Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Wuxia RPG2 story unabridged...

Posted by patricia n

changcong pretended to be engrossed in writing; however, zong yueh was persistent and repeated himself more loudly in hopes of provoking the suspicious historian.

looking up at zong yueh briefly, changcong returned to writing and mumbled, "i heard you the first time."

zong yueh smiled as he believed he would finally be able to engross this strange temperamental historian in a conversation to learn more about him. zong yeuh continued, "that crazy man must be evil to kidnap a random innocent child. if this heroes conference was not so crucial to wulin then i am sure most pugilists here would be trailing that old man."

seeing that the frail old man would not answer him, zong yueh waited and realized that the frail old man had no intention of talking to him. fortunately, he was raised in wu dang where he learned the virtue of patience and decided to block the sunlight so that changcong would not be able to write. zong yueh waited until changcong would have to answer him, but he was surprise to see changcong move his seat over and continued writing. zong yueh observed the man carefully since he approached him and never once did changcong's face flinched while he talked to him. was it possible that his suspicion was wrong?

realizing that the tournament was about to begin, zong yueh gave up and returned to his friends to offer them his support. after he walked away, changcong glanced at his back briefly. how he wanted to slap that zong yueh lad and hurt him for criticizing his father. how dare he? he thought to himself, "one of these days, i will get you back for insulting my father! so you better be careful." changcong roughly turned his book to the end and wrote down the word "idiot" for he did not know how else to release his frustration without bringing attention to himself. afterwards he felt better as he imagined ways to punish zong yueh.
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

Posted by kidd
    Ever since Li Xiao Sheng saw Zong Yueh talking to Lam Changcong and heard Li Kang's comment about him, she has been interested in what going on between the Zong Yueh and Lam Changcong. Thus, she reverted her intention back to Lam Changcong's direction after saying goodbye to her friends. She saw the historian kept writing on her book without paying attention to Zong Yueh while Zong Yueh kept talking. After a while, she saw the historian moved away from Zong Yueh, and Zong Yueh, getting no response finally left. Then she saw a most surprising thing. The old historian, who all this while seemed to not take any notice of Zong Yueh, glanced back at Zong Yueh after he left and then turned his book roughly to the back and wrote something on it. The old man's expression has turned from a previously calm one to one filled with anger.

What did Brother Zong Yueh said to him to make him so angry? And why did he hide his anger from Brother Zong Yueh?" pondered Li Xiao Sheng.
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

posted by Single Whip
    After leaving the historian, Zhong Yueh quickly found his way to where the Wudang fighters are. He quickly greeted Yu Lian Zhou, " How are you leader Yu, thank you for having the confidence to choose me to represent Wudang in the competition. Regarding what happen four years ago, I.."

"Don't worry," said Yu Lian Zhou with a warm smile, "You will always be a disciple of Wudang. Plus I've heard of your help to elder Huang yesterday."

Zhong Yueh then focus his attention to the stage where the competition is about to begin. "So it is Shaolin against Wudang. I wonder who my opponent will be?"
    He then cast a sweeping glance to the Shaolin group, wondering how the tournament will turn out.

Posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    Li Kang found himself in deep thought moments before the tournament. The fear of his illness had finally come back to haunt him.

"What if I'm really not in fighting condition? But eversince I've taken the medicine, I havn't had any pain," thought Li.

He began to think of the events that happened the past few days. From his meeting with the Wang brothers to Li Xiao Sheng. After awhile, mind mind once again focused on Lam Chongcong and that look that was given to him after he brushed against the old historian.

"Odd.....now that a think of it, Lam smelled like he was wearing some sort of perfume. Why would a man wear perfume?"

Li's thought process was broken when a voice drew his attention to the stage.

Posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    After a few moments, rge matches were finally deciided. The first round would be Bei Xing, Shue Yun Zen, and he against three members of the Beggar's Clan. The three member nominated for the clan were Mu Zhan Yuan, Happy Beggar, and the current clan leader. Now each time had to elect a represenative to go up and fight.

"If you all don't mind, I'd like to fight in the firrst round," said Li.

With a simple nod from his team, Li made his way to the stage, sword in hand. Once on the stage, Li stood face to face with the man known as Happy Beggar.

Posted by sickz
    Shi Mulang had been oblivious at the tournament, he had not done anything that

would draw any attention towards him... until this moment when the beggar clan

leader suddenly collapsed and vomitting out blood. Everyone quickly drew

attention to the clan leader, it seemed see had been poisoned in her food.

though the posion was not severe, it caused some harmful inner damage, to the

point it would only get progressively worse if she particpated in the tournament.

The beggars clan was in schock as they now had to find a new representative

from the clan.

Smilingly Shi Mulang spoke projecting quite a strong wave of inner

strength "Fellow brothers if no one objects I would like to take the place of

our 'unwell' clan leader in the tournament, I will do my best for the clan"

None of the beggars could find a reason to stop Shi Mulang from particpating,

given that he had certainly been one of the strongest in the clan and was

considered an elder.

Shi Mulang three days earler had set poison in the leaders wine, a poison

from japan that was colourless and odourless that would not be discovered

unless examined carefully. The poison would take effect on the third day, he knew

that if he'd tried to set poison very near the conference, the food and wine would

surely be examined thoroughly, so he had to act carefully.

Posted by IcyFox
    Just then the Shaolin Abott stood up and faced Priest Yu. He said, "Revered Priest, perhaps we could proceed with our match now. With more than 1 matches ongoing simultaneously, the Leader of Wulin can be decided more quickly."

Priest Yu said, "Good! That's what Wudang has in mind too. I see the field over there is suitable for the match. This way, please!" The Abott walked over and bowed, "Please."

The Wudang and Shaolin groups then walked briskly to the clearing indicated by Priest Yu. When they got there, the Abott said, "As leaders of our respective sects, we should start it off. What do you say, Priest Yu?"

Priest Yu laughed, "Well said! Alright, let this Taoist spar with you. Please be generous with your pointers." He then summoned his qi and waved his hands to form a defensive stance. The Abott asked, "Is that a Tai Chi stance?" Priest Yu said, "No, this is from White Crane Fists. Only talented disciples can learn Tai Chi. I fear I'm not talented enough."

The Abott said, "Very well. Please excuse my clumsy display of the Dragon's Claws." He formed 2 claws with his hands and jumped towards Priest Yu. Priest Yu leapt aside swiftly and lightly just like an agile white crane.

Posted by Druid
    " Now now, is there really a need for tears boy? Say... Is that really Zhou Zhi Rou up there?" asked Zhaomin as she spotted ZZR on the platform.

"Yes mother. That is grandmaster Zhou Zhi Rou of Er-mei sec."

"Hmmm. Good, she is on time as agreed. Oh yea before i forget, your master wants me to pass you this." with that Zhaomin gave Jian Yi a small slip of paper.

"Huh? What is this?" asked a shocked Jian Yi.

" How am I to know? Cant be a "I miss you so much my dear Jian Yi" kinda letter for sure."

"Hahaha, You have not change much Mother.just like before. By the way, how is master? Is he here with you?"

"Nope he is not here. Oh you know, busy trying to learn 9yin Zhen Jing... trying to balance his yang and yin togther... chopping wood, washing his clothes. You know the usual." replied Zhaomin matter of factly.

"He what?!!!"

" Opps! what did I say? oh look!, Elder Yu is fighting with a monk. Hey... that young shaolin monk is kinda cute. Hmmm" commented Zhaomin as she pointed to Juai Sangzheng.

"Elder Yu is fighting already? That means Wudang is fighting too...." Jian Yi said in a rather confused tone.

"Say mother..." as Jian Yi turned around, Zhaomin had vanished. Just like a ghost.

" What in heavens name is happening?!" Jian Yi nearly screamed.

Posted by IcyFox
    The Abott and Priest Yu speedily exchanged many moves and soon became 2 blur figures whizzing around the field like a mighty dragon and a rapid crane continually encircle each other.

The palm and claw winds generated by the 2 masters forced the spectators to move back, causing the radius of the sparring match to increase to several zhang. Still, it was a brilliant fight and the spectators wildly cheered and clapped.

Just then Priest Yu momentarily dropped his alertness and failed to dodge a blow by the Abott. The Abott's claw made its way through and struck Priest Yu's shoulder, sealing an accupoint. But the Abott let down his guard by this minor victory and allowed Priest Yu to step on his toe, spraining it.

They quickly jumped apart and laughed. Priest Yu jabbed his shoulder to clear the accupoint while the Abott tried to rub his toe discreetly. Once done they cupped their hands and invited each other to take a seat.

The Abott said, "Priest Yu surely lives up to his name. The White Crane Fists is indeed spectacular." Priest Yu smiled, "The same must be said for the Abott. The Dragon Claws remains a top martial arts skill in Jiang Hu."

Zhou Zhi Ruo walked up to them and said, "I trust the 2 masters are fine. Please invite the next contestants forward for the match."

Priest Yu said, "Ouyang Ri. It's your turn." The Abott said, "Juai Sangzheng. You'll go." The respective contestants said "Yes!" together. Priest Yu then said, "Remember, exercise tolerance." The Abott continued, "And refrain from violence."

The 2 stepped into the field and cupped their hands...

Posted by druid
    Although very confused, Jian Yi regained his composure in a short while. (Most likely due to stares from nearby pugilists)

"Hmmm, elder Yu could have won in his first stroke, if he had gone straight for the abbot's Ling Tai point with "the crane scoopes up with its beak". I guess its out of respect that the both party came to a draw. " thought Jian Yi, as he glanced towards to the next two fighters.

"Ah! Its brother Ouyang Ri... Should be an interesting fight... Wait... that Monk's inner qi... I sense trances of Yang in it... could he be one of the three that i sense earlier?"

Posted by Excelsior
    Back outside the city entrance 11 miles under a willow tree.

“Go to the river nearby and fetch me some water. This sweltering heat and the lack of fresh reports from our insider messenger are taking a toll on me. I must conserve my energy so as to end my feud with Zhang Wu Ji.” Shen Mo told Huang Long as he sat motionless in his meditating position.

Huang Long plucked a leave from the nearby banana tree and twisted it into the shape of a cone and scooped the crystal clear water from the river. He took a sip from the makeshift cup and the refreshing liquid slid down his throat. It was refreshing and sweet. Just a few steps away Huang Long saw an elderly man standing in the river half-naked bathing. Curious as he was to find out if this man had any ill intentions towards his master, he walked forward.

“Hi there old mister, how are you, do you live in this woods? My master and I are traveling to the nearby city for the Heroes Conference, do you by any chance know if there are any other heroes living nearby?” asked Huang Long politely.

“Oh the Heroes Conference, I am not too sure that there are any other fellow brothers living nearby, as I just happen to be around here.” replied the old man as he continued to move his arms all over his body.

Being almost totally submerged it was almost impossible for Huang Long to feel any Qi vibrations that were produced by the old man. Huang Long thought to himself “This old man doesn’t look like he knows any kongfu and I don’t think Shen Mo would have any trouble dealing with him. I think I would just walk away and report the matter to Shen Mo.”

With his hands clenched together Huang Long bade farewell to the old man and took the water to his master, “Dear old mister I have to go now to deliver the water to my master. Sorry for troubling you. May we meet again?”

Carrying the makeshift cup filled with water Huang Long returned to the side of his “master”. “What took you so long?” grumped Shen Mo as he took the makeshift cup from Huang Long’s hands.
    “Master I saw an elderly man bathing in the river nearby. I couldn’t feel any Qi from him as he was underwater, I doubt he has any ill intentions.” replied Huang Long showing a bit of displeasure of not even a thank you from Shen Mo.

“Oh and do you think that he will even pose a threat to me?” laughed Shen Mo as he drank the water in huge glups.

“Hello again young lad!” cam a familiar voice from behind Huang Long. It was the elderly man who was bathing in the river just now.

“Hello again old sir, this is my master, Shen Mo.” said Huang Long pointing at Shen Mo still sitting cross-legged under the tree.

Shen Mo rose from his position and clenched both hands in respect and bowed his head a little. “My respects to you old sir. Are you going to the Heroes Conference too?” asked Shen Mo politely.

Huang Long stood there baffled, “When did Shen Mo ever talked to someone so respectfully?” he asked himself. The elderly man just laughed and shook his head conveying his message clearly.

“Anyway old sir, me and my disciple must make haste to the Heroes Conference alas we may miss it. Till fate may we meet again.” And with a flick of his overcoat, Shen Mo turned around and walked towards the city gates which were visible by now.

Posted by flying_phoenix
    Juai Sangzheng carefully observed his opponent Ouyang Ri from a distance, as the two prepared to face off.
    "merciful buddha" calmly spoke Juai Sangzheng as the two prepared their stances.
    Ouyang Ri said softly "Good luck" before the two commenced in there duel.
    Juai Sangzheng was swiftly into an open stance where he could attack and defend with the same efficiency.
    Ouyang Ri attempted to quickly attack Juai Sangzheng with a palm attack filled with most of his inner power. Juai Sangzheng quickly responded by throwing out a defensive palm technique, upon impact Ouyang Ri felt a massive wave of qi pushing him backwards even though he had been the aggressor and Juai Sangzheng merely responded with a gentle defensive palm.
    Ouyang Ri knowingly that his opponent had much superior internal energy that he began attacking with multiple strokes that relied on sheer speed and perfect timing to try and gain an upper hand on the duel.
    His strokes was filled with precise rhythm aiming for Juai Sangzheng's main acupoints in an attempt to seal them.
    Juai Sangzheng had been easily able to observe all the flaws in Ouyang Ri's attacks and each stroke was effortlessly countered with one of the techniques from Shaolin's 72 supreme arts.
    After countless attacks, Ouyang Ri saw that his opponent had not even broken a sweat and yet he had been going all out in vain, he quietly stepped back and complimented "great martial arts! I am much to far below your abilities, I do not think its wise to continue this fight'
    Ouyang Ri then proceeded back to where the Wudang disciples had been seated.

Posted by Single Whip
    Now Reverend Kong Shian was facing Wang Zhong Yueh in the third match between Shaolin and Wudang. Reverend Kong Shian is the current head of Lohan Hall and is famous for his Lohan fist style.

"Reverend, "Zhong Yueh said, " Instead of fighting how about we have a friendly competition?" "What do you have in mind?" said the reverend.
    "Your Lohan style relies on quickness and hardness. The style is famous for attacking at a close distance in one moment, then quickly retreating before the enemy's attack could reach you before attacking again at a suprising angle. Meanwhile my Tai Chi style relies on yielding and following the enemy's intention. What I am proposing is this: Without trading punches or kicks, I will try to "stick" to you and follow your movement, while you will try get rid of my hand from sticking or following you. If you suceed within 100 moves, then you win. What do you think?"

"Ha ha, this is a good idea. I agree. Mr Zhong Yueh please!" Kong Shian said while putting out his hand. Zong Yueh then lightly touched the back of his wrist to the back of the reverend's wrist. "Please start reverend!"

Posted by Single Whip
    Immediately Reverend Kong Shian moved using the first Lohan moves, that spreads both of his hands in different direction although the fist itself was not directed towards Zhong Yueh. Zhong Yueh quickly stick to the two hands separately using the move taming the tiger. Seeing how he cannot get rid of Zhong Yueh's hand, the reverend jump back quickly, retracting his hands and instead using a sweeping move to guard the enemy, again none of the sweep would have touched the Wudang fighter. Using his "listening energy" Zhong Yueh jumped forward while continue to stick to the right hand. He made a circular move to the left in the air so that the sweep would not stop him from sticking.

The reverend move more and more vigorously, jumping, twisting and moving his hands in all direction. From afar it is as if he has eight hands. yet Zong Yueh's hand remained touching the reverend.

Finally, after the 99th move, the reverend made a loud shout and using his internal energy created an energy shield around his body. This is the highest skill of Shaolin's diamond armor body. At its peak, the enemy's fist would not even be able to touch his body. Only a few people have mastered this skill throughout history. Immediately Zhong Yueh's hand was pushed out and he himself had to take several steps back to brace the impact.

The reverend then said. "Mr Zhong Yueh, you have a marvelous skill, but you have lost today." Zhong Yueh said smiling, "Not necessarily, look what I have in my hand." The reverend looked at Zhong Yueh's hand and he saw him hoding a golden thread extending from his robe. "Ah! So Shaolin have lost." the reverend said surprised.

At the last moment before his hand was pushed out, Zhong Yueh managed to pull out a lose thread from the reverend's robe, and therefore as long as he is holding the thread, using his listening energy skill, he can still follow the reverend's
    movement and intention.

"actually, in a real fight, I would have been defeated." said Zhong Yueh. How about this, for the next round, lets combined the Shaolin and Wudang's fighter to formed one team. Your disciple who beat brother Ouyang before looks quite formidable. I would love to see him fight in he next round again."

Posted by jianhu_xiaoyao
    Yuen Jie was carefully observing the martial arts dealt by Shaolin and Wudang, and couldnt be helped but feeling quite impressed at some of the showings.
    Out of the corner of her eye, she saw an anonymouse man staring in her direction and giggling. Provoked by such an disgusting act, in a fit of fury she used he blinding qing gong and and went over to the man, without a word she stuck him with a powerful palm causing the man to go flying backwards and began vomitting out blood.

Posted by swordfreak
    The pugilists were shocked by such an act before them...

Meanwhile one of Yao hu Shuan's servants brought a little note for him.

Yao Hu Shuan swiftly opened the note and began smiling as he swallowed the note.

the note had said "Master your orders have bee executed, our brothers have blended into the various sects without any notice. We have the whole place surrounded awaiting your next orders - Lu Nankai"

Yao Hu Shuan at that moment could not but laugh Vigorously at the sight heroes conference as it is now...

He tilt his vision around in various directions observing the female pugilists that had been on show at the heroes conference.

He could not help but be fixated on Shui Xiang's stunning beauty as he had been attracted to her for as long as he could remember first seeing her.

Also caught in his eye was Shui Qing, Ban Meihua, Li Xiao Sheng, and Ching Yuan. he thought to himself "When will I have the opprotunity to enjoy these beatiful ladies? Surely after our plans have been achieved and wulin is conquered! Then these luscious ladies will be at my great merciful self!"

Posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    Happy Beggar was not aware of what had happened to the Clan Leader so he went on with the fight as if everything were normal.

After exchanging a few formalities, Li and Happy Beggar assumed fighting stance. Beggar fought with a staff and Li with his bamboo sword. Both fighters extended their weapons towards eachother and Happy Beggar was the first to attack.

Happy beggar made a quick jab with his staff and in turn, Li met the jap with the tip of his sword. Suddenly the two were engaged in a battle of qi. With minimal effort, Li was able to plunge his sword into the beggar's staff and with a flick of his wrist, the staff exploded into many splinters.

All who had witnessed this, were amazed at how quick Li defeated his opponent.

"I certainly am no match for you," said Happy Beggar as he cupped his hands and bowed to Li. Li extended the same gesture and both walked off the stadium.

Posted by yang_kang
    Bei Xing stared at extreme power of brother Li Kang's qi, it had easily defeated that of the happy beggars.
    "Li Kangs qi is certainly impressive even though he has tuberculosis" thought Bei Xing.

Posted by druid
    " That monk has truly strong inner. I would very much like to duel with him given the chance. So it seems that Wudang and Shaolin has form a coalition of sorts. This should be very interesting..." Thought Jian Yi.

"Ah Brother Li's inner qi is really amazing, had it not been for his disease, he would have easliy defeat me in a duel. I wonder how brother BeiXing would fare..."

Posted by Extremer88
    "Da Tou whispered to his surbodinates, "Look at both Shaolin and Wudang, they really live up to their names as the most influential sects in Wulin. If both masters Damo and Zhang Sanfeng were still alive, we would have plenty of trouble and difficulty dealing with them."