Page 1 of 104 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Wink Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.tom.com/img/assets/200604/xian.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ent.tom.com/img/assets/200604/060414112932jian.jpg')

Hu Ge and Ariel Lin who be taking on LOCH2006 belongs to the new generation of idols while director Li Guo Li helmed Chinese Paladin last time round. After Zhou Xun and Li Yapeng LOCH2003 potrayal, the new LOCH2006 will begin filming in July 2006. This production will be directed by Li Guoli whose last work was Chinese Paladin. Huang Rong character will be played by Ariel Lin while Hu Ge will either play Guo Jing or Yang Kang.

The reporter interviewed one of the production staff after news broke about LOCH2006 and according to this Ms Cai, the idea of filming LOCH2006 came before CCTV decided to film their version of LOCH in 2003. We were actually interested in filming LOCH then but Jin Yong had already given his consent to CCTV so we changed to film 书剑恩仇录 instead. So when we knew that the copyright grace period for LOCH2003 was up, we immediately decide to immerse ourselves to film it this time.

According to what the reporter found out, LOCH2006 will have a heavier focus on Yang Kang character, "In the novel, Jin Yong focuses more on Guo Jing but Yang Kang is actually a conflicted character which also includes his relationship with Mu Nianci." Although LOCH2003 has its fans and critics, but it cant be denied that its one of the most talked about novels under Jin Yong. Ms Cai said that Li Guoli production of LOCH will be different in terms of style and will be more in touch with reality and focus more on the story. With regards to the cast, Ariel Lin has been confirmed for the Huang Rong character and although Ariel Lin is unable to compare with Zhou Xun fame and popularity, Ms Cai said the new version focuses more on the character in the story. Hu Ge will definitely play either Yang Kang or Guo Jing. We feel that he has a face that looks like Yang Kang but the character resembles Guo Jing instead, so we are still deciding.

News source - link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since ZJZ directed LOCH2003, another director 李国立 is prepared to remake it yet again. The series will begin filming in June 2006 and its known as of now that the female lead, Huang Rong will go to Ariel Lin Yi Cheng. As for the role of Guo Jing, its currently still up for grabs.

Ariel confirmed her participation as Huang Rong and is now reading the novel to understand the role better. And to prepare for the long filming in Mongolia, she is conditioning her body now everyday. She is also practising how to wield the Dog-beating stick for her Beggar sect leader role.

The cast besides Ariel, has also casted Nicholas Tse Tingfeng as the role of Yang Kang. The role of Guo Jing was actually going to be Hu Ge, but he couldnt take it because of album and drama commitments. So he would only be casted as a minor character instead.

News source - link
    Last edited by rikastar; 07-22-07 at 04:24 AM.

sorry, but Ariel is just not HR in any way to me at all...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/hqylss/2006-04/13/xin_550403131349829107331.jpg')

WHAT? THAT IS HR???

all I can say is roflcopter

Seriously, he got to be kidding right, I mean didn't Zhang Ji Zhong already made Legend of Condor Heroes.

Are you serious?????? That director should have waited another oh......5 years before doing this.....

HA HA HA...What did I say about the creativity of the Chinese industry? I think they should just call these series--"Let's Use Wuxia to Promote Actors/Actresses Round 100000x". The only type of roles I can see her in are the cutsy types and she's not even cute to me, just really annoying. I don't know about the one w/ Joe Chen which is supposedly so hot in Taiwan right now, but her roles in Secret Garden and True Love at 18 were enough to give me headaches for days.

But I think I would actually watch it just for kicks if they make it-- I think I've completely lost hope in Asian media at this point....such a sad day.

If this would be released, I would not watch it because there is no point of watching it, if I already own a mainland version. What a waste of money, the only one I would go for is the ROCH 06', but gonna wait for a uncut version. Yeah, I agree they should wait till all the other remakes are done, then reproduce another LOCH. I think ZJZ, is a high risk taker on this approach, this is a bad move.

I wonder how this will turn out.

I can see that the purpose of this to release new Jin Yong's ROCH, LOCH, HSDS every year....
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

I never heard of LoCH 2003. I have not kept up w/ wu xia drama series for quite some time until RoCH 2005 pulled me back in. Is LoCH 2003 any good? worth buying? available on dvd?
    I am a culture unto myself.

I lied. It's also known as Legend of the Arching Hero. I have seen it.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Haha! This is serious? I thought LOCH (China version) just came out not so long ago...

Nicholas Tse as Kwok Jing?

Don't you thing this actress would be a good HR?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.tinypic.com/vdzs61.jpg')

Maybe, but she looks a little too old. I think HR should be young-looking.

Nicholas tse as Yang Kang, super i love him. He will do a great Job. Who is going to be his couple?
    shu Oguri Rox!!! LUV LUV Nakayama Yuma>>

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Don't you thing this actress would be a good HR?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.tinypic.com/vdzs61.jpg')
    Is that Guo Fu in ROCH06? Or is it just my eyes and my mind are failing me?

TommyH, yes that is GF from the ROCH06 version. Her name is Chen Sa Sa.

Truly unfortunate news to hear yet another adaptation of LOCH. Producers in China must be desperate to have the novel remade so soon. Where are all the talented writers? Is there no other novels out there worthy of being made into a series? Although Nic Tse as YH will be interesting. At least he has the looks down. He should have been in the LOCH2003 version. Oh well, I'll probably skip this version if it does get made. For me, no cast has yet surpass the brilliance of the 82 series in the lead and supporting roles.

I see that the trend of casting not-quite-classically-beautiful actresses as Huang Rong continues. This is surely because portraying HR's character is more important than replicating HR's looks. Is there any reason why Ariel Lin can't do the former?

Li Guoli was apparently responsible for Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan. So I'd expect this new LOCH to be upbeat, poppy and mainstream, in comparison to ZJZ's sombre, grandiose and idiosyncratic effort. More Jin Yong-lite, basically. Li managed to draw good performances from Hu Ge and Ady An in Xian Jian, so we should see some lively acting from the leads.

For all those in China & elsewhere who dismissed LOCH03 because of a failure to appreciate ZX or an infatuation with TVB's 1982 version: I'm sure you'll just *love* this one, because it's being made just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    Where are all the talented writers? Is there no other novels out there worthy of being made into a series?
    I have a feeling that this adaptation has come about because, due to the poor reception of LOCH03, the producers still see a LOCH-shaped gap in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    For all those in China & elsewhere who dismissed LOCH03 because of a failure to appreciate ZX or an infatuation with TVB's 1982 version: I'm sure you'll just *love* this one, because it's being made just for you.

I have a feeling that this adaptation has come about because, due to the poor reception of LOCH03, the producers still see a LOCH-shaped gap in the market.
    I am doubtful I will love the new remake. My infatuation for the 82 version stems from a terrific cast that had onscreen presence and delivered unforgettable performances. The chemistry among the actors was remarkable. It was far from perfect, yet despite all the flaws, it remains a classic for me. I am just saddened that such a wonderful story has been remade time and time again to the point that it gets old and redundant. I still think the producers should invest in series with new storylines and not repeat series from the past so often.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    I am doubtful I will love the new remake. My infatuation for the 82 version stems from a terrific cast that had onscreen presence and delivered unforgettable performances. The chemistry among the actors was remarkable. It was far from perfect, yet despite all the flaws, it remains a classic for me. I am just saddened that such a wonderful story has been remade time and time again to the point that it gets old and redundant. I still think the producers should invest in series with new storylines and not repeat series from the past so often.
    Sorry, but that TVB version was horrendous. It looked like barbara yung was making up lines as she went along. What u should be sadden is how they totally missed the point of the story by adding all these stupid scenes.

In short, a totally amature, high school level serial.