Thread: Question about LOCH and ROCH

Default Question about LOCH and ROCH

I just recently finished watching the LOCH 2008 version and I was wondering if they're going to do a remake with the same actors from the 2008 version for a new ROCH. I know that they already had a 2006 version for ROCH but i was just wondering if they're going to be remaking the entire series with the same actors all throughout.

The director for LOCH 2008 has already announced that he will be filming LOCH only. No news on any remake of ROCH so far.

yea so far no news, but i seriously hope they will reconsider, i really want hu ge to play yang guo. i really enjoy lgl style of filming since the scenery, costumes, and music are so pop like, it really fits the mood as well as the characters always play their role perfectly. good music makes a series worth watching, which was why i enjoyed all lgl series. he uses same actors over and over but tvb and zjz does the same, but lgl use to be with tvb, gives you that old tvb feeling when you watch his series. i think thats why all his series are so good, even cp3 is still being praised and top series. and cp3 the music,costumes, characters and acting were the highlight of the series.

i hope lgl continue making jin yong novel, i hope to see hu ge play duan yi, lin hu chong, iyang guo, and chang wu ji. he fit all of these roles pefectly.

Quote Originally Posted by limeic View Post
    The director for LOCH 2008 has already announced that he will be filming LOCH only. No news on any remake of ROCH so far.
    Sorry, but I am SICK or remakes and ROCH has been remade way too many times that it should not be remade for a long time. I think a lot of you are just interested in the cast since the new remake of LOCH 2008 was not a good adaption at all in my opinion. I think it was just used to boost the names of the cast up, but the adaption itself did not have much to credibility at all.
    Last edited by Trinie; 01-31-10 at 03:25 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Apologies if you mistook me wrongly. Just trying to state a fact that LGL is not interested in filming ROCH.

I am fond of LGL's works, but I am not of the opinion to have a ROCH remake with the cast of LOCH. I think it's totally unsuitable. However, ROCH, being one of Louis Cha's more popular titles in dramas, will definitely see another remake eventually.

TBH, I am not looking forward to any remakes of ROCH but if it is being remade, I will still watch it. I sincerely hope it will come much later... like 5 years or more?

well its been 4 years. so i actually do see a remake coming soon. but honestly i wish the lotch crew will make state of divinity first since after the 96 version from tvb, i really don't like the other versions.

but still if your making a trilogy you gotta make the rest by all means. so i really do wish rotch comes out soon. i guess it could be the casting problems. i mean i remember back in zjz rotch hu ge was almost chosen as yang guo, but instead went off to do chinese paladin, liao zhai, young warriors. then with hu ge being guo jing in part 1, it will be wierd to cast him as the son in part 2. my friends and i don't mind if hu ge plays the role since there arent that much good actors around that fit the role. hu ge being versatile in all his series we've seen, he can practically play any role.

lgl production basically reminds me of older tvb series and how their bringing out actors/actress and showing them off like how tvb did. not new tvb, their not good with scripts and ancient series anyone since their focus is more modern series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    well its been 4 years. so i actually do see a remake coming soon. but honestly i wish the lotch crew will make state of divinity first since after the 96 version from tvb, i really don't like the other versions.

but still if your making a trilogy you gotta make the rest by all means. so i really do wish rotch comes out soon. i guess it could be the casting problems. i mean i remember back in zjz rotch hu ge was almost chosen as yang guo, but instead went off to do chinese paladin, liao zhai, young warriors. then with hu ge being guo jing in part 1, it will be wierd to cast him as the son in part 2. my friends and i don't mind if hu ge plays the role since there arent that much good actors around that fit the role. hu ge being versatile in all his series we've seen, he can practically play any role.

lgl production basically reminds me of older tvb series and how their bringing out actors/actress and showing them off like how tvb did. not new tvb, their not good with scripts and ancient series anyone since their focus is more modern series.
    Four years is still a VERY short period of time for another remake to come out. Usually from what I have seen, it usually takes around 9-10 years(most of the time) for a novel to be remade. It would be really boring to keep on remaking series so consecutively with a popular cast each time. Then the only ones that end up watching the series are people whom are big fans of the cast....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by limeic View Post
    There has been choruses of pleadings for Li Guo Li to do a sequel to "Young Warriors of the Yang Clan" but he turned a deaf ear. So if he says he will do LOCH only, he means it. Looks like he's not too fond of sequels with the exception of Chinese Paladin.

then with hu ge being guo jing in part 1, it will be wierd to cast him as the son in part 2. my friends and i don't mind if hu ge plays the role since there arent that much good actors around that fit the role. hu ge being versatile in all his series we've seen, he can practically play any role. billig ed hardy bekleidung

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanys View Post
    then with hu ge being guo jing in part 1, it will be wierd to cast him as the son in part 2. my friends and i don't mind if hu ge plays the role since there arent that much good actors around that fit the role. hu ge being versatile in all his series we've seen, he can practically play any role.
    Pls don't let Hu Ge play that whiny obsessive YG character. It will ruin his career.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanys View Post
    then with hu ge being guo jing in part 1, it will be wierd to cast him as the son in part 2. my friends and i don't mind if hu ge plays the role since there arent that much good actors around that fit the role. hu ge being versatile in all his series we've seen, he can practically play any role. billig ed hardy bekleidung

Yang Guo is Guo Jing nephew not son....