Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Wuxia RPG2 story unabridged...

Posted by IcyFox
    Meanwhile, 3 miles south of the tournament venue, 1100 Hours

=====

A very ordinary looking man and a servant strolled towards a tree. His servant lay a mat down and the man sat down and closed his eyes. He seemed not to hear the horsemen gallop past him.

He wagged his finger and the servant bent down. He said, "Later, you'll make sure no one bothers me when I'm busy. For now we'll wait here. Do you know what to do if anyone tries to stop me?"

The servant replied, "Yes. Kill them all." They were indeed Shen Mo and Tian Huang Long.
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

Posted by kidd
    Zhou Zhiruo stand up and shouted, "Ladies and gentlemen, we will have only ten more minutes left before the start of the tournament. Can we have the groups in a minute's time?"....

Hearing this, Li Kang, Bei Xing, Zhong Yue and Xiao Sheng stopped the discussion.

"The tournament is going to start any time soon, and that boy Shue Yun Zen has still not come back with his answer." said Bei Xing with a frown. "I'll go look for him."

"Let us go together. It will save time. If he agrees, we will report our members to Nun Zhou right away." replied Li Kang. Then he turned to Li Xiao Sheng and Wang Zhong Yueh (who was standing beside each other) and asked "Brother Zong Yueh, if that boy Shue Yun Zen refused to join us, will you join in?"

Li Kang was very eager to fight Xie Junh Lang and didn't want to miss the chance just because they couldn't get enough members to join. He would have like to ask Li Xiao Sheng too to increase the chances of participation, but he didn't know Li Xiao Sheng's martial art level, thus, didn't want to put her at risk, especially when she's his 'en ren' (a person who has help him significantly).

Wang Zong Yeuh, knowing how strong Bei Xing's and Li Kang's desire to fight Xie Junh Lang was, didn't want to disappoint them. So, he agreed to Li Kang's request.

"Let's go. There's not much time left". Bei Xing reminded everyone.

"You guys go. I'll stay here and wait for Brother Jian Yi". said Xiao Sheng.

"All right. You be careful." said Zong Yue and all three were gone.
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

posted by Strife_au
    Shue Yun was in deep thought about whether or not to help Li Kang and co to participate in the tournament.

"It is indeed enticing for myself to fight in the tournament, for long have I practiced divine martial arts yet I have not displayed even a slight bit of it. I suppose I should help them for they righteous and virtuous people, it would also be a good idea to gauge the power of my opponents upfront for it holds the key of many benefits for me." Shue Yun thought to himself

He had heard Zhou Zi Rou had announced the tournament was going to begin very shortly and saw that Bei Xing was approaching.

"Ahh brother Shue Yun have you made your decision yet about whether to join us?" asked Bei Xing politely.

"Yes, it would be my honour to join with you brothers and particpate in this tournament. Although my skills is far below you brothers, I shall help out whenever needed" replied Shue Yun humbily.

"Thats excellent to hear, I think we should proceed now for it is nearly time" spoke Bei Xing

Posted by fzer0
    Shui Qing had been seated carefully observing the on-going happenings at the tournament. Her eyes switched over to her mother Shui Xiang who was busy organizing things.
    "Mother, sorry for querying but what do you intend to do at this Heroes Conference?" asked Shui Qing.
    Shui Xiang immediately turned around with a darkish smile "Of course to become the Wulin leader, with the support from how friendly Japanese sect Muo Lang sect. Master Te Yi Lang of the sect is fully supportive of my plans. We will particpate in the tournament and achieve victory"

Posted by patricia n
    "zzr had waited patiently for some time and it was only a matter of mere minutes before the final list was gathered with the names of the fighters organized into groups." lam changcong placed his pen down briefly and observed the noisy scene. there were competitors who panicked as they were still attempting to form groups.

from nowhere, a voiced yelled, "orthodox sect indeed! you are a bunch of turtles!" changcong's heart leapt for he recognized the voice to be none other then his father.

the leaders of the sects looked as each other. who would dare interfere with such an important event in wulin?

a figure from afar quickly ran towards the gathering and leapt, stepping on several heads as he gathered more momentum to levitate closer and closer to the platform until he finally landed and laughed mockingly. he turned to face each of the sect leaders and said loudly, "orthodox sect. very absurd indeed!"

the various sect leaders widened their eyes when they saw him. zzr muttered, "crazy old man yeung?"

one of the er mei disciples heard her and asked, "grandmaster, didn't you say he died five years ago?"

the shaolin abbot stood majestically and calmly said, "merciful buddha."

the man with the wild gray hair and wild gray beard walked towards the abbot menacingly and spat out, "don't waste my time with your pretense!"

the crowd observed the scene while some continued to gather names for the groups. also from below, shui dou yi stepped closer to the platform to look at the stranger's color and thought, "how interesting...he looks terribly yellow and sick yet he is able to stand on the platform and threaten all of the great sect leaders."

the abbot shook his head and said, "guest, there must be some misunderstanding."

the man with the wild gray hair and wild gray beard interrupted him and screamed, "there is no misunderstanding!" he swiftly turned around and pointed his finger at every single leader and exclaimed, "you each are to blame for my wife's and daughter's deaths!"

the leaders looked at each other worriedly. they all knew crazy old man yeung possessed incredible martial arts skills and his executions were always exact and deadly. one stroke to the chest could easily cause one of the wulin sect leaders to suffer heavy injury to the internal organs. and his skills could easily handle three of the wulin leaders. unfortunately, the leaders had the heavy responsibility of passing the wulin leadership to a new person that day, and they all had to save their strength to protect wulin if an unorthodox sect decided to take over the position. never had they anticipate to see their one dreaded enemy that day!

they thought he had died five years ago one night when he snuck into shaolin in an attempt to kill the abbot. fortunately, the leaders were there to celebrate the abbot's one hundreth birthday and stopped crazy old man yeung in time. his injuries were heavy and no one sought to pursue him. since no one had heard from him in five years, they had all presumed he was dead.

finally, zzr spoke, "hero yeung, what happened to your wife was an unfortunate and unexpected incident. but do not blame us for your daughter's death. we know nothing about it."

wu dang's leader continued, "your husband and wife couple were stealing each of our sect's martial arts manual and learning the kung fu from it. we could not sit in the background and watch you and your wife steal the manuals from our brother and sister sects."

the crowd looked at the crazy old man with interest and some looked at him with admiration. the man looked no older than fifty yet he achieved the impossible task of sneaking into the most powerful sects and stealing their martial arts manual.

the old man "hmph" and listened no more as he began to mount an attack towards zzr.

changcong sat in his chair helplessly. he had never seen crazy old man yeung fight before and wondered how long he would be able to last against the sect leaders. he slid his right hand into his left sleeve and searched for the poisonous needles. even though it took him five years to build his reputation as the best historian, he would give it all up blindly if it meant that he could save his father. he carefully looked at each sect leader and knew that the best chance he had of blackmailing anyone would be the shaolin abbot as he was closest to changcong. fortunately, no one was ever suspicious of him because he had the reputation of being neutral since the start of his career. if and when necessary, he would throw the projectiles at his father's opponents and use his sword to threaten the abbot.

the leaders joined in and fought against crazy old man yeung although they were careful not to exert themselves too much. wu dang's leader yelled out, "we cannot let this last or else we may use up too much energy." the others understood his intention but they did not know how to subdue him, for he knew their martial arts and was able to oppose their movements.

changcong looked at his father and masked his amazement, "no wonder papa always told me to be patient with learning martial arts." never would he imagine that his dragonfly sword stance was a combination of all of the sects' secret martial arts, "that's why i felt the er mei's disciples swordskill was similar to mine."

suddenly, changcong let out a soft chuckle. a shaolin disciple heard him and asked, "elder lam, this is such a critical event. how could you laugh at a moment like this?"

changcong shook his head, "during my entire career as a historian, i don't think i have ever witnessed a fight where all of the orthodox sect leaders gathered to fight one man who they deem as crazy."

the leaders concentrated on the fight against crazy old man yeung yet they could clearly hear the mockery behind the historian's comment. they blushed as they were embarrassed and knew that the crowd also heard the comment.

from below, da tou, yuen jie, and xie junh lang smiled to themselves for this was beyond their expectations. yuen jie said in his girly voice, "we need to thank that crazy old man yeung for helping us."

xie junh lang laughed along with him, "that crazy old man yeung may be more useful than we think."

da tou nodded his head, though he was blind, he was no less sinister and dangerous than his companions, "i believe master would like for us to kidnap that man to learn all of the sects' skills."

suddenly, a child's cry could be heard among the crowd. crazy old man yeung looked down and saw a five year old child, "ching ching!" he quickly exerted more internal energy and palmed the two leaders closest to him, injurying them heavily then he somersaulted towards the girl. crazy old man yeung possessed great internal energy but he was able to escape the leaders because they were still stunned by changcong's insulting comment and could not bring themselves to chase after him, especially in front of the crowd. what would the rest of wulin think?

grabbing the five year old girl, crazy old man yeung looked back at the platform and yelled, "i will come back for your lives!" and he somersaulted away with the girl, leaving her mother in panic as she tried to run after him.

yuen jie wondered, "da tou, what do we do?"

da tou replied, "it's obvious. the boss wants us to stay and get the heaven sword and destroy the orthodox sects. we will deal with that man later."

the crowd felt a rush of excitement after having witnessed a remarkable fight on the platform.

Posted by patricia n
    the abbot bowed his head and chanted "merciful buddha" when he saw his injured friends struggle to their seats.

shui dou yi saw the two leaders and was torn. he was afraid that if he revealed himself too soon, his enemies would recognize him, but he knew he had to help the leaders. however, seeing that the leaders were meditating, he felt comforted in knowing that he could wait until later to treat them.

hero cheung stood up once again, "what has happened just right now is very unforunate. however, before the start of the heroes conference, all of the sect leaders up here have already committed their lives to help wulin and jiang hu by promising to select the ideal and proper candidate to be the next wulin hero. so despite their injuries, the two leaders have decided to stay and observe the event. we have also decided to continue with grandmaster zzr's rules. please bring up the list now. those whose names are not on the list will be excluded from this event."

lam changcong sat silently in his seat. how would he find shui dou yi? and how would he find his father after he finds shui dou yi? nevertheless, he was glad his father escaped unharmed and he could continue to hide under his current identity.

Posted by kidd
    Besides the mother, several people present have also tried to run after the crazy old man to save the little girl. But this action of the old man was too unexpected that many people was stunned from reacting immediately. When they got out of their shock and ran after the old man, he has already gone too far and finally vanished with the little girl.

The mother can still be heard crying hysterically and begging people around her to get her daughter back. Several people were seen trying to console her and calm her down.

Hearing Hero Cheung so calmly continuing with competition without a mention of the kidnapped little girl or doing anything about it, Li Kang cannot help but feel a little disgusted. He, Bei Xing and Shue Yun Zhen were part of the several people who have tried to save the little girl, but too late.

Suddenly thought of Li Xiao Sheng and Wang Jian Yi, Li Kang scanned the area to see where they were. He couldn't see Wang Jian Yi anywhere, but saw Li Xiao Sheng coming in from the entrance of tournament area looking very down.

Li Xiao Sheng has also ran after the old man trying to save the little girl. She followed him until a little way outside the tournament area, but the old man was very fast and too far ahead. She lost sight of him moments later. She has ran along the direction where the old man has vanished to, in hope of catching him again, but to no avail. So, she went sadly back to the tournament area, worried about the little girl.

When she entered the tournament area, the organiser has already continued on with the tournament. She also saw the mother crying hysterically. Seeing that there were already several people consoling her, Xiao Sheng went ahead to meet up with her friends again.

Posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    Seeing as how the tournament was still going forward, Li got very angry and ran up to Cheung.

"How can you go on like this?!?! Didn't you see what just happened? As the current leader of Wulin, why didn't you step in?!?!" screamed Li furiously

People were very surprised to see this outburst of emotion. They couldn't believe that someone would dare talk to the Leader of Wulin in such a tone.

Posted by strife_au
    Shue yun had heard about the infamous crazy old man Yueng roaming Jian Hu he thought to himself smilingly
    "So that is the infamous hero Yueng, his pugilistic skills is quite exceptional.. the ease which he was able to fight all those wulin elders and then escape with such light foot work."
    His focus went back on the tournament, but he could help but wonder after he had caught glimpses of historian Lam Changcong's reaction when the the carnage arose...

Posted by patricia n
    hero cheung smiled gently and said, "brother, even before i stepped up onto the platform, we have sent a group to follow elder yeung. however, to prevent more distractions during the heroes conference, we did not seek help to retrieve the young girl. but i promise you that i will not rest until i bring the girl back to her mom."

and li kang felt assured knowing that wulin had such a great man to be their leader and he wondered if the next leader would be as righteous and fair.

Posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    Feeling embarrassed for his reactions, Li apologised, but Cheung told him not to worry and that it was right for him to have felt that way. He made his way back to his seat.

On his way back, he noticed that Xie Junh Lanh and company, were whispering amongst themselves. It was evident by their mannerisms that they didn't want anyone to hear them.

"I wonder what they're up to?..............I can't wait till this thing gets started. If i had been in the shape that I'm in now, that Xie fellow wouldn't have even been able to touch me," thought Li as he sat down in his chair.

Posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    "Attention all in attendence, it is now time to turn in your formations. Only those listed will be able to participate. Now if you would kindly hand the slips to my disciples, we will begin the tournament," announced Zhou Zhi Ruo.

Three of Zhou Zhi Ruo's disciples made their way around to each group and collected the formations. They then proceeded to hand the papers over to Zhou Zhi Ruo.

"Before we start, Would all who are competing make their way to the specially reserved seats next to the arena?" said Zhou Zhi Ruo as she gestured towards the seats.

"Now for some rules so that nothing gets out of hand..............................." says Zhi Ruo.

Posted by kidd
    After hearing that Hero Cheung has despatched people to look for the little girl, Xiao Sheng felt more relieved. She hope that nothing will happen to the little girl before Hero Cheung's men find her. She tend focus her attention back to the tournament.

"I wonder who will the guys duel with." pondered Xiao Sheng.

Posted by xsniper
    Xie Junh Lang caught a glimpse of Li Kang as he passed by and snickered to himself "If it weren't for masters orders, I would surely rip you and your group to pieces in the tournament... but I will have my chance today for certain my powers are beyond your wildest imaginations"

"Be patient, you will get the violence you desire" said Yuen Jie in a feminine voice.

posted by druid
    Orginally, Jian Yi wanted to find out more about Huai Suan and Zhi Ming's background. However as the distance between them shorten, Huai Suan and Zhi Ming both cast a glance at him and move away... to the platform, where they submitted a piece of paper to ZZR.

"So it seems that both of them will be fighting. Good. I will then know for sure if one of them has indeed learned the art of 9yang." thought Jian Yi as his eyes stayed on Huai Suan and Zhi Ming for a few seconds before his attention was caught by the urging of his 9yang. Instantly, his eyes swept towards the platform and saw a few of the elders fighting with an old man.

"Good moves! It seems like a mixture of different schools and clans's Kung Fu..."

As the thought entered Jian Yi's mind, the old man was off the stage, injuring afew elders and carrying a young girl away.

"Impressive Qing Gong! If not for xie junh lang and gang, i would have gone after the old man. Sigh! I do hope that the little girl is well and will not be harmed."

"Greetings Jian Yi!" a voice came from behind...

Posted by druid
    At once, Jian Yi froze. He could not breathe, think or react. All he could manage was to stare.

"Its been a long time. How have you been? Come on now, you were not mute the last time I saw you. Say something! Oh... and did I ever told you it is extremely rude to stare at a person, a lady in particular in that manner that you are doing now?"

"I.. I... Well... " was all Jian Yi could manage to utter.

" Yes yes, I know you are dumbstruck. Tons of questions to ask me right? We'll get to that a little later if we are lucky. For now, please! For heaven's sake please stop staring at me as if I'm naked or something!"

"Yes.. I'll try... I've miss you Mother... and master too." replied Jian Yi as tears flowed down his eyes...

Posted by tian_ming
    After Zhou Zhi Rou spoke of the rules which the competitors must obey and comply with, raising her voice she said out loud so everyone could hear "Wulin brothers and sisters, it is time for the tournament to officially begin! we have the names of eight groups competing in the competition, without further a do we shall have the first match of tournament"
    Everyones hearts were beating loudly.

Posted by Single Whip
    Zong Yueh also saw the weird reaction of Lam Changchong's during the distraction by the crazy old man. "Hmm, let me see if he is really a neutral party after all. This should be fun." he thought.

Since he had to meet the Wudang group anyway, he quickly wish everybody goodluck in the tournament and left his friends. Instead of directly going to where the Wudang people are gathered, he passed near where the historian is sitting. "Hello master Lam, its nice to meet you again." He said.

Lam Changchong of course recognized him, and gave a quick nod hoping that Wang Zong Yueh would go away without bothering him.

Instead, Zong Yueh stopped and said, " What do you think of that old crazy person? He seems to be a really bad person, he said that everyone is to blame for his wife and daughter's death. Hmmph personally, I feel sorry for whomever became his wife and daughter. Plus his kung fu is really not that good. He managed to hurt some people by attacking in surprise and taking a girl hostage."

Zong Yueh said all that in a casual conversational tone while smiling. But secretly he was paying close attention to the historian's face to see his reaction.

Posted by kidd
    Li Xiao Sheng saw Zong Yueh talking to a middle age man and wondered who he was.

"Who is that man Brother Zong Yueh is talking to, Brother Li Kang?" asked Xiao Sheng.

"He is Lam ChangCong, a wulin a historian. As far as I know, he was invited here by the E-mei Sect to record the going-ons of this Conference. A very temperamental man. Gets offended over small little things". answered Li Kang, adding in a little opinion of his own. Li Xiao Sheng's question has recalled him to his last encounter with the weird historian.

"Brother Li, we better go to the contestants section now. The tournament is going to start any minute." reminded in Bei Xing.

"Ahh, yes, we better go. Lets go, Brother Shue and Brother Bei." said Li Kang smilingly. He's heart is filled with excitement now. "This will be a great tournament." he tought.

Thus, Shue Yun Zen, Bei Xing and Li Kang said goodbye to Szema Fei, Ching Yun and Li Xiao Sheng, who in turn wish them luck, and went on their way to the contestants section.

Posted by sickz
    Shi Mulang was in great anticipation as he had sneaked into the beggars clan as an elder, he thought to himself 'today I will break wulin!'