Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Most Heroic/Romantic/Selfless/Powerful/Cunning/etc. Hero In Wuxia Novels

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default The Most Heroic/Romantic/Selfless/Powerful/Cunning/etc. Hero In Wuxia Novels

This thread "The Most Heroic/Romantic/Selfless/Powerful/Cunning/etc. Hero In Wuxia Novels" is something I decided to make so that all heroes from both Jin Yong and Gu Long novels could be known. Who is the most heroic hero? Romantic? Selfless? Greedy? Stupid? Handsome? Name them !

Heroic Xiao Feng?
    he killed himself to protect the the country, people that condemned him but he had love for the han

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by shipotian
    Heroic Xiao Feng?
    he killed himself to protect the the country, people that condemned him but he had love for the han
    Heroic & Selfless - XF

What do you think WXB is?

HR - Witty/Cunning

Heroic - Xiao Feng, Guo Jing, Yan Nantian, Shen Lang
    ..ext88

Heroic and Selfess -- Not a protagonist or a martial artist, but that Indian monk in ROCH stands out as a Hero in my mind
    havent come up with a good one yet..

Quote Originally Posted by danshu_
    Heroic and Selfess -- Not a protagonist or a martial artist, but that Indian monk in ROCH stands out as a Hero in my mind
    Hey Dan shu,

Who is that person in your avatar? He looks really looney and weird to me.

WXB = Perverted, Lustful, Anti-Heroic, Selfish, Cunning, Mischievious, A freakin Lucky b--------!
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-16-06 at 03:21 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

coolest: HYS
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Any other Jin Yong characters can compete with HYS for coolest?

Xiao yao pai Wu Ya Zi is ok, but he's hardly intimidating when he sits in a stone box all these years.

OYF was pretty cool but lost by a margin.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Hey Dan shu,

WXB = Perverted, Lustful, Anti-Heroic, Selfish, Cunning, Mischievious, A freakin Lucky b--------!
    Hey! What did WXB do to you? I loved him in all the adaptions so far and I'll continue to love his character . I don't think the adaptions showed WXB's Perverted, Lustful, Anti-Heroic, Selfish, Cunny, Mischievious, A freakin Lucky ?! too well...at least he won't backstab someone...or would he?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Hey Dan shu,

AAAHAHAHA good analysis!! Thats Kuo Chui, aka Philip Kwok, the best old school kungfu actor, playing Zhou Botong!!
    havent come up with a good one yet..

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Hey! What did WXB do to you? I loved him in all the adaptions so far and I'll continue to love his character . I don't think the adaptions showed WXB's Perverted, Lustful, Anti-Heroic, Selfish, Cunny, Mischievious, A freakin Lucky ?! too well...at least he won't backstab someone...or would he?
    Oh come on! Then pray tell what is WXB like in your view? Do you even know what cunning and Mischievious is? And he was never really out there to be heroic, its just the circumstances made him choose this way in order to later get what he wants. He never really sought out to do anything heroic and selfless as in sacrifacing. WXB is the character who doesn't really do anything but is driven to do it because the situations forced him. If he isn't perverted and lustful, then what did he do when he got all of the girls together in one bed, while they're unconscious too?

If he isn't lucky for escaping danger and getting all 7 wives, than what is he?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

heroic- xiao feng
    romantic - wei xiao bo (guy wz 7 wifes should be romantic) ?
    selfless - ?
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,
    For me, it is enough if I
    just breathe in my pure energy."

http://echallengor.blogspot.com

http://ech33.ui2u.com

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    What adaptations did u watch? The adaptation I watch showed WXB to be all that, especially the lustful and lucky part. This guy rapes 7 women in one night and he's not lustful? Other than luck, he also survives all the danger situations due to his cunningness and michieviousness. Wai Xiao Bao is everything the traditional hero is not. That's not anti-heroic? The only debatable point is selfish. I think he can be quite selfless when it comes to the friends he cares about.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

The Most Heroic/Romantic/Selfless/Powerful/Cunning/etc. Hero In Wuxia Novels...hmm...For some reason Xiao Zhao from HSDS came to mind.

Heroic = She gave up being able to be with the one she loved to save everyone...pretty heroic to me

Romantic = Taking care of ZWJ as much as she did? The selfless love that she had that she would do anything for him just to make him happy. Pretty romantic.

Selfless = Read the 2 above

Powerful = She becomes like the world leader of the Ming Sect...how could that NOT be powerful?

Cunning = She managed to memorize the martial arts manual while ZWJ was practicing it. She's frickin' smart and a fast learner. I mean...watching what's her face do the steps and be able to redo it right then and there? Pretty smart...though I don't know if that's the same as cunning...hmm
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

Most Culinary Skilled: Huang Yao Shi, Huang Rong, Shi PoTian

TommyH
    Unregistered

I think any of the Greats could be considered "Powerful" . I agree that WXB is definately Anti-heroic.

Coolest: Wuyazi

Quote Originally Posted by ech33
    heroic- xiao feng
    romantic - wei xiao bo (guy wz 7 wifes should be romantic) ?
    selfless - ?
    guy w/ 7 wives are more like... lustful?

heroic = xiao feng hands down
    cunning = huang rong
    deceptive = zhou zhiruo
    cool = huang yushi, lu xiaofeng
    suave = chu liuxiang
    fatherly = hong 7 gong
    grandfatherly = zhang sanfeng :P
    faithful = xiao feng, yang guo (the two guys who would never leave you, ladies)
    freaky = gongsun's wife from ROCH (lady w/ apple seeds)
    lucky = hu zhu
    unlucky = xiao feng
    selfless = li yuanzhi

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    What adaptations did u watch? The adaptation I watch showed WXB to be all that, especially the lustful and lucky part. This guy rapes 7 women in one night and he's not lustful? Other than luck, he also survives all the danger situations due to his cunningness and michieviousness. Wai Xiao Bao is everything the traditional hero is not. That's not anti-heroic? The only debatable point is selfish. I think he can be quite selfless when it comes to the friends he cares about.
    raping 7 women one night ... holy shiznet

btw fatherly: OYF