Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9Yang: 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 <> 1

Default 9Yang: 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 <> 1

I frequently read how each of the people at Jueyuan's deathbed each received one third of the Jiu Yang manual from the verbal recitation. Surely no-one thinks this is the case?

Each of the people: Wuse, Guo Xiang & Zhang Junbao (Zhang Sanfeng) listened and came away with a version of the manual that formed the basis of a formalized system of internal power cultivation. Incomplete compared to the original Jiu Yang manual but consistent within its own version.

The characteristics of each version:

Shaolin: deep
    Emei: broad
    Wudang: pure

A reflection of their martial cultivation and experience at the time they received the Jiu Yang teachings.

I can't believe that the power of the various Jiu Yang gong is only 1/3 of the original.

They didn't receive one-third. JY clearly states that Wuse got the most and ZJB got the least. It's just that they all received a portion and not the same portions.

Among all three portions there was some overlap and probably some areas that all three missed. If you were to combine the parts that Mo Sik, Gwok Seung, and Cheung Gwun Bo had, you'd probably find some redundancies and some parts missing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    They didn't receive one-third. JY clearly states that Wuse got the most and ZJB got the least. It's just that they all received a portion and not the same portions.
    No - it clearly states that the three got versions with the following qualities: deep, broad, pure; nothing about quantity.

Broadly I would say that all 3 versions have the same power but with some minor differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Among all three portions there was some overlap and probably some areas that all three missed. If you were to combine the parts that Mo Sik, Gwok Seung, and Cheung Gwun Bo had, you'd probably find some redundancies and some parts missing.
    Yes, and that is why Z3F wanted to trade Shaolin in an effort to cure the young ZWJ of the effects of the Xuan Ming palm.

If you read the later chapters, it also states that ZJB ended up with the least.

If you read the later chapters, it also states that ZJB ended up with the least.
    Which chapters?

I don't remember off the top of my head so when I find it, I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT
    Which chapters?
    When Wudang hero 2 was explaining 9 Yang to Wudang hero 5 and Yin Su Su.

1/3X3 doesn't work like you think. Firstly, it clearly stated that the complete set was far more deep(somewhere, I just remember reading it). And ZWJ only needed to complete like set 2 or 3 to completely recover. He didn't need 4 to heal the poison inside of him.

And think about this: Jue Yuan is reading 9 Yang right? And Z3F,GX,Shaolin monk are all around listening. Wouldn't it be obvious that the one that all 3 are listening to are the same? Therefore, if you had combined all 3, then there should have been tons of redundicies. You're right, GX-most, Z3F-pure, Monk-powerful. But it's still the same thing. GX had the most because she had the best memory of the 3. Jue Yuan wasn't purposely teaching, he was just reciting it. It would be pretty hard to memorize all of that if Jue Yuan wouldn't stop and just kept of talking. Therefore, GX had the most. Shaolin monk had the most powerful because his level of martial art training exceeded the other 2; therefore, he could modify the Shaolin 9 Yang and make it more powerful than the other 2. Z3F had the puriest because he learnt the least amount of martial art.

Z3F was hoping that Shaolin could give them their's because Z3F knew for sure that he had the least amount of the 3. Therefore, there should be more to train in Shaolin 9 Yang.

That's what I meant. Each did not receive just one third like some people think. Each got an interpretation of the whole.

No, they also didn't get the whole thing because each missed some parts.

GX missed some parts because she dsitracted (thinking about 9 Yin-style teaching her father gave her). Wuse was far away and missed some parts. ZJB was still young and inexperienced; he didn't try his best to memorize and didn't get some (however, he had been training some of the 9 Yang exercises already, hence his deep internal energy for his age).

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    No, they also didn't get the whole thing because each missed some parts.

GX missed some parts because she dsitracted (thinking about 9 Yin-style teaching her father gave her). Wuse was far away and missed some parts. ZJB was still young and inexperienced; he didn't try his best to memorize and didn't get some (however, he had been training some of the 9 Yang exercises already, hence his deep internal energy for his age).
    And Jue Yuan didn't finish the 9 Yang either. How is it possible to finish 4 volume of work that would take 5 years to train and squeeze all that info within a few hours? impossible. Even if Jue Yuan had read super fast, he still wouldn't have finished. From what I see, Jue Yuan only read at most like 40%.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

actually, ZJB already learned about thirty percent of 9yang at that time. he heard most of it but when he began to practise it later, he forgot parts of it and had to 'recreate' the missing parts. he remembered about thirty to forty percent and went up to fifty percent of 9yang zhenjing after about ten yrs of practise. later he created wudang amazing skill qigong which was equal to 9yangzhenjing when combined with his wudang 9yang. wudang amazing skill qigong + wudang 9yang = 9yangzhenjing. shaolin inner power = 9yang zhenjing. e-mei taoist(QZ,PBI) yin style plus buddhist9yang yang style = 9yangzhenjing.
    what each wudang, e-mei and shaolin had was roughly equal to each other. but it wasn't "1/3" 9yangzhenjing, more like half.
    so wudang 9yang + shaolin 9yang + e-mei 9yang = 1.5 9yangzhenjing.
    but parts of what each knew would overlap so really all three would be equal to 9yang. in fact, since each "1/3" part was modified and the missing part filled in, learning all three"1/3" parts could make you more powerful then 9yangzhenjing alone.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    actually, ZJB already learned about thirty percent of 9yang at that time. he heard most of it but when he began to practise it later, he forgot parts of it and had to 'recreate' the missing parts. he remembered about thirty to forty percent and went up to fifty percent of 9yang zhenjing after about ten yrs of practise. later he created wudang amazing skill qigong which was equal to 9yangzhenjing when combined with his wudang 9yang. wudang amazing skill qigong + wudang 9yang = 9yangzhenjing. shaolin inner power = 9yang zhenjing. e-mei taoist(QZ,PBI) yin style plus buddhist9yang yang style = 9yangzhenjing.
    what each wudang, e-mei and shaolin had was roughly equal to each other. but it wasn't "1/3" 9yangzhenjing, more like half.
    so wudang 9yang + shaolin 9yang + e-mei 9yang = 1.5 9yangzhenjing.
    but parts of what each knew would overlap so really all three would be equal to 9yang. in fact, since each "1/3" part was modified and the missing part filled in, learning all three"1/3" parts could make you more powerful then 9yangzhenjing alone.
    I'm not sure about Ti Yun Sun (Wudang Qingong). However, Wudang qingong+wudang 9 Yang shouldn't equal 9 Yang qingong. If I remembered correctly, ZWJ could pull of Ti Yun Sun (9Yang back it up) better than the Wudang heros who should have learned some Wudang 9 Yang. Shaolin, you're wrong for sure. When the 3 Du generation monks first met ZWJ. They felt that his internal is the same road as Shaolin 9 Yang, but far more superior. So your internal part is wrong. The part of Shaolin = 9 Yang is saying Shaolin internal, not Shaolin 9 Yang.
    I have no idea about E Mei. I only know that Mie Jue's strongest 100% palm (E Me i 9 Yang) was completely absorbed by a 9 Yang that has NOT completely flow throughout the body.

Did Z3F ever ask to exchange it with Emei or was it just Shaolin, in his attempt to heal ZWJ?
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Orginally posted by Zhuge Liang

Did Z3F ever ask to exchange it with Emei or was it just Shaolin, in his attempt to heal ZWJ?
    I think he did. However, Mie Jue Si Tai refused his offer... having no choice he went to Shaolin where he was also turned down.

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    I think he did. However, Mie Jue Si Tai refused his offer... having no choice he went to Shaolin where he was also turned down.
    how did he manage to purge out the poison at the end?
    clan fear 2006
    www.clanfearless.net

ZSF did not/could not purge out the posion. ZWJ did it himself after he found the art of 9yang and learned it.

it took zwj more than 5 years to learn that skill and cure himself completely.
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    it took zwj more than 5 years to learn that skill and cure himself completely.
    He kicked out the cold within less than a year, only after learning half of the second book (4 books total).

Wasn't it also mentioned that ZWJ was able to learn the whole thing in 5 years because of his medical background?