Thread: Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu Translation (Liang Yu Sheng)

Default Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu Translation (Liang Yu Sheng)

If anyone in here is interested, and honestly I'm always pysched up by Liang Yu Sheng's works since his works are under-representated in the English Speaking World (FairyQueenie is the only one who worked on LYS novel - Bai Fa Mo Nu Zhuan) Mawguy, A member of Wuxia Mania is attempting to translate LYS's Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu in Wuxia Mania forum, with help with several LYS Experts there. Help from here would be appreciated as well.

http://www.phorumz.com/wuxiamania-forum-6.html
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

Junior Member WhiteHairedMaiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    If anyone in here is interested, and honestly I'm always pysched up by Liang Yu Sheng's works since his works are under-representated in the English Speaking World (FairyQueenie is the only one who worked on LYS novel - Bai Fa Mo Nu Zhuan) Mawguy, A member of Wuxia Mania is attempting to translate LYS's Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu in Wuxia Mania forum, with help with several LYS Experts there. Help from here would be appreciated as well.

http://www.phorumz.com/wuxiamania-forum-6.html

Sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out sometime. What is it about? Is it the one about Yu Lou Cha & the others' disciples?

atv made this series in the 80's (or maybe late 70's) which starred damien lau and michelle yim...it was a classic. great storyline, great cast, and great theme song. i don't remember much about the story but i do remember enjoying the series a lot...more recently, china produced this into a series starring fbb...i have no comment for this series.

i'll definitely take a look at this translation. thanks for informing us.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Default basic synopsis

hello! for those who don't know the story and haven't watched the atv 1985 production, here's a brief synopsis:

set in the ming dynasty, the story focusses on the romeo-and-juliet pair of lovers, cheung dan fung and wan lui. cheung's father is one of the prime ministers of a small mongolian country, oirat, that is trying to invade china; cheung is also the descendant of cheung si sing, the rival of the ming dynasty's founder, chu yuen cheung. wan's grandfather was an official of the ming court and was sent as an ambassador to oirat; cheung's father, who hates all ming emperors and loyalists, imprisoned wan's grandfather and forced him to be a shepherd for 20 years. when wan's grandfather finally escaped oirat and returned to china, he was poisoned by decree of the ming emperor; among his final commands to wan lui was that she and her older brother must seek revenge on the cheung family. and so, the war begins.

the atv production starred michelle yim (mai suet) and damian lau. it has its faults, but it's one of the best wuxia tv series i've seen to date. worth seeing.

i'm working hard at getting a summary of the book posted soon. please check wuxiamania in a few weeks time.

I've seen the recent adaption of this novel maybe 1-2 years ago. IIRC the female lead was played by the girl who played Zi Wei in HZGG. The story revolved around the foreign minister trying to recover a hidden cache of treasure to fund an attempt to overthrow the current emperor right?

It was a bit melodramatic but far more watchable than the Bai Fa Mo Nui adaption I saw (the one where ZYH sees her imitating a dolphin). I have no idea how faithful it was to the original story since I've never read the novel.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

i haven't watched the china adaptation of ping zong, but i'm told it deviates quite a bit from the novel. the atv production was more faithful.

i'm pleased to announce that i have completed the summary for ping zong xia ying lu. i have posted it on wuxiamania. enjoy!

http://wuxiamania.phorumz.com/wuxiam...8911.html#8911

thanks man. will check it out!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Just a quick note, the translation has been reposted in the new forum

http://wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56

i regret to announce that the PZXYL translation cannot be posted online (not that i've finished it yet) because the HK publisher denied my request.

Dear Mawguy,

We are sorry to inform you that we could not give you authorization on
    the entire translation for the novel you mentioned.

For the summary, in case there is no contortion about the story, it is
    free for you to put on the web as a kind of sharing.

Thanks.

Cosmos Books Ltd
    nostalgic for wuxiasociety? http://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/

Quote Originally Posted by mawguy View Post
    i regret to announce that the PZXYL translation cannot be posted online (not that i've finished it yet) because the HK publisher denied my request.
    1) Are you being denied the right to post the translation summary or the whole translation?

2) Did you contact the publisher or did the publisher gave you the notice?

Han SOlo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    1) Are you being denied the right to post the translation summary or the whole translation?
    the whole translation. the summary can stay put.

2) Did you contact the publisher or did the publisher gave you the notice?
    i contacted them. my intention was to have the request forwarded to mr. liang yusheng. whether that was done is not clear.
    nostalgic for wuxiasociety? http://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/