Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Design your own martial art

Default Design your own martial art

If you want to create a martial art for a novel what will you create? Please don't copy Jinyong, Gulong, and other writer own martial arts idea such as Sunflower castration, 6MSG or Star sucking technique abilties.

Ok here's a few:

I release my internal energy, evenly, through many points throughout the body (not just hand and legs, more like YG's sad palm etc.) and I start spinning rapidly, swirling my internal energy around me. I name this heavenly spin, and will me used to repel any strikes or weaponary that is struck with equal or less force than I can normally handle. In this way I can counter numerous hits at the same time from different directions (ie useful against many weaker fighters). Pros: against weak fighters, surprise attacks and being surrounded. Cons: energy intensive, weak in one on one fights.

I concentrate all my internal energy in one spot - the right hand, so much that it is visible to the eye, then slice that into the opponent. Pros: Will destroy the opponent, even if he tries to block. Cons: if the opponent dodges, leave the other parts of the body vulnerable. Hence need to use it against opponents who are not as mobile, can't dodge etc, kinda like a last hit or if they are close to you.

I hope you like 'my' ideas, do you think they are feasible in wuxia?

Next time I will introduce : copy wheel eyes and transparent eyes.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    I release my internal energy, evenly, through many points throughout the body (not just hand and legs, more like YG's sad palm etc.) and I start spinning rapidly, swirling my internal energy around me.
    oh god, i can almost visualise what the HSDS 03 CGI director would do with that move

Hang on, instead of 'would do' you mean 'have done' right? If I remember correctly ZWJ spun like an amusement park ride, while the 5 Kong Dong were its arms.

Member of TC fanclub.

I concentrate all my internal energy in one spot - the right hand, so much that it is visible to the eye, then slice that into the opponent. Pros: Will destroy the opponent, even if he tries to block. Cons: if the opponent dodges, leave the other parts of the body vulnerable. Hence need to use it against opponents who are not as mobile, can't dodge etc, kinda like a last hit or if they are close to you.
    So similar to Little Dagger Li then, this is your kill shot, and you better not miss ever!!!

Hang on, instead of 'would do' you mean 'have done' right? If I remember correctly ZWJ spun like an amusement park ride, while the 5 Kong Dong were its arms.
    So, so true.

And yittz, stop thieving from Naruto. That's clearly the Hyuga Kaiten and Kakashi's Raikiri, followed by the Uchiha Sharingan and the Hyuga Byakugan.

Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Cursed Flames-a deadly attack that cause enemy to be burned to ashes in 10-20 ft without touching him.

Black finger block-practice enough to turn a person finger stronger then diamond allowing to bloak any sharp and heavy weapon and pushed it back.

Amaterasu and Lu Xiaofeng's fingers?

Black finger block-Not exactly it uses one finger to block instead of 2 finger to clip it in the middle. Also it can stabbed anything with it .

Wanzing force-a technique to cause someone to see illusion of the things they love the most for 3 minutes.
    Last edited by aniking_8; 07-25-07 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aniking_8 View Post
    Black finger block-Not exactly it uses one finger to block instead of 2 finger to clip it in the middle. Also it can stabbed anything with it .

Wanzing force-a technique to cause someone to see illusion of the things they love the most for 3 minutes.
    The second one isn't a martial art.

Some type of unltimate Lightness kung-fu that is somewhat like the sel;f-protecting aura and will get me out of anything. Why fight when I can run? Will get me through life easier.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

It would be cool if internal energy could be bought. Like, I buy 5000 pounds of internal energy and use it in combat until it runs out (which would be 5 seconds, since each hit of a Great is roughly 1000 pounds ).
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    So, so true.

And yittz, stop thieving from Naruto. That's clearly the Hyuga Kaiten and Kakashi's Raikiri, followed by the Uchiha Sharingan and the Hyuga Byakugan.

Damn, foiled. That eye you showed at the end... is that Deidara's anti-genjutsu?

Ignoring byakugen, most of Neji's arts and Rock lee's (even breaking the gates) can be used in wuxia. Copy wheel eyes is also plausible - didn't QKDNY allow ZWJ to copy arts. Even genjutsu is similar to one of 9Yin arts. Anything that naruto do is too much for wuxia to explain though.

To PJ: if DY and XZ combined forces, I think you can buy it off them.

I think I might join the rpg as a neji-itachi hybrid, how pawnage would that be.

Member of TC fanclub.

Shift Shade-allowing the person to attacked using his shadow and killed others by striking their shadow.

Sounds awefully like nara clan's skill, shadow binding etc. How can you hit a shadow in the hope to damage the person?

Member of TC fanclub.

Nobody wants a skill where :

1. The world freezes while you do a 'horse' stance' and wave your arms about.

2. You push your palms out and Images of a Giant Golden Dragon/s shoots out and rams your opponent who explodes.

Totally original and not copied from Jin Yong or Gulong who could never have wrote anything like that!!!

?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I think it would be better to get more realistic. Like CC had said, no one wants this kind of skills.

No offence aniking_8, but realistically speaking, there's no way you can hurt someone by hitting their shadow. It's too unrealistic for a martial art.

yittz, your second skill sounds pretty cool. However, how many people can you think of who have internal energy so high that when it is fully concentrated it is visible to the naked eye?
    Last edited by kwekmh; 07-26-07 at 10:24 AM.

Damn, foiled. That eye you showed at the end... is that Deidara's anti-genjutsu?
    Don't fear Deidara.

Fear this.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/3300/itachimange2we0.gif')
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 07-26-07 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aniking_8 View Post
    Shift Shade-allowing the person to attacked using his shadow and killed others by striking their shadow.
    You've been watching too much cartoon bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Don't fear Deidara.

Fear this.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/3300/itachimange2we0.gif')
    Damn uchiha fan. Sasuke deserves to die. How do you do a boss summon with no chakra (naruto can only do it by tapping into kyubi). Damn uchiha plot no jutsu. Hyuuga is better and realistic, not relying on cheapass genjutsu.

Member of TC fanclub.