Thread: XLN after 16 yrs.

Default XLN after 16 yrs.

Did XLN designed a new sword technique after 16 yrs? In Roch83 she showed YG her new sword technique when they reunited. This is probably added by TVB cuz I have not heard of this sword skill at all, yuk nu duan chuen gim or something like that.
    Dragon2005

Not in the novel.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by dragon2005
    Did XLN designed a new sword technique after 16 yrs? In Roch83 she showed YG her new sword technique when they reunited. This is probably added by TVB cuz I have not heard of this sword skill at all, yuk nu duan chuen gim or something like that.
    Yeah this is pure fiction added on by TVB. Little Dragon Girl never developed a new set of sword techniques.

Interesting question, because I don't know the answer, hehe - other people have answered though. Just wondering, this doesn't happen in the 95 version right?
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Yeah this is pure fiction added on by TVB. Little Dragon Girl never developed a new set of sword techniques.
    TVB and their CREATIVE scriptwriters.
    ..ext88

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    haha yeah. tvb always seem to modify plots. but the 83 version isn't really that modified, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    haha yeah. tvb always seem to modify plots. but the 83 version isn't really that modified, is it?
    The devil is in the details. During the 1980s, TVB usually got the broad strokes right (except in DGSD '81, where they completely rewrote the final 1/3 of the story), but the details get changed quite a bit.

The new sword technique for Little Dragon Girl wasn't such a bad idea, however. It's one of those adaptation-only ideas that you kind of wish Jin Yong had actually used.

I actually liked the idea of XLN creating a new sword technique. With all that time on her hand, she has to do something useful.
    At least TVB stuck to the novel and had YG 's hair turned white overnight. I don't think any of the other adaptations showed that. The other YGs all had strands of white hair before the scheduled meeting date with XLN.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Being creative isnn't that bad. Scriptwriters/Directors have some of their own ideas u knw!!!

if it's exactly the name as the novel it be too predictable to watch IMO.

Nothing wrong with being creative I guess... however, if you think about it, XLN has never been as keen on Kung Fu as YG. When they first started learning Yuk Lui Sam Keng, she was ready to give it up 'cos it was too difficult to be naked and yet not see each other - whilst she's very kung fu-wise, she doesn't seek to be the best or seek fights.

If YG didn't come along, XLN won't have learnt the rest of the best Kung Fu in the Ancient Tomb sect - she mentioned that even her Si Fu didn't learn it.

She has always seem to learn just what is necessary to get herself out of situations, e.g. when she learned from Chau Pat Tong in the cave after he was bitten by the poisonous spider.

So, even though she might have 16 years of sitting around when she attempt to commit suicide, it'd be 'unlike' her to be inventing any new sword technique, esp. when the sword is not her favourite weapon - her sash with golden bells is her favourite. XLN is doesn't like killing people - not even the person who raped her. So, the aim of her fights are largely to defeat without killing - the only time when she actually intends to kill is when YG was hurt/harmed.