Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Wuxia RPG2 story unabridged...

posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    The city was as busy and crowded as usual. People were bustling around while the hawkers performed their various antics to attract customers. Many swordsmen would have passed by without giving it a second look. However, to Zhuang Kuen and Liu Xuan, this was a fairyland. They had never experienced all this sight and sounds in their lives as they had never stepped out of their island before. Despite being in their twenties, both behaved like a child the moment they stepped out into the street, exclaiming and pointing in every direction.

“Stop `wow`ing and pointing. You guys have been doing it around fifty times already.” Bei Xing laughed amusedly.

Both Zhuang Kuen and Liu Xuan blushed in embarrassment. “Sorry,” Zhuang Kuen apologized, “Lost control of myself… Was I behaving very childishly earlier?”

“No,” Bei Xing lied, trying to divert their gaze away from the passers-by, who were looking at them as though they were aliens. “Enjoy while you can here, it’s time for both of you to have some fun after being cooped in an island for so long.”

This was the reason why we were so eager to leave the island, Liu Xuan thought, looking at Zhuang Kuen, our lives would be so meaningless if we did not see what does the world really look like…

These two must be a couple… Everytime they look at each other and smile, there is romance in their eyes, thought Bei Xing, but he pretended he saw nothing and did not ask anything about it, after all, this is their private matters, why should you interfere, he told himself…

Lost in thoughts, the trio became extremely quiet and walked silently towards their destination.

“Idiot! Stay where you are! Stop being such a coward and face us like a man!”

“How ridiculous! If I were to stay there, I would have been made mincemeat by now, sometimes it takes for wits to be a man too, not just bravery!”

Someone brushed past Liu Xuan, followed by eight tough-looking men wielding sabers. Just when the coward appeared to be running away, one of the burly men did a somersault in air and landed right in front of the guy who tried to escape. The guy shrieked in fright and ran back towards the trio.

This person is none other than Ling Feng.

His gambling addiction was acting up again, and it would mean another few days without sleep if he did not gamble. But when he did, luck is truly not on his side. He lost all the money he had earned for the past few days. Even worse, he borrowed money from the butchers, and had lost them too, and now he had no choice but to escape from the butchers. But he did not know that these butchers know kung fu, now the possibility of him surviving is almost non-existent. It was until he saw the sword on Zhuang Kuen’s back that he knew there is a chance of him living after all…

“Master Swordsman, these butchers are trying to kill me, being a swordsman it is your responsibility to protect the weak, am I right?”

“Are you a man at all, now that you are in trouble you actually pleaded other people to save you? Be a man and take us on!” The butcher shouted. “You owed us so much money now we do not have a place to live, shouldn’t you do something about it?”

Sensing that matters are getting out of hand, Bei Xing cleared his voice, “Benevolent misters, instead of resorting to violence, why don’t make peace with each other? As for now, we will pay you the money the man has owed you, as for you,” he said, facing Ling Feng gravely. “You will have to earn hard and pay us how much you owe, or else we will spare no mercy on you too!”

These words reverberated in the air, which proves how mush internal energy he has, with that, he gave the butchers all his money and wrote an IOU. The butchers left quickly, as they were now afraid of Bei Xing. Liu Xuan, who despised Ling Feng’s cowardice, barked, “What are you waiting for? New Year? Quickly write an IOU and scram!”

Ling Feng laughed, “An IOU is unnecessary, young lady. You have given me a favour and now I will repay you. This master (referring to BeiXing) is injured, surely if I heal him we do not owe each other anymore, is that right?” When he finished speaking, everybody looked at Bei Xing. Even Bei Xing, looked confused, for he had rested at the inn for a long time until he is certain he has fully recovered, how could he be injured? “I am injured? Please enlighten me.”

Liu Xuan laughed, “I am afraid this is a ploy to trick us of our money. He would pretend to heal you of your non-existent illness and thus, he do not owe us anymore. My, isn’t this boy scheming!”

“Well, as you wish, master pugilist, would you mind trying to channel your qi through the shuixue acupoint?” Ling Feng asked politely.

Bei Xing did as he was told, at the beginning, nothing unusual happened. Liu Xuan mocked, “What a liar, there’s nothing wrong with elder Bei…” At that precise moment, Bei Xing screamed. His body was shaking madly while his face was turning blue. Ling Feng stepped in calmly, and inserted a needle into Bei Xing’s forehead without looking. Bei Xing collapsed onto the floor weakly.

Nobody had doubts about Ling Feng’s medical prowess this time. Liu Xuan was speechless, Zhuang Kuen asked Ling Feng about what happened. Ling Feng said, “This pugilist must be suffering from severe internal injuries, someone used an unorthodox skill to heal him, but instead of healing him, this energy fought with this pugilist’s energy dissipating skill as they are of different nature, hurting his shuixue acupoint. If this master pugilist is fighting an enemy, he would die if he accidentally channel his internal energy pass that point. These are the herbs that can cure him, let him take it every hourly, and he will be cured by tomorrow.” With that, he handed some herbs over to Zhuen Kuen and left for the nearest inn.

“Sister Liu, let’s carry elder Bei back to the inn to rest.” Liu Xuan nodded. BeiXing said nothing but he was both impressed and frightened by the physician’s medical prowess. How on earth did he know that I am practicing the Energy Dissipating skill and Shue Yun’s transfer of energy into my body when I was severely injured? And I could feel a mild presence of qi circulating his body. It seemed almost undetectable yet abundant, it looks like he is masking his qi, there is more to the guy that meets the eye.

posted by xsniper
    Xie Junh Lang walked to the nearby forest, he began intensely training his newly acquired version yiyangzhi which he calls xian mou tian zhi. He was able to master the essence of the technique in a very limited amount of time.

He added incredible depth of his corrupt and dark energy to it, which made the attack extremely volatile and deadly. He was able to produce multiple beams at blinding speeds.
    Xie Junh Lang had always focused on his attacks and inner energy to worry about his qing gong. He was able to strike down opponents with effortless ease before they could try and out maneuver him.

He was a merciless pugilist, although he had not always been a ruthless barbarian. Some nights he could not sleep at the thought of his painful past, no one would ever suspect a man like Xie Junh Lang would have such a deep sorrowful history. He had once been a kind hearted cheerful person, but the Xie Junh Lang of today has no feelings but to succeed in obtaining the centrals plains greatest martial arts and send them back to Japan, so that one day Japan may take over the world with their elite pugilists.

He quickly had his servants make multiple copies of the modified yiyangzhi and prepared the art for shipment back to Japan.
    He drew out of legendary black dragon sword (Hei Long Jian) and took a few swings at the plains around him, the force generated from the combined rich dark energy was radiating violently from the sword, as the force wind projected sliced the nearby objects.

He diligently practiced his 76 apocalyptic arts of dong fang to such ruthless level that his focus was directly projected at visualizing obliterating the various death acupoints on the opponent. He also merged his crimson palms and hurricane palms together to generate an amazing force that he had never felt before. Thus he recognized that the countless battles at the heroes’ conference had boosted his martial arts immensely.

Long he had dreamed of being dong fang bubai, yon yuan bubai… the best in japan, best in china, best in Asia. His plans are slowly pieced together thread by thread.

He had heard Da Tou and Yuen Jie had been sent on a mission, so he decided to fllow them seeing what work they were up to.

posted by strife_au
    A all conquering voice was projected from Shue Yun’s words as if all the demons and spirits between the heavens and earth had awaken within him. The sound was so icy cold, so invigorated with divine essences leaving the enemy lost for words.

He then opened his mouth and asked gladly “So… which one of us dares to make the first move?”

The tension in the air was intense as the clan of gallantry stared at each other, each speechless with gingers firmly gripping to their weapons yet no one daring to move.

Shue Yun laughed amusingly at the bandits who were scared out of their wits, fearing for their very soul… hoping that Shue Yun had been joking with his words for the last time the 9 divine heavens cult met clan of gallantry, he had been a very courteous man to them.

Now the circumstances have changed, no longer was he the friendly passive Shue Yun, now stood before the bandits was a person that was going to kill them.

They knew they were defenseless for the leader of their clan Yu Kai once had a friendly spar with Shue Yun, and was defeated within 3 strokes with the supreme ease.

The 9 divine heavens cult was seen upon by many unorthodox sects who knew of them as an divine sect of unequaled power that matched demons & dragons sect in terms of talented pugilist. Although they could not match demons & dragons sect for the sheer number of talented pugilists. Shue Yun and Shen Kongs nine gates of heaven formation was said to be tian xia di yi.

The unorthodox sects did not really know the identity of the leaders of the nine divine heavens sect, as they had always wore a mask and referred to them as ‘Heavens Cloud” “Heavens Dragon”. Furthermore not many had direct contacts with them for it has always been the ‘divine wheel monk’ that had been stirring things for nine divine heavens sect.

Wenxian Dong and others bowed down and pleaded “Please divine master of the heavens, have mercy on us mere mortals, we are nothing but useless herd of sheep we will do anything you want just spare us! Please!!”

Shue Yun sighed to himself and replied “For you cannot repent your evil deeds by merely doing anything for me, it is those innocent lives that you fail to spare that you should repent to. Did you people ever thought about the word ‘mercy’ when you mindlessly slaughtered those defenseless children did you ever think about a conscience when you raped and killed those women? It is only when this blade is stained with your bloodshed that the innocent lives of those people are avenged. Prepare to sacrifice yourselves!”

As Shue Yun spoke those words his sword had already been unsheathed his Tian Zi Sheng Jian. The bandits saw that there was no way that Shue Yun was going to let them off, drew their weapons for they thought there might just be a chance that they could overwhelm him by sheer number.

posted by skyron
    Ching Yuan and her father made their way back to his manor.
    She had been a deep haze as to the events that had occured. She could only remember that she was with szema fei before she had been knocked out unconscious.
    Her thoughts on that charming, handsome looking boy Zhao Huyan was hazy as well. There was just too much for her mind to think. Her mind trickled back to where brother shue yun was...
    She called one of her maids and asked her to look for any information where szema fei and shue yun was.
    The maid told her that a man matching shue yun's description had been boarding in a nearby inn, so she decided she would go look and see if he was alright.
    She made her way to the inn, where ban meihua and shui qing was also.

posted by yang_kang
    Bei Xing was extremely surprised at Ling Fengs medical prowess for that he could immediately tell his symptoms.
    Bei Xing was saddened with himself, for so many years he had wandered jiang hu punishing wrongdo'ers, but now he felt as though he was a crippled no body.

posted by strife_au
    Shue Yun immediately charged towards the bandits at blinding speed causing the ground where he passed to tremble. As he unleashed his xue long sha mou jian fa as he began engaging in a sword fight with the bandits. The ferocity generated by Shue Yun’s sword was amazing, yet it was completely balanced with both yin and yang energies as the swords clashed.

Immediately upon contact the blades of the bandits that clashed with Shue Yuns sword flew apart in many pieces by the sheer sword qi imparted on them.
    Shue Yuns moves alternated between being open and guarded, with all of them coming together in a precisely woven and very complex set of techniques.

It was immediately apparent to Wenxian Dong that Shue Yun was merely toying with them as he displayed his divergent methods of internal strength execution in breaking their weapons. His techniques were so fast that Wenxian Dong thought ‘surely a mere mortal cannot hope to see any weakness to such strokes, the formless sword qi along is enough to decimate us, there is no way we could defeat him’

At that moment the leader of the clan of gallantry Yu Kai along with many more mercenary arrived at the scene.
    “The divine heavens cloud what has my brothers done to agitate you in such ways that you wish to end their lives” spoke Yu Kai calmly.

Shue Yun gazed into the eyes of Yu Kai imparting a vision of superiority smiled
    And spoke “Great leader of the clan of gallantry, order of the virtuous for question you have just asked you already know the answer to.”

“I do not understand what you are trying to imply Heavenly Cloud” jerked Yu Kai seeing that Shue Yun had absolute no respect in his words for him whatsoever.

“Oh is that so elder Yu? So you’ve been oblivious to the activities of your clan for sometime now huh? So elder Wenxian Dong has taken over your reigns, for he controls all of the order at the clan of gallantry? Perhaps that’s not so surprising given your age, that your limbs are not so loose as they used to be, and you recognize that Wenxian Dong’s is perhaps more clear with his mind than yours. So rested yourself from the hardships of leading the clan, just to enjoy the rest of your days?” spoke Shue Yun in a very sincere and humble manner.

Yu Kai was now infuriated, for the words of Shue Yun had been like a needle piercing his heart, suggesting that he had grown too old for the leadership of the clan when he is only fifty seven years of age.
    “I not understand how my brothers have insulted you in any way, but please accept my deepest apologizes upon their behalf” said Yu Kai trying to control himself.

“Oh elder Yu you don’t really understand do you? Let me explain in a more simplified form. Sure I can forgive your whole clan of its misdeeds as if nothing has occurred. But what about those innocent people’s lives that you people have taken, do you think they would want to forgive you? How about we ask those enslaved girls on their perspective and whether I should avenge their loved ones? Smiled Shue Yun care freely.

One of the captured girls immediately screamed with tears “Kill those filthy animals!! Kill them!!
    Wenxian Dong wanted to order the immediate execution of the girl that just spoke but was too afraid to do so.

“Ahh I guess the words are spoken and it would be greatly unjust if I do not help jiang hu eradicate of such despicable evil today.” Spoke Shue Yun as he once again dashed towards them with his sword poised at Yu Kai’s throat.

Shue Yun wanted to test the extent of the internal strength that he had diligently practiced and cultivated over the years so he withdrew his sword about 3 millimeters before reaching contact with Yu Kai’s throat. He immediately twisted his body around in at vicious speed and unleashed his xue long jian fa upon the bewildered bandits surrounding their leader Yu Kai. Within a split second the devastating sword qi generated by Shue Yuns sword had decapitated the men’s heads as they tumbled to the bloody ground.

“What an absolute waste” sighed Shue Yun looking at the headless corpses as he sheathed his sword.
    Speechless at such a wicked attack on their brothers the others yelled and all charged towards Shue Yun at once.
    Yu Kai and Wenxian Dong nodded towards each other as they sprung into their “Tian Jing Shi Por” formation as they aimed towards Shue Yun with their combined harmonious neigong.

Shue Yun closed his eyes and focused in hearing and feeling the precise positions of his enemies. He was able to pick up their every movement effortlessly; he widened his eyes and began defending the simultaneous attacks, stroke after stroke from the men.
    After countless strokes which Shue Yun was easily able to pick up the flaws, he switched to offensive stances with seemingly basic hand strokes.

But in fact his hand moves though basic were completely unpredictable. Every time when he struck out, while the hand was still on the way to the target, it had already switched into several positions. The attacks were simply amazing as each stroke was filled with complete emptiness so upon contact neither party experienced a force exerted.
    He had refined his kong xing zhang to such heights that his stroke required basically no neigong to execute but yet it was able to reduced opponents attacks to virtually nothing.
    Shue Yun began merely using his liangke dianxue in sealing their acupoints with ease.

Seeing their men splattered around like flies Yu Kai and Wenxian Dong attacked Shue Yun in a simultaneous and in-sync style that each movement of the two was completely linear with each other with little or no faults.
    The two summoned all their nei li into the attack hoping to somehow overwhelm Shue Yun.

In response to their attacks Shue Yun used his zhui tian shen bu to evade their combined attacks, so that they could not even get near him. He proceeded to project long distance palm wind attacks at the two leaving them powerless to do anything.
    “Do you two really think you would be able to strike me down with such martial arts levels as yourselves? I’m sorry to tell you that your years in cultivating nei gong have been in vain.” Laughed Shue Yun at their futile efforts.

“If you think you are so great why don’t you clash with us head on instead of running like a baby” provoked Yu Kai.
    Shue Yun smiled and spoke “Your wish will be my command, elder Yu” as he leapt towards the two unleashing his Shui ying sheng zhang towards them.
    Both Yu Kai and Wenxian Dong generated all of their neigong to their palms hoping to subdue Shue Yun in this final clash. The others stood back from afar not daring to make the slightest of movements.

As the three clashed together a loud exertion of qi could be felt radiating from the collide of the palms. A shroud of dust particles vaporized around them, as the dust clouds cleared they bandits could only see Shue Yun standing there smiling with his arms crossed.
    Both Yu Kai and Wenxian done had been knocked aback many feet. Both of them suffered great internal injuries as they each vomited out blood.

“Please forgive my abruptness elder Yu and elder Wenxian.” Spoke Shue yun as if he was sincerely sorry.

posted Phoenix_Aquaris
    The sun had fallen, and the inn is always noisy during this time. Many swordsmen would joke and laugh and drink till the wee hours in the morning. The inn is therefore a good place to bond with friends. It is truly the source of joy and laughter.

“Waiter, six jars of wine please!”

“Elder Bei, you have to worry about your health, when you recover, we can go drinking anytime.”

Bei Xing sighed, he had longed to drink and merry with his friends just like any other swordsmen want to do. A pity he was injured. Zhuang Kuen, sensing his sorrow, said, “Elder, I will drink with you the moment you recover. Cheer up, I promise.”

Bei Xing did cheer up a little, although he didn’t manage to drink with his friends, but still, he had the satisfaction of knowing that other people do care for him after all. They continued to joke and laugh, until…

“Kunlun sect used to be a sect that many people want to be in. But now… it is just best to avoid it. It is dangerous…”

The whole inn fell silent. Nobody actually talked bad about any powerful sect in an inn, for there is always the possibility of being overheard. Pugilists might come for your life if they heard people talking bad about their sect. Why was somebody talking about Kunlun sect here? Doesn’t this guy wants to live?

“What is so scary about Kunlun sect? They have always been righteous people and always protect the weak. Only the evil fear them.” Zhuang Kuen broke the silence.

At another table, someone laughed hysterically, “Righteous sect? Protect the weak? Kunlun sect? All of you have maggots in your brains… Righteous, honestly… Haha…” This person was Ling Feng, everybody could see that he was drunk and paid no attention to him.

“Nothing is scary about Kunlun sect, it doesn’t mean being a Kunlun disciple is safe.”

“Why, aren’t they one of the strongest sect in Wulin? They shouldn’t have any danger, should they?”

“That’s where you are wrong, my friend. You haven’t heard about the deaths of six Kunlun disciples in Shandong, did you?” When nobody answered, the man continued, “They died rather tragically. Their foreheads and chests were slit open, around thirty dead sparrows were found dead on the floor, and needles protruding from their chests, the blood on the floor next to them read: Ling Yun Jian Xing was here. It was a gruesome sight to behold, friend!”

There was a complete silence at this point of time. Everybody was still registering what the guy had said, except for a drunk Ling Feng who kept muttering incoherently, sounding like “Kunlun… scums… evil… junior sister…”

“But why?” Liu Xuan could no longer contain her curiosity, “Why does this Ling-whatever guy wants to kill those Kunlun disciples? What had they offended them?”

This time, it was an old man from a remote corner who spoke, “This remains a mystery that could not be solved. Neither of you had seen how Ling Yun Jian Xing kill those people, if you had seen, you would not be able to sleep for many nights, just like me…” The old man stared dreamily into space; the entire inn was in absolute silence, not even a single breathing sound could be heard. Everybody waited impatiently for the old man to continue his story.

“It was late midnight at Sichuan, I was closing my shop after a long day of work. Suddenly, there was a gust of strong wind and I saw a long trail of a least sixty mice on the floor. Needles protruded from their bellies, staining the floor scarlet. I was sure they weren’t there before the wind blew. The night became unusually misty, as I followed the trail of dead rats, I saw Kunlun disciples shouting towards something on top of a house. I originally thought these people are nuts as of all things to shout why must they shout at something immobile. Upon closer look, I realized that was a human hovering in mid-air. He looked so still I thought he was a zombie. Suddenly, there was a blinding flash of silver light; one of the disciples became a headless corpse!”

“I was petrified; I couldn’t even move a muscle. I could only watched silver dazzling lights flashing everywhere and suddenly all became headless corpses! I could watch no longer, and attempted to flee. At this moment, that zombie noticed me. He glided towards me without moving a muscle. Yes, he glide! I thought pugilists always do somersaults or running on air but he just floated towards me like a kite, looking so stationary and he remained the same posture as I met him the first time! It was horrifying!”

The old man drank his wine, evidently trying fruitlessly to calm himself. Another swordsman asked, “Elder, then… What happened?” The old man sighed. “The zombie talked to me in a voice that belonged to that of a young man who had yet to reach his twenties. I thought he would speak like a zombie since he looked like one, although I never saw one anyway. He told me to deliver all those heads to Kunlun sect, or else he would kill me. I obeyed of course…”

“At Mt. Kunlun, a disciple approached me and asked my purpose for being there. When I told him I want to deliver something, he opened the large box I was bringing along and suddenly that zombie popped out! I was certain the box only contained those heads, how on earth did he manage to sneak into the box? More silver lights danced about, and all the disciples who welcomed me became headless! That zombie flung his arm and tens of heads flew into the hall of Kunlun. Then, he pulled me along and start floating away. It was scary to be held tightly by an immobile zombie on air… On reaching land, somewhere far away… he gave me ten gold ingots and told me to spend them wisely. A gust of wind blew and he disappeared! Evil… Evil…”

The inn became empty afterwards. People left for their rooms, Bei Xing among them. “Could it be possible that there is such a weird swordsman, from the way the old man kept describing him earlier, he seemed so inhuman. I should see for myself how strong this guy actually is one day…”

Back at his room, Bei Xing was exerting his energy on his shuixue acupoint, his energy-dissipating skill healed his own acupoint faster than the medicine Ling Feng gave earlier. Looks like I’m going to recover in less than an hour’s time, he smiled to himself.

Outside his window, something floated past at extraordinary speed. But Bei Xing had already seen what it was… A masked man in black top to toe, gliding with his body parallel to the ground. His unsheathed sword, glittering under the moonlight.

posted by strife_au
    “Quit talking your bull sh*t and kill us, we don’t need your worthless pity” sneered Yu Kai.

“Oh it is truly a pity that my words are so meaningless and worthless. I guess both of you want to be put out of your miseries as soon as possible right? No problems” smirked Shue Yun as he put his hands on the two’s throats and began draining all the neigong and life force that was left in them. They screamed in excruciating pain as they felt their bodies were getting weaker and weaker, soon their screams became fainter and fainter.

Shue Yun stopped his xue xing shen fa before he had drained every last bit of life the two they had left. He then released the duo’s acupoints and handed them two swords.
    Shue Yun offered the two a free strike on him and promised that he would not defend himself from their strike. “Come on now elder Yu and elder Wenxian, you can avenge yourselves right now by striking me down, go on pick up the swords and end my life now!” laughed Shue Yun.

Both Yu Kai and Wenxian Dong looked at the swords on the ground besides them. They lunged themselves forward with every last bit of energy they had left to try and pick up the swords. But it was in vain, if as though the swords gained another thousand pounds. They could barely move let alone pick up the broad swords.

Yu Kai whispered with all his strength “you know we cannot kill you why do you make us suffer so brutally and don’t end our lives more swiftly”

Shue Yun replied with a serious voice “The pain you are enduring now is nowhere near as painful as the countless innocent lives you have taken, and the countless families you have slaughtered. The heavens are not blind, now you are paying for your sins with your lives.”

Shue Yun walked over to one of the kidnapped girls who had been tied up and bashed up. She looked as if she was 12-13 years old.
    He untied her and handed over to her a small dagger.
    “Little girl, do you believe that these horrible men deserve the fate that they are faced with now?”
    The little girl with tears pouring from her eyes replied “Yes, yes they deserve every bit of it.”
    Shue Yun smiled at her “Do you wish to avenge of those of your family and friends that had been killed by these treacherous fiends?”
    Yet again she replied with a “Yes”

“Then the heavens have truly smiled upon you, for today you shall have the chance to do so… do not be afraid of killing them. It is them that have taken everything away from your life; it is them who have destroyed the happiness in you.”
    The little girl nodded her heard, her eyes now were filled with anger and rage as Shue Yun accompanied her towards Yu Kai and Wenxian Dong face to face.

Shue Yun looked at the two elders with pity “Tell me have you ever expected such a day where your very lives would end up so cruel? Are you not ashamed that your very lives will be taken away from you by this innocent little girl?”

He then turned towards the little girl and spoke softly “It is your chance now to taken vengeance and avenge for all the lost lives. Their souls are in your hands, they have not forsaken you, do what you must”

Then the other girls shouted “Do it Lingling kill the bastards!! Kill the bastards!!”
    In a rush of adrenaline the girl stabbed her dagger into eyes of Wenxian Dong and proceeded to mutilate his face. She had never seen so much blood since the day her village was attacked, or when her mother had killed their ducklings for food.

Wenxian Dong desperately wanted to scream in agony but he had absolutely no strength left to resist as his very life was passing into the netherworld. The girl then pulled out the dagger and stabbed straight though his heart as the blood flowed like a river. Wenxian Dong had died.

Seeing the brutality of the girl Yu Kai pleaded with his last strength “Please no, please no!! just stab me through the heart and kill me!!”

The girl then took multiple stabs at Yu Kai’s body causing him to bleed everywhere, as the blood poured of his body, he also passed into the netherworld.

posted by kidd
    ---on the road---

"There are the herbs again" said Duan Fei, pointing to a path further ahead where there were a few herbs lying around.

Not long ago, The group has reached the village where Dr.Shui and his kidnapper just passed . They got to know about the traveling female physician and her leprosy ridden father. From the description given by the villagers, about their physical appearance, the great healing skill of the girl, the hidden face of the 'father' and how the girl conduct her diagnosis, Duan Fei and Li Xiao Sheng can guess that those 2 must be Dr.Shui and his kidnapper. What they were puzzled was why Dr.Shui's kidnapper has now became a young girl instead of a 40 year old man. Li Xiao Sheng made the conclusion that this girl must have taken over the guarding of Dr.Shui from Lam Changcong. Now, they were following the trial of herbs again.

Li Xiao Sheng and Duan Fei both ran to where the herbs were, but Szema Fei stood unmoving on his spot. Duan Fei, noticing this, turned back and asked.

"What happen, Little Fei?"

"When are we going to look for Miss Ching Yun?" asked Szema Fei.

"I've already said that we are going to look for you friend after we rescue Dr.Shui." replied Duan Fei calmly.

"What if you can't find Dr.Shui even after a month or a year? You are going to keep on looking for him and neglecting Miss Ching?" asked Szema Fei with barely suppressed anger.

"We won't take that long to find Dr.Shui and we can't lost this trail now. This trail might damaged by rain or swept away by wind if left longer, and we won't be able to find Dr.Shui anymore." explained Duan Fei.

Szema Fei couldn't suppressed his anger anymore. He has been worried about Ching Yun throughout the journey to seach for Dr.Shui and he couldn't stand it anymore.

"You people are so selfish! You only care about your own friend and doesn't care whether Miss Ching live or die! 3 days have already passed since the day of the massacre and we are going farther and farther away from Mei Hua town. By the time you decide to look for Miss Ching, it might already be too late. If u don't want to look for Miss Ching Yun, I'll look for her myself!!" shouted Szema Fei, and he turned around and ran back to the direction they just came from.

But not knowing any lightness skill, he was easily caught by Duan Fei. Kneeling down to Szema Fei's eye level and holding both arms of Szema Fei tightly, Duan Fei said as calmly but sternly.

"I promise you I will look for Miss Ching and I will."

"When?!!" shouted Duan Fei.

"Sifu, Brother Fei is right. We shouldn't neglect Miss Ching Yun" interupted Li Xiao Sheng.

After listening to the angry reprimandation of Szema Fei, Li Xiao Sheng couldn't help but felt guilty. She has been so concern about Dr.Shui that she has neglect Ching Yun which she has know briefly at the Heroes Conference.

"Maybe we should split up. I continue following the trail while you and brother Szema look for Miss Ching" suggested Li Xiao Sheng,

"How could I leave you alone to find Dr.Shui? Remember. Both you and Little Fei are also the target of the Demon & Dragon Sect, and you just get caught not long ago". said Duan Fei.

"We were all caught unaware that last time. The same trick won't work on me anymore. I will know how to handle the net. I will be more careful, Sifu. I can take care of myself. Please go and search for Miss Ching." persuaded Li Xiao Sheng.

"But.." protested Duan Fei

"Please, Sifu." pleaded Xiao Sheng

"Ok, if you both insist." said Duan Fei, giving in. He turned to Szema Fei and asked with a hint of annoyance in his voice."So, what do your propose we do to look for Miss Ching?"

Duan Fei has never met Ching Yun. To him, Ching Yun was just a faceless stranger.But Dr.Shui was an old friend of his. So, it's understandable that he's more concerned for the safety of Dr,Shui and was annoyed at having to look for Ching Yun first. But he has grown fond of Szema Fei these past few days, and he couldn't let him run off alone unprotected. So, he has not choice but to agree with the young boy's and Li Xiao Sheng's request.

"Ehh.." pondered Szema Fei. At such a short time, he couldn't think of a good plan.

"Do you know where Miss Ching Yun lives, Brother Szema?". asked Li Xiao Sheng.

"Yes! I've been to her home before. Let's go there." said Szema Fei to Duan Fei, eyes fully of hope.

"Sifu, lets go to Miss Ching Yun's house first. Maybe she has gone safely back home" suggested Li Xiao Sheng.

"Ok, we go there first." agreed Duan Fei and he got up from his kneeling position.

"We will split here and meet up at 'Yi Jian Ke Zhan' later, I'll wait for you there. If anything important comes up, send a corrier to "Yi Jian Ke Zhan." said Duan Fei.

"One more thing." continued Duan Fei. "Don't let your compassion hinders you, Xiao Sheng. I know you feel bad about the few killings you have done on the day of the massacre . But in Jiang Hu, sometimes, it's unavoidable to spill blood. If you are in danger, kill if you have to. ok? Promise me." adviced Duan Fei sternly.

"I promise." assured Li Xiao Sheng.

"Here's the manual for the Ice Frost Palm I invented." said Daun Fei, taking out a manual from his pocket and handing it to Li Xiao Sheng. "It contains all the steps for learning the Ice Frost Palm except the central theory (xin fa) behind it. This I will give you verbally. Listen carefully" said Duan Fei and he recited the theory to Li Xiao Sheng. "Level 1 and 2 is easy to learn. With your intelligence and level of internal energy, I'm sure you can master it fairly quickly. This martial art will give you one more option when handling potential attacks. Hope it helps."

"Thank you, Sifu". said Xiao Sheng.

"Bye, Miss Li." said Szema Fei

"Take care" said Duan Fei.

"Bye" said Xiao Sheng.

With that, the 3 parted company. Duan Fei and Szema Fei could back to Mei Hua Town while Li Xiao Sheng continue to search for Dr.Shui.

posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    A few days had passed since Li met Ling Feng.

"It's kinda nice to see a new face once in awhile...It's just me and master here," thought Li.

By now Li had regained most of his mobility in his left arm and was able to practice martial arts more freely now. His master had told him that today, he would begin training the true Demon's Waltz.

"How will this be any different from my Demon's Waltz.....it's already powerful as it is..I can't possibly imagine it being more powerful," thought Li.

"Where has your mind wandered off to?!?" scolded Li's master.

"I'm sorry master, I did not mean to be disrespectful," quickly replied Li.

"The Demon's Waltz that you possess already puts you above countless individuals, but after you learn mine, that number will increase exponentially. However, you will still have the same set back as before. Due to the tuberculosis in your body, you will not be able to use the skill to its fullest potential, but even then, very few people will be able to give you trouble. Just remember that after this three month period you much search out Divine Healer Shui Do yi. Only he has the capabilities to cure you. Anyways....enough talking. I will now give you an example of the Demon's Waltz...in its truest form."

Li looked on as his master stood there casually, surrounded by a thicket of bamboo trees. Suddenly, he made a move. Li's master made a quick rotation of his body and Li noticed that immense amounts of qi, was pouring out of his master. This qi frightened Li. The force of it was like a strong current, crushing anything in its path.

Then the trees were no more. They all fell to their deaths. If you were to inspect the point where the trees fell over, it would have seemed like they was neatly cut down with a swift sword. This is what puzzled Li the most, for in his master's hands, there was no sword.

posted by strife_au
    There was a slight chill about the air. A cool breeze gushed by gently pressing on the Shue Yun’s cloak. Yu Kai and Wenxian Dong had been killed, but their minions were still standing each with their acupoints sealed. He spoke softly to the girl
    “You have done a great thing; you have shown to be merciless and headstrong. You were unfazed by their pitiful faces which would’ve caused countless people to feel merciful. To say the truth, there are so many men/women out there who fail to deliver the final blow upon their victim. Those who show such mercy deserve to be struck down when their decision backfires on them.”

The girl looked at her hand; it had been completely covered in blood, her clothes too stained with the blood of her enemies. She handed back Shue Yun the dagger as her tears poured out like a broken dam. “By killing them, I have become just like them, an animal.”

Shue Yun responded with a comforting smile “No the truth is your actions today may seem cruel and unnecessary but the reality is that you would have saved countless lives of the future, for that you should be commended! Now go and free those other girls.”

The little girl again nodded in acceptance. Shue Yun’s attention then switched towards the remaining men that had their acupoints sealed. He slowly walked towards them and unsealed their acupoints. The men were shocked at such an act, and wondered why he had not slayed them.

posted by patricia n
    another scorching hot day arrived yet there were many who stood in line awaiting the new visitors to rid them of their illness. yueyou diligently sat in front of the table as she saw each villager, never once suspecting that that day would be different from the rest. that day would change the rest of her life.

by noon, a waspy figure ran excitedly and waved his hand, capturing yueyou's attention. "miss leung,...i have great news to tell you." catching his breath, "someone found a person who matches your uncle's description heading south."

without a moment to spare, yueyou quickly abandoned her table and grabbed shui dou yi to travel south as directed by the waspy figure. after so many days of wandering, she had finally heard some news regarding her foster father and hoped that the lord would be kind enough to allow her to reunite with him.

turning to shui dou yi, she excitedly exclaimed, "after you cure my foster father, i promise to release you." she wanted to say more but stopped herself in time for she understood that no matter what else she wanted to express would only be shunned.

shui dou yi kept quiet as he concentrated on dropping his precious herbs; he simply could not believe that no one had yet to follow his trail. but little did he knew that that day was also special for him, for that day would intertwine his fate with another.

after several hours of traveling south, yueyou recognized the figure in front of her. she squinted her eyes to get a better view and saw the silhouette of a small child standing next to him. as she and shui dou yi walked closer to the man, they could hear him gently calming the girl who cried hysterically, "ching ching...please don't cry."

yueyou and shui dou yi turned to each other for they recognized both figures to be crazy old man yeung and the little girl who he kidnapped from the heroes conference.

shui dou yi remembered overhearing hero cheung promised li kang that he would not rest unless the child safely returned to her mother. whether hero cheung was dead or alive, his promises would be carried out by the numerous orthodox sects. was it possible for crazy old man yeung to be so powerful that he could easily escape from the grasp of many wulin sect leaders and their disciples who must have been stalking him? he shuddered to believe that such a powerful figure could exist.

now that yueyou was distracted by her father, this would be the perfect opportunity for shui dou yi to escape; unfortunately, his conscience wouldn't allow him to abandon the poor little girl. if he cured crazy old man yeung's mental illness then perhaps he would let go of the girl when he realized that she isn't ching ching...but if he cured crazy old man yeung then who could guess what havoc he would create in wulin when he seeks vengence for his wife? but shui dou yi cures everyone regardless of their identity.

"papa," exclaimed yueyou happily as her eyes danced upon seeing her foster father again.

hearing her call him that, shui dou yi finally understood why it was so critical for yueyou to bring him to crazy old man yeung. but he never knew that crazy old man yeung had an adopted daughter. no wonder she knew the martial arts from various sects and now he had no doubt that lam chongcong was inded yeung yueyou.

"who are you?" crazy old man yeung raised his arm in preparation to defend himself and his 'ching ching' from the girl with the soiled face.

quickly dabbing herself to get rid of the dirt, "it's me, yueyou."

recognizing her, crazy old man yeung brought his hand down and pulled 'ching ching' with him, "it's really you. yueyou, guess who i've found?"

seeing the frightened little girl, yueyou recalled how she was also terrified when she had to part from her family. she slowly stepped forward and carefully held onto the girl's free hand. leaning down, she whispered, "trust me, i will save you."

smiling widely, yueyou looked up at crazy old man yeung, "papa, it truly is sister ching ching. ah, why does she look sick?"

wrapping his arm protectively around 'ching ching,' crazy old man yelled, "nonsense! she is as healthy and as chubby as ever."

gently tugging onto the girl's hand, yueyou insisted, "papa, i brought a really good physician to take a look at ching ching."

seeing the reluctance in his eyes, she pleaded, "it's me yueyou, your foster daughter. i only want what's best for you and her."

"but i've been separated from ching ching for so long," muttered crazy old man yeung who had lessen his hold on the girl.

"papa, have i ever hurt you during the ten years that i lived with you?" she carefully pulled the girl away and motioned for shui dou yi to come closer and whispered, "shui dou yi, i promise you that if you cure my father of his illness then i will free you and let you go unharmed. also, i know that you are a good man and i trust you to bring this girl to her mother."

walking closer to crazy old man yeung, yueyou noticed that his skin had gotten more yellow and so had his eyes and his stomach became much more rounded. knowing that she had fooled him, she felt as though she had betrayed him but she had no choice for she knew the pain of being separated from her own family and she would not allow that young girl to suffer that same journey. "papa, how have you been?"

"i thought that physician would treat ching ching," his eyes widened as he began to have doubts about yueyou's intention.

smiling, yueyou calmly reinforced, "he will but," then she quickly sealed his acupuncture point. "sorry papa, i must ask for your forgiveness."

"what are you doing, yueyou. you dare to disobey me?"

ignoring him she ordered, "shui dou yi, please attend to him." that was the first time she showed any hints of courtesy towards shui dou yi.

"but i'm not sick. yueyou, release me at once!" demanded crazy old man yeung.

taking out his instrument, shui dou yi sat down and examined crazy old man yeung. after an hour, he let out a deep sigh, "i am afraid that i cannot cure him."

eyes blazing with mistrust, "i don't believe that you cannot cure him." her voice was calm, almost whisper like but yet hinted of much danger.

"even if you threaten me with death, i am still unable to save him. he has suffered from both the combination of fire deviation and liver failure. his liver has stopped functioning properly...it's only a matter of months before he dies. the only thing i could do is temporarily restore his sanity." shui dou yi took out his acupuncture needles and placed them on crazy old man yeung's head.

in a matter of half an hour, crazy old man yeung's rage calmed down.

"papa?" yueyou's eyes glistened with hope.

"yueyou?" his eyes appeared to become more alive, more aware of the environment, more aware of himself. sighing deeply, tears filled his eyes, "you should have just let me be as before when i was ignorant."

though he cried, yueyou smiled for she knew that his sanity returned. she kneeled down and requested, "forgive yueyou for being a disobedient foster daughter."

"no, there is nothing to forgive. stand up yueyou."

hearing him speak so reasonably, yueyou released his acupuncture points. yueyou also took out her key and unlocked the chains on shui dou yi's arms and legs. "thanks, the drug in your system should wash away by the end of this week. please go and bring the girl to any orthodox sect."

shui dou yi carefully had the girl grab onto his sleeve and walked away from the yeung family.

posted by patricia n
    "yueyou, why don't you sit down as i tell you a story."

she sat and waited patiently for her foster father to begin recounting his past.

"when i was fifteen, i met a young girl who loved learning martial arts as much as i did. soon, we became sparring partners as we enjoyed testing new skills which our own sifus taught us. needless to say, we soon fell in love. but the more we practiced the more we realized that our skills had became stagnant because there was so little we could do with the skills our sifus passed down to us. our hunger for learning new skills became insatiable and we both decided to practice other sects martial arts. though it was frowned upon by the standard code of conduct in wulin, she and i did not care because we did not intend to use our skills to kill. we never wanted to be wulin's leader but we only wanted to learn more skills, the more the better. we started off by sneaking into smaller sects and learning their martial arts. soon, we became more powerful and could sneak into bigger and more prestigious sects to learn their martial arts. however, these sects became smarter, more paranoid, and more devious. it became more difficult for us to steal their martial arts as they guarded the manuals more carefully, yet she and i succeeded during our attempts. we eventually got married when i was 27 years old and she gave birth to ching ching the following year. during ching ching's first year, wife and i decided to spend more time as a family and stopped stealing martial arts manuals. during that time, wife and i decided to incorporate the various martial arts skills from different sects and form the best swordskill. because wife loved dragonflies so much, i named it the dragonfly sword stance in honor of her," he paused and smiled as he recalled the memories.

"soon, we could not resist learning and sought better manuals. we became powerful and we were able to penetrate wudang and er mei. except they were waiting for us to come. the night we stole the er mei martial arts manual, all of the sects were waiting to ambush us. we were outnumbered. they caught me and threatened me...those fools, i had always returned the manual everytime i took it from them. orthodox sects...how ironic. what they wanted wasn't their own manuls but the collapsing mountain strokes manual, a manual that had been lost for over seventy five years. one beggar's clan member...that beggar's clan member ruthlessly tossed his stick towards me when i told them that i did not know what they were referring to...and wife jumped in and sacrificed her life for me. before she died, she whispered that she had found the manual and was waiting for my birthday to present it to me. those sons of a turtle. we never once killed any of their members yet they killed the only woman i've ever loved." he stopped as he could no longer continue.

"i vowed to avenge all of the sects that were present that day...wudang, shaolin, kunlun, beggar's clan, er mei, kong dong. all of them. i went home and practiced my martial arts daily, and i began to feel a burning sensation throughout my body. i was practicing the martial arts manual we stole from er mei sect but who would ever think that wulin's sect leaders would be so devious. they purposefully placed a fake martial arts manual which i practiced and i soon suffered fire deviation. ching ching was only five years old...even though i had neglected her, she was still a filial and good daughter. as usual she paid me a visit one day, while i continued to practice the fake er mei sect martial arts manual. that day, the fire deviation became unbearable and i began to have delusions. i heard voices and hallucinated the various sect members. and i attacked mercilessly until i heard a scream which snapped me out of it. when i returned to reality, i saw that i had killed my own daughter, ching ching."

yueyou's slid tears as she heard her foster father's tale. never did she imagine his past to be so tragic and now she understood the trauma that mentally affected crazy old man yeung for life, "papa, you should not blame yourself. you didn't know." it was not surprising after learning the truth why crazy old man yeung was affected every time he saw a five year old girl.

"yueyou, how can i not blame myself? i killed my own daughter with my bare hands...ching ching...father has wronged you. how can i live life knowing that i killed my own daughter. wife is also dead." after calming down, he added, " i could not bring myself to practice the collapsing mountain stroke manual as wife died because of that manual. but i want you to learn it."

he lowered his voice and carefully whispered the place where he hid the manual.

"papa?" she was afraid of what he would request of her. she sensed that something was wrong but she was afraid to guess what would happen next. she did not wish to think about it.

"kneel down now, yueyou!"

her eyes widened, but she did as she was told.

"fifteen years ago...i saved you fifteed years ago."

yueyou quickly looked up at him. fifteen years ago...one major event...seventy seven lives...a mystery that she could not fully reveal. and today she would learn what she sought for the past five years.

"i clearly remember seeing you surrouned by a large group of intruders. at the time, you were five years old and i thought that you were ching ching. i could not let ching ching die so i had to save you. in the midst of the fight, i remember seeing foreign faces when i unmasked some of those men. and it did not seem as though they wanted to kill you."

trying to open her memories, yueyou whispered, "i remember they were trying to tell me something. but i was too scared after i saw them kill father, mother, and junior brother. i could not make sense of what they were saying because i was so frightened...but now, i just realize that i could not understand because they had really thick accents when speaking in our dialect."

lowering his voice, crazy old man yeung apologized, "yueyou, these past fifteen years had been hard for you. i never provided you with a stable environment and i've threatened your life on many occasions when my illness acted up. but you stayed faithful to me and even went through the trouble of trying to cure me."

"papa, it's my duty as your foster daughter to take care of you." she admitted that her life was difficult but she had no where else to go. many times, she resented the fact that she was spared because she had to suffer crazy old man yeung's threats, she had nothing else in her life except for vengence, and the past five years had not been an easy one for she had to survive on her own, but crazy old man yeung taught her how to read, how to cook, and her martial arts. "and during the times that you were sane, you loved me just like your own daughter. therefore yueyou could sacrifice everything to save you." and therefore, while disguised as lam changcong, her other goal was to find crazy old man yeung because she was greatly worried about him. because he was still a father to her.

"yueyou, i am glad that you've said that. i have a favor to ask you," he nodded sadly

"papa, if i could do it then i will."

"i can no longer live with myself knowing that wife is dead and that i killed my only child."

shaking her head, yueyou pleaded, "papa, please don't talk like that. you still have yueyou to care for you."

"yueyou, you are my only family left in this world. i will have to ask you to avenge my hatred and kill the leaders of those sects."

tugging onto his pants, yueyou strongly stated, "papa, please don't ask me to do this." leaning down, she tearfully revealed, "for the past fifteen years, i've had to live with the burden of avenging my family's death. so many nights, i am unable to sleep well because when i close my eyes, i see blood everywhere. i hear my mother telling me to seek vengence. papa, this burden is eating me alive for i know that i cannot kill the enemy. and if you ask me to take on another great burden, i'm afraid that i will disappoint you and be an unfilial daughter. papa, please don't do this to me. i can't handle another burden of such large magnitude. i can't. there's only one of me" wiping her tears away, she wondered, "papa, if you let go of revenge then i will not pursue my family's revenge, huh? yueyou will be a good daughter and look after you for the next few months. can you please allow me to live a slightly normal life for once?"

"yueyou, i can't bear to live with myself for the next few months. it'll be worse than death for me. please promise me before i part from this world that you will seek vengence for me."

"no. i will not promise you." she had hope that by refusing him, it would force him to live but she was wrong.

"yueyou, i know you too well to fall for that." without warning, he grabbed onto her arms and began to transfer all his qi (inner power) to her as she struggled to resist him.

posted by patricia n
    da tou walked more briskly as he tried to avoid yuen jie's constant attempts to gain his attention, "why can't i just have a normal girl like me instead of this part man part woman creature?" he wondered.

seeing him ignore her again, yuen jie pouted. she knew she was beautiful yet she had to like a blind fool who couldn't appreciate her greatness. getting more upset, she stomped the ground and then quickly chased after da tou, "brother da tou, wait up."

the small group of subordinates looked at each other and were afraid that yuen jie would take her anger out on them.

but it looked as though the lord was on yuen jie's side today for she saw shui dou yi running towards their direction with a little girl. if she could get shui dou yi to cure da tou's eyes then would da tou love her? smiling to herself, she swiftly caught up with shui dou yi and attacked him before he had the chance to numb her with his gloves. "shui dou yi i wonder if you deserve the title of divine healer?"

why did everyone want him but would not give respect to him? shui dou yi angrily retaliated, "even shen mo of the demons and dragons sect pays his respect to me but i cannot believe his subordinates would treat me with such little respect."

hearing him say that, da tou commanded, "if anyone here dares to offend shui dou yi then he would have to deal with me first." addressing the physician, da tou requested, "shui dou yi, i am sure that if anyone deserves the title of divine healer, then that would be you. i too need your service."

"you wish to see again?" guessed shui dou yi properly.

eager to please da tou, yuen jie interrupted, "is it possible?"

"well, we are still in the midst of fulfilling a mission. shui dou yi, i do not wish to offend you but i must request that you accompany us so that we could discuss this issue farther," and da tou motioned the subordinates to guard shui dou yi.

shui dou yi did not put up a resistance, "i see i have no choice. i'll go if someone can bring this child to an orthodox sect."

"done." turning to a subordinate, da tou instructed, "take this girl to any of the orthodox sect and tell them that this is the missing girl from the conference. if you fail then don't come back to me."

"i understand, da tou." the subordinate walked away with the five year old girl.

the group headed south when they encountered the site of an old man holding onto a young girl. the man had such yellow skin and wild gray hair and beard that yuen jie was able to recognize him.

"brother da tou, it seems as though crazy old man yeung is transferring his qi to the girl. i must not let such an opportunity like this escape me," and yuen jie swiftly glided towards the pair and reached out her arms to grab a hold of crazy old man yeung. the interruption caused increasing internal organ damage to crazy old man yeung as he now had to transfer his qi to yuen jie and yueyou to prevent harm to the latter.

after moments, crazy old man yeung was drained of all energy and was knocked down. yueyou quickly ran to him and screamed, "papa! please don't leave me alone in this world."

"remember to avenge..." and he passed away, for now that his qi was drained, he did not have the strength to fight his liver disease.

"papa, why did you do it? why are you making me do something which i do not wish to do?" she could not stop the tears from escaping.

yuen jie and da tou smiled. so this young lady was related to crazy old man yeung which meant that she would most likely know all of the sects' martial arts.

yueyou looked up and recognized the figures from the demons and dragons sect...she had seen them attack and saw their ruthlessness during their execution at the conference. she knew she was not their match. why were they staring and smiling at her. what did they want from her? she turned her eyes and saw him, "shui dou yi, how did you get caught by them?"

"if you didn't drug me then i might have had a chance at escape," he argued.

putting crazy old man yeung's corpse down, yueyou promised, "you helped my foster father so i will help you back." yueyou slid the sword out of her flute and attacked the subordinates who guarded shui dou yi.

just listening to the disturbance in the wind, da tou recognized the various swordskills from different sects and yuen jie observed the stances and nodded, "indeed this girl would be useful for the sect."

yueyou managed to free shui dou yi from the subordinates easily but yuen jie stopped her from letting him go. yueyou's newly acquired inner energy overwhelmed her and she still did not know how to direct it properly, but she was at least able to defend herself against yuen jie. yet, she had a harder time freeing shui dou yi while fighting against yuen jie.

yueyou yelled out, "shui dou yi, whatever happens just run. we're now even." yueyou used her strength to push him way, leaving room for yuen jie to attack her.

yuen jie brought her hand down and accidentally tore a piece of cloth off yueyou's sleeve to reveal a mark on her upper left arm before palming her down. yuen jie looked up and saw shui dou yi escape but da tou prevented her from chasing after him.

confused, yuen jie could not understand why da tou would allow the only person to restore his vision runaway.

even before she stated anything, da tou mentioned, "the more people we have to watch over on this trip, the more troublesome it will be. between shui dou yi and this girl, i'd rather take the girl because she would be more useful for the sect."

yuen jie approached the girl and demanded, "who are you?"

yueyou kept her mouth shut.

bending down, yuen carefully looked at yueyou's exposed upper left arm and saw three small lotuses tattooed on it. yuen jie smirked and whispered, "even if you dont tell me, i can guess that your real surname is." and she wrote the words on the ground "yuen, not yeung."

yueyou stared wide eyed at yuen jie. no one, not even her foster father, knew her real surname. how did this woman know?

yuen jie immobilized her and arrogantly said, "i know a lot more about your past then you realize. if you cooperate with me then i may just share your past with you." she then ordered the subordinates, "take this ugly girl and tie her up."

it sickened yuen jie to look at yueyou for yuen jie was used to being the most beautiful woman any of the sect members laid eyes on. but this girl had one advantage over her and that was youth.

as yueyou had been disguised as a man for the past five years and only began to reveal herself as a girl, she had never once received a compliment from any man or woman. so when yuen jie called her ugly, she believed herself to be ugly for that was the first time anyone had commented on her appearance. she never realized that during the past five years, she had blossomed from a young girl into a beautiful lady.

posted by Extremer88
    Yueyou was tied up, and the group eventually left to the nearby woods in search for a shelter.

The night slowly turned dark and the stars start to appear along with the beautiful moon.

The moon was round, amidst all the chaos and turbulence that appeared in the Wulin fraternity lately, the nightsky was still gorgeous, as tonight happens to be the 15th of the month.

Although Yueyou was tied up, she was able to look at the nightsky, tears rolled down her cheeks as the beautiful nightsky reminds her of her foster father.

Yuen Jie shouted, "Alright we shall rest here today!"

Da Tou said, "Good, let's rest."

Yuen Jie ran up to Da Tou and smiled, "Brother Da Tou, are you hungry? Do you want me to go cook some delicious food for you? My cooking has improved since the conference."

Da Tou replied, "I'm not hungry, you go untie that young lady. I wish to talk to her."

Yuen Jie whined, "No Brother Da Tou, you better don't talk to her. She's a ugly freak, the most ugliest woman that I have seen in my entire life." She purposely said out loud so that Yueyou could heard it.

Although Yueyou was captivated by the beautiful nightsky, she could heard what Yuen Jie was saying, but anything to her now is not important, or she wants is to see her foster father again. That is the one and only thing that she really wants now.

Revenge? What revenge does Yueyou have in mind which she had been harboring for years? Everything just seems to have vanished in her mind. The images of her foster father kept surfacing in her mind, and she really hoped that someone would just kill her and end her life here under this beautiful nightsky once and for all.

Yueyou said, "Miss, why don't you just kill me off since I'm the ugliest woman that you've ever seen? What use am I of to anybody else in this world?"

Yuen Jie said, "Haha, kill you off? I won't, I won't. I have to at least left some scars or scratches on your face using my beloved sword before deciding whether to kill you off, haha."

Yueyou was petrified upon hearing this, but it quickly vanished off her mind, she then shouted, "Do it if you must, I dare you to even do that. Just kill me off!"

Yuen Jie then put her sword on Yueyou's face and act as if she was about to start this torture exhibition.

Da Tou laughed heartilly, "Yuen Jie ah Yuen Jie, are you jealous because this young lady looks much more beautiful than you?"

Yuen Jie shouted, "Phew, of course not! She's ugly, ugly and ugly!"

Da Tou laughed, "Really? Then if she's ugly, why are you threatening to ruin her looks, especially on ruining a beautiful face."

Yuen Jie turned to her surbodinates and asked, "Who is more beautiful, me or she?"

Her surbodinates was terrified and all shouted, "Of course you, Miss Yuen Jie."

Yuen Jie shouted, "That's right, I'm the most beautiful woman. Brother Da Tou, they say I'm more beautiful than her."

Da Tou turned his face towards Yueyou, "Young lady, I'm sorry for the ignorance caused by my martial sister. Let me untie you."

Yuen Jie shouted, "What?" The ropes that tied Yueyou was broken into pieces.

Yueyou saw Da Tou and Yuen Jie before at the Heroes' Conference, but she had forgotten almost everything since the tragedy of his father's death.

Da Tou smiled, "Yuen Jie, you go and get some food for me.

He then turned to Yueyou and smiled, "Miss, can we go to that stonehedge there and have a light chat?"

Yueyou smiled, even though Da Tou can't see, he could sense that.

Strange it may seems, but Da Tou never felt that happy before, maybe its because of the beautiful nightsky, or maybe because of the full moon, or maybe because of this mysterious young lady that he just met? But who knows, except probably Da Tou himself.

posted by IcyFox
    Meanwhile Shen Mo had dispatched secret orders Xie Junh Liang as he knew Xie Junh Liang was following Da Tou and Yuen Jie. Shen Mo himself then left their secret mountain fortress on a mission.

Although the Demons and Dragons Sect was the most powerful sect in Jianghu presently and was more powerful than any other 2 sects combined, Shen Mo knew that if he was to accomplish his ambition he had to act fast.

He could not afford to let the righteous sects regroup fast enough to thwart his plans for world domination. The other unorthodox sects also seemed to want to chellenge his power.

posted by Extremer88
    Both Da Tou and Yueyou sat on the stonehedge under the gorgeous nightsky.

The bright moonlight shone on both Da Tou's and Yueyou's faces. Although Da Tou was unable to see Yueyou's beautiful looks, Yueyou was able to see clearly Da Tou's appearances.

Any person who saw Da Tou would be naturally petrified by his looks, there were no eyeballs present in his eyes which makes Da Tou even more scarier than demons.

Da Tou smiled, "Are you disgusted or terrified by my look?"

Yueyou replied, "Not really, if you were not blind, you would have been very good-looking."

Da Tou smiled back, "Thank you."

There was a sudden pause.

Yueyou said softly, "Erm, what exactly happened to your eyes?"

Da Tou paused for awhile then said, "It happened many many years ago. I was blinded by my parents' enemy when I was young. He killed my parents, but..."

Yueyou said, "But... what?"

Da Tou replied, "He cruelly... cruelly digged out my eyes. Up till today, I still don't understand why he did that."

Yueyou replied, "Gulped, what is that guy thinking?"

Da Tou replied, "I don't know. He could just kill me, but he decided to digged out my eyes. This kind of torture, it's more worse than death. Up till today, I can still remember his face, he digged away my eyes in front of me, and I will never ever forget his appearance."

Yueyou sighed, "So did you manage to track him now?"

Da Tou replied, "Nope, I never heard of any news about him anymore. I remembered his looks but what's the use when I can't even see anymore."

Yueyou exclaimed, "That's why you seek Dr. Shui."

Da Tou said, "Exactly..."

Yueyou said softly, "I can see that you look sad."

Da Tou paused for awhile again then replied, "You too, you just lost your father..."

Da Tou paused again before continuing, "Sorry for leaving your father's remains there, I had sent someone to bring over his remains. They should be here tomorrow morning. My deepest condolences to you."

Yueyou replied, "Thanks. It's okay, now that my papa is gone, I have nowhere to go. It's great you guys picked me up."

Under this gorgeous nightsky, under this full moon, there were many thoughts and feelings that crossed both Da Tou's and Yueyou's mind.

Da Tou thought to himself, "It's been a long time since I had a very long nice chat with someone." He had wanted to cry, but no matter how hard he tried, it's just impossible.

Yueyou thought to herself, "He share the same plight as me, losing your parents at a young age, it must have been an awful feeling." With that, tears rolled down her cheek. She cried and cried even though Da Tou was opposite her, but Da Tou can't even see a thing...

posted by strife_au
    The men stared at each other filled with confusion and fear, they did not know whether Shue Yun had intended to spare their lives or that he was merely toying around with them for the time being.

“It is an awful pity indeed that so much bloodshed is required on such a day like this. But in all honesty such things cannot be avoided for the sake of humanity; it would be great injustice to elder Yu and elder Wenxian if their martial brothers did not join them in a tea party in the netherworld.” Smiled Shue Yun.

The bandits saw that they had no hope of Shue Yun sparring their lives made a run for it in many different directions hoping that he was not able to catch up to all of them, and the lucky ones would be able to escape. Since they all possessed decent qing gong that would easily outrun any normal person.

Shue Yun unsheathed his mystical sword as the sun rays shone brightly upon the flawless sword.

“Why choose to escape from the inevitable truth? You fools have sealed your fates in more shame than you would by fighting against me.” Said Shue Yun as in a blinding flash he jumped ahead of a group of about ten men.

Shue Yun swung his sword at furious pace, it seemed one stroke was mirrored by another in the opposite direction before the stroke had been completed. Suddenly the men all simultaneously screamed in agony as each of them had both of their arms lacerated off.
    Another horizontal slash of pulsating fury emanating from Shue Yun’s sword, completely chopped the torsos of the men off.

A few died upon instantly, while those who still had a bit of life within them were sucked of all their neigong by Shue Yun. He then proceeded to pursue the next group of escaping men. After a few minutes all of the men bar one who attempted to escape all endured the wrath of a painful death. There were limbs splattered to the ground everywhere, arms, legs, and heads. The area had been a pure bloodbath.

Shue Yun tore some cloth from on of the corpses and wiped the dripping blood that had stained his sword, as he took a few deep breaths of the refreshing air.

posted by Single Whip
    After a week of searching, Jian Yi and Zong Yueh still could not find Zhang Wu Ji, they have gone to both E-mei and Shaolin to inquire, unfortunately not a trace of him can be found after he left Wudang.

One day they were walking through an outskirt of a village when they saw a trail of herbs. "Hey brother, look at this trail of herbs, its the same one as the one I saw a week ago when we met that girl called YueYou, it must be her. She really should fixed the holes in the bag."

As they were talking, they saw a familiar figure walking in their directions, that person was seemingly trying to follow the trail of herbs. It was Li Xiao Sheng.
    Li Xiao Sheng shouted, "Brother Jian Yi, brother Zong Yueh. How are you? We didn't know what happen to the two of you after the conference."

" Its nice to see that you are safe as well," Jian Yi replied.

The two parties then exchanged stories of what had happened to each of them after the conference.

"Ah, the girl that you met must be the same girl that the village people were describing as a travelling physician." Said Xiao Sheng.

"Well, she did managed to heal brother Jian Yi, although prior to diagnosing and curing Jian Yi, she had to go inside the temple first. Do you think Shou Du Yi was inside the temple giving her instruction?" asked Zong Yueh.

"Well, we'll find out if can quickly follow the trail of herbs. I noticed that the trails are getting farther and farther in between, so we should hurry up before it disappear altogether." Said Xiao Sheng.

"At least if that girl cured brother Jian Yi with Dr. Shou's help, she wouldn't harm him."

"I hope so." said Zong Yueh. He remembered how thankful he was for her curing Jian Yi, but also how for a minute he truly believed that she wanted him to chop his own arm. "A strange girl indeed," he thought.

With that they quickly followed the trail again.

posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    This world is really full of weird people. Flying swordsmen are plenty, but this is the first Bei Xing had ever encountered a gliding one. The weird apparition he had just witnessed fits the description of the mysterious killer, Ling Yun Jian Xing exactly. No harm taking a look, he told himself, as he flew behind ten feet behind the black aerial statue, careful not to make a single noise.

Loud footsteps approached. Bei Xing instinctively vanished from view by hiding behind the nearest tree he could find. The zombie-like swordsman merely floated towards the top of the tree like an air bubble, hovering above the treetop, his sword was dazzling under the moonlight. Bei Xing couldn’t help but agree with the people back at the inn that this swordsman is quite “extraordinary”, to the point that he doesn’t even seem human.

Ten men in yellow walked past Bei Xing. With a jolt Bei Xing realized that these people were Kunlun disciples. Run! He thought in alarm, or else it would be too late. But before he could warn them, he felt his chest tighten, his breathing shallowed, and he felt excruciating pain at his shuixue acupoint. What is happening?

“Bei Xing, our energy-dissipating skill can be used to heal internal injuries, but bear in mind that if you start, you cannot stop at anytime as you wish, or else you would aggravate the injury and consequences would be fatal,” Hadn’t his master warned him about this many times? Bei Xing had no choice but to continue healing himself using the energy-dissipating skill and his body felt much better instantly. I must recover quickly or else this monster would kill all there Kunlun disciples, he thought fervently, I must stop him!

Thwack. Bei Xing heard the barely inaudible sound of needles piercing the body of its target despite the ferocious howling of the wind. The only reason he could detect such faint sounds is all thanks to his abundant internal energy. The next instant, forty crows hit the ground, scarlet needles protruding from the chests. Bei Xing stared in disbelief. He could swear that Ling Yun Jian Xing’s arms were kept by his sides all the time, it was impossible that he was responsible for doing so, but there were nobody else present there besides the Kunlun disciples, Ling Yun Jian Xing and himself. There seemed to be no end to the mystery of this strange character.

“Hey isn’t that Ling Yun Jian…” Silver flash, one guy fell onto the floor, separated from his head.

“Aaargh!” More dazzling streaks of silver, more headless corpses.

“Let’s run!” Dancing of silver lights, only one Kunlun disciple remained alive.

That disciple was no different from dead, though. His legs became jelly, as he collapsed onto the floor, pleading for Ling Yun Jian Xing to spare his life. But Ling Yun Jian Xing was oblivious to his petrified pleas, he floated towards the poor guy slowly, his sword hovering along. As a swordsman, it is my duty to protect the weak, Bei Xing thought, even if it means risking my life. He no longer cared about the instant death his master had warned him about if he stopped the healing abruptly.

Silver light flashed. A blurry figure brushed past Bei Xing and dived rapidly towards the Kunlun disciple, carrying him to safety. But this person wasn’t Bei Xing…

It was Zhuang Kuen.

“What are you waiting for? Run!” He bellowed. The Kunlun disciple does not need telling twice. Judging from the speed he was running, people might think he was a record-breaking Olympic champion. But still, no matter how record-breaking he could be, outrunning the shadowy zombie-looking statue soaring overhead is a total impossibility.

“That was fast!“ Zhuang Kuen gasped. Knowing that he was no match against Ling Yun Jian Xing in terms of lightness kung fu, he somersaulted three times in the air and threw three darts at him.

“Aaaargh!”

The Kunlun disciple screamed, the three darts lodged right into his back. Impossible, thought Zhuang Kuen, I was aiming at Ling Yun Jian Xing earlier, how could he…

Without further delay, he drew out his sword and swiped at Ling Yun Jian Xing three times. The first two swipes missed, while the last one went right towards the swordsman’s back. Ling Yun Jian Xing merely swung his sword behind to intercept Zhuang’s strike. Then, using his sword as a propeller, he flung himself into the air and landed right behind Zhuang Kuen.

Three silver streaks flew towards Zhuang Kuen. He blocked the first one and found his hand and sword vibrating wildly. Witchcraft! He thought in fear, one sword qi was able to inflict so much damage! He knew that if he kept blocking these sword qi his sword would shatter; he somersaulted in the air and dodged the next two silver streaks.

When Zhuang Kuen was busy dodging the two silver comets, Ling Yun Jian Xing found the opportunity to kill the Kunlun disciple. Another blurry figure appeared right beside the disciple. It was Liu Xuan.

Liu Xuan and Zhuang Kuen were concerned about Bei Xing’s recovery. After knocking on his door many times, they opened his door and found him not in his room. They began their search for Bei Xing immediately, fearing he might meet danger. When they heard the screams of the Kunlun disciples, they decided to take a look. Seeing Ling Yun Jian Xing’s cruel murder of the Kunlun disciples, they had to intervene to help stop this crazy psychopath from killing more innocent lives.

Liu Xuan’s martial arts were on par with Zhuang Kuen’s. Zhuang Kuen specializes on strength whereas she focuses on speed and agility. She swam around the place like a dolphin in the sea, evading those silver streaks effortlessly, but had no chance to attack.

“Senior Zhuang, let’s use the Celestial Duo Formation!”

Zhuang Kuen nodded grimly. Both of them drew out their swords. Zhuang Kuen flailed his arm wildly. The sword qi emanating from his sword encompasses him like a circular force field, making markings on the ground. Liu Xuan flew around the place like a swan, graceful yet deadly, her sword became a snake, slithering around the area, looking for an opportunity to strike.