Thread: Martial Art Skills

Default Martial Art Skills

Hi guys,

In the JY world, a martial arts skill is often made up of both mouth verses and strokes. How does the mouth verses and strokes tie together and how are they related/interpreted?

Is it the same for martial arts in the real world? I thought there are only strokes and breathing techniques?

Thanks...

XMCX

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Men Chui Xue
    Hi guys,

In the JY world, a martial arts skill is often made up of both mouth verses and strokes. How does the mouth verses and strokes tie together and how are they related/interpreted?

Is it the same for martial arts in the real world? I thought there are only strokes and breathing techniques?

Thanks...

XMCX
    Either there are pictures in the manual or the mouth verses said something like, "Move left, Jump Up". But I highly doubt it. I think each word in the verse means a different movement and when you have 8 words that means 8 movements. So when you have a manual with 2000 words that means there are 2000 basic moves that are put together to form this skill.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Either there are pictures in the manual or the mouth verses said something like, "Move left, Jump Up". But I highly doubt it. I think each word in the verse means a different movement and when you have 8 words that means 8 movements. So when you have a manual with 2000 words that means there are 2000 basic moves that are put together to form this skill.
    Hmm... how about 9 Yin and 9 Yang Manual? Are they internal energy cultivating skills/breathing techniques or fighting techniques/principles? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Either there are pictures in the manual or the mouth verses said something like, "Move left, Jump Up".
    There is one martial arts that contains pictures for the practitioner to learn, its the Blood Sabre Inner Cultivation Techniques found in Secret of the Linked Cities.
    ..ext88