Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tony's character is Zhang San Lan who becomes her sworn brother. I like Wallace and all, but the storyline sounds so ridiculous...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

if you guys refer to the series that belongs to the poster above, I have watched this movie a few days ago and I have to say that, although I like WH quite a lot, this movie is gonna bore you extremely!
    There is no plot at all to talk about, at the beginning Shu Qi learns to know WH and falls in love with him, because of that she rejects the order to kill WH and run away with thim. In the end they are both killed by other killers who have been sent to bring them back. Actually he has been thrown down a canyon and she follows right behind. Rather they survive or not is not clear.
    And thats it!

Quote Originally Posted by meo_trang
    if you guys refer to the series that belongs to the poster above, I have watched this movie a few days ago and I have to say that, although I like WH quite a lot, this movie is gonna bore you extremely!
    There is no plot at all to talk about, at the beginning Shu Qi learns to know WH and falls in love with him, because of that she rejects the order to kill WH and run away with thim. In the end they are both killed by other killers who have been sent to bring them back. Actually he has been thrown down a canyon and she follows right behind. Rather they survive or not is not clear.
    And thats it!
    That is not the endding. I think you are just half way through, but the rest of the story folllows the same path.

Trinie,
    Yes, his character is there. Zhang San Lang and Qiu Ran Ke is the same person.
    He is one who already married, but also fall in love with Shu Qi. (Isn't that crazy?)
    Zhang San Lang is one of my favorite Tony's character, until I watch this series.
    Btw, I forget the actor name.

Cannot be that I have missed the end, since I 've got the DVD of this movie. What I have described is exactly how the movie ends, there is nothing more to it. But maybe you are refering to the series, which I have not seen yet, but I do not intend to give it a try anyway, the movie has been boring enough.
    There is that ex-lover of Hong Fu that is assigned to trace Shu Qi and WH down. This actor annoys tremendously with all his exaggerated "coolness" which is in my opinion not cool at all but rather pathetic.
    But Shu Qi is ok in this movie I think, I has this chilly area about her that fits her role, and she looks good and elegant in this red robe.

Cannot be that I have missed the end, since I 've got the DVD of this movie. What I have described is exactly how the movie ends, there is nothing more to it. But maybe you are refering to the series, which I have not seen yet, but I do not intend to give it a try anyway, the movie has been boring enough.
    There is that ex-lover of Hong Fu that is assigned to trace Shu Qi and WH down. This actor annoys tremendously with all his exaggerated "coolness" which is in my opinion not cool at all but rather pathetic.
    But Shu Qi is ok in this movie I think, I has this chilly area about her that fits her role, and she looks good and elegant in this red robe.
    I watched the movie too. It is just a short version of this series with a sudden ending. Li Shi Min isn't even in the movie version!

Question...

Is this movie's original language in Mandarine?

Does Kong Wah speak good mandrain in there?

Quote Originally Posted by QF
    Question...

Is this movie's original language in Mandarine?

Does Kong Wah speak good mandrain in there?
    Yes, it is in Mandarin...I think Kong Wah's voice is dubed.

hmm..

Thats kinda weird, cause I thougth that Kong Wah was suppose to be really good in Mandarin.

He has a really unique voice.....its just not the same with the dubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by QF
    hmm..

Thats kinda weird, cause I thougth that Kong Wah was suppose to be really good in Mandarin.

He has a really unique voice.....its just not the same with the dubbing.
    It's difficult to tell coz he hardly speaks in the series/movie..

Default Romance of Red Dust《风尘三侠之红拂女》(Shu Qi, Wallace Huo, KongWah,LiJunFeng, EvonneYao.....)

《风尘三侠之红拂女》 (feng chen san xia zhi hong fu nu)
    Shu Qi, Wallace Huo, Kong Wah.................................

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2005-06-01/U102P28T3D739992F326DT20050601103109.jpg')

04/26/06 PressCon
    The highly anticipated historical epic, Romance of the Red Dust, will soon be aired nationwide in China, including broadcasting systems of four major metropolitan areas and all provincial TV stations. Led by the award-winning actress Shu-Qi and super idol Wallace Huo, both from Taiwan, Romance of the Red Dust topped the TV rating since its premiere in late March in Shandong, China. Riding on this victory, Beijing Dong Wang Co., producer of Romance of the Red Dust, will hold a national news conference in Beijing on April 28. Major leads Shu-Qi and Wallace Huo, together with Kent Cheng, Yvonne Yau, Rongkwan Yu and all other supporting cast, will all attend this conference.

by: Orion / http://blog.yam.com/wallace_english

Pictures:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.myhuojianhua.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/U1343P28T3D1068637F326DT20060428183226.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.myhuojianhua.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/200604281701551.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.myhuojianhua.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/U1343P28T3D1068622F326DT20060428182513.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.myhuojianhua.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/200604281651110.jpg')
    new haircut^
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.myhuojianhua.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/U1343P28T3D1068649F326DT20060428183716.jpg')

http://www.myhuojianhua.com/photos/t...s.php?album=76

Wow...She really has got nice curves. I can see it even beneath the cover up..but then, she has always not been one who's afraid to flaunt her curves

Shu Qi's working a lot with taiwanese these days from directors to singers like lee hong and actimg opposite Zhang Zhen and Wallace Huo. She's returning to her roots. can you believe she's turned 30 already?
    Last edited by strawberry; 04-29-06 at 12:03 AM.

Talking

You really missed the ending. The DVD you got is pirated copy which copy and paste from a series which contain 35 episodes long. The story continues with Shu Qi saved by Lee Shin Ming and at the same time, Wallace saved by a princess........

You should get the original DVD or VCD if you really want to watch the full version of this series. Just my advice !

And thats it!
    I believe what you've seen was the pirated movie version called "shadowless sword" it's basically like nothing.. just a compilation of scenes..

Personally, I wouldn't say hong fu nu is a bad series.. it's pretty good actually compared to others.. I love the setting and the way they did the costumes.. -- unique (not weird) and not over stylish..
    I like the plot too.. her life was sad and her past was too dark.. it's cute how the killer/cold Hong Fu fell in love with the naive and sometimes weak ..Li Jing (he's smart though), how she got confused and finally in end chooses her true love.. plus she's very attractive and charming.. (that's what they wanted to show I guess ) so there's no way she can't attract men.. I love the a pang guy and the princess too.. that guy was so funny.. the princess wasn't in love with him at first and eventually after li jing's rejection.. she started to care about him..it's cute bec. she's kinda childish

i enjoyed the fighting scenes too and the whole set, very colorful--

this series was a disappointment! i was so excited in watching it but it turned out to be a waste of time! at first, i find it cool, well, at least for the first 30 minutes of the series. but it gets dragging in the middle and the end part...it was so .irrelevant how li shi min and li jing fought over hong fu who doesn't remember anything. and shu qi acting all cute and ignorant annoys me! it was a total turn-off from her superb character in so close. also, wallace's weak and undecisine mushy character was definitely not his best performance. way behind his Yi Dao performance in tian xia di yi! the only part i liked was ping yang and Chung yao qing's scenes and the warlord killing machine (Xuan Gan-Yang su's son) and chu su( the girl in yellow). jiang wah seemed cool at first but he lost character towards the middle to the end, not to mention screentime. hopefully, they will not make wuxia seres this sappy in the future. the likes of tian xia di yi or the fun-filled chinese paladin would have been 100 times better!

does anyone know whom shu qi ends up with? she's getting me confused with all the different men she has!!

thanks

Default Three musketeers

Singapore TV had this series as the 3 musketeers and now I see it's Romance of the red dust. Someone tell me, exactly what the title is? I've been trying to find the episode guide. Is it mainland China or Taiwan production? I saw the guy who plays Du Gu Cheng in another series, also olden days type. I thought he was quite a sad pathetic character. Now the girl was OK most of the time, until in the last episode that I watched, she had lost her memory and had to be cute and innocent aiiiiyaaaaa, so painful to watch.

the real name of this serie is the romance of red dust...this serie is more like a taiwan serie even though they has some of the hk stars....i dont like the couple of the last episodes where she lost her memory cuz i dont like to see SQ with that guy who's going to be a king later on...i dont think his character suppose to be that way but somehow he's annoyin me...poor wallace tryin so hard to regain her memory but got slapped by her
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/eternityxdream/eternityxdream5du.gif'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc
    does anyone know whom shu qi ends up with? she's getting me confused with all the different men she has!!

thanks

---she end up with wallace...---
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/eternityxdream/eternityxdream5du.gif'), '')

Anyone know where i can get this series, i cant find it on yesasia.