Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wuxia RPG2 story unabridged...

Posted by strife_au
    The three sat down on a table as their foods were being served. Zong Yueh's eyes were fixated on Szema Fei and the young man that was having a meal with him. He wondered who the person that was next Szema Fei was, does he have motive? Could he know of the tatoo on Szema Fei aswell?
    "Brother Jian Yi, the person thats talking to the kid looks like wulin person do you think he is up to something?" whispered Zong Yueh
    "Don't worry we must keep our cool, we must not act foolishly unless we know who and what that person wants with the kid" replied Wang Jian Yi

Back to Szema 's table...
    "Hmm this dish tastes marvelous!" says Szema Fei gloatingly. "Well I'm glad your enjoying it, it is quite a fine meal" said Shue Yun. "Shue Yun sir you must have a great time exploring Jian hu, your so lucky. How I wish one day I could explore Jian Hu and become a revered person, instead of being a beggar with nothing" Szema said with a sigh. "Well I'm sure your dreams would come true one day, nothing happens without a reason, your only young life can change within mere moments. I suppose being free and wandering Jiang Hu is a great life when I was smaller I wouldn't of even thought of what I have become today.. well nothing special but it's not what I had expected" replied Shue Yun gently.
    Shue Yun could feel various different powerful qi's circulating around the inn, he looked around and smiled at Szema Fei "Jian Hu is a place where you come to expect the unexpected, it's a place of you die, I live, you have to be aware every moment for just maybe that moment is your last" "for now young brother would you like to stay with me?"

since it's unfair for druid to do the scut work, i'll be posting my own portions in this thread.

--------

a frail middle age man slightly coughed as he entered the inn. looking inconspicuous, all guests who were dining ignored his insignificant presence as he quietly walked across to talk to the innkeeper, "one room for tonight please, and please give me the cheapest available room."

the innkeeper, being the typical greedy business man smirked as he realized he could still make a profit from this weak looking man, "sure, sure. let me get the waiter to prepare that room for you as i did not expect to rent out that space anytime soon."

the frail man looked at the innkeeper and wondered what horrid place he would have to sleep in that evening. he brought his hand to his almost empty pocket and realized that even if he wanted to, he could not afford a decent room. "thank you, kind sir."

the innkeeper smiled insincerely, "why don't you take a seat while we prepare your room?" turning to one of the waiters, he whispered, "you don't have to worry about serving him. from the looks of it, he can't afford a meal."

the frail man took a seat where he was ignored for the rest of the night, just as he wanted. upon walking into the inn, the man already felt four strong separate qi circulating around the room. "strange," the man looked in the general direction where he thought the qi originated, "what does this have to do with that boy?"

when he realized that three men sitting across from him were staring at him, he reflexively held onto his old flute.

"brother jian yi, that man does not seem as ordinary as he appears to be," muttered zong yueh.

jian yi brushed him off, "even if that were so, i doubt we have to worry about such a frail old man. we have more important things to worry about," while nodding towards szema.

li kang coughed uncontrollably, spitting more blood out. he raised his hand to reassure his new found friends, "it's just my sickness acting up. this is quite normal for me."

meanwhile, szema blissfully finished his meal and wiped the oil off his mouth with his dirty sleeves, making shue yun grin at his innocence. "little brother, do you really want to know more about jiang hu?"

the child nodded enthusiastically.

"there's a hero's conference coming up and the leaders of all of the respected sects in wulin and many businessmen in jaing hu will show up as a competition will be held for a new leader of wulin as hero cheung is planning to retire.. i was planning to go," but before he could finish his sentence, szema had already interrupted.

"please big brother, please take me with you." ever since szema heard about the conference earlier that evening, he had began to become more interested in observing the competition.

shue yun smiled and kindly nodded.

meanwhile, the frail old man observed the conversation. "hero cheung as in cheung mo kei? i thought he retired from wulin decades ago and was living with zhao min? i must go to the conference and see if i can learn more about the sects...there might just be some clues that can lead to those murderers," he thought to himself.

just then, the innkeeper tapped the frail man's shoulder, "ah, mister...ah..."

"my name is lam changcong."

zong yueh looked at his companions and exclaimed, "that's right...no wonder i thought he looked suspicious. he is none other then the historian lam changcong."

the innkeeper continued, "your room is ready."

when changcong saw his room, he too sighed for it was in one section of the barn. "thank you."

again, the innkeeper gave him an insincere smile, "good night."

though the bed would have been uncomfortable for any other person, changcong had already grown accustomed to that lifestyle and fell asleep soundly.
    Last edited by patricia n; 04-15-06 at 07:20 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

posted by TommyH
    Szema Mok clutched his stomach and a sad expression crept up upon his face. Shuy Yun noticed this and smiled, "You want more noodles?"

"Yes! Yes! Thank you Brother Shue Yun!" exclaimed Szema Fei happily.

As Fei devoured his noodles he asked Shue Yun, "So when is this Heroes' Conference?"

Shue Yun thought for a moment then said, "It should be the eighth of this month. May I know what day is today?"

"The sixth! Only two days to go!"

Yang_Kang
    Restless that night Zong Yueh could not get his mind of the tatoo on Szema Fei. Li
    Kang was in deep meditation keeping his disease under control.

"Brother Jian Yi, maybe we should check up on those two kids just to make sure nothing happens tonight. The heroes conference is in two days and I have a strange feeling about it" softly spoke Zong Yueh.

"Wulin is in a mess at the moment there are so many sects who call themselves righteous but infact they are ones who seek greed and fourtunes, the please themselves in whichever ways they like. I suppose we should just check to see theres nothing wrong" replied Jian Yi

Suddenly Li Kang awoke from his medititation. "Sorry to interrupt but theres something about that guy with Szema Fei that seems a little bit suspicious. I could barely feel any qi radiating from him as if he is somehow hiding it"

"Indeed, yet he looks like a pretty decent fighter but he seems to have only the qi of a little above a average human? It's either hes a common wanderer or he is on purposely hiding his qi to avoid suspicion." replied Zong Yueh with a intense look.

"anyways lets go check up on them" "I'll come as well" said Li Kang.
    "It's okay brother Li I think me and Zong Yueh can handle this, you should get some more rest to help with your disease" said Jian Yi

The two made the their way out of their room. As they approach Szema Feis room they suddenly here a person speaking to the inn keeper. They could barely hear the conversation.

"I just need a room for tonight, anywhere will be fine." spoke the mysterious man

Suddenly he looked up and said "Why act so mischieveously at this time of night friends"
    Shocked at the fact the man sensed them hiding there, they got up and walked down the steps.

"I'm sorry theres was no malice intended sir, we were just passing by and heard you talking" said Zong Yueh

"The two of you look like Wulin people am I correct" spoke the mysterious man

"Yes, I am Wang Jian Yi and he's my brother Wang Zong Yueh. I assume you are Wulin person aswell" replied Jian Yi

Suddenly the mysterious man launched a luanhan fist at Zong Yueh, he quickly responded with his taiji arts and deflected the attacked back at him.

The man smiled and said "Great martial arts.. my name is Bei Xing I wander Jian Hu trying to rid of it's plague. Its quite a honour to see such a young man with such talent for martial arts, I suppose your brother is even greater in field of martial arts.

TommyH
    The next morning Szema Fei and Shue Yun quickly ate breakfast and went outside to the morning market. Szema Fei yawned loudly as he wiped his eyes. "Why are we up so early?"

Shue Yun looked at Fei then smiled warmly. "You want to go to the Heroes' Conference?"

"Yes! Yes! YES! Of course!" said Fei at once.

"Then we'll have to get you a weapon and some better clothes. Okay?"

Fei started to feel embarassed then nodded okay. They entered a tailor shop and quickly bought a good-looking gown for Fei then they left and headed for the Blacksmith shop.

Dozens of weapons layed on the racks as a man hammered the anvil. "Hello," he greeted Shue Yun and Fei.

"Morning. Little Brother which weapon do you want?" asked Shue Yun as he observed the weapons on the racks.

Fei looked around and quickly picked out a broad sword out of the pile. "This one!"

"This one it is," said Shue Yun as he handed the Blacksmith two coins.

Posted by druid
    "Haha.. Not at all friend. Are you also stopping here for a rest before attending the Hero's conference?" asked Jian Yi.

"Yes I am. Are you going too?"

"But of cause! say friend... was it Shaolin's LuanHan Fist that you used just now? Are you then a shaolin disciple?" enquired Zong Yueh.

"Not really.. its a long story. Perhaps you two Wudang disciples would like to join me for a drink?" smiled Bei Xing.

All three looked at each other and laughed.

"sure! why not? but give a us a second would you? We have another friend we would like to introduce to you..." replied Jian Yi.

posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    After exchanging a few introductories, the new friends sat down to enjoy some wine.

"So brother Bei, I hear you know Luohan Fist of Shaolin. Yet, you do not look like a Shaolin disciple. May I ask as to how you cam upon this skill?"

...A few moments pass by...

"Ah, so the heavens smiled upon you and gave you this great skill. So you're attending the Heroe's Conference? What do you plan to do there?"

posted by patricia n
    meanwhile, lam changcong carefully trailed shue yun and fei. having observed the lodgers last night, changcong was curious about these two, especially the boy.

after shue yun and fei stepped out of the clothing store, they proceeded to a nearby vendor to buy candied plums as fei had his eyes glued on them. shue yun smirked and somersaulted back and tapped changcong’s shoulder, “friend, you’ve been following us for a while. why don’t you step out instead, it’ll be more comfortable for you?”

changcong eyed him and responded, “who said i was following you?”

“you’ve been following us since we left the inn.”

“this is a big street. why don’t you accuse everyone around us of following you then?” taking out his pen, "i have a job to do and that is to write down events in wulin, now please excuse me." changcong dusted himself and walked in the opposite direction.

shue yun smiled, “so be it. i was going to invite you to join us.”

changcong turned around, "i do not plan to journey with anyone. thanks for the invitation."

changcong walked back to the inn, “maybe i'll have better luck trailing the three other men from last night. there’s still so much I don’t know about wulin.”
    Last edited by druid; 04-16-06 at 01:59 AM.

posted by druid
    After Zong Yueh and Jian Yi introduced Li Kang to Bei Xing, the four had a chat till the wee hours of dawn. All four recounted their past and how they came to be at this moment in the present. Resting briefly, Bei Xing and Jian Yi took turns trying to surpress Li Kang's disease.

At about seven in the morning, all four met downstairs and decided that they would travel as a group to the conference. However, Zong Yueh and Jian Yi did not mention a word about ZWJ and how Jian Yi was related to him....

posted by patricia n
    as changcong stepped into the inn, he saw that another man had joined the three lodgers from last night and they were just about to finish their breakfast...
    Last edited by patricia n; 04-16-06 at 02:54 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Posted by strife_au
    (continuing where Changcong left..)

Shue Yun and Szema Fei decided to get some various tasty mini dishes from the stalls all around the town. There were many delightful food on display and Szema Fei's mouth was watering.
    Shue Yun smiled at Szmea Fei and said "Today we will have whatever food our hearts content, go on and just tell me what you would like" Szema Fei felt no one has ever been this nice to him before and was extremely happy. He happily started looking around for what he wanted.
    As they walked Shue Yun thought to himself, why are the wulin people following Szema Fei? what do they want from him...
    He thought there was something particurly suspicious about the frail old man.
    "this heroes conference is going to be a very interesting on indeed so many questions need to be answered" as he smirked and whispered at himself.

posted by druid
    (which is about seven/eight in the morning?)

"Say... that old man over there... there is something about him..." said Li Kang even though he had his eyes closed.

"yes.. something about him that does not seem right." replied Jian Yi.

"his Internal strength is not very high only about average." commented BeiXing

"well well... Guess I would have to go find ou eh?" replied a smiling Zong Yueh.

"be careful brother! There are all kinds of people in Jiang Hu." cautioned Li Kang.

With that, Zong Yueh approached the seemly old man...
    Last edited by druid; 04-16-06 at 02:45 AM.

posted by patricia n
    “now what?” thought changcong as he immediately brought his hand to his flute.

from across the room, jian yi muttered, “brother li, do you notice how he’s holding onto the flute?”

“yes, i don’t think it’s an ordinary flute.”

zong yueh cupped his hands, “greetings, elder. i am wang zong yueh.”

“who you are is not my business. now please get out of my way.” changcong approached the innkeeper, “please tally my bill.”

after paying the innkeeper, he brushed passed the four men and left the inn.

“brother jian yi, do you think we should follow him?” wondered zong yueh, "it's strange that a wulin historian such as him isn't interested in meeting more pugilists."

thinking about the situation, jian yi shook his head, “we have two other friends who are journeying with us. we should not waste their time. if fated, our paths will cross with his."

Bei Xing agreed, "yes, and the frail man cannot do the four of us much harm.”
    Last edited by patricia n; 04-16-06 at 02:56 AM.

Posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    As the four companions were about to leave, Li purposely brushed up against the old man.

"That's odd," he thought to himself. "for a seemingly frail old man, his nei gong is extremely yin...almost like that of a girls."

Posted by patricia n
    changcong's eyes widened momentarily and his jawline tightened. he briefly looked at li kang and his friends and swore that he would remember all their faces...

the group of four saw his eyes and noticed the fire blazing behind them. maybe it was possible for this frail man to cause them some harm?
    Last edited by druid; 04-16-06 at 03:05 AM.

posted by skyron
    While eating little delights Szema Fei and Shue Yun continued walking down the street viewing all the merchandise that were for sale.
    They came near a big performance theatre.. Szema Fei while busily eating wasnt looking and bumped into a girl. Shue Yun saw the incident and quickly apologised to the girl. The girl blushed and said it was alright, as the two were about to leave the girl called out "hey you are wulin people are you not?"
    "Yes we are wulin masters" responded Szem Fei smirkshly.
    "Ahh how delightful I always wanted to meet more wulin masters.. my name is Ching Yuan please to meet you."

posted by xsniper
    Ching Yuan invited Szema Fei and Shue Yun inside her fathers manor.
    She sat them down in the spacious and wonderous mansion, filled with brilliant lighting. Szema Fei had never been inside such a amazing place, he thought he was in some kind of a dream.
    "I have always enjoyed martial arts, I actually have aspirations of becoming a great pugilist, it's truly great to actually meet you two wulin masters here. I assume you are going to the heroes conference?"

Shue Yun taking a sip of his tea replied "Yes indeed we are heading to the heroes conference, just to witness a bit of martial arts action and to meet some of the greats of the marial arts world. Are you going as well?"

"Why yes I absolutely enjoy watching people duel and I think this heroes conference will feature quite a plenty of it" said Ching Yuan in a mezmerisingly sweet voice.

"wow sister Ching, you have such a nice mansion the best in the town!" spoke Szema Fei in astonishment.

"Yes indeed but I don't really fancy all these wealth and treasures, I'd rather leave all this and go on countless adventures and be hailed as a great heroine" responded Ching Yuan.

As the conversation continued... the four following Szema Fei and Shue Yun continued venturing the towns busy streets.

"That owner of the kebab store said he saw the two go into the performance hall" said Zong Yueh

They headed off towards the performing arts hall. They could see many martial arts people in all directions obviously all heading to the heroes conference.
    When suddenly they saw a fight about to break out outside a restaurant, they swiftly made their way there to see what was going on.
    They could see 8 fighters all had there weapons pointing at one guy.

"You fool, you do not need a table for 10 when you say your the only person that needs the table, and you dare to insult as dogs" screamed on of the eight.
    "haha you think you can fight us all at once who the hell do you think you are. It's more than likely you'll be descending into hell, I suggest you piss off you scumbag" spoke another.

The man replied with a deep voice and a evil snicker "he-he-he who do you filthy dogs think you are speaking to... I Xie Junh Lang will sit where ever I want and do whatever I please. you people are foolish enough to oppose me. I shall show no mercy then"

"Then so be it." the eight swung their swords and began unleashing series of sword stances at Xie Junh Lang.
    Xie Junh Lang drew then drew his black sword and unleashed one almighty sword stance, completely decimating the eight brothers, blood was splattering in all directions, but one was still barely alive "y-yo-you monster! you have killed my brothers" said the guy. Before another word was spoken Xie Junh Lang unleashed a vicious blow of his crimson palms right in the face of the guy, completely mutilating it.
    Zong Yueh, Jian Yi, Li Kang and Bei Xing were stunned by the ruthlessness, and viciousness in the way Xie Junh Lang had slaughtered his foes.

Bei Xing suddenly charged forward to launch attack on Xie Junh Lang with his iron sand palm, it was swiftly defended by Xie Junh Langs hurricane palms as it rendered the iron palms useless.
    Bei Xing then launched a string of continous Shaolin 72 staunches at Xie Junh Lang as Xie Junh replied with his mastered 76 apocalyptic dongfang techniques.
    Xie Junh increasingly gained the upper hand by utilizing all his inner power into his fighting moves. "Fool you dare to oppose my unstoppable martial arts, you've got to be joking" laughed Xie Junh Lang

Suddenly Zong Yueh, Jian Yi and Li kang all jumped forward to aid Bei XIng.
    "Are you alright brother Bei" queried Zong Yueh
    "yeah I'm fine, we must stop this evil person" replied Bie Xing

Xie Junh Lang knowing he had no chance facing those four martial artists after sensing there inner power levels, he quickly drew his poisonous smoke bombs from his pocket and launched it at the four.
    they quickly dodged the poisonous smoke bombs, as Xie Junh Lang drew his black dragon sword and launched multiple stances of his all powerful black dragon sword technique striking with powerful sword chi emmiting from the sword swings on Bei Xing in a surprise attack as Bei Xing was dodging the poison smokes, greatly injuring him. Xie junh lang then quickly launched more poison bombs at them. Li Kang used his Demon's game technique leaning three replicas of himself launched multiple attacks whuc Xie Junh Lang was barely able to with stand. Li Kang then struck Xie Junh Lang's chest with a mighty palm strike, Xie Junh began to spit out blood, he had no choice but to throw more of his poison in order to distract. Li Kang was easily able to dodge the poison bombs but at the smell of the poison Li Kangs disease suddenly worsened his disease and began to vomit blood. Zong Yueh and Jian Yi who about to confront Xie Junh Lang, could not bare leaving there two friends who were behind quickly attended to them while Xie Junh Lang laughed viciously and escaped from the carnage.
    Last edited by patricia n; 04-17-06 at 12:10 PM.

posted by patricia n
    changcong observed the fight from a secret corner and smirked as he saw the four suffer and his eyes followed xie junh lang's fleeting figure, “hard to imagine such deadly strokes and ruthlessness.” then he looked at bei xing, “why are his strokes so similar to my dragonfly sword stance?”

suddenly, two hands held onto both of his shoulders and a female voice rang, “sneaking like that, you must not be a good guy.”

another female voice said, “senior sect sister, no need to say more, let’s contain this man.”

the two women unsheathed their swords and attacked changcong who grabbed his flute and withdrew a sword from it, so that old flute really was not ordinary afterall! while fighting, changcong could not help but notice some similarities between er mei’s sect swordplay and his dragonfly sword stance, thus he was easily able to subdue them and immobilized them.

changcong turned around, “i didn’t think that er mei disciples would act so irrationally.”

from inside jian yi was tending to bei xing’s wound and looked up. when he recognized the frail old man, he asked, “why are you following us?”

changcong approached the four, “strange, there was a major fight here. it was natural for me just like the rest of the crowd to gather around and observe. so is everyone else here following you as well?”

zong yueh shook his head, “older brother, this lam chongcong will not be honest with us. there’s no need to interrogate him.”

changcong commented, “so you already know who i am. then you should know that as wulin’s historian, i do not harm or take sides. my job is to collect facts and write them down.”

one of the er mei’s disciples smiled and said, “so you are elder lam changcong. please pardon us er mei disciples for offending you.”

the other said, “si fu requested that we find you. though you're still new, the wulin sect leaders have recognized that your account of events are thorough and unbiased, hence they want to invite you to record the events at the upcoming hero’s conference. if you follow us then we guarantee you will get a good seat.”

seeing that this would be the perfect opportunity to do more investigation as he could hear the conversations at the hero’s conference more clearly, changcong agreed.

the er mei disciples looked at the four men, “brothers, your two friends are ill. it’s unfortunate the er mei sect is a group full of women so it would be inconvenient to have you return with us. we're sorry.”

li kang coughed more as his injury worsened his disease. jian yi transferred his qi to him and when done, said, “don’t worry about it” looking at li kang, “the sooner we find shui dou yi the better.”

changcong looked at the four men one last time and actually felt some guilt for not helping them. but he quickly brushed that thought aside and left with the er mei disciples.
    Last edited by patricia n; 04-19-06 at 10:57 PM.

posted by TommyH
    Meanwhile at the edge of town...

Citizens ran, doors flung closed, and items of every kind flung everywhere as two men battled violently with superior martial arts. One of the men, a guy dressed in Taoist robes, jabbed his sword at his opponent, another man dressed in red and blue. "I won't let you and your dumb and evil sect cause trouble at the Heroes' Conference!"

"You can't stop me nor any of my sect," replied as the man in red and blue slashed at the Taoist's throat. "Pathetic people from Wudang..."

Posted by druid
    As the Er-mei Sec left with Lam Changchong, Jian Yi was still tending to both BeiXing and Li Kang. Zong Yueh was away buying medicine to treat both injuried men.

Although, Jian Yi had already transfered part of his Qi to Li Kang, Li Kang was still very much in pain due to the high level toxicity of the posion while BeiXing only suffered external injuries.

Left with no choice, Jian Yi then sealed some of BeiXing's accupoint to stop the bleeding. At this moment, Li Kang cried out in pain. Jian Yi was at a loss at what to do.

"Transfer your Qi to him Brother Wang and purge out the posion within Brother Li. Do not worry about me. I'll live." Replied BeiXing as he too began to generate his own Qi.

Wasting no time, Jian Yi then began to transfered even more of his 9Yang Qi to purge out the poison.

"Damn that guy for this! I swear I'll hunt him down and make him pay!" Thought BeiXing as his body began to repair itself...