Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Xiao Au Jiang hu 2001

How can XAJH be the best Wuxia pian ever?

Yes the scenery was good, but so what? You don't watch shows because of sceneries, I'd rather look at pictures instead. But the show was so so slow, and all the exciting parts in the book, they made it well not exciting, except for the end. Li yapeng was not good as linghu chong at all! He can't play funny and he didn't have that Oh-I-don't-care attitude at all! It just seemed like he was worried about everything! Sorry, but he just ruined linghu chong for me totally.

The acting was good in the series... every acted well, except for ren woxing IMO.
    The fight scenes were quie nicely choreographed, stroyline got better as the series progressed.

I understand there is a new dvd print just released in China and available in the shops there.

Veegoo in SG is awaiting approval from our crummy censorship board approval.

A friend of mine was in China a few days back and he ordered a copy for me to include with his own stocks.

I didn't like this series at all. I thought it would be good after hearing all of the praises, but boy was I disappointed....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

did china had this version? i thought it was with richie ren adn anita yueng and not li yapeng...

First JY adaptation by ZJZ. Filmed and distributed under CCTV.

Unspeakable Richie is in same league as Singapore's version with the maggee-mee Ma. Awesome........trash.

Quote Originally Posted by angelbabiie
    did china had this version? i thought it was with richie ren adn anita yueng and not li yapeng...

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky
    Li yapeng was not good as linghu chong at all! He can't play funny and he didn't have that Oh-I-don't-care attitude at all!
    wait to you see HXM as YG.....

personally thought LYP was alright for LHC, and his chemistry with Xu Qing was pretty much the highlight of the series for me
    that and the fact that scenery was nice, music was nice and choreography was good

Only JY purists get disappointed with LYP as LHC. You just have to take him as his LHC is and you won't be disappointed.

He was very good as the disguised army officer and also acted superbly when he was insulting the nun in the tavern scene to get her to leave. The part where he discovered that the old po-po was actually RYY, the heretic sect senior disciple, was very touching. His pain which he tried to hide upon discovering that his shi mei prefered the other guy was also palpable.

He was much better as LHC than he was as GJ in LOCH. And XQ with him had great chemistry.

And of course, the music, the scenery, the sword-fighting, the Sichuan dialect...awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    wait to you see HXM as YG.....

personally thought LYP was alright for LHC, and his chemistry with Xu Qing was pretty much the highlight of the series for me
    that and the fact that scenery was nice, music was nice and choreography was good

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Only JY purists get disappointed with LYP as LHC. You just have to take him as his LHC is and you won't be disappointed.
    He was much better as LHC than he was as YG in LOCH. And XQ with him had great chemistry.
    i will die the day they cast him as YG
    He was good as Ling Hu Chong in XAJH, but i was very disappointed with his performance in LOCH

Stop stalking me!! I feel like that dirty rapist Taoist who was dogged by a confused XLN!!
    Go away!!! Shoo!! Shoo!!

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    i will die the day they cast him as YG
    He was good as Ling Hu Chong in XAJH, but i was very disappointed with his performance in LOCH

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Stop stalking me!! I feel like that dirty rapist Taoist who was dogged by a confused XLN!!
    Go away!!! Shoo!! Shoo!!
    how am i stalking you?

Default I am surprised

I am Indonesian. And back there...not many people like the series. It's considered a failure...they only have the first half segment of the vcd, and decided not distributing the 2nd half.

Reading some of the praised comments about the series really surprised me. I am interested in getting this series anyway. I like LYP in LOCH. Thought he did a good job as GJ. Since this is his first tv series, I wonder if I can get the same satisfaction watching his act.

Thoughts?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

The editing was pretty bad. Some of the scenes didn't make sense because they cut parts in between out. Or it only has one line and the character moved to another position really quickly. However, overall this is probably the best XAJH that I have seen compared to TVB 96 and argh Richie Ren 2000 version.

There's something I really like about this series. The way it's filmed makes wulin seem "dirty" and "brutal" like how I imagined it should look like. Clothes are drenched in mud, blood spills, arms get chopped off. None of the "cleanliness" that plagues other series. It has more "grit".
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JigSta
    There's something I really like about this series. The way it's filmed makes wulin seem "dirty" and "brutal" like how I imagined it should look like. Clothes are drenched in mud, blood spills, arms get chopped off. None of the "cleanliness" that plagues other series. It has more "grit".
    I believe XAJH is one of the more brutal ones. The others seem to make the Jiang Hu into a beautiful, fairy-tale like world. The thing is, Jiang Hu is like this. Since the movies made in Hong Kong (Swordsmen), it has been portrayed as a brutal one, with Ren Wo Xing, and so many other backstabbers (Yue Bu Qung), fight between the seemingly good and the seemingly bad...

As for LYP, he's a great Ling Hu Chong (Better than Ren Xian Qi/Richie Ren). Ling Hu Chong in the beginning, I believe, is supposed to seem like he doesn't care on the outside, but cares on the inside. Later on, he knows how to be a "smiling proud wanderer," but only after many difficulties, including losing his first love and the trust of YUe Bu Qun, then realizing that everyone who seemed good was actually so bad, while Ying Ying, who seemed so bad at first, was really good, etc. If you see his change, in the beginning, he really showed how he believed that xie jiao is bad, and he must kill them, while his opinion changes.

Anyways, I love Li Ya Peng in here as Ling Hu Chong, though I agree his Guo Jing wasn't very good.

Also, recommendation--you should watch the hong kong movies of Xiao Ao Jiang Hu and Dong Fang bu Bai.

hi .. i have been trying to buy XAJH2001 DVD with english subtitled in local chinese stores but unfortunately i couldn't find so far yet... is there anyone who bought from local stores? i live in Los Angeles, San Gabriel area.... or from online? pls let me know where to buy it... thank in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by qinglong
    hi .. i have been trying to buy XAJH2001 DVD with english subtitled in local chinese stores but unfortunately i couldn't find so far yet... is there anyone who bought from local stores? i live in Los Angeles, San Gabriel area.... or from online? pls let me know where to buy it... thank in advance...
    I bought mine from www.yesasia.com. Just search for Laughing in the wind and you should be able to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by qinglong
    www.deepdiscountdvd.com have the whole set for a little over $70 USD. i actually bought all four volumes (individually) from there and and have no complaints. plus free standand shipping.

here's the link:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FAC089846
    ---------
    Shellie

who is the actress acting as ren ying ying? is she pretty?
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Xu Qing. I believe she was 29 when she did XAJH.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    who is the actress acting as ren ying ying? is she pretty?