Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duan Yu Vs. Guo Jing / Yang Guo / Xiao Feng / Other JY Characters

Quote Originally Posted by danshu_
    Icy Fox... I and probably everyone else have read your link in your signature already...... and i disagree with you.

Please explain why. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Please explain why. Thanks.
    Please see all the criticisms at the end of the link in your signature. Thanks.
    havent come up with a good one yet..

Quote Originally Posted by danshu_
    Please see all the criticisms at the end of the link in your signature. Thanks.
    The most critical flaw spotted was a bug in the equation. None of the criticisms attempted to disprove any of the theories I mentioned, however. Most people just felt that I was crazy enough to write such stuff in the first place.

The most critical flaw spotted was a bug in the equation. None of the criticisms attempted to disprove any of the theories I mentioned, however. Most people just felt that I was crazy enough to write such stuff in the first place.
    yeah I liked reading your work IcyFox... but to me the biggest problem is that basically your program is exactly the same as all the comparison arguments that have ever been had at Jin Yong forums. It is still based solely on subjective analysis and interpretation of what is presented in the novels, and what makes martial artists better than their competitors. The fact that you have designed a program to compare two martial artists and decide the output does not matter at all, because all the program does is calculate the inputs based on the subjective novel and martial arts analysis and interpretation of the inputer. In that sense, it is exactly the same as all the comparison arguments that have ever been had here. To me it is basically a well-thought out argument for why X > Y, just like any other well thought out argument posted here, most of which never succeed in concluding any disputes.

So pleeaaase do not tell me to "look in your signature for details" everytime their is a comparative discussion; it is not the be-all and end-all of wuxia argument by any means. Thanks.

To danshu_:

I appreciate your feedback. I assure you it's not meant to be what you (and many others) believe it to be (probably due to how I obtained the preliminary results). When I fix the equation I'll show everyone how it's supposed to work. Hopefully that should clear some myths about this whole issue.

I agree lol... to write all tat requires so much dedication

To danshu_:

I appreciate your feedback. I assure you it's not meant to be what you (and many others) believe it to be (probably due to how I obtained the preliminary results). When I fix the equation I'll show everyone how it's supposed to work. Hopefully that should clear some myths about this whole issue.
    thanks and good luck... please don't mind me for being such an a**

Banned

If Duan Yu could master his techniques he should be literally, the best under the heaven. I mean, how are people going to block his attacks if he has better internal energy than you, can attack from a distance, AND you can't even SEE his attacks?

R u sure, but do u think tan zi shen tong can equal it?

even du gu 9 jian also can't find a weakness in 6 mai shen jian ?

If you took the words of the narrator or observers like JMZ or XF then yes, 6MSJ is supposed to be some godly Kung fu. But if you just look at the description, it is sword chi generated and directed by the fingers. Index finger blade is fast and sharp like a rapier, thumb is thick and heavy like a large blade etc (JY described it in the text I didn't imagine that except the rapier and large blade analogy). And he only managed to keep MRF 1 zhang away.

So if you picture this guy waving light sabre like energy from his fingers that are invisible, fine, but the light sabres are about 10 foot long, so logically you can break it by 3 zhang palm blasts or projectiles. When DY's sword chi smashed MRF's blade, MRF did just that, he gathered the shards with his energy and hurled them at DY and DY had to flop to the floor to dodge. Sure DY can dodge or deflect if he was more experienced but my point is, with limited sword chi range, the opponent can missile attack outside 6msj range, not sit there just defending or running away.

Now, if you paired up 6MSJ with DG9J that would be something!
    Last edited by CC; 12-02-13 at 01:41 PM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I wonder what happens when 6MSJ meets a 20 feet LDA. Would 6MSJ dissipate the LDA so at least the 6MSJ practitioner isn't hurt?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I wonder what happens when 6MSJ meets a 20 feet LDA. Would 6MSJ dissipate the LDA so at least the 6MSJ practitioner isn't hurt?
    I'm pretty convinced that it depends on the nature of the LDA. 6MSJ is still a sword so something crazy like XF's triple-melded blast wouldn't be distorted much. You'd better get out of the way. A regular palm blast/strike wouldn't reach in time before the sword arrives first so that would be a huge problem.

But if it were something like Canhe Finger, then it's probably an internal energy contest except 6MSJ is likely more "efficient" within its range. So unless you had quite a bit more internal energy, 6MSJ would probably be faster (6 swords) and overwhelming in power.

As for weaknesses, 6MSJ had stances and even took on the characteristics of the named sword as CC noted. The blade itself is invisible which is why it was incredibly difficult to deal with but the sword art itself had stances and thus weaknesses.

A trained DG9J user looks for cues besides the movement of the weapon. This is a basic in martial arts (as well as sports in general for that matter) but DG9J takes it to the absolute extreme.

Frankly, I don't see why a DG9J couldn't dismantle a 6MSJ user who hasn't ascended to formlessness as long as their abilities aren't too far apart in the first place (e.g., a fully practiced 6MSJ user vs LHC without internal energy wouldn't end well for LHC). DG9J even has an energy-breaking stance that specifically mentions "invisible internal energy" as its target. Possibly it involves dealing with non-obvious cues of internal energy flow and interrupting it before the power is unleashed.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 12-02-13 at 04:07 PM.