think that the producer is the one that sets the style of how a serial is filmed. The director then takes the producer's vision of the film and puts it on camera. If I'm correct, a director is just responsible for capturing what's on camera, whereas the producer is the one that works on the final presentation and editing of the film. Correct me if I'm wrong. And I agree with you that ZJZ is not a good story-teller. How he tells his story is analogous to someone reading out loud in monotone (lacking excitement). That's bound to put the audience to sleep.

But Li Guo Li, on the other hand, is capable of making films that are upbeat and fun to watch. Just check out Fairy from the Wonderland. It's also beautiful to look at without lacking the excitement factor. I think Li Guo Li's vision of LOCH is going to be more in tune with TVB in the early 80's, and it'll also most likely be accompanied by an awesome soundtrack. Strawberry, have you heard the Chinese Paladin and Fairy from the Wonderland soundtrack? They're really good!

You like Fairy from the Wonderland? It's different from LOCH, TLBB, ROCH, HSDS, or any of Jin Yong's series. Chinese Paladin and Fairy from the Wonderland were fun to watch but the storyline wasn't that great. Well, i guess you like that type of series.

Ariel is very likeable. She reminds me a little of Vicki Zhao as Xiao Yan Zi in HZGG, except I think Ariel is cuter. And unlike Vicki, when Ariel is serious, she actually looks mature and smart too. I'm all for Ariel for the role of HR. I think she will do an excellent job because it wouldn't at all be like acting for her; all Ariel has to do is be herself and that's HR right there.

Btw, you're right that the more you look at her, the prettier she gets. I really like her in Tian Wai Fei Xian (Fairy from the wonderland). Without her, this series probably wouldn't do well right now....it's a big hit in Taiwan at the moment.
    She doesn't look the part. HR suppose to look beautiful. Ariel isn't beautiful but cute. I was disappointed with LOCH '03's HR. She was cute and not beautiful. Plus, she's short and chubby.

You like Fairy from the Wonderland? It's different from LOCH, TLBB, ROCH, HSDS, or any of Jin Yong's series. Chinese Paladin and Fairy from the Wonderland were fun to watch but the storyline wasn't that great. Well, i guess you like that type of series.

Yeah, well the storyline isn't the best, but see what I mean about Li Guo Li. Given the average storyline, he managed to make Fairy from the Wonderland fun to watch. Imagine what he could do with a storyline like LOCH.

She doesn't look the part. HR suppose to look beautiful. Ariel isn't beautiful but cute. I was disappointed with LOCH '03's HR. She was cute and not beautiful. Plus, she's short and chubby.
    huh? Crazy, are you saying Zhou xun is short and chubby? she is not only far from that but really reed-thin.

okay, can i have a confirmation (i tried reading the previous posts and everyone keep bringing up old cast, so i got confused). Anywayz:

Ariel Lin will be HR
    Hu Ge will be GJ
    Nicolas Tse will be YK

is that right?
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?