Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ROCH 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    i tink hxm was quite ok in the show. he was pretty cool.
    nah, he was way behind Andy and Louis. Better than Richie Ren though, although that says practically nothing

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    nah, he was way behind Andy and Louis. Better than Richie Ren though, although that says practically nothing
    haha. i suppose so as i didn't watch the previous roch adaptions with andy and louis.
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

haha. i suppose so as i didn't watch the previous roch adaptions with andy and louis.
    well, since you're not a girl looking for more eyecandy, doesn't matter so much. I did think that Carman made a very beautiful XLN though, and Idy's acting was even better than LYFs. So maybe it is worth watching.

well, since you're not a girl looking for more eyecandy, doesn't matter so much. I did think that Carman made a very beautiful XLN though, and Idy's acting was even better than LYFs. So maybe it is worth watching.
    ahem. i prefer lyf to carmen. if i have the time, i wuld rather watch roch 2006 as i would never get tires of hxm as yg and lyf as xln. lol well but i admit tat louis can make a very good yg too as his look are very cool. but the actress for xln shld change as she dun go compatible with louis. tt's my opinion.

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

ahem. i prefer lyf to carmen. if i have the time, i wuld rather watch roch 2006 as i would never get tires of hxm as yg and lyf as xln. lol well but i admit tat louis can make a very good yg too as his look are very cool. but the actress for xln shld change as she dun go compatible with louis. tt's my opinion.
    sigh... you are yet to see the chemistry between Louis and Carman. They are a very good couple as YG and XLN, and i feel have much better chemistry than HXM and LYF

lol ROCH 95 is my personal fav.
    Yeah Carmen Lee made a great loveable XLN LK was good YG and them two really matched lah.

I prefer LYF over Carmen too. I mean... Carmen looks... well, kind of 'off' in ancient costume... ^^;

LYF has the best and most XLN feel and looks than other XLN actresses, IMO. The only flaw is that she tends to look too young. But well, she IS young so I guess that can't be helped. c.c;

HXM is totally Yang Guo too, though it seems like he tends to overact sometimes. For example, the scene where XLN asked YG whether he's going to marry her or not (just after the rape), I thought HXM shouted waaaaaay too loud, and his reaction too exaggerated. ^^;

Louis Koo looks pretty good for YG too, but he looks kind of feminine in his ROCH version... Or is Yang Guo actually supposed to look feminine? o.o;
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    Louis Koo looks pretty good for YG too, but he looks kind of feminine in his ROCH version... Or is Yang Guo actually supposed to look feminine? o.o;
    He's meant to be hot!

He's meant to be hot!
    lol. not hot, he's supposed to be cool. i jus dislike carmen and let me tell u her eyes have undergone plastic sugeory. so imo, i feel that she cant be compared woth my lyf.

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

lol. not hot, he's supposed to be cool. i jus dislike carmen and let me tell u her eyes have undergone plastic sugeory. so imo, i feel that she cant be compared woth my lyf.
    what an blasphemic statement

can't be helped the 'blindly obsessed' syndrome is spreadng like aids

haha. it's up to u whether to believe anot. i can tell u tat just as equally obsessed with carmen jus as im with lyf.

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

haha. it's up to u whether to believe anot. i can tell u tat just as equally obsessed with carmen jus as im with lyf.
    lol?

========================
    ^Thats right kiddies, don't do crack!

LYF is sooo overrated. Didn't like her as XLN or WYY. Too young. Carmen better. You can say I am obsessed with Carmen, but at least I don't have her as my Avatar.

Regarding YG's actor in 2005...he was shocking bad. At times I couldn't decide whether he was more 'sha' than sha gu. Seriously, he laughs like an idiot when he's not talking. He kills the jokes that made YG funny in the novel. He tries to act all carefree and cool, even in serious situations, end up looking like a twit. Verdict: he played a perfect role for a male Sha Gu.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    LYF is sooo overrated. Didn't like her as XLN or WYY. Too young. Carmen better. You can say I am obsessed with Carmen, but at least I don't have her as my Avatar.

Regarding YG's actor in 2005...he was shocking bad. At times I couldn't decide whether he was more 'sha' than sha gu. Seriously, he laughs like an idiot when he's not talking. He kills the jokes that made YG funny in the novel. He tries to act all carefree and cool, even in serious situations, end up looking like a twit. Verdict: he played a perfect role for a male Sha Gu.

he wasn't that bad actually he was the best YG in the second part and he is better than Lois Koo for sure

i m quite ok with louis but not with carmen. i jus dun like her looks and dislikin the main actress'e looks makes u dun feel like watchin the show at all. it wuld be so torturin..

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

i m quite ok with louis but not with carmen. i jus dun like her looks and dislikin the main actress'e looks makes u dun feel like watchin the show at all. it wuld be so torturin..
    You think it's torture to watch carman. LOL, what a joke! Carman looked just as nice as LYF. plus she did a better job with her doldness.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/b702669.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/200582222918514.jpg')

you can't tell me its a torture to watch a lady like that. (pics from wu dang, carman aged 31 and still looking great)

aye...tats not one of her better pics...she looked alot better in Yang Heroin. tat pic makes her look old.

I've watched both Andy Lau's version and the new ROCH 2006. Frankly, they cannot be compared. I've always wonder why people enjoy the old ones, and I finally decided to rent the old version and have a look. The conclusion: It's so funny, the actors were not as professional as now. The only reason I can think of that makes the old version good is the actor, I guess some old folks still likes actors like Andy Lau, and immortalised his drama/series.

The Andy Lau's version was too outdated, their kung fu sucks big time . And it's funny to see Yi Deng with hair(!), and Andy Lau's Yeung Gor having the wrong arm chopped! And the scenery was so fake. If people say their kung fu is more original than the CGI added in ROCH 2006, then they should have instead watched Bruce Lee's movies for good.

I am currently watching the episodes involving Loveless Valley and Gongsun Zhi. I must say that I pretty much hate the way they portrayed Yang Guo's dependency on Dragon Girl. It is simply much worse than reading the novel. When I read the novel, I am fine with their relationship and I don't find Yang Guo annoying. But I find ROCH 2006's lead acting very unconvincing, overly cheesy, and difficult for a guy such as myself to enjoy. On the other hands, the fight scenes are highly enjoyable.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I watched ROCH 2006 before ROCH 83... but surprisingly, i like the 83 version more than the 2006 version... I think that latest version doesn't give me an ancient wuxia feeling.. rather, 06 seems like an imaginary world.. 83 hand to hand fighting might seems lame to many ppl but one have to consider the technology they have back then... The scene where YG and XLN are practising YNXJ in the 06 version, they are more like dancing... One might say that this is a creative way to portray martial arts but this surely doesn't feel realistic..

Overall, i think HXM looks more like YG BUT andy is definitely a better actor if ppl are willing to evaluate objectively(ahem).. andy is able to show the transformation much better- from the childish YG to the mature YG.. Looking at Andy's YG, i was able to feel for him, sympathise the character.. HXM made me feel like throwing something at him in the initial stages.. He was able to redeem himself towards the end of the show.. As for LYF, she is juz the right age to be XLN.. Sure, she is gd looking but her look doesn't last if u get wat i mean.. from the novel, XLN's looks is suppose to linger in one's memory but LYF doesn't... Carmen and Idy has that special quality- who can forget their cold stares?! In terms of acting, Idy is better.. she was able to show a wider range of emotions from her facial expression, her eyes tells it all.. ROCH 83 has better leads in overall
    .. i think ROCH 06 is for ppl that wan to look for eye candies and better scenery...
    I love the golden 80s period of TVB!!!
    Michael Miu + Barbara Yung = MOST FAV COUPLE