Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mythical Crane Magic Needle '92

i successfully copied the vhs to DVD!! clearness goodness ME!

oooh goodie. my mom did that fer my great-uncle;
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

wat program did u use to copy it over?

i find the quality not up to par if it isn't from the original tape so i tend to capture it in low quality wiht high quality sound then borrow the chinese dvd from my store and add the sound in. takes very long but its worth the time if u like the film.

forgot to ask, is there a movie version? i vaguely remember the name but i haven't seen it. is it any better? did Bak Wan Fei have a different ending to the novel and the series? i would rather if she did.

i think the first page, someone was talking about the movie version..

you know what my mom did? she had a dvd player & vhs player in one & it allowed her to copy. i don`t know how else. you can download it off a site & put it on a disk. thats the only two ways i know how.

Red face i Hi

id probably give them away when i get a burner.

i actually have a tv tuner/capture card in my comp. it allows me to capture from tape, tv or camcorders onto my comp in a selection of files. i don't actually give any away but my family friends view my home as a video library so they come over every few days to look for films to watch. i like working on my films, making menu and stuff for them. really fun.

i stock over 200 series and countless movies from all over the world. i'm running out of room to store them.

and before anyone ask, no i don't charge anything for my films. its just sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    i actually have a tv tuner/capture card in my comp. it allows me to capture from tape, tv or camcorders onto my comp in a selection of files. i don't actually give any away but my family friends view my home as a video library so they come over every few days to look for films to watch. i like working on my films, making menu and stuff for them. really fun.

i stock over 200 series and countless movies from all over the world. i'm running out of room to store them.

and before anyone ask, no i don't charge anything for my films. its just sharing.
    well then, let's Share!!

Default here Y'all

youtube.com/v/pqe-YA0cOHE

give us some encourage

u'll have to post the full link for anyone to watch it. i could access it.

Anyone got the subs ? Where Tieu Diep plays the instrument where she was crying
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://i9.tinypic.com/2cp4137.jpg'), '')

i heard tieu diep sang the theme. . .
    everytime i see eddie ko in any other series/movie`s
    im always thinking in my head "Nam Hai Binh!!" lol

anyone pls enlighten me with the author name? coz all i know about this series is just the title name...it would be great if someone provide the author and title name in english, pinyin and chinese spelling...coz i coudn't read chinese... does that series have english subtitle? is that available to buy out there?

Quote Originally Posted by qinglong
    anyone pls enlighten me with the author name? coz all i know about this series is just the title name...it would be great if someone provide the author and title name in english, pinyin and chinese spelling...coz i coudn't read chinese... does that series have english subtitle? is that available to buy out there?
    Title : 新仙鹤神针 (xin xian he shen zhen) - New Mthyical Crane Magical Needle
    Author : 卧龙生 (Wo Long Sheng)
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

thank a lot...now i can search with more detailed info

forgot to ask, is there a movie version? i vaguely remember the name but i haven't seen it. is it any better? did Bak Wan Fei have a different ending to the novel and the series? i would rather if she did.
    Yes, the movie version stars Tony Leung, Anita Mui as Bai Yunfei, Rsamund Kwan and Liu Song Ren, as someone on page one had mentioned.

Bai Yunfei is my favourite character in both version. In the movie, she 'died' nobly to save the others from the villian. It was thought that she might have escape death, but there was no sequel, so the speculation goes to the audience. I really love the scene where she flew on the crane and the ones where she taught Tony his martial arts.

I don't like Xiao Die much. It seemed Xiao Die's closer to getting the lead guy than Bai Yunfei do. But for a character as noble as Bai Yunfei, it's best she's on her own since nobody could ever deserve her.

her character was made out to be very perfect, but so was the younger martial sister, she had the whole thing going on with her being so cute and nice that no one had the heart to hurt her.
    I've started reading the book. Up to chapter 2 now.

I find the younger martial sister sometimes likeable, sometimes annoying. But, I'm currently more in the annoyed mode. I wish WLS would stop telling me how cute and innocent and pure she is. I like her in the beginning because she's quite gusty. But now, she just act babyish. This girl should start acting her age. She sounds like 10 more than 17.

I also notice that the main guy and the younger martial sister tend to cry a lot. Just chapter 1 alone, the main guy has cried 3 times, while the martial sister twice (once was for a very small non-issue).
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

^^ haha; thats little compared to how many times they cried in the series.

i have a question, who is the actor that played "NAM HAi BiNH" he saved the princess, and left tieu diep`s mother... and then took in the main guy as a student (making him have beef with everyone in vo lam)?? i keep forgetting his name...

i don't have a clue wat ur talking about. i haven't seen the film or read the novel for a while.

i tend to get peeved when my favorite character doesn't play a big role or is overlooked or have a bad ending.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

[QUOTE=lilviet_grl8o8i have a question, who is the actor that played "NAM HAi BiNH" he saved the princess, and left tieu diep`s mother... and then took in the main guy as a student (making him have beef with everyone in vo lam)?? i keep forgetting his name...[/QUOTE]

The actor is Eddy Ko Hung 高雄. I really liked him playing as nam hoi ping.