Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Young Wanderer (old Felix Wong series)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Yea, I am quick for now....

The one that appears in the Japanese clothing is Sharen Yeung. She played Mok Nim Chi in LOCH 83. Yea, the same one that played Gao Ah Nan in CLH 84.

Yea, you are right Suet Seung! HE is the one that is behind all of the wrong doings in the martial arts world. He is the leader of San Guan Jiao. Only Paul knows the real side of him while everyone else is tricked by him and thinks he is righteous.
    HEh...I had to be right. I don't understand these type of characters. What's the purpose of posing himself like a good guy when he's the one whose evil? Just like the saying "The devil/demon is him and the god/divine being is him".
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yea, basically he was the leader on the good and bad side.... He is good at tricking people. There was a scene when Felix and Paul also tricked him and he had to confess to being the main villian. When they unmasked themselves, he said "I can trick everyone in the world/martial arts world, but today I am tricked by you guys for once".
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Yea, basically he was the leader on the good and bad side.... He is good at tricking people. There was a scene when Felix and Paul also tricked him and he had to confess to being the main villian. When they unmasked themselves, he said "I can trick everyone in the world/martial arts world, but today I am tricked by you guys for once".

Ahh....you're spoiling it for me. But then again I would've guess it anyway. currently watching episode 11.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Oh sorry, I wasn't sure where you were in the series.. Ok, no more spoilers unless you ask for them....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I love the scenes with Felix and Paul most. They're such a funny pair. The part in Episode 15 where the gang steal his clothes and Felix is at a abandon temple looking through his stuff and we see Paul in a towels asking for it back. Hahaha...

I think my fav parts were at the beginning.. Felix and Paul.

anyone know where i can get the subtheme by any chance?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Yea, I thought that part was so funny!!!!Paul even asked Felix if he wanted to come back to the brothel for a bath and he said yes...
    I also liked it when they gained up to turn bones into real chicken and other food products. But Patricia's sister came and gave them a dog bone which made their whole plan backfire...
    I don't know where to get the subsong, sorry...

I also like the part where Felix and Paul Chun goes up to Taosit place.. and Felix accidently became the leader by grabbing the sword out. He spent the days eating soybeans cause the place was soo poor

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I also like the part where Felix and Paul Chun goes up to Taosit place.. and Felix accidently became the leader by grabbing the sword out. He spent the days eating soybeans cause the place was soo poor
    It wasn't because the place was so poor, they were saving up money to build a new hall for the school or something?

I found it funny that the three taoist keep coming after Felix, annoying him but funny for me.

I just finished watching the series and I thought the last scenes were so funny. The three wives went to visit Mui Hong at the Beggar Clan and wondered where the three husbands were at. Of course, they're at the brothel. They're older with beards, its so funny! Paul Chun is older and so he's like falling asleep while the other two have girls in their arms and drinking wine. Hahaha....Chan Wing Chun's face when his wife arrives is so funny.

Overall the series was okay, not great. I didn't see much chemistry between Felix Wong and Carina Lau at all. Half of the series she went on rejecting him and so there wasn't really a sweet or romantic moment where both were in love with each other. It's like Duan Yu and Wang Yu Yan. Felix's character is such a reluctant hero from beginning to end. And he's much like Duan Yu where if Carina Lau isn't hypnotise, he won't study/learn the swordplay that would beat Nan Gong Wu. Just really disappointing. What I meant was Carina was more important to Felix than saving the whole wulin.

Like I said, Felix and Carina did not show any chemistry at all. Felix spent more time with Paul Chun than he did with Carina. I would've been happy if Felix fell for the girl who disguised as a male, but too bad she died.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-28-06 at 02:50 AM.

of course the place wasn't poor.. but the way they acted made Felix and Paul think they were poor. I thought it was funny

wel, i think Felix and Paul Chun's chemistry was main focus in here. Carina, was just plain mean to him... and the other girl who faked as a guy.. i think she liked the other guy who ended up with her sister

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    of course the place wasn't poor.. but the way they acted made Felix and Paul think they were poor. I thought it was funny

wel, i think Felix and Paul Chun's chemistry was main focus in here. Carina, was just plain mean to him... and the other girl who faked as a guy.. i think she liked the other guy who ended up with her sister
    Thats what i meant if Paul Chun was a woman, Carina should be very jealous since Paul and Felix have so much screen time together. Plus I thought Carina was annoying. At least Guang So Sam had more spunk and if Mui Hong was less clingy, she would've been a better match for Felix too.

I thought Barbara Wung Mei Ling played in this movie too.

Love this series too. For some reason, the old TVB version has more happy ending than the new ones.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Quote Originally Posted by SilatFreak
    I thought Barbara Wung Mei Ling played in this movie too.

Love this series too. For some reason, the old TVB version has more happy ending than the new ones.
    No, Barbara Yung Mei Ling was not in this series. I would've noticed her and she would've made this series better too.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Thats what i meant if Paul Chun was a woman, Carina should be very jealous since Paul and Felix have so much screen time together. Plus I thought Carina was annoying. At least Guang So Sam had more spunk and if Mui Hong was less clingy, she would've been a better match for Felix too.

Yeah., I guess that was a good comparison between Wang yuyan/Duan Yu and this relationship. I have yet to see much chemistry between them.

but u know, Sean Lau CHing Wan and maybe Francis Ng was in it.. not sure about the later... but it just says that wow, the top HK actors now were in such crap arse roles

I actually love this series even though Carina was annoying at times. But sh3e wasn't that bad. My mom thought that Mui Hong was annoying at first since she is so clingy.

Yea, Paul and Felix had a lot of chemistry.... They were like father and son. The parts where they were at the Taoist place were really funny.... I liked the ending too... I think it would have been better if they showed that he met his parents again though. They would have been really proud of him.

Yea, Francis and Sean were both in here as those background characters.

THis series was filmed in 1985 which was the year that Barbara Yung passed away. She wasn't even able to finish this one modern series since she passed away while it was being filmed, so she definately couldn't be in this one.

it was a modern series? I thought he was an ancient one with Idy or something..

but anyways, Mui Hong.. well she got better near the end, more determined and independent. and Before, oh my.. she was some stalker.. or something

i agree with Trinie.. what ever happend to Felix's parents? THey just appeard in the beginning.. and disappear

Are you referring to Barbara's last series? No, the one she filmed with Idy was the battlefield, which was an ancient series. She was only a guest star. Her last series was a modern comedy with kent. She couldn't finish it and passed away during the filming, so TVB had Maggie Cheung Man Yuk replaced her while Eddie Kwan replaced Kent's role.

Yea, Mui Hong got better towards the end.. I really wished they showed his parents. I bet they would have been really proud of him...
    Last edited by Trinie; 05-01-06 at 08:21 PM.

Smile

Anyone seen this series? I'm watching episode one right now. What did you think of this series?

Where did you find a copy of it? Is it VCD or DVD? Chinese audio? Sorry, I'm really glad to see that you've found it, but I have been searching the web for years for a Chinese copy of this series. Please help!

Anyone seen this series? I'm watching episode one right now. What did you think of this series?
    i saw this series way too long ago! don't remember much about it except remembering that it was enjoyable. as a matter of fact, i heard of the theme song before i even knew which series it belonged too, and when i saw the series, i was definitely surprised since the themesong wasn't as upbeat as the movie.

hmm...i just remember thinking why didn't they pair patricia up with felix in this series since patricia and felix had amazing chemistry in sword stained with royal blood and this one other modern series.

as for carina lau's character, i couldn't be bothered with her since i didn't think she and felix were a good pair at all. but oh well, at least felix got a happy ending.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

This series has not been officially released in Chinese yet... It has been released in Viet on DVD years ago though.. I saw this series many many times as I grew up and still love it!!! It is highly recommended...