Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duan Yu Vs. Guo Jing / Yang Guo / Xiao Feng / Other JY Characters

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default Duan Yu Vs. Guo Jing / Yang Guo / Xiao Feng / Other JY Characters

Duan Yu has the powerful skill of 6MSJ. With 6MSJ what will the results be when he fight: GJ? YG? XF? DFBB? DGKB? GWM? ZWJ? Z3F?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Duan Yu has the powerful skill of 6MSJ. With 6MSJ what will the results be when he fight: GJ? YG? XF? DFBB? DGKB? GWM? ZWJ? Z3F?
    The answer is pretty obvious. If DY has full mastery of 6MSJ, then he can literally whip any of the people mentioned above. However, for the time in DSGS, DY is still too inexperienced and weak. DY sometimes even has trouble executing this technique out correctly.

XF thought to himself that even himself can't block this 6MSJ and he also understands Ah Zhu's worries.
    However, for the 6MSJ to be executed correctly, DY had to recieve pointers from XF of how to use it.
    So at that moment? No. In the future? Yes.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    The answer is pretty obvious. If DY has full mastery of 6MSJ, then he can literally whip any of the people mentioned above. However, for the time in DSGS, DY is still too inexperienced and weak. DY sometimes even has trouble executing this technique out correctly.

XF thought to himself that even himself can't block this 6MSJ and he also understands Ah Zhu's worries.
    However, for the 6MSJ to be executed correctly, DY had to recieve pointers from XF of how to use it.
    So at that moment? No. In the future? Yes.
    So that basically says 6MSJ is the "most" powerful technique in the world of JY?

So that basically says 6MSJ is the "most" powerful technique in the world of JY?
    Well...., that is a slightly controversial. 6MSJ is without doubt the best sword kung fu.

Provided he can aim and shoot accurately, Deun Yu would defeat all of the named opponents. He's got the closest thing in wuxia to a gun...a laser gun at that.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Provided he can aim and shoot accurately, Deun Yu would defeat all of the named opponents. He's got the closest thing in wuxia to a gun...a laser gun at that.
    An invisible laser gun! Ken when you say concentrated/focused palm blasts/energy attacks do you mean something like DY's 6MSJ?

An invisible laser gun! Ken when you say concentrated/focused palm blasts/energy attacks do you mean something like DY's 6MSJ?
    Somewhat, yes.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Somewhat, yes.
    I see. Do you agree that energy is invisible? Did Jin Yong ever say that palm blasts are invisible? I still find it hard to imagine an invisible shooting sword.

Remember that the fight at Shaolin was probably DY's first real fight, he didn't know how to use 6MSJ properly, the way he was fighting, it was even worse than only using 1 sword at a time. He was switching between swords haphazardly and there were many holes in his defense but Murong Fu was unable to make any meaningful attack on him simply because 6MSJ is incredible.

Later on DY sucked Jiumozhi who is about equal to XF, and while DY had a load of inner power before, getting the power of JMZ is still pretty significant and after one has enough Beiming Zhenqi many things become easier.

I've _heard_ that near the end of DGSD DY got taught martial arts by his uncle or Elder Kurong, but I don't remember any such thing actually happening.

I see. Do you agree that energy is invisible? Did Jin Yong ever say that palm blasts are invisible?
    Well, no. I don't think Jin Yong ever said the blast energy was invisible, but since he described only the blasts' *effects* and never anything like those CGI laser beams in adaptations, I'm left to assume that the energy itself was not visible to the human eye (only the energy's effects).

DY would be running around using LBWB blasting holes through all these guys easily.

Quote Originally Posted by The_One
    DY would be running around using LBWB blasting holes through all these guys easily.
    Yes, If he really mastered 6MSJ and Treading Waves Lightness kung fu, he would be pretty much unstoppable.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Ever seen how Mace Windu countered Jango Fett's laser blaster shots in Star Wars?

The 6MSJ is one of the best martial arts in JY's canon but it's not invincible. Most JY characters won't be able to defeat the 6MSJ but what about the Sweeper? DGQB? Z3F? Ah Ching?

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Ever seen how Mace Windu countered Jango Fett's laser blaster shots in Star Wars?

The 6MSJ is one of the best martial arts in JY's canon but it's not invincible. Most JY characters won't be able to defeat the 6MSJ but what about the Sweeper? DGQB? Z3F? Ah Ching?
    Should Z3F be classed very much higher than ZWJ??? the latter is in possession of his 2 best skills after all...
    havent come up with a good one yet..

Quote Originally Posted by danshu_
    Should Z3F be classed very much higher than ZWJ??? the latter is in possession of his 2 best skills after all...
    Yes. I explained why in the link in my signature. Visit it for details.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Yes. I explained why in the link in my signature. Visit it for details.
    Icy Fox... I and probably everyone else have read your link in your signature already...... and i disagree with you.

If I'm not mistaken, 6MSJ can do slashing move. So, I don't think aiming accurately is a must. It's more like a long sword than a laser gun.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    If I'm not mistaken, 6MSJ can do slashing move. So, I don't think aiming accurately is a must. It's more like a long sword than a laser gun.
    yep, its not a gun, thats tv stuff.

Does he use one hand or both hands (alternatively or together)?

And why is it better to stick with one mai (sword characteristic)? Would that change if he get more experienced?

Even if DY doesnt use 6MSJ, DY can run around them with treading waves and touch them all over until he find the right spot for BMSG.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

in ROCH, when yideng fought against JLFW, his finger blast were translated as 'finger fires'. duan yu's 6MDS should be both slashing and stabbing movements. at the highest level, he should be able to unleash all six types of 'swords' similtaneously, but the level of power needed for that is unknown. at the end of DGSD, DY was on par with XuZhuin grace and movements. it was mentioned he had been practising his family's inner power and kung fu and refined the inner power he received from JMZ even futher and {suggested} he had mastered his skills completely. most probably he had learned the skills he hadn't learned before like yiyang zhi and duan swordplay. his uncle taught him the skills he didn't know before handing the crown to him.{it was in the adaption but not sure if that scence was in the novel}

6MDS is an inner power kung fu that creates sword chi. the sword chi is like an energy aura in the shape of a long blade, capable of cutting and shattering enemies and weaons alike. it can't be seen by the naked eye but the wind it 'cuts' makes noise and the radiating energy can be felt before the 'sword' hits you.

YG could probably equal 6MDS with heavy sword, when he was at 'after creating sad palms' level.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/