Thread: Chameleon

Default Chameleon

For those who are interested, the entire 80 episode serial has been uploaded onto Youtube. I've been watching this on and off, and it's really enjoyable. The 70s setting hasn't aged well, but the plot flows well, and the characters are all really well done. The retro feel, coupled with golden performances from veterans such as the late Cheung Ying and Tang Bik Wan, make this a really nostalgic journey back to 40 years ago. I never realised how drop-dead gorgeous Bonnie Ngai was in her young days either!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFGK...YYl4Erbwtlap9H

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    For those who are interested, the entire 80 episode serial has been uploaded onto Youtube. I've been watching this on and off, and it's really enjoyable. The 70s setting hasn't aged well, but the plot flows well, and the characters are all really well done. The retro feel, coupled with golden performances from veterans such as the late Cheung Ying and Tang Bik Wan, make this a really nostalgic journey back to 40 years ago. I never realised how drop-dead gorgeous Bonnie Ngai was in her young days either!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFGK...YYl4Erbwtlap9H
    Hi! I thought the first half of the series was way better than the second half. I never realised that they killed off Bonnie's character so she could star in another series. But her sudden departure made her character very memorable.

I know they did make a sequel but it was very bland.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Wow, really that is fu, let em tryna check that in YouTube!