View Poll Results: What is Zhou Zhiruo's martial arts level?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very good

5 12.20%
  • Average

33 80.49%
  • Poor

3 7.32%

Thread: Zhou Zhiruo's martial arts level

Default Zhou Zhiruo's martial arts level

The question is: what do you think is Zhou Zhiruo's martial arts level?

You have the freedom to intrepret the context of this question. Please do not read more into the question. All it asks, is what do you think of Zhou Zhiruo's martial arts level.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

she was a 2nd rate at best, and low on the scale at that. she was equal to zhaoming, chenyouliang and songqingshu, until she and SQS learned 9yin and became better then zhaoming, and good enough to kill a begger elder who was as good as a xuan ming elder. but Zhuozhiruo's skills were superfical and not learned in depth at all. with a few more yrs, she would have supressed the wudang heros but at the end of HSDS, she was no better then the weakest of them. SQS may have been acually better then her, as he was older and had practised advanced inner power longer, and learned 9yin with her. so his 9yin may have consisted of more 'real' and less 'fake' then hers.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

i would not rate her as poor cos she did defeat some serious opponents .

She's not at a poor level... and she had potential to become very good, otherwise Mie Jue would not have chosen her over some of her older disciples

There aren't actually many people in HSDS i would say are at a very good level anyway... maybe just Z3F and ZWJ

I wasn't aware that Sung Ching Sheu also learned something of the 9 Yum Jen Ging. Considering that he was a newly inducted member of the Ngor Mei Sect, and that Chow Chi Yerk was just using him, it's surprising that Chow Chi Yerk allowed Sung Ching Sheu to become privy to the Ngor Mei Sect's most carefully guarded secret.

If Wudang 7 Xia was average, then she is poor. She was riding on vicious superior techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I wasn't aware that Sung Ching Sheu also learned something of the 9 Yum Jen Ging. Considering that he was a newly inducted member of the Ngor Mei Sect, and that Chow Chi Yerk was just using him, it's surprising that Chow Chi Yerk allowed Sung Ching Sheu to become privy to the Ngor Mei Sect's most carefully guarded secret.
    In the 2nd edition ZZR taught Song Qing Shu the 9Yin Bone Claw but that's all. He used it to kill the Beggar Clan elders and also tried to use it on his martial uncle Yu Lian Zhou as well. He definitely didn't learn HL18 Palms as depicted in the tv adaptation.

i only watched the gyy version.. hsds ended when zzr was young, and she rushed at her kungfu did not really concentrate b/c of personal issues, even at this stage her kungfu is not poor, i would say average. like others said her kungfu is superficial but she has the 9yin manual if she gets focused on leading Ermei and practice kungfu after some years it wil get much better.

I thought she was around the level of the Wudang 7 Xia. So that's very good. Obviously Z3F, ZWJ, Du monks, Cheng Kun, Xuanming Elders, Xie Xun, would beat her, but Wudang 7 Xia level is pretty nice already.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

well she wasn't poor, but it you rank by poor, average and good, and put zsf and zwj as good, then she's lower part of average. she wasn't a great, and probably nowhere near huang rong or xiaolongnu's level at the end of HSDS. she had visious techniques but hadn't mastered anything that can block a great level strike. even the wudang hero's can take a great level strike. she was completely outclassed during the fight with the du generation monks. yin yewang and yangxiao were better then her in that regards, and the wudang hero's are in their level.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Zhou Zhiruo has AMAZING martial arts level compared to the people of HER time. Her only competition was probably Zhang Wuji and the 3 Shaolin Grandmasters. If you place her in the world of LOCH...she would be very average.

I would place her around Ouyang Ke level..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I would place her around Ouyang Ke level..
    She might be as good as Mui Chiu Fung.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    She might be as good as Mui Chiu Fung.
    Mei have "good" base martial art (from Huang Yaoshi) and years of practice/experience..
    Even without 9 Yin/Huang Yaoshi's special skill almost every pupil of Huang was a decent martial artist (see Feng Mofeng at ROCH) while Zhou was a "crap" pre 9 Yin and I think she's not at Mei Chaofeng level which can hold her own against Quanzhen Big Dipper Formation before Huang and Ouyang come

I have question about ZZR learning 9 Yin. In the last version, I think ZWJ refused to learn 9 yin because it is conflicted with his 9 yang and to integrate both 9 yang and 9 yin it need some genius and experienced like ZSF to do it.

E-Mei internals is based on 9 Yang and how did ZZR learn 9 Yin, did she erased all the 9 Yang internals to learn 9 Yin?

Quote Originally Posted by St3v3 View Post
    I have question about ZZR learning 9 Yin. In the last version, I think ZWJ refused to learn 9 yin because it is conflicted with his 9 yang and to integrate both 9 yang and 9 yin it need some genius and experienced like ZSF to do it.

E-Mei internals is based on 9 Yang and how did ZZR learn 9 Yin, did she erased all the 9 Yang internals to learn 9 Yin?
    9 Yin White Bone Claw especially the version which ZZR and MCF practice mostly "external art"..

She's a little better than Mei Chaofeng, I think. She tied with Wudang #2, who should be comfortably better than QZ #2 or #1, who should tie with MCF.

ZZR is a martial arts prodigy. Give her time to properly train with 9Yin, she can at least reach Lady Yang's level.

Sooner or later ZZR has to learn the 9 yin part, not only White Bone Claw the external art