Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jun Matsumoto

Some random useless info:

Apparently, Jun is one of the rare JE artists that was confirmed to be previously attached but he has since broken up. It was when he himself , admitted to breaking up with his gf earlier this year that news of his being attached was confirmed. Prior to that, don’t think any JE artists had officially admitted nor denied that they were in a real relationship.

hmm...that's rather interesting...i wonder who he was dating...haha...and who inititated the breakup...oh well, quite courageous of him to admit his relationship and be open about it...well he seems to be those who treasure love i guess...from what i know, he is rather conservative though..

Quote Originally Posted by tellywelly
    hmm...that's rather interesting...i wonder who he was dating...haha...and who inititated the breakup...oh well, quite courageous of him to admit his relationship and be open about it...well he seems to be those who treasure love i guess...from what i know, he is rather conservative though..
    I too was surprised he admitted to it but then again, it was becasue he was breaking up then. If he was still in a relationship with her (whoever she is), he might not have said a thing. I wonder if JE forced him to break up with the girl...

I can tell you that jfan can be vicious. It is not suprising that they send death threats to his ex gf. Some cases like this happened to another artist or so... don't remeber his name.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

would they really do that? why? is it not good for them to have relationships, maybe they are afraid that it might cause much interferences and gossip? wow, i'm quite shocked..cos im quite new to this japanese media thing as i just recently got hooked on to Jun..well, i hope that the breakup was mutual though...cos if not i think it must have really hurt him...
    i recently was reading one of the forums about the letters each of the arashi members wrote about one another, wasn't too sure what it was for though...but most of the arashi members described jun as a very hardworking person and rather mysterious as he is involved in so many projects...haha, well i think jun is rather conservative because after watching all the variety shows he does with arashi, he seems the most reserved one....

would they really do that? why? is it not good for them to have relationships, maybe they are afraid that it might cause much interferences and gossip? wow, i'm quite shocked..cos im quite new to this japanese media thing as i just recently got hooked on to Jun..well, i hope that the breakup was mutual though...cos if not i think it must have really hurt him...
    i recently was reading one of the forums about the letters each of the arashi members wrote about one another, wasn't too sure what it was for though...but most of the arashi members described jun as a very hardworking person and rather mysterious as he is involved in so many projects...haha, well i think jun is rather conservative because after watching all the variety shows he does with arashi, he seems the most reserved one....
    i on the other hand think that Jun is the most liberal in terms of dress style..ha..I think i mentioned this earlier. I think Nino and Ohno are the most conservative though..dress style and from their interactions with fans durinng their concert performances...have you seen the DVDs of the Arashi concerts? Jun certainly strike me as having a concert style that is more flirty...see his interations with the crowd..Sho's style is more balanced sort if in-between and have you seen Aiba? He's just plain happy and genki...

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I can tell you that jfan can be vicious. It is not suprising that they send death threats to his ex gf. Some cases like this happened to another artist or so... don't remeber his name.
    We are not talking about Yamapi right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    seriously, there's nothing wrong if they are in real relationships.. I on the other hand are for them to come out and be in the open about these things rather than not admiting but neither denying.

Most fans would rather their idols not have girlfriends, I'm sure that's not hard to understand. Coming out and admitting it would mean putting their idol status at stake, fans would be upset and there will be backlash of some sort. Not everybody can be like Kimutaku and get away with marriage and kids - come to think of it, his popularity is nowhere near what it was before.

The JE folks can't be idols forever, one fine day they are going to fade into the background, if they are good enough, perhaps they can gain a strong foothold in the entertainment industry and hang around like SMAP. If not, it's back to civilian lives for them, they got to give their all and stay popular for as long as possible. Annoucing that they've a girlfriend is career suicide for them, why shorten a career that's already very short?

Moreoever JE is not exactly a girlfriend friendly company. Takki suffered quite a bit when his relationship with Suzuki Ami hit the tabloids a few years ago, he was put in cold storage for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Most fans would rather their idols not have girlfriends, I'm sure that's not hard to understand. Coming out and admitting it would mean putting their idol status at stake, fans would be upset and there will be backlash of some sort. Not everybody can be like Kimutaku and get away with marriage and kids - come to think of it, his popularity is nowhere near what it was before.

The JE folks can't be idols forever, one fine day they are going to fade into the background, if they are good enough, perhaps they can gain a strong foothold in the entertainment industry and hang around like SMAP. If not, it's back to civilian lives for them, they got to give their all and stay popular for as long as possible. Annoucing that they've a girlfriend is career suicide for them, why shorten a career that's already very short?

Moreoever JE is not exactly a girlfriend friendly company. Takki suffered quite a bit when his relationship with Suzuki Ami hit the tabloids a few years ago, he was put in cold storage for a while.
    that's harsh...referring to Takki

i'm impressed Jun could keep such a secret. I don't know how long it was for, but considering he seems to be the serious type, it could have gone on for several months or a year too. and i don't know about the japanese media, but it's pretty cool how no one knew about it until he said something. kudos to him for keeping it quiet.

as for that girl - lucky her!!!
    Last edited by kaedejun; 09-12-06 at 09:52 PM.

Actually, I do understand why they can't admit it. But not admiting they are, does not mean they are not. Jun's example shows that they can be involved with someone but keep the secret very well indeed and of course, since these folks can't go datiing in the open, maybe not even to each other's place, it must be hard on the relationship and probably why they don't last. Their gfs also must be super-understanding and can't expect to do the normal things that couples do in a relationship. But I get the point, most girls like to believe in the dream that they are not taken.

I didn't know that Takki was attached to that lady mentioned....so they had to break up? That's kind of sad. I do not know if its a joke a or not but some people said that its stipulated in the JE contract clauses that they can't date.

I do not know who's the other guy that Beansprouts mentioned though...

edited:

oh now I get it...its Takuya Kimura short form.
    Last edited by strawberry; 09-13-06 at 12:45 AM.

I don't think it the JE contract involves a No Dating clause, just that the news are often leaked out by the tabloids in a bad way, hence negative publicity and it really hits the people involved hard. Kimutaku was well known to be dating his wife before they got married, some members of SMAP also have girlfriends who are publicly known. Of course, SMAP has passed the idol stage, it is more acceptable for them to be dating. It is also a well known fact that Nagase Tomoya (Tokio) is dating Hamasaki Ayumi.

However, there is definitely a clause in the contract that stipulates that the JE members can't get married as long as they are with the company. Kimura Takuya is the only exception so far.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I don't think it the JE contract involves a No Dating clause, just that the news are often leaked out by the tabloids in a bad way, hence negative publicity and it really hits the people involved hard. Kimutaku was well known to be dating his wife before they got married, some members of SMAP also have girlfriends who are publicly known. Of course, SMAP has passed the idol stage, it is more acceptable for them to be dating. It is also a well known fact that Nagase Tomoya (Tokio) is dating Hamasaki Ayumi.

However, there is definitely a clause in the contract that stipulates that the JE members can't get married as long as they are with the company. Kimura Takuya is the only exception so far.
    No wonder it was such a big deal when he got married...Johnny does dote on Kimura.

oh well, even though i don't really think it is quite nice or right to interfere with the actors outside life, i think i would be rather weirded out if they emphasized too much on it unless they are dating someone famous..i think it is best to keep these things to a bare minimum from the tabliods and the media so that they don't make such a big fuss about it...anyway, jun is still considered quite young, so he still has a long way ahead of him...i guess for someone as young, he can really handle a lot of things and still be rather sucessful at the same time...not bad..

anyway, i was browsing through the arashi websites and realised that they are quite closely knit, i know that nino and sho are quite close together but i was wondering is jun close to anyone in the group? he seems to be quite "cool" at times and sort of a loner type? well, im not quite sure...just my observations..

anyway, i was browsing through the arashi websites and realised that they are quite closely knit, i know that nino and sho are quite close together but i was wondering is jun close to anyone in the group? he seems to be quite "cool" at times and sort of a loner type? well, im not quite sure...just my observations..
    Based on my 'limited' observations, I think Jun seems closer to Ohno and Nino, but I think they are generally a tight-knit group and that's what I like so much about them.

Based on my 'limited' observations, I think Jun seems closer to Ohno and Nino, but I think they are generally a tight-knit group and that's what I like so much about them.

Mago mago Arashi and A-No Arashi are really good Arashi programmes to watch..have you tried these shows yet?

i thought i heard somewhere that jun and aiba were close buddies...

Quote Originally Posted by kaedejun
    i thought i heard somewhere that jun and aiba were close buddies...
    I really do not know about that...Arashi's Asia concert starts this weekend in Taiwan!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry

Mago mago Arashi and A-No Arashi are really good Arashi programmes to watch..have you tried these shows yet?
    well, i did watch some episodes of A no arashi on youtube, and also some of the other variety shows they do..they are really hilarious and sometimes rather childish but tt makes the show even more funny and gets me addicted to them...even though i can hardly understand what they are saying i roughly can guess they are alwyas doing something really stupid...

i thought aiba and sho were also quite close. i think they are all quite good frens..so quite closely knit..