Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: who do you perfer? Vicki zhao wei or Alyssia chia

my vote goes to alyssa!

Why is there a comparison between them? They have never acted together or have acted in similar roles.

Alyssa is known for acting in dramas, and Vicki is renown for acting in dramas and movies. Alyssa is for the small screen, while Vicki is for the big screen. Alyssa acts in TV shows, and the other has movies. I think every actress's main goal is to make it on the big screen movies but most can't. However, Vicki has made success in dramas and now in movies, so why is there a comparison. Alyssa is very successful in dramas, but so is Vicki.

In terms of look, Alyssa has a very demure and elegant beauty, but we have all seen that look from somewhere (Ruby Lin) and so it becomes common among the entertainment world. People who have a demure, mature and elegant beauty rarely age in our eyes mainly because even when they are young we think of them as very mature beyond their age. And so it seems like they are ageless.

Vicki is aging, no doubt, but she has her own unique look. She can give you different images, and can look young if she wants to. When she first became famous, she was this refreshing outgoing spirit, very lively, very cute but when she got older she started to portray an image that was a lot more mature so people think she aged more. We have seen her as impish star during the HZGG era, and now she has progressed to portray more serious roles, and so that adds onto the idea that she's aging more or faster than celebrities who became famous around her era. For example, Ruby became famous at the same time as Vicki, but because Ruby plays the same role over and over again, we believe that she doesn't age. Sometimes, age is beyond something that is physical but also psychological.

Overall, I pick Vicki because there is a reason why directors like John Woo would cast her in movies, why she is considered as one of the top mainland actress, and why she is still very successful compare to celebrities who became famous around her era.

Quote Originally Posted by DEGE999 View Post
    Why is there a comparison between them? They have never acted together or have acted in similar roles.

Alyssa is known for acting in dramas, and Vicki is renown for acting in dramas and movies. Alyssa is for the small screen, while Vicki is for the big screen. Alyssa acts in TV shows, and the other has movies. I think every actress's main goal is to make it on the big screen movies but most can't. However, Vicki has made success in dramas and now in movies, so why is there a comparison. Alyssa is very successful in dramas, but so is Vicki.
    Lol basically you are saying Alyssa is not as successful as Vicki... Surely someone being successful is a strange reason to like said person? Do you like Zhang Ziyi by any chance?

In terms of look, Alyssa has a very demure and elegant beauty, but we have all seen that look from somewhere (Ruby Lin) and so it becomes common among the entertainment world. People who have a demure, mature and elegant beauty rarely age in our eyes mainly because even when they are young we think of them as very mature beyond their age. And so it seems like they are ageless.

Vicki is aging, no doubt, but she has her own unique look. She can give you different images, and can look young if she wants to. When she first became famous, she was this refreshing outgoing spirit, very lively, very cute but when she got older she started to portray an image that was a lot more mature so people think she aged more. We have seen her as impish star during the HZGG era, and now she has progressed to portray more serious roles, and so that adds onto the idea that she's aging more or faster than celebrities who became famous around her era. For example, Ruby became famous at the same time as Vicki, but because Ruby plays the same role over and over again, we believe that she doesn't age. Sometimes, age is beyond something that is physical but also psychological.

Overall, I pick Vicki because there is a reason why directors like John Woo would cast her in movies, why she is considered as one of the top mainland actress, and why she is still very successful compare to celebrities who became famous around her era.
    I agree with you completely! I don't think that Vicki has physically even aged all that much and she can look beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Lol basically you are saying Alyssa is not as successful as Vicki... Surely someone being successful is a strange reason to like said person? Do you like Zhang Ziyi by any chance?
    Well...Vicki is more successful. I mean, on here Alyssa might have more fans but Vicki really is. I'm not saying that Alyssa isn't successful, because obviously she is or she wouldn't have defenders but Vicki has accomplished a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Melonie View Post
    Well...Vicki is more successful. I mean, on here Alyssa might have more fans but Vicki really is. I'm not saying that Alyssa isn't successful, because obviously she is or she wouldn't have defenders but Vicki has accomplished a lot more.
    But do you think "accomplished more" a good reason to like a celebrity? Thats very shallow IMO but its all plainly my own opinion and you can like celebrities for whatever reason.

I do believe Alyssa is successful in terms of acting in dramas. But don't you agree that every actress's main goal is to make it on the big screen? That every actress/actor's ultimate validation of their hard work and talent goes to get an Oscar? If this is not true then why do actors/actresses try so hard to improve themselves and take risks. Although we all like to watch dramas, but movies are what people define as the ultimate success. It's one step above drama/soap opera.
    Actually, I don't have any problem with Zhang Ziyi.

But do you think "accomplished more" a good reason to like a celebrity? Thats very shallow IMO but its all plainly my own opinion and you can like celebrities for whatever reason.
    Woah wait a minute. You can't blame a person or call them "shallow" for liking their idol base on accomplishments.

So what you are saying is that we should blindly idolize a celebrity base on physical appearance, or exterior characteristics and not base on their talents and accomplishments? Isn't that what you call being "shallow"?

Honestly, do you want your boss or friends to like you only base on your physical appearance or exterior personalities? Or would you rather they respect you and like you because of your work ethic which leads to your accomplishments?

I don't know about you but I like celebrities out of respect for what they have accomplished. I pay a lot of money to go to the movies and buy movies so I expect good performances from the celebrities. But again this is just my opinion, you can like celebrities for whatever reason.

Oh, I don't just like her for being successful. I like her for her nice acts (like charity) and I think that she's beautiful and a really great actress. Haha! Trust me, when I like someone a lot, it has to be for good reason. XD

I think Vicki and Alyssa has their own unique points. You can't really say if Vicki or Alyssa sucks since both of them has fans. Vicki has her style of acting and Alyssa has another style of acting. But for me, I'm gonna vote for Vicki although I like Alyssa, too. I think we shouldn't compare one actress to another. They each have their own good points and acting skills.

Woah wait a minute. You can't blame a person or call them "shallow" for liking their idol base on accomplishments.

So what you are saying is that we should blindly idolize a celebrity base on physical appearance, or exterior characteristics and not base on their talents and accomplishments? Isn't that what you call being "shallow"?

Honestly, do you want your boss or friends to like you only base on your physical appearance or exterior personalities? Or would you rather they respect you and like you because of your work ethic which leads to your accomplishments?

I don't know about you but I like celebrities out of respect for what they have accomplished. I pay a lot of money to go to the movies and buy movies so I expect good performances from the celebrities. But again this is just my opinion, you can like celebrities for whatever reason.
    That wasn't my point though. I was saying liking someone based PURELY on "accomplishments" is shallow. It should be based on ability, talent, look, personality etc. If his/her talents and abilities warrants the awards he/she wins, that's just another plus. But basing completely on number of awards is a joke IMO.

And I like the way you associate talent with so called "accomplishments". There are so many talented and more-worthy artists around who are not receiving their fair share of recognition.

Again, just my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Melonie View Post
    Oh, I don't just like her for being successful. I like her for her nice acts (like charity) and I think that she's beautiful and a really great actress. Haha! Trust me, when I like someone a lot, it has to be for good reason. XD

That's what I'm talking about.

On a side note, nothing specifically on Vicki, I think almost all charity events are just celebrity stunts to gain more exposure lol. As well as to build up their image and gain possible advertisement opportunities. Yea I take up a cynical view of things.

That wasn't my point though. I was saying liking someone based PURELY on "accomplishments" is shallow. It should be based on ability, talent, look, personality etc. If his/her talents and abilities warrants the awards he/she wins, that's just another plus. But basing completely on number of awards is a joke IMO.
    I'm sorry but you are confusing me and yourself by the way you define the word "accomplishment". Your talent, abilities, personal strength, the way you present yourself, and how you communicate with others ultimately help you become successful and accomplished. People don't accomplish things without any warrant so you can't just separate "ability, talent, look, personality, etc" apart from accomplishment. I mean, why do people try their hardest at what they do? Because they want to accomplish greater things (their goals), for personal gains and for the better good of the community.

Btw, I never said that the number of awards make a celebrity better than another. Now you are trying too hard to defend Alyssa's talent when you don't need to because no one ever said that she isn't a good actress. No one denies her talent.

Awards are sometimes too lavish and excessive, but it does give you a sense of "qualification", a merit, it does show you who the major players are in the entertainment industry and it also shows how a celebrity rank, their status.

I don't go online and count the number of awards a particular actor has before watching or renting movies. But awards also show you the accomplishments a particular actor/actress has deservingly earned.
    To say "basing completely on number of awards is a joke" is a little disrespectful because there are plenty of actors/actresses who have worked so hard to transform their characters, stories and our overall cinematic experiences that they deserve the recognitions.

anyway,that's just my opinions.

That's what I'm talking about.

On a side note, nothing specifically on Vicki, I think almost all charity events are just celebrity stunts to gain more exposure lol. As well as to build up their image and gain possible advertisement opportunities. Yea I take up a cynical view of things.
    I totally agree with you. I always have a skeptical perspective of celebrities doing charities because now a day some just want to get attention and promote themselves. pretty pathetic in my perspective. i remind myself that as long as they donate money where it goes to unfortunate people then that's all good but don't be expecting me to praise for them and be their little cheerleader.

I'm sorry but you are confusing me and yourself by the way you define the word "accomplishment". Your talent, abilities, personal strength, the way you present yourself, and how you communicate with others ultimately help you become successful and accomplished. People don't accomplish things without any warrant so you can't just separate "ability, talent, look, personality, etc" apart from accomplishment. I mean, why do people try their hardest at what they do? Because they want to accomplish greater things (their goals), for personal gains and for the better good of the community.

Btw, I never said that the number of awards make a celebrity better than another. Now you are trying too hard to defend Alyssa's talent when you don't need to because no one ever said that she isn't a good actress. No one denies her talent.

Awards are sometimes too lavish and excessive, but it does give you a sense of "qualification", a merit, it does show you who the major players are in the entertainment industry and it also shows how a celebrity rank, their status.

I don't go online and count the number of awards a particular actor has before watching or renting movies. But awards also show you the accomplishments a particular actor/actress has deservingly earned.
    To say "basing completely on number of awards is a joke" is a little disrespectful because there are plenty of actors/actresses who have worked so hard to transform their characters, stories and our overall cinematic experiences that they deserve the recognitions.

anyway,that's just my opinions.
    Your talent, abilities, personal strength, the way you present yourself, and how you communicate with others ultimately help you become successful and accomplished.

Firstly, that premise is wrong. As I suggested in my last post, a lot of people/films etc display talent, abilities, personal strength more than actual prize winners (accomplishment).

I understand that prizes are good things and give recognition to hard work and talent. I was merely suggesting basing purely on prizes to determine if a person is talented or "good" if "a bit of a joke".

Alyssa all the way, i think she is one of the prettiest chinese actress.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_luv View Post
    Alyssa all the way, i think she is one of the prettiest chinese actress.

I prefer alyssa. She is so pretty!

for me i guess i vote for Alyssia just because i like some of her tv series but i havent seen a tv serie that i like Vicki in so mine vote go to Alkssia

i'll vote allysia for flamer

but i personally will pick vicki
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!