Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Xiao Au Jiang hu 2001

I don't have knowledge about labor cost in a movie ... (CGI- vs non-CGI).

But as a common audience, I'd prefer bad props than bad CGI.. I mean... remember Hongkong TVB's 80 wuxia series, there were some seriously laughable props there.. the trees, snow, valleys and animals. But that was 80's. Now it would be shameful to use advanced technology (CGI) only to have the same laughable result as 3 decades ago. Mainland China have so much more natural resources and I believe human resources/labors too...

Now I remember! He's quite a good actor! Completely different character, he's definitely not a "type-cast".

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Yeah, the one in 2001 was way too "chubby", the one in 2013, was also in the ZJZ re-make of Royal Tramp 2008... The main imperial guard, WXB's best friend in the palance, Duo Long.

No matter if it YZ or ZJZ, oftentimes the production studios/investment companies are the same ones or ones w/ slightly different names, but same owners and affiliates. They can be sub-companies or so-called shell companies

They tend to also own the same talent agencies, ad agencies, etc... So it's a business owned by a mere handful of people.... So they tend to use the same bunch of stars, pre-production companies, etc...

It's irritating sometimes that BOTH YZ & ZJZ series, one modern and another wuxia will use the same background music... and same set of supporting casts...

Quote Originally Posted by Apop Harris View Post
    I don't have knowledge about labor cost in a movie ... (CGI- vs non-CGI).

But as a common audience, I'd prefer bad props than bad CGI.. I mean... remember Hongkong TVB's 80 wuxia series, there were some seriously laughable props there.. the trees, snow, valleys and animals. But that was 80's. Now it would be shameful to use advanced technology (CGI) only to have the same laughable result as 3 decades ago. Mainland China have so much more natural resources and I believe human resources/labors too...
    CGI often cost less, strange as it may seems. Actual props can build up and be expensive.

But then again, CGI can end up costing a bit as well depending on its quality...

Not sure if that has been posted, on Ebay there is a set with English Subtitles from a Korean company that printed the series. Only $29 with shipping. Its on 10 DVD and the quality is great, even the box is nice.
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

I watched "Miyamoto Musashi 2014" starring Kimura Takuya as the lead, and I was very, very impressed with 80% of the swordplay fight choreography in that, and I kept thinking 'wow, I haven't seen anything impressive as this since XAJH2001' .... it's a Japanese jidaigeki/samurai 4-hours drama, but the fights, the scenery, the cinematography reminds me so much of XAJH2001.

That's the reason I'm re-watching XAJH2001 again now... amazing, I still love this old series very much. Impressed by all the little details. This is definitely the first and the last impressive work by ZJZ. Okay, LoCH 2003 still had the same atmosphere feel... but the rest just weren't the same anymore. Currently on Episode 6.

Question: I really love these 2 music tracks played:

1. Episode 1, when Yu Canghai and his Qing Cheng people showed up for the first time, in the empty Lin family's house. And the music played again when the Qing Cheng people show up again.

2. Episode 6, when Madam Ning showed up for the first time, training female Huashan disciples.

These two tracks are probably the only tracks that has upbeat/cheerful-tune compared to the other melancholic tracks in the OST: www.xiami.com/album/167448‎
    But unfortunately, I can't find those upbeat tracks among the 16 tracks in the original soundtrack

Anyone knows about the music tracks I mentioned? The titles? Where I can find them?

I was reading Li Yapeng's profile/articles in Japanese. It says that the actor who got cast as Linghu Chong in XAJH 2001 wasn't originally him. Li Yapeng was cast as an emergency replacement at the last minute before shooting begun. Is this true? Is there any Chinese source about this? I wonder who was the actor originally cast as LHC in XAJH01...
    Also, the Japanese profile says Jin Yong liked his performance alot as Linghu Chong, that it was Jin Yong himself who strongly recommended him to play Guo Jing in LoCH2003. I wonder how true this one too...