View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in a beauty contest?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Princess Fragrance

54 56.25%
  • Xiao Longnu

42 43.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beauty Contest: Princess Fragrance v Xiao Longnu

Post Beauty Contest: Princess Fragrance v Xiao Longnu

Who is the most beauriful lady in JY novels - is it Princess Fragrance (xiangxiang) or Xiao Longnu? Who will you vote for if both of them were to participate in a beauty contest?
    ..ext88

I heard that princess fragrance is the most beautiful woman in JY? so she would win by quite a bit

I had to pick Princess Fragrance because of the way Jin Yong described her in that scene where she literally stopped an army with her beauty. Not that I liked this particular description, mind you: it was one of those "Oh, c'mon!" moments that made me gag.

As much as I'm not a fan of Little Dragon Girl, at least Jin Yong's descriptions of her beauty weren't quite so over the top.

My vote goes to Princess Fragrance due to the descriptions in the novel. XLN although a rare beauty, was not able to stop an army with her looks. Otherwise, the battle at the end of ROCH could have been avoided.

IMO, it is a very unrealistic notion that anyone can be THAT beautiful. I mean unless the princess has magical powers, it is highly unlikely any sane man would commit suicide just for upsetting her.
    He made her sneeze or something like that... I forget the details as she is a very wooden vase character.

Princess Fragrance = JY version of Helen of Troy
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Fragrance. Not EVEN a competition.

Xiao Longnu, people who saw her thought, "Wow, she's pretty hot."

Fragrance? "Oh my God, I made her sad! *decapitates himself*"

They're both winners in Who Do I Dislike Contest.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I had to pick Princess Fragrance because of the way Jin Yong described her in that scene where she literally stopped an army with her beauty. Not that I liked this particular description, mind you: it was one of those "Oh, c'mon!" moments that made me gag.

As much as I'm not a fan of Little Dragon Girl, at least Jin Yong's descriptions of her beauty weren't quite so over the top.

hehe, thats one gross smilie Ken
    havent come up with a good one yet..

TommyH
    Unregistered

Not too familar with Princess Frangance's descriptions but based on how people said she stopped a whole army with her beauty...oh c'mon...nothing can be prettier than that.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    oh c'mon...nothing can be prettier than that.
    I'll go you one better than that: nothing can be as beautiful as that. Jin Yong was stretching credibility like a maxed out rubber band with that one. I'm more able to accept his ideas about people shooting chi energy from their fingers and a 100-year old gorilla with a martial arts manual stitched under its skin than I am to accept this "face that stopped an army" malarkey.

Heck, I'll even accept Dook Goo Kau Bai's claims of invincibility before I accept this one...

TommyH
    Unregistered

I'll go you one better than that: nothing can be as beautiful as that. Jin Yong was stretching credibility like a maxed out rubber band with that one. I'm more able to accept his ideas about people shooting chi energy from their fingers and a 100-year old gorilla with a martial arts manual stitched under its skin than I am to accept this "face that stopped an army" malarkey.

Heck, I'll even accept Dook Goo Kau Bai's claims of invincibility before I accept this one...
    Does that mean it took you a while before you accepted the idea of people shooting chi with their palm? Hehe! I wonder how stunningly beautiful her face really is...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Does that mean it took you a while before you accepted the idea of people shooting chi with their palm? Hehe! I wonder how stunningly beautiful her face really is...
    I wonder which actress that is drop dead gorgeous enough to play this role in an adaption.

Quote Originally Posted by The_One
    I wonder which actress that is drop dead gorgeous enough to play this role in an adaption.
    better not be liu yi fei again ...

Well, Liu Yi Fei IS drop dead gorgeous.

Agree!! Liu Yi Fei FTW!!

But Princess Fragrance ACTUALLY DID do that, we saw it happen live Your problem with Dugu is that we never saw him be invincible. Nevertheless, I know what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by The_One
    They should hire an actress of the same ethnic background as Princess Fragrance to play the role
    havent come up with a good one yet..

If you look at their roles in their respective stories: XLN was meant to be (i.e JY's intention) a beautiful girl and Princess Xiangxiang was meant to be an angel.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Well, Liu Yi Fei IS drop dead gorgeous.
    i must love to disagree with you...
    i don't find lyf particularly stunning..cute but not beautiful...however, i do like yang mi a lot...just sad that her costume in roch did her no justice...imagine lyf in the same crappy costume as yang mi. i doubt she can pull it off.

so if anyone has to play princess fragance at this point, i'd pick yang mi...however, princess fragance is mixed so that's another issue we need to consider when it comes to picking actresses.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    i must love to disagree with you...
    i don't find lyf particularly stunning..cute but not beautiful...however, i do like yang mi a lot...just sad that her costume in roch did her no justice...imagine lyf in the same crappy costume as yang mi. i doubt she can pull it off.

so if anyone has to play princess fragance at this point, i'd pick yang mi...however, princess fragance is mixed so that's another issue we need to consider when it comes to picking actresses.
    Ok, I've check out Yang Mi's pictures just now. I don't find her that beatiful. She's above average, but not drop dead gorgeous. I still think Liu Yi Fei is more beautiful than her. Gao Yun Yun is also more beautiful than her.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-27-06 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Ok, I've check out Yang Mi's pictures just now. I don't find her that beatiful. She above average, but not drop dead gorgeous. I still think Liu Yi Fei is more beautiful than her.

oh! that is just blasphemy it's okay, i think lyf is more photogenic and looks better in pix than on camera...but that's just me. there are lovers of lyf and there must be a reason why though i can't seem to recognize it...maybe because i don't like chubby cheeks unless they're on babies?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)