Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Young Wanderer (old Felix Wong series)

Default The Young Wanderer (old Felix Wong series)

Anyone seen this series? I'm watching episode one right now. What did you think of this series?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I am so happy that you started a thread for this series!! IT is a great series one of my most favorires of all time... I saw it many many many times and can never get bored of it. I think you will like it too and Felix and the rest of the cast is just great!!! The ending is really funny and cute too... Please let me know what you think of it when you are done.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I am so happy that you started a thread for this series!! IT is a great series one of my most favorires of all time... I saw it many many many times and can never get bored of it. I think you will like it too and Felix and the rest of the cast is just great!!! The ending is really funny and cute too... Please let me know what you think of it when you are done.

Hahaha...you seem happier than I am to start this series. I just want to know what kind of series is this? Its not like Fearless Duo where it has to do with feng shui sorcery does it?

Its actually nice to see Felix acting in a different kind of role, one where he's not quite a hero to begin with...well let's just say its very different from the roles I've seen him in. Which is really refreshing.

I see that actor who was in Chor Lau Heung is in there too.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yea, I love this series and it is one of my most favorites of all time. I can't even count how many times I have seen it.... I grew up watching it and still love it!! No, it isn't like Fearless Duo at all. It is a type of Wu Xia series. What do you want to know about it?? Just ask... But I guess you can say that it is about the main character played by Felix who doesn't have any goals in life, but ends up getting lucky in obtaining love and martial arts. However, there are times that he needed to suffer and work hard as well. It all ended up well for him and he ended up being WU Lin Ming Zhu at the end... Very cute ending too..

Which actor are you referring to?? Do you mean Chan Wing Chun??? He plays the second lead in here....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I like how Felix isn't fooled when people try to trick him, he always have them figured out especially Paul Chun. Man, Paul Chun was so young back then. Do you happen to know the age difference between Felix and Paul?

I was talking about Chor Lau Heung 1984's friend, the one that loves wine.

Felix's character isn't like Duke of Mt. Deer's WXB is he? As cunning as WXB is, I don't like his character or morals that much.

Sorry, I don't know the age difference between Felix and Paul. Paul is a lot older than Felix. He may be even old enough to be his father.

Oh so you mean Chan Wing Chun. Yea, he plays a completely different character in here.

Actually, no Felix's character isn't really like WXB at all. At first, he likes and cares alot about making money and going to brothels to enjoy himself and all. However, once he met Carina and fell in love with her. He was really committed to her and her only. Felix did flirt with girls and all, but he only treated them like his sisters. He wouldn't sleep with any of them. He would just play fun games with them or make them massage him, but that's it... Felix's character has a lot better morals and judgment....As the series progresses, he becomes more righteous and mature....

Which one is Carina Lau? Is she the one from like that Nan Gong family? Or is she the one who was selling herself to have money to bury her dead father?

Theres something about Felix's character that reminds me a bit of Linghu Chong.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-24-06 at 01:55 PM.

Carina is the one that is the adopted daughter of the Nan Gong family. The one that sold herself to bury her father is Mui Hong played by Chu Siu Bao. She is kind of annoying at the beginning since she always follows Felix and fell in love with him, but he told her that he only thinks of her as a sister. Luckily, she finally learned how to let go since she realizes that Felix only loves Carina.

Yea, he is sort of like Ling Ho Chong in some aspects...

What about this girl disguised in male clothing, who is she?

I had feeling that Mui Hong girl will end up with Chan Wing Chun. They look good together.

The girl that is disguised in male clothing is Patricia's sister. She dies later on though. She is the younger daughter of one of the most powerful martial artists, but her father was injured by Nan Gong Wu and had to retire from the WU Xia world. That is why she and her sister is trying to steal this one medicine to help him gain back his energy...

No, Mui Hong doesn't end up with Chan Wing Chun. She ends up alone and becomes the leader of the Begger Union since her god father is the leader. He gave the position to her before he died. Chan Wing CHun ends up with Patricia at the end....

I thought Mui Hong looked cute, despite her overly crying stuff. Why does it have to be Carina Lau, I don't find her pretty at all. At first, I thought she was kind of bossy or somewhat indifferent.

I don't know anyone in this seris except Felix Wong, Paul Chun, Kwok Bing, Chan Wing Chun and I think I saw Francis Ng as a cameo. And two of the evil trio.

The actor playing Nan Gong Wu looks familiar....who is he?

YEa, Carina was annoying at first....But she gets better later on. I think she looked fine in this series, but not her best. I think Patricia looked better...

Francis Ng was a cameo like 3 times. He played 3 small roles. Lawrence Ng was a cameo in here as well.

The one that played Nan Gong Wu was the one that played Zhao Zhi Jing in ROCH 83. His real name is Gam Kwok Wai. I heard he is married to the actress that plays Mui Hong in real life. THey have both left the circle years ago.

Who is Patricia? I'm sorry, I really don't know these actresses in this series. I think its the first series of TVB where I don't know any of the actresses.

Oh, no wonder that actor who plays Nan Gong Wu looks so familiar. He's also in ROCH. I see..

It is ok.. Patricia does not appear until later on. She plays Guang So Sam. She is the older sister of the girl that was dressed as a guy.She is the one that ends up with Chan Wing Chun at the end.

Yea, I think Zhao ZHi Jing is his most famous role... Once I mention that role, everyone knows who is he right away...

Patricia, she must be the one who plays Cheng Ying in ROCH84, I saw the cover of this series.

I love Paul Chun's character, he's a jack of all trades, he pretended to be Guang So Sam's dad. He appears in the series at all the unexpected times. Quite a character he is. He's so good at tricking people, all except Felix.

Man, Chan Wing Chun was so skinny back then when he's younger. You can tell he did not work out much. He's like a stick. Too bad the girl had to die.

No, Patricia isn't the one that plays Cheng Ying in ROCH 83(You mean the Andy and Idy version not the Taiwan version right??). IF it is Idy and Andy's version then it is Wong Ai Ming that played Cheng Ying. Patricia played Wen Qing QIng in the 80s version of Bi Xue Jian.

Paul Chun's character is really funny, but he has a serious side to him too. He is actually Nan Gong Wu's kung fu brother. He is trying to hide from him.....

Yea, Chan Wing Chun was really skinny. I think it was because he was too busy with filming series.

geez, You're quick at replying.

So there is a reason for Chan Wing Chun meeting her.

Yeah I'm talking about the one that appears later using japanese style fighting? Is she the same actress who was Gao Ah Nan in Chor Lau Heung with Miu Kiu Wai? Just guessing because of the hairstyle.

ooo, i liked this series too. Anyone have the sub theme by any chance?

and FYI, the girl who played the japanese warrior is YEUNG PAN PAN ( did i get her name right) She played Mu nian Ci ( Moc Niem Tu) in LOCH 82
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Yea, I think Zhao ZHi Jing is his most famous role... Once I mention that role, everyone knows who is he right away...
    I know I shouldn't stereotype this actor but his role in here does not seem all that righteous. He's hiding something, thats what my instinct tells me. He's gotta be the person behind that evil cult ala Simon Yam's role in CLH.

Yea, I am quick for now....

The one that appears in the Japanese clothing is Sharen Yeung. She played Mok Nim Chi in LOCH 83. Yea, the same one that played Gao Ah Nan in CLH 84.

Yea, you are right Suet Seung! HE is the one that is behind all of the wrong doings in the martial arts world. He is the leader of San Guan Jiao. Only Paul knows the real side of him while everyone else is tricked by him and thinks he is righteous.