Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Chor Lau Heung 2001
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: Chor Lau Heung 2001

  1. #1
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default Chor Lau Heung 2001



    Casts: Richie Ren, Gigi Lai, Ruby Lin, Ekin Cheng, Dicky Cheung, Wayne Lai, more...

  2. #2
    Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

    Default

    I remember this series but I thought it's was Taiwanese

  3. #3
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    I remember this series but I thought it's was Taiwanese
    It is? I just thought it had to be China since most of the leads and supporting are either from mainland or Hong Kong...

    I remember watching it quite a while ago and I remembering liking it. I just started rewatching episode 1.

  4. #4
    Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    It is? I just thought it had to be China since most of the leads and supporting are either from mainland and Hong Kong...

    I remember watching it quite a while ago and I remembering liking it. I just started rewatching episode 1.
    Ruby Lin, Richie Ren is Taiwanese not china...I love this series too

  5. #5
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    Ruby Lin, Richie Ren is Taiwanese not china...I love this series too
    Whatever...who cares! They speak Mandarin and Mandarin is Chinese! This series is still good...

  6. #6
    Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Whatever...who cares! They speak Mandarin and Mandarin is Chinese! This series is still good...
    Yeah it's good series I can't believe ppl give it a bad review

  7. #7
    Senior Member Surferket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Try telling this to the Taiwanese and they'll tell you they ar Taiwanese and not Chinese.

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Whatever...who cares! They speak Mandarin and Mandarin is Chinese! This series is still good...

  8. #8
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    I think I should have posted this at the TVB section since TVB bought the right or something.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    hMm.
    Posts
    994

    Default

    omg i remember this! ..how me n my bro's n sis-in-law thought it was soo good that we anticipated every week for the viet-dubbed tape 2 release n we would go out n rent it right away n all of us would gather in the living room watching it n i also remember my sis-in-law saying that richie ren was ugly but now that we're watching him so much..he looks CUTE ahah n i remember the theme song to it..so does my bro n sis-in-law 'cause we thought it was soo good n the tune was really catchy so even years after finishing the series..we still even remember how the tune goes hah n back then, i didn't kno nething abt these forums until 2 yrs. ago so i had no idea where 2 dl the theme song but now i have it!
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

    don't ****ing piss me off or i'll jam my cigg into ur eye

  10. #10
    Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I think I should have posted this at the TVB section since TVB bought the right or something.
    Yeah TVB brought it but not a real TVB show... it's got some ATV cast on it e.g Joey Meng, Kristy Yeung. I think it should be on general series.

  11. #11
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    Yeah TVB brought it but not a real TVB show... it's got some ATV cast on it e.g Joey Meng, Kristy Yeung. I think it should be on general series.
    Well this series is really a mix of everything but since it uses the Chinese language then I'll put it in China...haha!

    Finished rewatching Episode 4 and so far it is good by the way is the end when Chor Lau Heung finds out his true identity?

  12. #12
    Banned SkyKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Earth?
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    this series could be good if Ekin Chor Lau Heung..........he has the cool look....

  13. #13
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing
    this series could be good if Ekin Chor Lau Heung..........he has the cool look....
    I don't remember if Ekin stays in this series for too long...he doesn't right? How about Dicky? If I remember correctly then both of them don't remain in the series for long.

  14. #14
    Banned SkyKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Earth?
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I don't remember if Ekin stays in this series for too long...he doesn't right? How about Dicky? If I remember correctly then both of them don't remain in the series for long.
    both of them starring only about 3-6 ep...they are guest stars

  15. #15
    Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Well this series is really a mix of everything but since it uses the Chinese language then I'll put it in China...haha!

    Finished rewatching Episode 4 and so far it is good by the way is the end when Chor Lau Heung finds out his true identity?
    If I remember correctly a female told him middle of the series....I've got whole VCD of it

  16. #16
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    I guess most of you have not read the novel if you think this series is good. I think it was horrible since they not only changed the story, but they changed the name of the characters and stuff too. I think that is disrespectful to the original writer Gu Long. Too bad he has passed away and can't do anything about it.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  17. #17
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I guess most of you have not read the novel if you think this series is good. I think it was horrible since they not only changed the story, but they changed the name of the characters and stuff too. I think that is disrespectful to the original writer Gu Long. Too bad he has passed away and can't do anything about it.
    Trinie what part of the story did they change? But this series isn't that bad if you never read the novel.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    I didn't even finish this series or read all of the novels, so I can't say.... But one thing I remember is that they made CLH Xiao Li Fei Dao's student?? WHAT??? The story of CLH took place way before XLFD, so how can he be XLFD's student? Ruby's character was also made up and did not even exist.... You can read the spcnet reviews for more of the changes that they made. Also, I heard that most of the stars die in this series or only appear for 1-2 eps?? What is up with that?? Was it because they couldn't afford to pay them for more than 1-2 eps???
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  19. #19
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I didn't even finish this series or read all of the novels, so I can't say.... But one thing I remember is that they made CLH Xiao Li Fei Dao's student?? WHAT??? The story of CLH took place way before XLFD, so how can he be XLFD's student? Ruby's character was also made up and did not even exist.... You can read the spcnet reviews for more of the changes that they made. Also, I heard that most of the stars die in this series or only appear for 1-2 eps?? What is up with that?? Was it because they couldn't afford to pay them for more than 1-2 eps???
    ehh...that means most of the story was damn modified! no little dagger lee means no chor lau heung's flying dagger technique and that means people wouldn't pursue him and that means...wow...

  20. #20
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    about what percent is this adaption loyal to the novel?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 300
    Last Post: 10-31-16, 10:40 PM
  2. Ponderings on Chor Lau Heung
    By Suet Seung in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-07-15, 10:20 PM
  3. Chor lau Heung
    By Allen D in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-24-06, 06:49 AM
  4. Chor Lau Heung 2001
    By p0thead in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-05, 12:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •