Thread: The Water Legend

Default The Water Legend

I believed this series was in 78's , Yu On On & Michelle Me Suyet, Norman Tsui, Bruce Leung Siu Long in an ancient series that have 60 eps long. Did anyone did series release on vcd?

what is it about?
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky
    I believed this series was in 78's , Yu On On & Michelle Me Suyet, Norman Tsui, Bruce Leung Siu Long in an ancient series that have 60 eps long. Did anyone did series release on vcd?
    Its too bad that ATV have not released this series called "the water legend" on vcds yet.
    You can email ATV or asian on-line video store or their video distributors to try to ask for it .

There's a review written posted at spcnet.tv ATV reviews & there are some pictures of michelle yim (mai suet) in her fans' homepage at
    http://www.michelleyim.com ---under the "TV drama" section link.

I haven't ever seen dvd or vcd versions yet. It's not a bad series to watch either. Pretty good actually. It has wonderful theme music, so I'm surprised about why they never released some good quality sound tracks from this series. I have most of this series ... on video tape. Only a bit of the last episode went missing, but I have nearly all of it. Still in quite good shape as well. So later, once I manage to rig the video up to a sound card, I can at least record the tune for everybody to listen to. Plus, I also have a version of the theme song, that was sung by amy chan many moons ago, at Sha Tin race course, one night. She sang the theme for this water legend series (wu hoi jum ba luok), while wearing a mo-hup pin costume.

After the Tin Charm Bin and Tin Loong Kuet series (ie english titles called reincarnated and reincarnated II), they didn't make a big series for a little while. And then they came out with The Water Legend, which, at the time was a very major and serious production, with lots of advertising campaigns on tv ....it was a pretty big deal at that time.
    Last edited by Kenny_Leong; 09-16-06 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Leong
    I haven't ever seen dvd or vcd versions yet. It's not a bad series to watch either. Pretty good actually. It has wonderful theme music, so I'm surprised about why they never released some good quality sound tracks from this series. I have most of this series ... on video tape. Only a bit of the last episode went missing, but I have nearly all of it. Still in quite good shape as well. So later, once I manage to rig the video up to a sound card, I can at least record the tune for everybody to listen to. Plus, I also have a version of the theme song, that was sung by amy chan many moons ago, at Sha Tin race course, one night. She sang the theme for this water legend series (wu hoi jum ba luok), while wearing a mo-hup pin costume.

After the Tin Charm Bin and Tin Loong Kuet series (ie english titles called reincarnated and reincarnated II), they didn't make a big series for a little while. And then they came out with The Water Legend, which, at the time was a very major and serious production, with lots of advertising campaigns on tv ....it was a pretty big deal at that time.
    I'm looking for the theme song all over. I try all Amy Chan CD album but no luck. Please let me know where can I get the song.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky
    I'm looking for the theme song all over. I try all Amy Chan CD album but no luck. Please let me know where can I get the song.
    Yes, I can surely make mp3 of it. I'm sure there's copyrights on it from atv or whoever made that show, but since even the company doesn't release that particular song for everybody to hear or even make VCD or DVD of The Water Legend series, then I will do an mp3 version of the theme song.

It will take some time because I will have to hook up recording gear etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Leong

Hi Kenny

Do you know the song name that was sing by Amy Chan?

well, it's finally out in dvd, in viet tho. hopefully, (i speak cantonese) there's the original version released soon...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.minhtan.com/images/detailed_images/vnm02185.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.minhtan.com/images/detailed_images/vnm02185b.jpg')

Do you know how many episodes is this?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu View Post
    Do you know how many episodes is this?
    It was aired in March of 1980, 60 episodes in total.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    Hi Kenny

Do you know the song name that was sing by Amy Chan?
    The song name is 湖海爭霸錄. Same as the drama name.