Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did the Guos had any surviving descendants?

Default Did the Guos had any surviving descendants?

We know that Guo Jing, Huang Rong and their son, Guo Polu perished when the Mongols' troop finally took down Xiang Yang. According to history, that will be around 10 to 20 years after ROCH. By that time, GJ and HR was almost 70. There was no mentioned of the couple having any grandchildren.

Guo Xiang became a nun and founded E-mei sect, that ruled her out from having any child of her own.

Guo Fu and Yelu Qi had no child by the end of ROCH and we didn't know if they had any offsprings.

Guo Polu was hardly mentioned at all.

Even if they had any child, their descendents would probably stay in Xiang Yang till it was perished. However, the Guos were great heroes in their time and deserved their family line to be carried on.

If I wasn't wrong, XL18Z was almost a forgotten skill in HSDS, perhaps the skill got lost when the Guos perished but could there be a slight chance that someone in the family survived? And if so, where would they be? This is just a random question I have been thinking when I found out GJ and HR died together in Xiang Yang and I hate the idea of good people dying without leaving behind worthy descendants.

and I hate the idea of good people dying without leaving behind worthy descendants.
    Same here. If they had any descendants, then they were most likely living in seclusion since there's hardly anything written on them. But I find it hard to believe that they would not have any form of and contact with Emei Sect which was founded by Guo Xiang. But then again, the descendants of Wu and Zhu family doesn't seem to have any contact with Emei either.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

but i thought the 18palm was inherited by yeluqi. but then again it`s kinda bad to think that the GUO don`t have any descendant after the XIANGYANG battle...at least YANG GUO have...
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,
    For me, it is enough if I
    just breathe in my pure energy."

http://echallengor.blogspot.com

http://ech33.ui2u.com

Quote Originally Posted by ech33
    but i thought the 18palm was inherited by yeluqi. but then again it`s kinda bad to think that the GUO don`t have any descendant after the XIANGYANG battle...at least YANG GUO have...
    Yeah, XL18Z was not lost, it remained with the Beggars' Sect, the last known practitoner was SHL in HSDS.
    ..ext88

Well, his immediate descendants were good enough. What more do you want? A few generations down, the descendants of heroes are often dickheads anyway.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

It's possible that GX and Z3F had a one-night stand and a love child was born...

When all possibilities had been considered we must look to the impossible. This I think is the only way to imagine the Guo family having descendants.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

Many great heroes in history had their bloodline ended. Xiang Yu, Yuan Chonghuan, Wen Tianxiang, etc.

Having the Guo line ended gives them a stronger sense of matyrdom.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

it`s better to have descendant to keep the line flow.

GX & Z3F 1 night, that's great....

but 18palm lost after HSDS .... what a pity...
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

the wu bro's had kids during the sixteen yrs gap but guo fu did not. but possibly she had later but unlikely or they would have shown up in HSDS unless the lady yang was a desendent of both the yang and guo's, since there was an agreement to unite the two family for three generations by ROCH. through if guo fu had any kid's, they would be yelu family.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    the wu bro's had kids during the sixteen yrs gap but guo fu did not. but possibly she had later but unlikely or they would have shown up in HSDS unless the lady yang was a desendent of both the yang and guo's, since there was an agreement to unite the two family for three generations by ROCH. through if guo fu had any kid's, they would be yelu family.
    Yeah and what are the chances of Guo Fu's kids living with their paternal grandparents while their parents are with their maternal grandparents, dying at the Xiang Yang fortress?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

The only place I can think of is Peach Blossom Island. Maybe Guo Polu had kids and they escaped to Peach Blossom Island? I doubt the island was under the control of the Mongols... since Huang Yaoshi could own the island even when Song dynasty was around.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Well, his immediate descendants were good enough. What more do you want? A few generations down, the descendants of heroes are often dickheads anyway.
    I agree. It seems that later descendents of heroes tend to have the biggest egos and become usless to the society. I think I prefer the short line of descendents that do not ruin the Guo family name =D
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

Quote Originally Posted by LTD
    I think I prefer the short line of descendents that do not ruin the Guo family name =D
    Too late. They already had Gwok Fu.

agree, GUO FU is a mess. that kinda sad then since all the martial arts of GUO's lost without someone to carry it forward. as far as i recalled that the only martial arts that were practised after the HSDS era would only be THE MIGHTY FLICKING FINGER that was learnt by XIE YANKE of HAP HAK HANG.
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,

Quote Originally Posted by LTD
    I agree. It seems that later descendents of heroes tend to have the biggest egos and become usless to the society. I think I prefer the short line of descendents that do not ruin the Guo family name =D
    Yang Tie Xin (Yang Guo's grandfather) was said to be the descendant of one of the 108 heroes in Water Margin (Shui Hu Zhuan) who was said to be the descendant of the mighty Yang warriors who protected Northern Song against the Jin invasion.

Yang Kang was the black sheep but still Yang Guo proved himself a worthy descendant.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchoki
    Yang Tie Xin (Yang Guo's grandfather) was said to be the descendant of one of the 108 heroes in Water Margin (Shui Hu Zhuan) who was said to be the descendant of the mighty Yang warriors who protected Northern Song against the Jin invasion.
    Gwok Siu Teen (Gwok Jing's father) was a descendant of one of the Water Margin Heroes, but I never heard of Yeung Teet Sum being the descendant of one. Yeung Teet Sum was the descendant of General Yeung Tsoi Hing, an ally of General Ngok Fei's.

Zhang Keshuang is a good example of how latter generations who ride on their great forefather sucked.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Siven
    It's possible that GX and Z3F had a one-night stand and a love child was born...
    Could not have said it better myself.
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 04-24-06 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ech33

but 18palm lost after HSDS .... what a pity...
    Not necessarily. There were still sources at the end of HSDS - the manuals contained in the weapons depending on the version of the novel. And there was also elders in the Beggars Clan whose specific title seems to be to teach skills - possibly they will have access to it.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

And the HSDS2003 adaptation had Song Qing Shu using it....
    TaZzY InC