View Poll Results: Exactly how good is DFBB?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slightly above GREAT level

15 33.33%
  • Around GREAT level

15 33.33%
  • Slightly below GREAT level

15 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exactly how good is DFBB?

This is the description of the result of their battle, just before Dragon Girl broke the defense and ran after Zhao Zhijing

初时她双剑在手,潇湘子等已感不易抵御,这时数十柄长剑乱飞乱刺,中间又夹着她凌厉迅疾的击刺,却如何还能 招架?何况长剑从各人兵刃上碰撞出去之时,方向力道全然无法控制,是否要伤到同伴,只有听天由 命。

When countering only 2 of her swords, Xiaoxiangzi and co. already felt uneasy. Now they have to deal with tens of long swords flying in random directions combined with Dragon Girl's swift and fierce stabbing, they could not possibly cover themselves or each other. The 3 warriors have no control over where these long weapons would attack next, or whether their defense would contribute to their partners' demise.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Sorry, but I'm going have to disagree with you on this one. In the green version of the 2nd edition pg. 1042. On the surface, XLN seemed to be winning, however, the book said this" At this time, everyone all ready see it, the 3 people's circle circling XLN is getting smaller and smaller, to the end they WILL TRAP HER in MIDDLE (in other words, she will eventually run out of room to execute the attack). Though the 3 aren't attacking, but every one of them was using their weapons, combining into copper wall metal wall, squeezing toward the middle, 3 defensive styles combine into a powerful offense, really hard. The group of people looking at this situation, Mongols and Zhao Zhi Jin's group of daosit were happy, why the other daoist were worrying for XLN. XLN sees taht the 3 people are getting closer and closer, their weapons having no leaks, not being long, she WILL DEFITNITELY GET SQUASHED TO DEATH..."
    I actually agree with your part...but when i reread the battle I think Athena brought up a good point. Before i only considered XLN breaking their formation as luck(due to the swords laying on the floor)...BUT after rereading that segment it seems that XLN injured XXZ and could have KILLED HIM on the spot, she forced him to drop his weapon by slicing his wrist, fighting XLN weaponless pretty much means your done ,even the combined 7 masters of QZ could not do it. But instead of killing XXZ, XLN rushed passed him. The three already had a hard time fighting her, had she killed XXZ, NMX and YKX would not have lasted very long.

So at least in that battle I do belive XLN did win but made a mistake by letting XXZ live. Although i still believe that XLN would not have won had the swords not been lying on the floor.
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 04-17-06 at 05:12 PM.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    This is the description of the result of their battle, just before Dragon Girl broke the defense and ran after Zhao Zhijing

初时她双剑在手,潇湘子等已感不易抵御,这时数十柄长剑乱飞乱刺,中间又夹着她凌厉迅疾的击刺,却如何还能 招架?何况长剑从各人兵刃上碰撞出去之时,方向力道全然无法控制,是否要伤到同伴,只有听天由 命。

When countering only 2 of her swords, Xiaoxiangzi and co. already felt uneasy. Now they have to deal with tens of long swords flying in random directions combined with Dragon Girl's swift and fierce stabbing, they could not possibly cover themselves or each other. The 3 warriors have no control over where these long weapons would attack next, or whether their defense would contribute to their partners' demise.
    Hm...., I see, very smart of her. However, that was not the true way of fighiting that she was going to use. She originally only planned it to mess with the fighter's minds.
    And yes, she was lucky to have the swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    DFBB have god-like speed after "SHE" mastered KHBD. Exactly how good is DFBB near the end of the novel?
    What do u mean "SHE", Im still confused .

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Hm...., I see, very smart of her. However, that was not the true way of fighiting that she was going to use. She originally only planned it to mess with the fighter's minds.
    And yes, she was lucky to have the swords.
    Was that skill of using so many swords attributed to her sparrow catching ability? So XLN without so many swords was giving a lone JLFW trouble (she may not have won, but I will argue her stamina will outlast the the JLFW's ability to fight with continuous blood loss). I wonder how she would fare in the situation with QZ5, 3 mongols + JLFW, if she had 10+ swords at her disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    Was that skill of using so many swords attributed to her sparrow catching ability? So XLN without so many swords was giving a lone JLFW trouble (she may not have won, but I will argue her stamina will outlast the the JLFW's ability to fight with continuous blood loss). I wonder how she would fare in the situation with QZ5, 3 mongols + JLFW, if she had 10+ swords at her disposal.
    Yeah. I can't remember for sure but I thought I remember reading that JLFW just revcovered from some sort of injury and therefore was not 100%.
    GJ, YG, or any great that has learned 9 Yin would fare far better. Athena once gave a HUGE DESCRIPTION of Jade Maiden's highest level. 9 Yin's 3 art in the tomb just so happen could work together to make Jade Maiden fight at the level where the opponent is (the opponent would no longer get confused and be calm against the real and unreal swords)

I've found someone to defeat Dong Fong But Bai and/or Little Dragon Girl.

Here he is:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1222/flashlg6in.jpg')

Due to their "inhuman" speed XLN and Bat King Wei Yixiao rank very high in this forum though in terms of "real" martial art/skill they might not deserve to place in the ranking/level they have same like DFBB which I highly doubt his/her "real" kungfu was on par with GJ YG or XF so I would pick him/her around GJ/XF level..