Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Xiao Au Jiang hu 2001

The outlandish makeup is to show her ties with an unconventional sect. Later when she falls for LHC and he returns her love the weird makeup is gone.

i love this series very much.. i think both LYP and Xu Qing could portrait LHC and RYY very well, especially Xu Qing. Their chemistry is also great.. Not really loyal to the novel though, but still it is very enjoyable

Does anyone know if this version is cut or does it have the full 40ep. Kind of suspicious because it comes on only 3 dvds and is only $19.99

Blood Cold And Proud Hot AKA: Laughing In the Wind (Ep.1-40) (End) (3DVD Version) (Taiwan Version)
    http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...id-1004515110/

I'd suggest you get this one with 6 DVDs. Your example should be just vcd format encoded into a dvd disc. Not worth paying same price. I got the 6 DVDs set and seems be more complete when compared to the vcd released which contains many bad editing.

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...id-1004482148/

Quote Originally Posted by jorucard
    Does anyone know if this version is cut or does it have the full 40ep. Kind of suspicious because it comes on only 3 dvds and is only $19.99

Blood Cold And Proud Hot AKA: Laughing In the Wind (Ep.1-40) (End) (3DVD Version) (Taiwan Version)
    http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...id-1004515110/

Thanks for the Info, but it doesn't seem like they will ship this version to the US for some reason. Found a 7 DVD version on Ebay. WIll try that.

how come alot of people like this version? i actually enjoyed watching the 96 verson the best with jacky liu and fiona leung. i loved the song that they played together and the graphics were pretty cool. i liked the costumes and fighting scenes way better then this version. seems not much people have watched that verson. and i actually like the steven ma version. loved how the elaborated the story differently and i like how they made ling hu chong fall for Dong Fong Bai Bi(girl playing her looks hot) yeah and i also like the use of explosions in that series. the fightings pretty nice just hate how they used the slow motion but u get use to it.

Think there's a US licenced version with English subs by Knight Media (?) but very ex!!

Quote Originally Posted by jorucard
    Thanks for the Info, but it doesn't seem like they will ship this version to the US for some reason. Found a 7 DVD version on Ebay. WIll try that.

1. Think it's because the '01 is the better version if you're not a JY purist/TVB fanboyz and just enjoy it.
    2. That's a SG/Taiwan joint production. We call Ma the maggee mee cos of his dreadlocks which was pretty overboard for a period wuxia piece. We also tend to really hate our local productions that stars people like Fann or Zoey the Duck voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban
    how come alot of people like this version? i actually enjoyed watching the 96 verson the best with jacky liu and fiona leung. i loved the song that they played together and the graphics were pretty cool. i liked the costumes and fighting scenes way better then this version. seems not much people have watched that verson. and i actually like the steven ma version. loved how the elaborated the story differently and i like how they made ling hu chong fall for Dong Fong Bai Bi(girl playing her looks hot) yeah and i also like the use of explosions in that series. the fightings pretty nice just hate how they used the slow motion but u get use to it.
    Last edited by Surferket; 04-26-07 at 11:29 AM.

well yeah i didnt really like the steve ma version just thought a new story was good.

This series is being seeded at d-addicts right now with english subs. I downloaded up to episode 20 in less than 2 hours.

wow thats nice. love how theres a lot of people who download and help seed such as myself but then theres those who just download and dont leave the seedin window on. whats so hard to do that? well anyways i like all of the version just didn t really like the actors/actresses in the li ya peng version. like the 96 because jacky liu looks cool(dont know why people say hes ugly) fiona looks pretty good cherry yin(forgot her name the girl who plays ling sang) timmy ho fitted his role as ling ping cheung. everyone was good looking and the fighting scenes were all nice as well. i loved the costumes of the hue san sect. and love the musical theme that both leads played sounded cool and upbeat you know.

Oh my! I just saw the fight scene in the bamboo forest! IT IS AWESOME! I loved how RYY played the zither while LHC sliced people up. Very nicely done! I'm glad they cut out the voices during that part and put in the music. If there was more of this kind out there.

Yah that bamboo forest fight scene is one of the best all time fight ever.
    None has beat it to-date. Nearest was ROCH06 XLN's fight in the Cheng Zheng temple but due to lousy editing it didn't do the trick.
    Another good one is TLBB Qiao Feng's fight against all the gathered wu-lin clans when he tried to get medical help for A-Zhi.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Oh my! I just saw the fight scene in the bamboo forest! IT IS AWESOME! I loved how RYY played the zither while LHC sliced people up. Very nicely done! I'm glad they cut out the voices during that part and put in the music. If there was more of this kind out there.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    I decided to give this series a try, since there's nothing else interesting to watch.

I was a little surprised at first by the music, that scream for the ending song is quite interesting. I got used to it and now I actually look forward to hearing that song. The first episode was kind of weird because I wasn't used to the 'dirty' look and there was no colorful clothing. It reminded me of the older wuxia series I watched as a kid. And I love how RYY was flying over the tall grasses. The outfit she wore was nice too, not anything over the top. You really couldn't tell if the person was male or female. One thing I will complain about is her make up.

I'm only up to episode 10 and waiting to see more.
    haha, i love XAJH b/c of its realistic portrayal of the pugilist world. you'll get some colorful clothing with yue ling shan, which really matches her personality. RYY also gets some nice clothing, though they're not as bright as YLS'. I think her make up's really pretty and unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Yah that bamboo forest fight scene is one of the best all time fight ever.
    None has beat it to-date. Nearest was ROCH06 XLN's fight in the Cheng Zheng temple but due to lousy editing it didn't do the trick.
    Another good one is TLBB Qiao Feng's fight against all the gathered wu-lin clans when he tried to get medical help for A-Zhi.

haha, i just watched it and favorited it. i was wondering, why does the name Surferket sound so familiar. (I'm dreamerofeternity, btw.)

Yes, this version is watchable even I like the 80s version more, this adaption still okay to watch. I have to say that in this adaption, that guy that play PingChing (can't really spell his name), can really act sissy, I don't really see him as a man at all even before the incident. He more like a woman type to me. That just my opinion, I am aplogize if I offend any of his fan.
    ''It is not so important to know everything as to appreciate what we learn.''

[
    Thanks for your comments on youtube. XAJH 2001 is truly my all time favourite wuxia show. I like the LHC/RYY relationship even when it was pretty one-sided in the beginning because LHC can't get over his feelings for YLS.

QUOTE=bluegirl11375;729596]haha, i just watched it and favorited it. i was wondering, why does the name Surferket sound so familiar. (I'm dreamerofeternity, btw.)[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by GIgis View Post
    Yes, this version is watchable even I like the 80s version more, this adaption still okay to watch. I have to say that in this adaption, that guy that play PingChing (can't really spell his name), can really act sissy, I don't really see him as a man at all even before the incident. He more like a woman type to me. That just my opinion, I am aplogize if I offend any of his fan.
    you must be joking when you say "any of his fan." ling ping zhi is supposed to be a despicable person anyway, and i think this drama played it out really well.

I think he means the actor.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!