Thread: Wong Chung Yeung - The famous Chung Shen Tung Central Divinity

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default Wong Chung Yeung - The famous Chung Shen Tung Central Divinity

What kind of martial arts did Wong Chung Yeung learn? He was definately stronger than HYS, H7G, OYF, and YD. But how strong is he compared to other characters like GJ and XF? What about YG? Could he be compared to DGKB?

Wang Chongyang the Divine
    Dugu Qiu Bai the Demonic

Only thing that is known for sure probably is the Quanzhen arts and Xian Tian Gong. He did pick up Yiyang Zhi and 9 Yin shortly before his death though, resulting in WCY vs OYF shortest fight of jianghu history when OYF was raiding Quanzhen for the 9 Yin manual, which was supposed to be buried with WCY, and Central Divinity suddenly busted out of his own coffin and nailed OYF.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

when was this. i thought that OYF never actually went to MT zhongnan before roch. guess i was mistaken. i knew that WCY used his XTG to disable OYF's inner power but OYF recovered his inner power after five yrs. but i used to think it happened during the Mt haushan tournament. before the XTG exchange with yideng.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Well, do note I've never read LOCH or seen the adaptation.

The story I've heard was that WCY died shortly after the first Mt Hua Sword Tournament and he knew that OYF was waiting to get his hands on 9 Yin. Before his death he traded XTG for YYZ with Yideng, so that there would be someone around who could deal with OYF (since the combination of XTG and YYZ is supposed to be great against OYF's HaMo Gong for some unknown reason). Anyway, he was near death, so he faked his funeral, OYF invaded, and when OYF was close enough suddenly WCY leapt out of his coffin and nailed him with YYZ, and OYF fled. But WCY died very shortly afterwards of natural reasons at which point the real funeral was held and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Well, do note I've never read LOCH or seen the adaptation.

The story I've heard was that WCY died shortly after the first Mt Hua Sword Tournament and he knew that OYF was waiting to get his hands on 9 Yin. Before his death he traded XTG for YYZ with Yideng, so that there would be someone around who could deal with OYF (since the combination of XTG and YYZ is supposed to be great against OYF's HaMo Gong for some unknown reason). Anyway, he was near death, so he faked his funeral, OYF invaded, and when OYF was close enough suddenly WCY leapt out of his coffin and nailed him with YYZ, and OYF fled. But WCY died very shortly afterwards of natural reasons at which point the real funeral was held and so on.
    Well, he bursted out of the coffin using Yi Yang zhi with Xian Tian Gong as the basis of the internal. WCY died because YYZ took too much yuan chi from him. It exhausted him of all his energy and he then died.

he knew he was gfoing to die soon?

Quote Originally Posted by rapture
    he knew he was gfoing to die soon?
    probably... he was quite old (sick?) and he knew he wasn't gonna stay alive any longer so in order to protect Quan Zhen Sect from a possible extermination by Ouyang Feng, he staged his own funeral and tricked Ouyang Feng.

good ppl die early

Quote Originally Posted by rikastar
    good ppl die early
    Cheung 3 Fung lived to be over 110.

and WCY was 80+. Old enough to die.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    and WCY was 80+. Old enough to die.
    so that explains his superiority over the rest of the greats at hs? because he was like 30 yrs older?

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    so that explains his superiority over the rest of the greats at hs? because he was like 30 yrs older?
    It certainly didn't hurt. I think winning the Mt. Hua Sword Tournament probably hastened his death. He proved his superiority to the other four Greats, but I think the fight took its toll on him. He had been healthy until a few months after the sword tournament.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    But how did they fight at Mt. Wah? Is it like a free-for-all or one-on-one? If it was a free-for-all then you've got to admit that WCY got skills since he defeated all 4 greats.

more like 1-1
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972 View Post
    more like 1-1
    Not if you watched the 1983 version where they show WCY taking on all 4 other great at once