View Poll Results: Lam Ka Shun (BB) vs Chai Foon (LFD). Who is the ideal boyfriend?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lam Ka Shun (Sammul Chan) in Bar Benders

15 45.45%
  • Chai Foon (Raymond Lam) in La Femme Desperado

18 54.55%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lam Ka Shun (BB) vs Chai Foon (LFD). Who is the ideal boyfriend?

Default Lam Ka Shun (BB) vs Chai Foon (LFD). Who is the ideal boyfriend?

I saw this poll in asianfantics forum and found it interesting. So, I post the question here and see what people here think.

Between Lam Ka Shun (Sammul) in Bar Benders and Chai Foon (Raymond) in La Femme Desperado, who do you feel is the more ideal boyfriend?

I can't choose. Both has his strength and weakness. But I would like to se you gusy opinion.

Here's what I've written in asianfanatics about them.

Lam Ka Shun (Sammul) is too passive. He is very caring to the girl he loves, but he never dares to expess his love for her. How to progress a relationship with him? He doesn't dare to go for the person he loves because he's too concious of social status. But, this non-pushy attitude is also his 'strength'. He let the girl choose and satisfied with seeing the girl happy. He doesn't need to be with the girl. He is satisfied with doing things quietly for her. I also find him pretty down to earth and sensible after he learns to tone down his temper and use his brain instead of fist to solve problems.

Chai Foon (Raymond) is more aggressive. He courageously go after the person he loves without caring for social status or age issues. This is a very amirable trait of his. He's also a very fun and positive person. It's good to have someone like that around u. But like Shun, his strength is also sometimes his weakness. He's too pushy towards Ling (Melissa) sometimes and too immature. His actions can be very reckless, like when he registered for marriage with Ling without Ling knowing. Addition: He loves a girl for 13 years and never wavered in his love.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-04-06 at 09:07 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

i personally would go for LKS because i feel that CF is extremely immature and the way he treats things is not respectable in many ways,this might chnage because i am only up to epi 14 of LFD but since i finish BB already i feelthat LKS is the type. a good boyfirned does not need to show that he really cares about u he just needs to be around u and protect u especially at times when NEEDED
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

Personally, I would choose Chai Foon because he is courageous. He knows what he wants and goes for it. "When the flower is in bloom, take it, don't wait until it has withered." No one likes a indecisive man for a boyfriend, especially not me. Chai Foon would be a ideal boyfriend for me because he is a person who speaks up about his feelings, passiveness will not get you any where. It'll just allow chances to be lost and opportunities to pass by. He may be pushy but I'm not exactly a push over either. CF sounds like Domoyoji Tsukasa from Hana Yori Dango....if so I would definitely choose him.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I choose Lam Ka Shun!! He just so such a sweet guy and would sacrafice anything for the girl he loves! -- Ting Ting!!

TommyH
    Unregistered

It's a hard choice. I don't know since I'm not a girl but I guess they'll both make good boyfriends. Chai Foon waited for his lover for over 10 years while Lam Ka Shun didn't care about his own self and just hoped Tingting was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    It's a hard choice. I don't know since I'm not a girl but I guess they'll both make good boyfriends. Chai Foon waited for his lover for over 10 years while Lam Ka Shun didn't care about his own self and just hoped Tingting was happy.
    Woh? You're not a girl? Not a woman either? All this time...I thought maybe TommyH was just a username and well you like Bosco so much. Hahaha silly me...this wouldn't be the first time people in this forum mistake other's gender.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Woh? You're not a girl? Not a woman either? All this time...I thought maybe TommyH was just a username and well you like Bosco so much. Hahaha silly me...this wouldn't be the first time people in this forum mistake other's gender.
    First cherrie and now you!? Do I really sound like a girl? I'm just wondering...are boys suppose to be fans of girl stars? Sounds dumb...

Suet Seung...if you are 10 years older than Chai Foon, would you like him?

First cherrie and now you!? Do I really sound like a girl? I'm just wondering...are boys suppose to be fans of girl stars? Sounds dumb...

Suet Seung...if you are 10 years older than Chai Foon, would you like him?
    I think so. HEhehe...you're just in touched with your feminine side? I'm kidding. I don't know...you don't see that many guys posting in the Actors forum. Usually you find guys idolizing actresses and how beautiful and how cute their lips or whatnot are.

Heheh...If my Chai Foon looked like Raymond Lam, then hell yeah! Haha but right now I'm still in my early twenties so any guy 10 years younger than me would be called a boy and I'd be put to jail. Hahahaha...say I was 33 than maybe someone 10 yrs younger wouldn't be too bad, if I was still single by age 33.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I think so. HEhehe...you're just in touched with your feminine side? I'm kidding. I don't know...you don't see that many guys posting in the Actors forum. Usually you find guys idolizing actresses and how beautiful and how cute their lips or whatnot are.

Heheh...If my Chai Foon looked like Raymond Lam, then hell yeah! Haha but right now I'm still in my early twenties so any guy 10 years younger than me would be called a boy and I'd be put to jail. Hahahaha...say I was 33 than maybe someone 10 yrs younger wouldn't be too bad, if I was still single by age 33.
    Ehh I just don't do those stuff people usually do by staring at the lips and saying how cute. Either I think they're pretty or not. Plus...I don't like hanging out at the Actress forum for some reason...the people there just keep repeating things like "Carmen Lee's an ancient beauty" and "Ohh my god! She looks so gorgeous".

I'm not saying Carmen Lee isn't beautiful or anything but feels weird when guys keep saying those stuff. On the other hand I don't know what's wrong about discussing male actors because I, unlike most people, don't call boys hot over and over (it'll make me look gay!).

chai foon!! i really liked this character....he knew what he wanted and went for it....also he has a really positive outlook on things and hardly gave up...its nice to have people like that around.....and he was soo sweet!
    Wild Obessesion With Raymond Lam<3

TommyH
    Unregistered

I'm just wondering...for those people who voted for Chai Foon, did you watch BB? And for those people who voted for Ka Shun, did you watch LFD? I find these polls quite unfair because people usually haven't watched both series.

I'm just wondering...for those people who voted for Chai Foon, did you watch BB? And for those people who voted for Ka Shun, did you watch LFD? I find these polls quite unfair because people usually haven't watched both series.
    People have a choice not to vote if they haven't see both series. I'm not pointing a gun at their head to force them to vote.

So, do I need to post links to BT files for both series, and warn people not to vote until they have seen both series?

These polls are for fun. The results won't be compiled for some national statistic and the actors won't win any award for leading in these polls.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-05-06 at 12:55 AM.

i persocally feel that CF is a bit too selfish he kinda thinks for himself only
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

I don't think Chai Foon is selfish. He actually cares about others a lot. His problem is he doesn't know how to walk in other people's shoes. He tends to think what is right for him is right for others.

He cares enough for Ling to starve himself just so he could understand what period pain feels like (Ling's brother said period pain is similar to gastric) so that he could understand Ling more. He really did try hard to be good boyfriend/husband.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-05-06 at 01:17 PM.

Also want to add that when Ling's workload was very heavy that she worked until fell asleep, Chai Foon took some of her work to help her finish it. He also shielded his wife when her father tried to hit her (because of the firing issue in the office) and got hit himself.

He really isn't selfish, just reckless sometimes because of his young age.

Kidd,

Safe to say...Chai Foon's recklessness is not the same as Wong Kai Kit (RDOV) right?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Also want to add that when Ling's workload was very heavy that she worked until fell asleep, Chai Foon took some of her work to help her finish it. He also shielded his wife when her father tried to hit her (because of the firing issue in the office) and got hit himself.

He really isn't selfish, just reckless sometimes because of his young age.
    yep! totally agree.....i find him really sweet at times...
    tommyH- yeah i watched both series...and i happen to find chai foon better...lols
    Wild Obessesion With Raymond Lam<3

Kidd,

Safe to say...Chai Foon's recklessness is not the same as Wong Kai Kit (RDOV) right?
    Haha. I didn't know that there are different kinds of recklessness.

I think it's the degree of recklessness that is different, not the type.

Wong Kai Kit is very reckless while Chai Foon is moderately reckless.

Wong Kai Kit always just think of what he wants. He never cares about the consequences. Never cares that his action hurt others. He jumps to conclusion without thinking it over. Chai Foon, although reckless, does care about others well being. A lot of the times, he did use his brains, even during his reckless times. Like when he forced Ling to marry him. He didn't just leave it at that. Instead he thought out ways to pacify his unsuspecting in-laws and his own family. Ok, the outcome didn't run as smoothly as he planned and he shouldn't have registered their marriage with the bride knowledge, but he did think things out.

Secondly. Wong Kai Kit intentions are always negative one. He wanted revenge. Wanted to hurt others. Chai Foon's intention, on the other hand, is always a positive one. He does things with the intention of benefitting others.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-05-06 at 10:07 PM.

It's so difficult to choose between the two since I haven't seen the end of LFD yet..opinions of people change until movie end...

but I know i am off topic--but I find the comparision of sammual in bar benders and raymond's character in lfd somewhat very very different...I still like the Ben in Survivor's Law the most.

I thought Ben had all the enduring qualities that I would love in a BF--smart, sweet, caring--he also did things for myolie (like sammual did things secretively for ting tinq) "secretly" but he did express his feelings for myolie at the "right time"

I did not like Ron's character at all in RDOV...selfish, reckless, irresponsible--he didn't trust Hoisum over Elaine and he sleeps with Elaine knowing htat he likes Hoisum and then pushes Hoisum away and then expect her to come back with him--

So I like ben in survivor law...so I have a hard time to choose between sammual and raymonds character in lfd

Quote Originally Posted by sufan
    It's so difficult to choose between the two since I haven't seen the end of LFD yet..opinions of people change until movie end...
    Well, u can wait until u finish the whole series before voting. This poll will still be here by that time.

but I know i am off topic--but I find the comparision of sammual in bar benders and raymond's character in lfd somewhat very very different...I still like the Ben in Survivor's Law the most.

I thought Ben had all the enduring qualities that I would love in a BF--smart, sweet, caring--he also did things for myolie (like sammual did things secretively for ting tinq) "secretly" but he did express his feelings for myolie at the "right time"
    Unfortunately, Ben is not on the poll list. So, u have to make do with the ones that are on the list.

I did not like Ron's character at all in RDOV...selfish, reckless, irresponsible--he didn't trust Hoisum over Elaine and he sleeps with Elaine knowing htat he likes Hoisum and then pushes Hoisum away and then expect her to come back with him--
    Yeah, Wong Kai Kit is the worst kind of boyfriend ever.