Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Wuxia RPG2 story unabridged...

posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    He was not aware of how many days had passed. The events of the last few days were all a blur to him and worst of all, he was now considered a cripple. The effects of the drug given to him had begun to wear off. His wound had start to hurt again and the burning sensation in his chest had crept its way back. Thing's seemed like they couldn't get any worse, but finally the familiar bamboo hut came into view. The hut looked very demure standing next to the other bamboo giants.

Li picked up his pace. The wound had made him very weak and he fell to his feet many times, but sure enough, he picked himself up every time. Finally, he made it to the front door. Just as he was about to call out for that person however, he lost all strength and darkness enveloped him.

.....Hours Later.....

Li finally regained consciousness. He found himself looking at the canopies of the bamboo forest, while laying on a pile of leaves. It reminded him of his younger days, before he had set his foot upon wulin, before he became ill. Suddenly, he caught the whiff of a very familiar aroma. Rolling his head to the left, he saw a sitting figure, a familiar figure, with a pipe in his hand. The man must have been in his late 70's, but despite that, he looked like he was full of energy. He was bald with chaotic eye brows, eyes half shut, a very long beard, and had the face of an enlightened person.

"Long time no see young disciple," muttered the man as a puff of smoke escaped from his mouth.

Li got to his knees and bowed in obeisance as fast he could.

"Student Li Kang pays respect to master."

"Enough with the formalities. Tell how you came to be in this shape."

.....A few moments pass as Li Kang recounts his life for the past nine years and of how he had sustained such a serious injury.....

"It seems as if you've gone through many hardships my disciple. All those years working on your sword skill only to end up in this condition and now, you suffer from a life threatening illness," said Li's master followed by a long sigh.

"I'm sorry master. If I were a better student, I wouldn't have ended up like this."

There was a sudden, but short silence between the two.

"Concerning your tuberculosis, I cannot cure you. I believe only Shui Dou Yi has those capabilities, but with my nei gong, I can probably suppress it for quite sometime. Enough time for me to teach you the complete and true Demon's Waltz. Though it will not cure you, the nei gong boost that you gain from this will be more than enough to suppress the illness. I shall teach you my forte, the true Demon's Waltz, something that you've never seen. In three month's time, I will make you become even more powerful than you were. More powerful than you'd ever imagined."

"I am greatly indebted to you master," said Li as he bowed to his master many times.

When Li finally finished, he noticed that his master was gone.

"He must have gone into the house," thought Li.

An instant later, Li's master came out of the house with a black bag in his hand.

"Here, put this on. You begin your training today," said Li's master as he brought the bag to Li..

Li's master reached inside the bag and pulled out an iron tablet along with a few pieces of cloth.

In my youth, this is how I trained. Here take hold of it,” said Li's master as he handed the bar to Li.

Li reached to receive the tablet, but suddenly he lost his seating balance and fell over. The weight of the tablet shocked him. The tablet must have weighed at least 150lbs.

“You must condition your arm for this technique. For three months, you will wear this day and night, as if it were a part of you.” said Li's master as he took the tablet and tied it to Li's arm with some cloth.

“What skill will I learn master?”

“Don't ask, just follow me and you'll see.”

Li's master took off ahead of him. Li had to muster up great effort to get to his feet, but eventually he did. He followed in his master's direction.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

posted by Excelsior
    --- Back at Mt. Er Mei in a room ---

“Come on now, Zhao Min, we have been married for 30 over years now. I’m sure that you know my love for you is unconditional and will never change. If I was fickle-minded I would have left the island years ago to return to the mainland.” hushed Zhang Wu Ji into Zhao Min’s ears.

Without even turning around to look at her husband, Zhao Min shuffled her feet to the other corner of the room with her lips still pouted, and eyes still affixed to the beam that span across the room.

Back in the courtyard of Mt. Er Mei the daily on-goings off the female disciples provided a much needed distraction to Huang Long. Never in his life has been surrounded by so many women. He could feel the intense Yin energy that was circulating from the areas within the premises.

He took out a manual that had been tucked between his overcoat and shirt for three years now. The front cover wrote only four words in a continuous calligraphy stroke, Yin Yang He Yi. He flipped the yellow pages of the manual that were almost transparent after battling the elements for three consecutive years.

The manual wrote of a new skill that Huang Long’s father, Wai Long, and his mother, Yu Feng, had created when they were still alive. The skill emphasized on the importance of the equipoise needed in all things naturally.

The skill was too profound for Huang Long’s understanding as it needed both the Yin and Yang energies to coincide and balance harmoniously within him. He had been thinking over breakfast about the major Yang disturbances that disappeared from the dining hall when Zhou Zhi Ruo walked in.

“Was that the harmony of both forces? Elder Zhang practices Jiu Yang Shen Gong, while Elder Zhou practises Jiu Ying Zhen Jing. Their bodies must have emitted the Yin and Yang energies sub-consciously and blended in harmony with each other upon meeting.” Huang Long thought as he flipped the pages of the manual furiously, trying as hard as he can to comprehend the pictures and words that litter every page.

As he grew deeply engrossed into the meanings of the manuals countless instructions, he was again sucked into the empty void that was within him. Endless questions flooded his brain and his eyes moving in all directions trying hard to scan the pages of the manual hoping to find something that appeared familiar to him. Totally unaware of his surroundings, he took a step forward and stepped upon empty air, and lost his balance.

Huang Long rolled down the long flight of stairs that led all the way to the nearest pavilion ten meters below. Before he knew it he had fainted from the impact. Everything that he had thought about had returned with no answer but an empty black vision.

The pictures in the manual ran like a continuous feed in his mind. Things were starting to piece together like they should have. The flowing motion of the body and the balance in the forces were exactly like what the manual had described. He had finally unlocked the mystery behind balancing the two opposite energies.

Huang Long opened his eyes as the light pierced through the shades that covered the window. As he regained his vision, Huang Long noticed Zhang Wu Ji sitting beside his bed taking his pulse, while Zhou Zhiruo and Zhao Min looked on.

“Young lad, you are finally awake. You have been unconscious for the past two days after rolling down almost a thousand steps.” said a concern Zhang Wu Ji.

“How are you feeling, young friend?” asked both women together. They smiled at each and giggled.

“Sunshine after a storm?” Huang Long asked himself.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

posted by strife_au
    continuing on from from the inn.

"Heh thank you but I would highly that statement, there seems to be a endless amount of strong pugilists from the central plains. From my island the level of our martial arts have deteriorated over centuries. Your martial arts is quite peerless, it's surely above mine" replied Huai Suan.

"Your too humble brother Huai, my arts is no where near yours and my neigong is far inferior to you. You suspect that the demons & dragons sect may have something to do with the massacre of your island? spoke Shue yun as he enjoyed a sip of thw fine wine.

"I certainly believe so, there martial arts is so similar it cannot be ignored. I have seen the wounds that were dealt to my people and they certainly come from the same type of martial arts as the demons & dragons sect" replied Huai Suan.

"I see, they are the most infamous unorthodox sect in Jiang hu, they have all the connections with other unorthodox sects. There leader is Shen Mo, who is an very strong pugilist lord. I wonder why they would attack your island for, I sense they were obviously looking for some kind of martial arts manual or treasure thats within your island?" said Shue yun.

"Thats what i want to find out aswell, there is some divine martial arts at the celestial temple, I too wonder what they were after... I just want to avenge the death of my brothers and sisters" sighed Huai Suan.

"Say brother Shue Yun, what about yourself what sect are you from ?" asked Liu Xuan.

"I'm a member of the divine elements sect, from mount of divine elements. But I explore Jiang hu for my own leisure and will. I enjoy seeing the wide scapes of the central plains gaining wealths of experience. I enjoying observing others martial art skills and elarning from them."

"Ahh such a great lifestyle, I was we had the opportunity to do so aswell" replied Liu Xuan as she sighed.

"Well sister liu this is one great opportunity to do so, after we take revenge for the murders. I will personally take you exploring the whole of Jiang hu to your hearts content" smirked Zhuang kuen

"Asif I would want you to take me, I'd prefer Lord Huai or brother Shue too" joked Liu Xuan.

"hehe just one thing, please I prefer if you guys dont call me master Huai or Lord Huai, really doesnt sound fitting that I'm your guys age and ... ahh just call me by my name got it?" smiled Huai Suan

The group continued their converstaions and laughter.

posted by Single Whip
    After leaving the abandoned temple and Jian Yi had a chance to eat, Zong Yueh asked Jian Yi, "How are you feeling brother?"
    "I feel better, but I need a secluded place to meditate and circulate my 9 Yang energy to be completely healed. Plus for some reason my cheeks are hurting. Do you know why?"

"Oh, its nothing." Zong Yueh said smiling. Now that Jian Yi is no longer in danger, Zong Yueh cannot stop thinking of how funny it was when YueYou panicked and kept slapping his brother. "Some divine healer you are." he thought.

The two brothers found an abandoned shack and entered it. "Zong Yueh, do you have the note that I gave you?"
    "Yes, here it is, I also have this book." Zong Yueh showed both to Jian Yi.
    'Oh, there is nothing in the book, I have been meaning to write down the art of 9 yang and the Cui ye 9 yang palm, but I haven't had the time. However, the note contains the 10th style of the palm and I have also been meaning to pass down the art of 9 Yang to you. That is why I was reciting it right before I passed out."

"Oh, so that's what it is, I still remember some of the words, but I was too concerned to pay full attention."

"How about this, lets practice together since in order to recover, I have start from the basic of 9 Yang again."

Jian Yi then proceed to recite the art of 9 Yang again while Zong Yueh paid full attention. "The enemy's energy has reached my hair and skin, my intention has penetrated his flesh and bone..........The energy is generated in the waist, transferred through the spine, and manifested in the palms and fingers..."

Once he finished reciting, the two brothers followed the instructions and started practicing.

combined post by Single Whip
    Zong Yueh felt suddenly that there is a ball of heat in his dan tian. According to the instruction, he pushed the heat through the ming men accupoint into the spine. From there it travelled up into the shoulders and hands. He then collect the heat energy back into the spine, sent it to the bai hui point, then down back into his dantian to complete the circle.

"I wonder why I succeed easily? I always thought the art of 9 Yang is hard to master"

Unknown to him, Tai Chi and 9 Yang is closely connected. When Zhan San Feng was young, he learned the 9 Yang inner energy cultivation. Therefore the art became the foundation of his martial arts. While Tai Chi is the culmination of all of his experience in martial arts. For someone who has dedicated his life in learning Tai Chi, learning 9 Yang can be likened as the ending that makes a full circle to meet the beginning or a Yin that has reached its extreme and became Yang.

After practicing for some time, even though he cannot say that he has fully mastered the art of 9 Yang, but he has gained significant benefits from it.

He felt that his 9 Yang energy has blended with his Tai Chi energy. The Yang energy, though pure is concealed by the softness of Tai Chi. Using his intention, he can make the Yang energy suddenly appear and suddenly disappear.

Finally, they finished practicing.

"I feel so much better." Jian Yi exclaimed.

posted by druid
    “I really must thank my opponent for injuring me this badly.” Jian Yi said aloud.

“Oh? And why is that?” Asked a curious Zong Yueh.

“Thanks to his attack, most of my aucpoints are now freed; I have now fully mastered the art of 9yang. 9yang’s zhen qi is flowing freely through my body. Such a blessing in disguise! Thank heaven for this wondrous chance.” Explained Jian Yi with a look of pure gratitude on his face.

“ Sorry brother, but I do not get it. How did his attack free your aucpoints?”

“ He directed his attacks to several of my vital organs when I was caught unaware. Because at that point, I have only mastered say 70% of 9yang… my 9yang zhen qi is not dense enough to withstand high-powered attacks. But I was able to absorb 40% of the damage that he managed to inflict to me. The other 60% of the damage help freed my Tianshu, GuanMeng and Renying points very indirectly which I will explain in a short while. These three points are needed to fully master the art of 9yang. To tell you the truth, I would have died, as 60% of the damage is still too much force needed to clear the three points. However with QKDNY, I was able to shift small amounts of the damage to other parts of my body. As a result, I was unable to move after his first palm landed on my stomach, near the GuanMeng point due to pain erupting from all over my body. Sensing this opportunity, he quickly unleashed several swifter palm strikes to my chest and lower stomach. Again pain exploded through my mind and body as I collapsed to the ground. As his palms were all very well balanced with both Yin and Yang, and all my Yang Qi was directed at adsorbing 40% of his attacks, the Yin Qi that invaded my body was rapidly rushing into my Dan Tian causing all my internal qi to run amok. Yet for some unknown reason, part of the Yang qi that came from the palm strikes began to gather at the three points as I had mention earlier. As Yang is aggressive, it finally flowed past the three points and free them in the process. However, as this Yang qi is of different “quality” than my own, it too began to cause serious internal injuries to me. Coupled with the enormous amount of pain from all over my body… I knew I had very little chance to survive. Yet 9yang has an extremely fast rate of healing… hence I was able to hold on till you found me.” Recounted Jian Yi.

posted by rapture
    Zhao huyans head began filling with catastrophic thoughts, he could not keep his

eyes away from her.

'But would kind of man would I be if I violated beatutiful young girls, my name as

a 'zin ren jun zhi' will be completely tarnished... when she wakes she would not

be able to resist my irresistable charm anyway, her body and mind will be mine!! I

will staisfy all her needs while she will do the same for me' smiled Zhao Huyan

He could not stop himself from stroking her beautiful face. it was smoother than

anything ZHao Huyan has ever felt before.

Suddenly his servant ran to the room "excuse me master for disturbing your

pleasureable session... but this is an emergency!! some demons & dragons

members have come expecting to speaking to you" said the servant.

posted by Single Whip
    Back at the abandoned shack, suddenly the two brothers grimaced and hold their stomach. They felt their stomach churning, but this time not with the 9 Yang energy.

"Excuse me, I have to go outside" Zong Yueh said,
    "Me too." Jian Yi replied

After taking care of "business" (3 times), Zong Yueh can't help wondering if his diarrhea is a side effect of practising 9 Yang. "It can't be", he thought, "I clearly followed the instruction step by step."

Usually he pride himself of being very observant, but this is one mystery that the could not solve. Never in his wildest dream could he imagine that the pretty young girl that he just met for the very first time would have anything to do with it.

posted by strife_au
    meanwhile back at the inn...

Shue Yun and Huai Suan and co chatted till it was very late in the evening. The group joked and talked with utter freedom that was the complete parody to the current wulin state.

"Brother Shue, I believe its been a long day for you you should go and take a rest now, we will meet again tomorrow?" spoke Huai Suan who had never drunk so much wine in his life before.

"Yes, I believe Brother Huai, Zhuang and sister Liu are also very tired after what happened at yesterdays conference should get some rest too. We will discuss matters tomorrow when we are all freshed again" said Shue Yun with smile.
    The two parties then made their way to their rooms.

Shue Yun slowly walked back to his room. He had enjoyed the conversation with Huai Suan and co very deeply as he had gained so much insight that he had never known.

He reached his room as he saw brother Bei Xing lying their sound asleep still.
    He stood besides the window staring out to the shining moonlight thinking.... about the endless thoughts that resided in his all to wide mind.

Suddenly he saw figure moving lightning quick sped past his window, one of which's qing gong was magnificent as his movement caused ferocious winds to upheave outside. Shue Yun swiftly made his way out the window and proceeded to follow where the unknown person had left to.

posted by IcyFox
    Back at the Bad Guys' HQ:

Shen Mo was receiving reports from his subordinates regarding the casulties sustained by their armies. He was very pleased with their performance as they managed to seriously cripple the Wulin's power as well as increase the chances of the planned coup being successful.

He placed the Heaven Sword on the table next to his throne and ordered his men to treat the wounded like Da Tou and Yao Hu Shuan. He then asked his men about Szema Fei and Li Xiao Sheng.

All the men remained silent with their heads down. Shen Mo was getting impatient. He growled, "Well, what's going on? Open your mouths, you fools!"

Finally one of the commanders plucked up the courage to step forward. He shivered as he said, "Master, they escaped." Shen Mo's eyes became wide open. He snapped, "And the men?" The commander stammered, "All... dead, s...sir."

Shen Mo smashed the table in front of him and roared, "WHAT?!"

All the men quickly knelt down and kowtowed. Shen Mo continued, "How the hell did this happen? You useless pigs! Get out of here and leopard-crawl for the next 2 hours! And no night-snack for you!"

The men replied, "Yes master!" and hurriedly filed out.

posted by Extremer88
    Da Tou walked up to Shen Mo and said, "Master, there is no need to panic. I assure you that I will bring back both of them for you."

Shen Mo replied, "You're seriously injured, you better get some rest first.

Da Tou said, "Should we proceed with Plan B?"

Shen Mo said, "We are left with no choice. All because of these fools. One small kid and a fragile lady and yet they can't bring them back. Da Tou, I'm counting on you now."

Da Tou knelt down and replied, "Yes sir! I promise to bring back both Szema Fei and Li Xiao Sheng, and also to kill that traitor, Huang Long. And that other elusive weapon, the Dragon Sabre."

Shen Mo shouted, "Good, that's my good man. Da Tou, you are different from others, you have been serving for almost decades now, and yet you're still loyal to me."

Da Tou, "Master, thanks for your praise. You saved my life before, so my life belongs to yours and I would forever stay by your side, protecting you and advising you."

Shen Mo said, "You shall leave tomorrow morning. I'm counting on your expertise on this."

Everyone then knelt down and shouted, "Long live Master, long live Master!"

posted by IcyFox
    Just as Da Tou was about to walk out, Shen Mo said, "Wait!"

Da Tou asked, "What is it, Master?"

Shen Mo replied, "Just capture Szema Fei. Forget that Li Xiao Sheng. When you take Szema Fei you'll find out the location of the Dragon Sword."

Da Tou looked perplexed. He asked, "What has Szema Fei got to do with the re-forged Dragon Sword?" Shen Mo said, "Within the tattoo of our Cult's logo on Szema Fei's body lies the secret to the location of the Dragon Sword. Bring me the boy and I will know where it's hidden."

Da Tou saluted and shouted, "Yes Master!" He left the hall with his men.

5 Years Ago...

Shen Mo's top lieutenant was badly injured by several men from the orthodox Wulin community and found himself dying. He knew he had to inform Shen Mo of the location of the Dragon Sword or the secret would die with him.

He barged into a hut and poisoned the occupants with an extremely rare poison which made its victims appear to be victims of a strange disease. The couple died within minutes and he grabbed their child and tattooed the logo on the boy's shoulder.

He then left a cipher message for Shen Mo and breathed his last. The unfortunate and terrified boy was led away by a kind swordsman and no one knew what happened to the Dragon Sword until Shen Mo deciphered the message.

Following his death, Da Tou succeeded him as Shen Mo's right-hand man.

Shen Mo sat down brooding over the past events.

posted by strife_au
    Shue Yun used all his qing gong trying to keep up to the figure who was moving at a blinding pace.

They ran for a good hour until finally the hooded with a black cape suddenly stopped in a empty area within the great forest. He stood poised there with a spot of the circular moonlight shinning on him, revealing his cold black eyes.
    Shue Yun suddenly spoke softly “Shue Yun bows to Sheng Kong Da Ge… have you been well”

Shue Sheng Kong laughed and replied “I am fine; I hope yourself have not sustained too much damage.”

“I am fine too, nothing bad could happen to me brother. Anyways how long have you been following me?” smiled Shue Yun as he replied to Sheng Kong.

“For as long as you have been wasting your time socializing with those people, your heart is too soft you choose to help those hopeless orthodox people for no reason. They are not your true friends they are but the scum and hypocrites of the world. Don’t you ever forget what happened to our parents.” Spoke Sheng Kong is a stirred manner.

“Of course I will never forget… and I shall never rest until we slay the culprits with our own hands.” Replied Shue Yun who felt as if a dagger pierced through his heart as he was reminded of what happened to his parents.

combined post by strife_au
    "Wulin is a terrible mess after good old Shen Mo and his attack at the heroes' conference. That does a whole lot of good for our gates of 9 divine heavens shen jiao. This is a great time for our cult to surface in Jiang hu." said Sheng Kong.

"We must not cause to much disturbance yet, I think we should help the orthodox sects and rid of demons and dragons sect before we rise to the top of wulin." replied Shue Yun.

"I do not believe we should interfere at the moment between the matters of the orthodox sects and the other unorthodox sects. We must wait till they go all out out against one and other until both sides are severely weakened before we finish them off and reign supreme. Don't forget we are being lend a hand by the unorthodox sects in killing our enemies..." spoke Sheng Kong

posted by IcyFox
    As Shen Mo was going through the plans for world domination for the nth time, Huang Long was discussing the recent Wulin events with Zhang Wuji.

They soon came to the topic of Shen Mo. Zhang Wuji said, "That evil overlord, eh what's his name again? He's indeed the strongest opponent I've met."

Huang Long said, "Shen Mo."

combined post by IcyFox
    Zhang Wuji said, "Yup, that's it. His martial arts are incredibly powerful. I've never seen anything like that before. And yet that skill he used against me was extremely unorthodox and evil. My 9 Yang and QKDMY had no effect on him. I didn't have the chance to use Tai Chi so I don't know how well it would fare against him. Huang Long, you've been under him for some time, do you know what the skill is called?"

Huang Long shook his head, "No. I heard the skill hasn't got a name. And I think it has only one stance."

Zhang Wuji sighed, "Only one stance? I'm no match for him. When I tried to protect Sister Zhi Ruo from him he stared at me and I suddenly felt terrified by this evil fiend. My heat beat extremely quickly and I saw a thick blood-red fog swirling around my head. I saw the sky darken and I was drenched in cold sweat. I suddenly saw him turn into a huge black demon-like monster which stood so intimidating over me. I felt such fear and horror as I have never felt in my life. I just couldn't execute my 9 Yang and QKDMY properly and as you saw I was seriously injured by him."

Huang Long said sadly, "That's right. It's an extremely vicious skill. It works exactly like that - fear. He generates an aura of fear and all who steps within the boundaries of this aura will experience extremely intense and accute fear and start hallucinating. The victim will then be rendered incapable of using his martial arts, like Senior Zhou. You were very highly-skilled, so you were still able to use a small fraction of your maximum capability. For an average fighter, he will virtually be a sitting duck."

Zhang Wuji's shuddered. "Is there any way to counter it?" Huang Long answered, "I don't know. Maybe not. I only heard that this skill originated from an ancient manual written by a cruel torturer in the Qin Dynasty. Shen Mo extracted the essentials then combined it with some extremely radical internal energy manual found in the Southern Song period. He improved and refined the product and developed this cursed skill. Although his internal energy is somewhat below yours, his dreaded aura can cause sheer panic and horror in fighters who are much above him in terms of internal energy."

Zhang Wuji's face turned grim. He said gravely, "This is indeed serious. We must find a way to overcome this evil skill, and fast, or the people will suffer." Huang Long said, "But how? We are totally clueless about how he executes the skill and how to counter such a skill."

Zhang Wuji shut his eyes. He reopened them a moment later and said resolutely, "We must consult my grandmaster, Grand Sage Zhang San Feng." Huang Long's eyes widened. He asked, "The legendary creator of Tai Chi? Oh my god!" Zhang Wuji stood up quickly, "Yes. We'll go to Mt. Wudang."

Huang Long said, "But we must be careful. Shen Mo can trace us through me. I'm a dangerous man now." Zhang Wuji smiled, "That's no issue. Hurry, let's go." Huang Long asked, "Huh, now?"

Zhang Wuji said, "Yes, now."

posted by strife_au
    Shue Yun looking at his brother spoke
    "We may be of unorthodox sect ourselves but we are not like those demonic cults. I object to the killing of endless innocents and doing anything as we please without thinking about the wider picture. I do not want the gates of 9 divine heavens sect to be seen as ruthless murderous sect. Even more so I'd rather seek revenge myself than let others do it. No matter what if anyone gets in our way of avenging our parents, they will be the first to taste the endless pit of death."

"Alright we will kill those who caused our father, mother, little sister's deaths ourselves. Our divine sect will reign supreme after we eliminate and recruit all the important pugilists of Jiang Hu. But for now I have a plan for you to execute. "

looking focused Shue yun asked "What is it brother Shen kong?"

"Out of all those people I have seen at the heroes' conference there was quite a few standouts which would undoubtedly increase our sects potency. Those are Huai Suan, Li Zhi Ming, Shi Mulang, Li Kang, the Xuanming elders disciple, and Shui Xiang. Those pugilists I have mentioned would bring great benefits for our cult. I want you to bring those pugilists to our cult brother Yun." said Shue Shen Kong

"That is a very difficult task you have expected of me... to me Li Zhi Ming, Shi Mulang and Xuanming elders have hearts of pure chaos and filled completely with greed and arrogance. I do not see how they will benefit our sect..." replied SHue Yun.

"Do not worry, I will sort them straight... I see pure hunger in Li Zhi Mings eyes to once he is tamed he will be one of the greatest assets, his martial arts is beyond the limitations of countless pugilists within Jiang Hu. Shi mulang is a greedy, heartiless man, his greed will let him succumb to control while the disciple of the Xuanming elders will an easy but useful asset with his cold heart. Do not worry about anything else except for getting them to speak with me." spoke Shen Kong

combined post by strife_au
    Shue Yun looked towards the bright round moon
    "Regarding brother Huai Suan, Li Kang and Shui Xiang... Brother Huai has his own matters at hand which he needs to accomplish for he is the master of the celestial islands. I do not know about Li Kang and have no track of him whatsoever he has lost his right arm I think it would be best if we just let him go along his own hearts content. And Shui Xiang, she is also an leader of an unorthodox sect in wulin though powerful due to her links with many other demonic cults of the east, I do not see why you desire to recruit her."

"Do not worry, tell Huai Suan we it will be of our deepest interests to assist him on his quest. He knows he would not be able to complete his quest without our assistance. I see through Li Kangs eyes, he is headstrong and has a sense of arrogance about him, he is not as simple as many people see him to be, I believe if you look deep enough within him he possess' many secrets and motives. I have been observing him a for a while now no doubt he would be an worthy addition to our sect.. while Shui Xiang has the support of many other unorthodox sects who does not have any links with demons & dragons sect, which will be an definite advantage to our needs. Do not worry, I know you are able to acomplish task i set you for you have not let me down in the past little brother" said Shen Kong with a grin.

"Well I will try my best, but I certainly will not do anything that I do not see as worthy for all i am, I'm will not do anything that will disgrace our parents names"
    replied Shue Yun.

2nd combined post by strife_au
    "I understand your stubborness brother Yun and 'da ge' respects your choices in life. But all we are doing is to accomplish something legendary, something that is worthy of our forefathers. They tried to rid of our family but the heavens have not forsaken us, we are given this opportunity, we are chosen! for I have mastered our families martial arts of all 'shen xue tian yun' soon we will be the greatest divine cult in the pugilistic world!!" laughed Shue Zheng kong

"Well if brother Shen Kong does not have any other requests, I shall be gone" replied Shue Yun.

"One more thing brother Yun, I am planning on causing a fair bit of havoc between the orthodox sects of wulin to make your tasks a bit easier. Once they are all in a mess, thats our best opportunity to seek revenge, and finish off the demons & dragons sect when they attack the orthodox sects. Great pugilists of wulin have always been possessed by the existance of the heavens sword and dragon saber. Now that Shen Mo has the heavens sword no doubtedly they are to seek the dragon saber. So their sole focus is on that artifact. I can use this opportunity to acomplish many things." smiled Shue Shen Kong

3rd combined post by strife_au
    "I don't care what you try and acomplish just don't go too far, just remember that we are not like demon cults, but we are also not the pathetic hypocrites of those so called orthodox sects who say everything but do nothing. The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." said Shue Yun

"Of course, the Jiang Hu is full of it thats why evil exists so freely because the orthodox sects are too occupied with their wealth and greed, they choose to attack the weak but have their backs turned against evil." spoke Shen kong

"The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil. The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil. In this world everything changes except good deeds and bad deeds; these follow you as the shadow follows the body. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" spoke Shue Yun

"Chaos and Order are not enemies, only opposites. History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again... we must assert control and order to wulin. Just remember friends come and go, but enemies accumulate." replied Shen Kong

"The person that loses their conscience has nothing left worth keeping, and brother Shen Kong, good heart is better than all the heads in the world." with those words Shue Yun made his way back to the inn.

'hold on brother Yun... before I forget here is the amulet that mother left for you its the only precious thing that mother has left for you so don't lost it." said Shen Kong as he gave him the amulet.

Shue Shen Kong looked towards the sky stares at the infinite amount of stars in the universe thought to himself 'Without something to hate, we should lose the very spring of thought and action. To achieve great things things must perish, and with absolute authority.'
    Last edited by patricia n; 05-14-06 at 11:53 PM.

posted by druid
    After having taken care of their “business” several times, the Wang brothers finally sat down and discuss the recent events in greater details.

“ Pardon me brother, but are you 100% sure that you are fine now? If you are not, we can always continue to look for the divine doctor.” Asked Zong Yueh.

“Yes I am. Don’t worry about it. I would rather we go back to Mt. Wudang or the Hero’s conference to see if we can locate our friends.” Replied Jian Yi.

“If that is the case… I’ll will follow brother’s lead.”

“ Well then, I guess that’s settled. But for now, let us rest. Our stomachs sure have been busy!” replied Jian Yi with a grin on his face.

Seeing that grin, Zong Yueh could not help but laugh.

posted by kidd
    ----in front of an inn-----------

Li Xiao Sheng, her sifu, Duan Fei, and Szema Fei were now standing in front of Yi Jian Ke Zhan, the inn she met Li Kang, Bei Xing and the Wang brother. Li Xiao Sheng has decided to go back to Yi Jian Ke Zhan to retrieve her luggage back, which contains her medicine box, and to check whether her friends, by any chance, has went back to the inn or not, before proceeding to the Conference area.

The three went into the inn.

"Uncle Duan and Miss Li, is it alright if I go to my room now? I want to check whether Brother Shue is back in here or not." asked Szema Fei.

"I'll go with you boy. I don't want to take the risk of you being captured by those people again." said Duen Fei. "Xiao Sheng, how about you?" Duan Fei asked Xiao Sheng.

"I'll go to my room to retrieve my luggage first. Then I'll go check whether my friends have came back to the inn or not." answered Li Xiao Sheng.

"Ok. well will meet back down here later". said Duan Fei.

So, Li Xiao Sheng went up to her room to retrieve her luggage while Duan Fei and Szema Fei when to the room Szema Fei stayed with Shue Yun Zen.

After retrieving her lugguage, Li Xiao Sheng went to knocked on Li Kang's room, which was closest to her own. No one answered the door. She pushed open the door, hoping Li Kang was just resting inside. Her heart sank when she found the room empty. Closing back the door, she proceeded to Bei Xing's room. She calmed herself and knocked on Bei Xing's door. A voice from inside answered her.

"Who is it?"

Li Xiao Sheng was overjoyed. It's Bei Xing's voice.

"It's me Xiao Sheng." answer Li Xiao Sheng.

Then she heard the shuffles of feet and the door in front of her opened in an instance.

"Sister Li, I'm so relieve that your are safe. Come in, come in."

Bei Xing ushered Li Xiao Sheng into his room. After they seated themselves, Bei Xing quickly inquired Xiao Sheng of the details of her escape and whether Szema Fei was with her or not. Li Xiao Sheng recounted her advanture.

"Oh I see. It's good that you two are safe. I never knew you could be that tricky, Sister Li." said Bei Xing jokingly.

Li Xiao Sheng smiled back shyly.

"Well, in such dangerous situation, one have to use whatever method one can think of to save oneself." said Li Xiao Sheng.

"I would like to meet this sifu of yours too" commented Bei Xing.

"Well, you can come with me and meet him later" said Li Xiao Sheng.

"I would love that." said Bei Xing

Li Xiao Sheng then inquired about the Bei Xing and the other."What happen to you and the others after I was captured? Are Brother Li, Brother Jian Yi and Brother Zong Yueh safe?"

Bei Xing recounted what happened to him, Shue Yun Zen and Li Kang, how Li Kang left them secretly at night, the situation they encountered when they reachd the ruined temple LXS escaped from and how they went back to this inn.

"I really have no idea where Brother Jian Yi and Brother Zong Yueh are now. We are also looking for them" finished Bei Xing, with a cough.

"Brother Bei Xing, you look unwell. Let me check on your pulse."

(to be continued)

"Brother Bei Xing. Your internal injury is not too serious, but not light either. You must rest a lot." said Xiao Sheng. She then took out a bottle of medicine from her medicine box. "Here's a medicine that can help speed up your recovery. Take them 2 times a day, each time one pill".adviced Xiao Sheng.

Bei Xing took the medicine and thanked Li Xiao Sheng.

"I'd better go downstair to meet up with Sifu and Szema Fei again." said Li Xiao Sheng.

"I'll go with you" said Bei Xing.

Bei Xing and Xiao Sheng both went downstairs to the main hall of the inn. Duan Fei, Szema Fei and Shue Yun Zen were already sitting at a table at a corner of the hall.

"Miss Li, I'm glad that you are safe and thank you for saving brother Szema as well" greeted Shue Yun Zen.

"It's nothing. Anyone would do the same, Brother Shue." replied Xiao Sheng.

Bei Xing and Duan Fei exchanged greetings.

"It's my pleasure to finally meet the great Bei Xing da xia, who has been righting many wrongs and fighting injustice all these years". said Duan Fei while cupping his hands in greetings.

"You are too generous, Master Duan. My effort is very insignficant only." replied Bei Xing, also cupping his hands in greeting. "It's actually my pleasure to meet such a highly skilled martial artist like Master Duen." continued Bei Xing.

Everyone sat down at the table.

"It's too bad that I am not in a fit condition and the timing is not appropriate. I would really love to have a friend duel with master Duan Fei." said

"Haha, Whenever Master Bei is ready, I'll accept your invitation to the duel". replied Duen Fei with a laugh. "Let get back to the current situation. Brother Shue said he has important matters to attend to, So, he will not be able to take care of brother Szema. He wish for little brother Szema to follow us as he feels that little brother Szema will be safer with us. What do you think Xiao Sheng and Master Bei?" asked Duen Fei.

"I have no problem with it." replied Xiao Sheng.

"It's too bad that my internal injury has not recovered yet, or I can take little brother Szema under my wing. But since it's the case, I also agree that little brother Szema should follow you." said Bei Xing.

"Ok, That's settled. We will rest for a while and then proceed to the Conference area. ". said Duan Fei. "Are you ok with this arrangement, little Fei, or do you need to rest longer? You have gone through a great ordeal." Duan Fei asked Szema Fei. Without any internal energy, he knew Szema Fei would be more tired compared to him and Xiao Sheng after such an ordeal.

"I'm Ok. I want to find Miss Ching Yuen as soon as possible." ask Szema Fei with determination.

posted by IcyFox
    Zhang Wuji briefly explained the matter to Zhao Min and they left immediately with Huang Long, only bringing some money with them. They went to the village near the foot of the mountain and changed their outfit, disguising themselves as peasant farmers to avoid detection.

They then bought 3 good horses and travelled speedily via an indirect route to Mt. Wudang. They reached there a few days later and went straight to the main hall. There Zhang Wuji exchanged a few words with the interim leader and the trio soon found themselves taking a rough mountain trail on their way to find the legendary master Zhang San Feng.

As they were reaching his hut, Zhang Wuji held up a hand and Zhao Min stopped there together with Huang Long while he proceeded into the hut alone. Some time later, he waved to them and they went in together.

They stepped in to see the old sage sitting there peacefully with an air of tranquility. He nodded to Huang Long and said in a calm and soothing voice, "Tell me about Shen Mo." Huang Long was immediately put at ease by Zhang San Feng's aura of serenity. He recounted everything as he had told Zhang Wuji.

Zhang San Feng nodded his head slowly and stroke his beard. He replied, "No one is invincible; it's not impossible to defeat him. The Tao Te Ching says, 'Stiff and unbending is the principle of death; Gentle and yielding is the principle of life.' Fear is a very natural thing. The more you try to supress your fear, the more you will allow your fear to control you. Tai Chi is the balance of the Yin and Yang constantly revolving around each other. Do not try to oppose the flow of the Yin or Yang, for you are only opposing nature. You can use Tai Chi to dissipate the fear away and to remain calm when you are troubled. Remember, once he has failed to terrorize you, he shall not defeat you."

Huang Long said, "Thanks for the advice, wise sage." He bowed and left the hut with Zhang Wuji and Zhao Min.

As they were walking back, he said, "I may not be strong enough to defeat him. He has other powerful skills too." Zhang Wuji said, "Yes. And I'm getting old. I'm not as strong as I used to be. We must find someone capable and we can train him."

Huang Long's eyes brightened. He said, "Yes! We can still beat that king-demon! We can make that person strong enough to combat the forces of evil. But who?"

Zhang Wuji said, "Worry not. I'm sure we can find him. Heaven is not blind. The evil realm cannot last forever."

posted by patricia n
    the chirping of the birds faded as the sun began to set and night crept by once again blanketing the evening with darkness. outside the temple, the silhouette of a young maiden could be seen staring at the full moon. such a beautiful evening it was on this clear night where the stars sparkled magnificently in the sky. though the maiden stared at the moon, her thoughts were not of the moon or what a wonderful evening it was.

she picked up her flute and began to play a melancholic song, a song originally meant to be full of hope yet the way she played the flute was haunting and added an incredible air of sadness. the moon reflected against the youthful and vibrant eyes of hers, eyes set against an innocent and beautiful face which hid all the darkness she had suffered for the past fifteen years. throughout these fifteen years, her only solice was playing a tune which her mother sang to her at bedtime. a tune she desperately clung to so that memories of her wonder years with her family would forever remain with her. only while playing this tune was she able to escape the painful reality that she faced daily.

however, that evening, no matter how many times she replayed the tune, her thoughts could not avoid vengence. placing down the flute, the girl sighed, "father, mother...yueyou is useless." she had spent the last five years disguised as a historian to investigate her family murderers yet she learned nothing. "i cannot avenge the family's death." she recalled her mother's final wish and the security she once had as a child, before that fateful night. and once again, anger consumed her as she bitterly felt the loss of her loving family. she fell down on her knees and cried silently to herself as she did many, many times before, "why? why must i be spared?" she knew that she could not defeat her family enemy if she ever encountered them for she was only one person against how many...even she could not imagine for they were strong enough and large enough to kill her household of seventy seven in the blink of an eye.

while many young maidens her age were surrounded by family and loved ones or experiencing the wonderful joy of love and romance, yueyou was struggling to seek vengeance even though she knew the end result would be death for herself. but she could not bare to let her family die restless and the only way to let them be at peace was to find the murderers..regardless of the end result for her.

inside the temple, shui dou yi collected his thoughts. he had realized that despite the little female devil's viscious threats, she had never harmed him but it was most likely because he had yet to attempt escape. he did not wish to lose his tendons but a part of him wondered if she would dare to cut them. perhaps it was not too bad staying in her capture for he had been enjoying the most delicious meals he ever had and had a haven to hide from his family enemy. his only regret was that he could not help the victims at the heroes conference. if only he did not follow lam changcong.

after spending more time with yueyou, shui dou yi became more confused. at first, he thought that perhaps lam changcong was yueyou in disguise because they both had the same eyes and hands but their personalities were so different. changcong was a man of few words while yueyou was more talkative and cheerful. could they be two different people or did yueyou purposefully keep silent while disguised as changcong? while lost in his thoughts, he heard the melancholic tune and felt the sadness radiating from the tune, a sadness so prevalent that even the listeners of the tune were affected. why would such a young maiden be so fixated on this haunting piece? and what was her relationship to crazy old man yeung? he spent many hours trying to determining who yueyou wanted him to save but he could not think of anyone except for crazy old man yeung.

finally, yueyou stepped into the temple and looked at him. looking away, she paced back and forth in deep thought until shui dou yi asked, "little female devil, what do you want now?" seeing her pace back and forth so many times and for so long bothered him greatly.

"hmm...this may just work." staring at him, she approached him and asked, "shui dou yi, you're my guest right?"

outraged by such an obviously false statement, shui dou yi looked in another direction.

yueyou smiled for she knew she had provoked him. after much thought, she knew that shui dou yi was getting restless and if she did not provide him with an outlet, he would most likely try harder to run away regardless of her threats. continuing cheekily, "hey, shui dou yi, can you guess what i have in mind for you?" not waiting to hear his answer, she smiled, "i heard that there are several villages in need of medical assistance along our journey to look for my friend. how would you feel about helping these villagers?"

looking at her suspiciously, he wondered, "i doubt a little female devil like you would be so kind-hearted."

"you're right. hmm...originally zong yueh gave us enough money to last a month but i spent it all." she grabbed her bag and pulled out more chains, "on these. they are just as sturdy as the chains around your ankles."

"what is that for?"

"you don't think that i'm simple minded enough to believe that rope can tie you down?" she immobilized him and replaced his rope with the new chains around his wrists. "i really admire your intelligence shui dou yi so i'll be honest with you. i plan to use your medical expertise to make money."

"what makes you think i will listen to you?"

"shui dou yi, you must remember that i saved you from the huang family."

seeing the mischief in her eyes, shui dou yi already knew that if he did not comply then she would turn him in to his enemy. he argued, "and if you make it known to those villages that i'm shui dou yi then the huang family will find me. either way, i will die under the huang family's hand."

"not quite. i need you alive to save my friend so i promise that the huang family will not find your whereabouts." she forced another pill down his throat. getting back to her sleep space, she called out, "good night."

posted by xsniper
    Xie Junh Lang sat in an emtpy hall, carefully studying the manuscripts that Shen Mo had given him for his efforts. One of the manuscripts showed how to overcome all yin energy with yang thus increasing the yang energy to unimagineable level. The other manuscript had contained a modified version of Dali's yiyangzhi. The attack required the use of more qi, but the power is tremendously stronger than the normal yiyangzhi.

combined post by flying_phoenix
    Juai Sangzheng and reverand Kong Shian along with many wounded disciples boarded at a big inn where many of the wounded pugilists from heroes' conference were also staying.

Juai Sangzheng immediately went on the lookout for Shaolin Abbot Lianshang, seeing if he had safely made his way from the heroes conference.

The last time Juai Sangzheng saw the abbot, he hhad been fighting off countless adversaries. He mumbled to himself 'merciful buddha, I hope nothing bad has happened to Abbot Liangshang'

At that moment a badly wounded wudang disciple quickly made his way to reverand Kong Shian seeing though he had terrible news to break out.

Tears began pouring out of the disciples eyes as he mumbily spoke "Re-reverend Shian....... Abbot Liangshang and priest have been killed!!!!"

Juai Sangzheng le out a big shout "No-no-no thats just not possible!! how could Abbot Liangshang have been killed? no way, just now way!!"

"How did this information suface about" spoke Kong Shian trying to remain calm.

"Our brothers saw it with our own eyes, the person that looked like half man/ half woman killed both of them!!" cried the wudang disciple.

posted by flying_phoenix
    "HOW COULD SOMEONE BE SO BRUTAL!! Abbot Liangshang was like a real father to me, there is no one that could ever replace in terms of the wisdom and comfort he gave me... " screamed Juai Sangzheng as he could not hold back the tears anymore.

"We must seek revenge and kill those evil bastards!! we cannot just let our masters die in vain to such brutality. They can never get away with this!!" replied the wudang disciple.

Reverand Kong Shian tried his best to comfort and sooth Juai sangzheng's pain "Merciful buddha.. disciple Juai, remember anger and sorrow solves nothing, it dire moments like this it is best if we calm ourselves down and try to work things out in a wise manner instead of letting our rage overcome our peace of mind."