Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chor Lau Heung 2001

I guess the stars are all that keep ppl watching this series, since the storyline was pretty bad.
    Actually, the series is not that bad at all, the girls are cute and charming, and the heroes awesome (except for the ugly Richie Ren).
    But I didnt like it at all that CLH has love affairs with almost every girl that somehow happens to show up in this series! And almost everyone of them died right after they discover their "love" for that ugly man.
    Anita, Chuong Tay and Gigi were my favs. and they both got killed by CLH himself!
    But thats not even the worst thing. I really hated that Kristy girl, that jumped out of nowhere and got to end up with CLH. So undeservingly. Not to mention that this character was the only girl who was not charming! I thought she was rather annoying.

But well, the sceneries are beautiful, and apart from Kristy and Richie, it was ok I think, the cast did a great job. I would give this series 3 1/2 stars

Hey dun say that abt Kristy. She's gorgeous.

when did Joey Meng appeared? i don't remember seeing her...
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

For one thing, no, CLH did not kill Truong Tay, ( Cheung sai) who played Hong Xiu.. she was one of the lucky survivors

2) Kristy is pretty., but the series made her ugly..crappy hair do.

3) Joey Meng, she was Thailand's princess who came to VN to get a husband. She fell in love with CLH. for somet stupid reasons,.. they killed her off too.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I've watched all CLH movies and series, but I skipped this one because Richie Ren is so not CLH at all. He's too ugly and he doesn't have that CLH aura to pass off either.

I was going to watch it because Ekin Cheng is in it, but then I heard that he's not in it long enough, so...yeah screw it.

well... I said she was not charming ... at least not to me

Yeah, I meant Anita and Gigi got both killed by CLH, some how Truong Tay happened to get in between. But she did not get killed at all, maybe its because she felt for that nice swordman instead of CLH.

Ekin and Dicky Cheung are both worth watching. Ekin portrayed a charming Ly Tam Hoan. And Dicky was a thoughtful villain who by the way seems funnier than mean. Somehow I think Dicky gives way better perfomances when he guest-stars and not starring himself.

But I would recommend this series anyway, it was really nicely done, very beautiful and sometimes very funny, just do not look too long at CLH.

I only watched it cause of the guest casts.. too bad about 95 % of them were killed off.

I liked RUby in the series.. tho her character was just THERE, not really a significance to most of the story.
    Ekin made a suave Li tam Hoan.. tho Dicky was just acting like how is acts in other series, stupid and ridiculous ( i meant that in a good way)

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Kay_Thi
    when did Joey Meng appeared? i don't remember seeing her...
    She was noticealbe on CLH......how did u miss her!!!.......She appear half way[ish] though the series for a few episodes, her charc was so funny lol

oh...i was so disappointed with this series. i watched it for ekin and he was only in a few episodes although he's got such strong presences. i wished so bad that ekin have the main role. the series would have been much much better for that alone.

needless to say, i only watched some parts and fast forward alot of them. after gigi's character got kill off, i stop altogether.
    ---------
    Shellie

This series was really disappointing because everyone dies. I didn't like Kristy in this series either. She came out of no where, and she looked so bad in this series! I think she should stck with Modern series.
    LOVE is the sourse of all INSPIRATION.

LIU YI FEI <3

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by shellie
    oh...i was so disappointed with this series. i watched it for ekin and he was only in a few episodes although he's got such strong presences. i wished so bad that ekin have the main role. the series would have been much much better for that alone.

needless to say, i only watched some parts and fast forward alot of them. after gigi's character got kill off, i stop altogether.
    blah blah blah...this is old news....... u say exactly what1 else say but u own words!!!try 2 post sumthin different!!! So many negative comment on this series

OH! i forgot,... the doctor died too! The really famous/good doctor who saved Gigi's character..

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    blah blah blah...this is old news....... u say exactly what1 else say but u own words!!!try 2 post sumthin different!!! So many negative comment on this series
    umm...yea it's in my own words as i was agreeing with most of everyone's view and have nothing else to say about the series. is something wrong with that? besides, it's not my problem if there are so many negative comments about the series. it's the truth. the series suck. i haven't even read the book but not that it's going to make any difference.

if it's old news to you, you didn't have to reply.
    ---------
    Shellie

I really need to start watching up to date series if I want to get into a discussion......

Anyway, just finished CLH2001 and despite mostly horrendous reviews, I thought that it was generally watchable.

But... a few changes won't go amiss:-

I reiterate with what's been said.... What's up with killing most of the cast?... (This reminds me to some extent of 'Proud of Twins'.... what's with all the melodrama, man? Can't we have some happy endings some of the time?)

Whats up with nearly everyone falling for CLH and vice versa? (Way too ridiculous, they would have been better to concentrate on 2 or 3 main romantic plots). Please take note that CLH has SEVEN 'romances' in 35 episodes!!...

Nice one for Ruby to make a pass at CLH, when her sister is in a coma, in another country, awaiting rescue....

Where did that last love interest came from (They should have just ended the series with Gigi's death, and Ruby not choosing CLH.... arghhh what poetic justic that he should end up alone..) The actual end was totally unecessary)...

Richie is okay, he brings an new interpretation to CLH, esp. in the beginning. But his character just got more and more grating as the series went on.....

Don't get me started on that ending.... Everygirl that's liked him has ended badly, and the emotion at each death/pating last about 5 minutes and then he's on to his next target. SCUM. A little more emotional/ alone/ contemplation time between girls would be nice.

Ah. I see why some of you are so mad with the CLH character now.

Joey Mengs character was the best in the series

My favourite character would be Hong Xiu, acted by Cheung Sai. She was really cool and i liked her relationship with that assassin guy. I can't wait to see SFF's portrayal of HX in the latest adaptation. Anita Mui and Gigi Lai were great as well..though I didn't really like how they altered Gigi's character, Su RongRong. But Gigi still portrayed the new SRR pretty well.

Out of the male characters, Ekin's was the coolest and Richie Ren as CLX was just blah..Ekin would have made a pretty good CLX imo.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    My favourite character would be Hong Xiu, acted by Cheung Sai. She was really cool and i liked her relationship with that assassin guy. I can't wait to see SFF's portrayal of HX in the latest adaptation. Anita Mui and Gigi Lai were great as well..though I didn't really like how they altered Gigi's character, Su RongRong. But Gigi still portrayed the new SRR pretty well.

Out of the male characters, Ekin's was the coolest and Richie Ren as CLX was just blah..Ekin would have made a pretty good CLX imo.
    No offence but she has a big head

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    Joey Mengs character was the best in the series
    I lyke Ruby Lin and Kristy Yeung charc da most!!!

Joey Mengs was better on MDWAV1-3 IMO

my least fave charc is Gigi Lai - she was a bit annoying in this series

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    I lyke Ruby Lin and Kristy Yeung charc da most!!!

Joey Mengs was better on MDWAV1-3 IMO

my least fave charc is Gigi Lai - she was a bit annoying in this series
    whos kisty yueng?

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    whos kisty yueng?
    How can u not know who is Kristy Yeung?

http://www.kyifc.net/ ring da bell?