View Poll Results: Exactly how good is DFBB?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slightly above GREAT level

15 33.33%
  • Around GREAT level

15 33.33%
  • Slightly below GREAT level

15 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exactly how good is DFBB?

Post Exactly how good is DFBB?

DFBB have god-like speed after "SHE" mastered KHBD. Exactly how good is DFBB near the end of the novel?
    ..ext88

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    DFBB have god-like speed after "SHE" mastered KHBD. Exactly how good is DFBB near the end of the novel?
    Either stronger than the Condor trilogy era greats or weaker. It's a s/he, not a she.

IMO DFBB should be around the level of a great or better. This is because most people would rate XLN= DFBB in speed. Although I have serious doubts that XLN could defeat a great she would proboally be able to hold out for some time or even injure a great level fighter, this is mainly due to her speed. With inner power thats definetly better then XLN and speed thats roughly equal to her, I think that DFBB would have a far better chance of defeating a great level fighter.

Also if you look at their battles, XLN had a hard time fighting NMX,YKX and XXZ while DFBB was dominating RWX, LHC and XWT. If you compare their opponents the people that DFBB were facing were far stronger then the ones XLN were facing(although some may disagree). Yet despite this fact, he was beating them easily while XLN was struggling against mercenaries when they went defensive and tried to crush her in a circle. Because of this, I would proboally rank DFBB at least around the level of a great...im not sure how they would do against his/her speed but then again im not sure how DFBB would do against a palm blast from YG or Gj.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    o

God-like speed? Hardly. Her moves were visible to the naked eye. LWC saw all his weaknesses, but couldn't take advantage cause he was too slow against it. XNL's speed was so fast, the martial arts experts couldn't even see them. And u know what? Ah Ching was even faster than XNL cause she was just a blur to everybody. Ah Ching would qualify for god-like speed in the JY universe whereas DFBB would qualify for abnormal speed.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Banned

Probably slightly above.

I know Lihuchong isn't at the level of YG,GJ, DY,QF, etc, but she was crushing him PLUS RMX and XWT

I don't think we have ever seen such a feat. Even when QF was basically in the same situation against YTZ and MRF he was only holding even.

And I don't think either YTZ or MRF are at the level of RWX or LHC really.

I know this forum has a lot of love for Guojing and Qiaofeng, but I suspect DFBB would probably win (not easily) against either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Richrf
    Probably slightly above.

I know Lihuchong isn't at the level of YG,GJ, DY,QF, etc, but she was crushing him PLUS RMX and XWT

I don't think we have ever seen such a feat. Even when QF was basically in the same situation against YTZ and MRF he was only holding even.

And I don't think either YTZ or MRF are at the level of RWX or LHC really.

I know this forum has a lot of love for Guojing and Qiaofeng, but I suspect DFBB would probably win (not easily) against either of them.
    The arugement comes in whether or not DFBB can take in a XL18Z from GJ/XF.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    The arugement comes in whether or not DFBB can take in a XL18Z from GJ/XF.
    H/she would simply dodge obviously. Why would anyone want to sit there and take a direct blast? Unless he was overconfident like zhangwuiji maybe.

I think around the same if not a little better

One assumes the palm can be dodged, if it covers a wide area it may be too energy consuming to try to dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    God-like speed? Hardly. Her moves were visible to the naked eye. LWC saw all his weaknesses, but couldn't take advantage cause he was too slow against it. XNL's speed was so fast, the martial arts experts couldn't even see them. And u know what? Ah Ching was even faster than XNL cause she was just a blur to everybody. Ah Ching would qualify for god-like speed in the JY universe whereas DFBB would qualify for abnormal speed.

Ignoring the Ah Ching part (because she is clearly on a class of her own), the speed descriptions of DFBB and XLN never really made too much sense.

XLN was so fast that she was a blur. However, medium level fighters, simply by going on pure defense, were able to stymie her and in fact would eventually overwhelm her. (Incidentally, in ROCH, the 30 year old GJ was also described to have moved so fast that he was a blur when he was taking YG up to QZ)

Yet when we get to DFBB, LHC was able to see his moves and weaknesses, but could barely even stop DFBB from hitting him. In fact, with all three going all out, they not only couldn't even touch DFBB; they were all wounded and had their moves parried away. If DFBB had a sword (Bixie Sword was compiled and condensed by a martial arts prodigy. In its full form, it's likely to be even more powerful than DFBB's flawed KHBD. Because of this, I'm inclined to believe that KFBD is a sword-based art) if DFBB had a sword instead of a embroidery needle that was just lying around, I believe that our heroes would have died without even a chance or using a hostage.

One assumes the palm can be dodged, if it covers a wide area it may be too energy consuming to try to dodge.
    From bliss' translation, the three against DFBB had fully infused their weapons with internal energy and that the forces of the battle rocked the entire room. DFBB was completely unscathed. Remember, this is a person who is able to barely stab a person's face with a 1 inch needle and then pull all the way back to stop a sword shot straight forward, with enough force to numb the sword-wielder's arm. And the sword-wielder attacked first.

Oh, I personally think that DFBB is either at Great-level or slightly above. Not necessarily in martial arts, but in killing power.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 04-16-06 at 11:37 PM.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

DFBB was what LCY should have been, considering that LCY was superior to the greats excepting WCY and roughly equal to ZBT; and the comparison of XLN and DFBB's techniques. LCY had XLN's technique, speed and geat level inner power. LCY did not have l/r technique to combine and double her (hand/sword)speed like XLN but she created maiden purity technique and knows it inside out so she shouldn't be far below in speed.

sunflower sutra that DFBB posses was supposed to be slighty less complete than bixie jianfa but bixie jianfa was created out of the two parts of the sutra the two huashan leaders memoriised so, even through bixie jianfa was created by the monk who had a deeper understanding then the two huashan leaders, DFBB had the full part of what the huashan leaders stole and the monk only memorised. there shouldn't be a big gap between sunflower sutra and bixia jianfa. actually it's bixia jian fa that should be logically less complete.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Well, the thing was that the two parts memorized were memorized wrong. They not only didn't match, it didn't make sense and weren't usable. It took the monk to resolve it in a way that was usable.

but i believe both parts is not very complete, unless both join as one.
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,
    For me, it is enough if I
    just breathe in my pure energy."

http://echallengor.blogspot.com

http://ech33.ui2u.com

no, both were really small parts. KHBD was just a small portion of the original KHBD. This small KHBD came from the 2 Hua Mountain people. The Du(I think it is) generation monk came and memorized it the small KHBD and he created the Pi Xie Jian. PXJ came from the small KHBD. These 2 are both small portions of the big KHBD.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    XLN was so fast that she was a blur. However, medium level fighters, simply by going on pure defense, were able to stymie her and in fact would eventually overwhelm her. (Incidentally, in ROCH, the 30 year old GJ was also described to have moved so fast that he was a blur when he was taking YG up to QZ)

Medium level fighters would eventually overwhelm her? XLN was winning against Yin Kexi, Ni Mo Xing and Xiao Xiang Zi, who each were probably in the top 15 or 20 fighters of their time, I suppose a lot of this does depend upon how you think the overall martial arts level of L/ROCH compares to SOD.

Anyhow, I rate XLN and DFBB at about the same level with DFBB having the advantage in internal energy and power and XLN having the advantage in technique and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterM
    Medium level fighters would eventually overwhelm her? XLN was winning against Yin Kexi, Ni Mo Xing and Xiao Xiang Zi, who each were probably in the top 15 or 20 fighters of their time, I suppose a lot of this does depend upon how you think the overall martial arts level of L/ROCH compares to SOD.

Anyhow, I rate XLN and DFBB at about the same level with DFBB having the advantage in internal energy and power and XLN having the advantage in technique and speed.
    Nope, go back and reread it. The 3 mongolian fighters (without JLFW) were winning. On the surface, XLN seemed to be winning because of her speed and technique; however, the 3 were fighting with 100% defense. And they were closing in on XLN. Eventually, XLN would lose.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Nope, go back and reread it. The 3 mongolian fighters (without JLFW) were winning. On the surface, XLN seemed to be winning because of her speed and technique; however, the 3 were fighting with 100% defense. And they were closing in on XLN. Eventually, XLN would lose.
    Yin Kexi, Xiaoxiang Zi and Ni Moxing did not even dare to go on the offensive, they just wielded their weapons and slowly tried to use their internal power to crush Xiao Longnu. Because they could not risk to attack, that meant imminent death for them.
    But that failed too, because the legacy of Lin Chaoying is:[If you cannot overcome the enemies with power, try to use speed if that fails too use divesionary, brilliant moves to dazzle them and then overcome them]. And that is exactly what Xiao Longnu did to break free from their "formation." This failed when a very powerful Golden Wheel Monk entered that "formation" later on. Because the forces were too overwhelming.
    That is also the difference is the Sunflower Manuscript and the Jade Maiden Art.
    The Sunflower Manuscript is about speed is power. Turning sexual energy into lethal speed to gain an advantage over the adversaries. We notice that neither Lin Pingzhi or Yue Buqun gained an internal energy boost. We can perhaps say that before castration Dongfang Bubai's internal strength and martial arts were weaker than Ren Woxing but higher than Xiang Wentian.
    But the Jaide Maiden Art is about turning speed into energy, making a weaker fighter into a powerful one by combining elements of internal strength, speed and dazzling, brilliant stances into one. That has to do with Lin Chaoying v.s. Wang Chongyang.
    No one (Golden Wheel Monk, the Five Masters of Quanzhen, Xiaoxiang Zi, Ni Moxing and Yin Kexi) saw the moves of Xiao Long. She was too fast for the naked eye.
    Xiao Longnu's individual martial arts is considerably weaker than her adversaries.
    Dong Bubai's individual martial arts is considerably stronger than his adversaries.
    Xiao Longnu is weak but with inhuman speed v.s. powerful enemies.
    Dongfang Bubai is strong with inhuman speed v.s. enemies who are weaker than himself.
    I find it an amazing feat that a young girl like her with incredible speed can overcome experts who are much stronger than her. Although, when she was facing the combined defense of the four she was losing. But they were forced to defend only, they did not dare to launch an attack back at Xiao Longnu. What they did cannot really be classified as fighting anymore in my opinion. They were just wielding their weapons and moving forwards.

About Xiao Longnu v.s. those 3 Mongolian warriors, she breaks free anyway. She wasn't crushed by their internal energies. She was using the methods, theories of the Jade Maiden Art. If you can't overcome them with power, use speed. If speed fails, dazzle them! And she did exactly that and broke through their defense and when that happened, she COULD HAVE killed Yin Kexi. She only disarmed him, because she is not a killer. But she could have easily aimed for his chest and stabbed him, with him gone. Xiaoxiang Zi and Nimoxing are doomed as well.
    So, in my humble opinion Xiao Longnu won!
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

XLN was losing until she start using multiple swords, which started ricocheting off the 3 Mongolian's weapons. When JLFW joined the fray, it was at a different location where there were no swords on the ground at XLN's disposal.

Nope, you go back and reread it. Xiaolongnu was clearly winning.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

Sorry, but I'm going have to disagree with you on this one. In the green version of the 2nd edition pg. 1042. On the surface, XLN seemed to be winning, however, the book said this" At this time, everyone all ready see it, the 3 people's circle circling XLN is getting smaller and smaller, to the end they WILL TRAP HER in MIDDLE (in other words, she will eventually run out of room to execute the attack). Though the 3 aren't attacking, but every one of them was using their weapons, combining into copper wall metal wall, squeezing toward the middle, 3 defensive styles combine into a powerful offense, really hard. The group of people looking at this situation, Mongols and Zhao Zhi Jin's group of daosit were happy, why the other daoist were worrying for XLN. XLN sees taht the 3 people are getting closer and closer, their weapons having no leaks, not being long, she WILL DEFITNITELY GET SQUASHED TO DEATH..." And trust me, the tide doesn't change even after XLN uses 4 swords. You go read it. If you own the Green one, then it's page 1042. Even though the translation isn't 100% correct, it should be at least 90% correct and the overall meaning is correct.