Thread: Diao Man Gong Zhu (mischievous princess)

Default Diao Man Gong Zhu (mischievous princess)

hey, anybody watched this drama yet? its showing in malaysia now...

su yong peng and some korean actress is in it.. any thoughts about it? i find really nice and funny

hey!! tks!! sory.. didnt know it was a china production!! thank you very much!!

yes...the show is currently showing in Malaysia now...it's called The Mischieveous Princess'
    it's very nice.
    The Korean actress is Jang Na Ra.
    i wan to know if she really can speak mandarin. i hope someone can help me.
    thanks

hey..can anyone tell me the name of the actor who acts as 'Bai Yun Fei' in the movie??
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauleen
    hey..can anyone tell me the name of the actor who acts as 'Bai Yun Fei' in the movie??
    thanks

http://post.baidu.com/f?kz=14980273

yes,jang nara does speak chinese.In fact,she's already had two chinese albums!i watched the ending song and it seems kinda sad and all.......i actually hope that xiao long xia ends up with bai yun fei but knowing that the emperor is the main character,there is absolutely no hope at all

yea...found a thread on this drama. Just finished watching it and it was so cool. Jang Nara is so cutee inside!!

does Jang Na Ra speak Chinese? but she was speaking Korean in the series though. It's so obvious that she's not speaking Chinese, I could lip read some Korean words.

not at all!
    Jang Nara talk in korean when she have a reply to Alec ..
    well all her reply was in KOREAN!!! and after the others actors reply in mandarin

after someone DUB her .....so ^^
    if you want some clip when she talk into korean and the other actors speak in manarin ..just tell me ^^

seem Alec learn by her ...many ''bad word'' in korean lolllllllllll

cute cute ^=^

she only know some words ...ONLY some words ^^

im surprised there isn't more posts?

i guess this is an old series by now

ive only just managed to find english subs... so slowly watching it

its a cliche series... but i love it! esp alec su!

An absolutely shameless rip-off of Taiwan's 'Princess Huai Yu', with a plot so similar that I'm surprised that Princess Huai Yu production company hasn't sued, really outrageous costumes...although the male leads are much more eye candy and impressive actors than their counter-parts in Princess Huai Yu.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    An absolutely shameless rip-off of Taiwan's 'Princess Huai Yu', with a plot so similar that I'm surprised that Princess Huai Yu production company hasn't sued, really outrageous costumes...although the male leads are much more eye candy and impressive actors than their counter-parts in Princess Huai Yu.
    lol. which one is better though? i do like alec more, but ive watched a bit of huai yu and i think that its longer than this one?
    and of course, we HAVE to take eye candy into consideration. so ill probably just watch this one but id like to know which has a better story line/actors, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    lol. which one is better though? i do like alec more, but ive watched a bit of huai yu and i think that its longer than this one?
    and of course, we HAVE to take eye candy into consideration. so ill probably just watch this one but id like to know which has a better story line/actors, etc.
    I think on the overall, Diao Man Gong Zhu is a better production, you know the typical bright beautiful costumes and lovely sceneries from Heng Dian and the decent acting by Alec and JNR in today's period dramas. But I feel I like Huai Yu Gong Zhu more, the story's more natural and the character of Huai Yu is also more natural too, as in she's born with the kind of character, you don't feel she's acting it out.

What I dislike about Huai Yu Gong Zhu is the typical Taiwanese shouting and loud crying scenes, otherwise pretty good and enjoyable. It was supposed to be a short series, but the ratings are so good that they keep adding episodes to it, from what i heard.

I actually thought Sun Yao Wei is quite engaging and good-looking as the emperor. The other guys are not that good-looking though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    lol. which one is better though? i do like alec more, but ive watched a bit of huai yu and i think that its longer than this one? and of course, we HAVE to take eye candy into consideration. so ill probably just watch this one but id like to know which has a better story line/actors, etc.
    I think Nefertari has answered this very well. But then, it depends how much one balances 'eye candy' and the importance of the plot/acting. I just didn't find much substance to any of the acting Diao Man Gong Zhu. There is also a certain tension that needs to be built for - not necessarily all, but at least for some scenes - I didn't find this either. Honestly, I don't mind re-makes...I love all the Jin Yong ones. They just have to offer a fresh perspective and at least an attempt at emotional tension, subtlety, and/or layering.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    I think on the overall, Diao Man Gong Zhu is a better production, you know the typical bright beautiful costumes and lovely sceneries from Heng Dian and the decent acting by Alec and JNR in today's period dramas. But I feel I like Huai Yu Gong Zhu more, the story's more natural and the character of Huai Yu is also more natural too, as in she's born with the kind of character, you don't feel she's acting it out.

What I dislike about Huai Yu Gong Zhu is the typical Taiwanese shouting and loud crying scenes, otherwise pretty good and enjoyable. It was supposed to be a short series, but the ratings are so good that they keep adding episodes to it, from what i heard.
    I appreciate the beauty of costumes as according to the actual times - "bright and beautiful" has to be tempered with elegance and detail for me. The intracacies of embroidered material, the skill in ancient hairstyling, the sublime artwork and effort in jewelery...all these add up to express the artistic evolution of a culture and I believe it should be respected as such, especially when a production uses the era for its series.

Some of the material used for the costumes were definitely synthetic...something I'm sure they didn't have during imperial China.

Acting wise, I do have to say Alec was more impressive as an emperor than Sun Yao Fei. Interestingly, I love all other roles that Sun Yao Fei does, just not as Hong Hei in Princess Huai Yu. Hong Hei was one of the most able and politically savvy rulers of the Qing Dynasty...he was portrayed as weak/ineffectual in most of Princess Huai Yu (so I suppose it was more the script's fault rather than Sun Yao Fei's acting).

I appreciate the beauty of costumes as according to the actual times - "bright and beautiful" has to be tempered with elegance and detail for me. The intracacies of embroidered material, the skill in ancient hairstyling, the sublime artwork and effort in jewelery...all these add up to express the artistic evolution of a culture and I believe it should be respected as such, especially when a production uses the era for its series.
    I agree. I like most of the costumes worn by Huai Yu surprisingly, since Taiwanese productions don't usually have beautiful costumes. Costumes in DMGZ are pretty, but they don't feel as if they belong to the era. The costumes worn by JNR and Chen Xiuli (emperor's spiteful cousin) are quite modern and look out of place. I like the way you described the different aspects of the production. Paying attention to details and respecting culture and tradition is also one of the important aspect to making a successful period production.

Acting wise, I do have to say Alec was more impressive as an emperor than Sun Yao Fei. Interestingly, I love all other roles that Sun Yao Fei does, just not as Hong Hei in Princess Huai Yu. Hong Hei was one of the most able and politically savvy rulers of the Qing Dynasty...he was portrayed as weak/ineffectual in most of Princess Huai Yu (so I suppose it was more the script's fault rather than Sun Yao Fei's acting).
    I think it's because Hong Hei's character was portrayed more as a romantic emperor. He wasn't brilliant in affairs of the state but he's not weak either. Alec was a stronger emperor, but somehow he's not as engaging or charismatic as supposed to be. Mischevious Princess is interesting to watch, but the romance is actually quite bland. It's not the kind of series where you feel compelled to watch every episode unless you're a Alec die-hard fan.

In which dynasty is the story set in? Ming, since the Emperor's surname is Zhu, or some fictional dynasty?

Is this series reasonably funny to watch?

I read the synopsis, and already I like the character Bai Yun Fei, sent on a quest of retribution.

Talking

I have this series at home, and I love it a lot. I've re-watch it like a thousand times.

I have a question, the guy that played as Jang Na Ra older brother, was that Cui Peng ???

I don't like the character Ba.ch Va^n Phi, he's too boring. My fav chars are Tie^?u Long Ha`, hoa`ng thu*o*.ng & co^ng chu'a, that girl wore mini-dress in an ancient series. I thought Florence Tan was so funny, but very pretty too.

I think JNR would be a fun candidate for the Zhao Min's role, if HSDS ever get remake and if Jin Yong would let a Korean actress plays in his series.