Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you like live in an ancient life?

Default Would you like live in an ancient life?

Which person/profile you like it?A Simple farmer(ex-kungfu master)/soldier(officer class)/royal prince/emperor/something kungfu master(dai hap)/etc...
    No computer, no wuxia forums, no cars, no cellphones, no liberty girlfriend relationship, etc,,,but freedom life, clear air, no time-stress, no tax-duty(?), etc,,,
    please, continue
    錦衣衛

Quote Originally Posted by Gamyeewai
    Which person/profile you like it?A Simple farmer(ex-kungfu master)/soldier(officer class)/royal prince/emperor/something kungfu master(dai hap)/etc...
    No computer, no wuxia forums, no cars, no cellphones, no liberty girlfriend relationship, etc,,,but freedom life, clear air, no time-stress, no tax-duty(?), etc,,,
    please, continue
    Lol... it's too dangerous living in the royal palace... if i was a maid, i'd probably break a cup by accident and get whipped constantly. I'm kinda clumsy. If i was a princess, i would probably get married off to some old guy for some political alliance.

THe only thing i'd like about ancienct life would be the fighting. I always wanted to learn Wu Gong... although, i'd probably get killed by one of the many villains at the time.

it would be hard for a woman to survive during those times since we're exposed to the luxuries of modern day. however, if i didn't have the experience of the modern world, i would love to live in ancient times. except the idea of polygamy, of men getting away with certain crimes towards women, the idea of women having no rights and no place in society make the desire to live in ancient times not so strong.

sure, i would love to possess martial arts but the chances of me doing much would be nil because i would need to have at least a male supporter in order to gain any respect or power or be allowed to do anything. i would likely roam around jiang hu as a female pugilist and by fate, find myself a heroic male pugilist who practices monogamy. we would have our own adventures until we feel as though life is complete then retire in seclusion after making waves in wulin.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    except the idea of polygamy, of men getting away with certain crimes towards women, the idea of women having no rights and no place in society make the desire to live in ancient times not so strong.
    Except for all that... i seriously doubt i'd be able to survive in such a male dominated world, where women are treated like crap. I bet i'd just end up being vase duty -.-

I'd be a nice idea to roam around Jiang Hu with a other women... start up a little 'femininist' gang... or roam around with a nice heroic guy... (like GJ)

I'd like to live like the elderly Zhang San Feng. I'm a big fan of that senior citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Lol... it's too dangerous living in the royal palace... if i was a maid, i'd probably break a cup by accident and get whipped constantly. I'm kinda clumsy. If i was a princess, i would probably get married off to some old guy for some political alliance.

THe only thing i'd like about ancienct life would be the fighting. I always wanted to learn Wu Gong... although, i'd probably get killed by one of the many villains at the time.
    oh, sorry i have forget here is some girls.
    錦衣衛

yea. as a guy, you'd be able to marry all the girls off and do whatever you wanted really. Sighs... it would definitely be a better life if you were a guy... imagine being the emperor... over 100 wives i think... then imagine being a wife... i bet you'd just be refined to your room, and then you'll accidently scratch the emperor, and he'll get annoyed, and you'll get executed.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    I'd like to live like the elderly Zhang San Feng. I'm a big fan of that senior citizen.
    No senior citizen benefits back in those days. Although people actually regard you as knowledgeable and look up to you as a source rather than a burden.

I think being a founder of a sect is ok. Prefer roaming and drinking like LHC though.

Btw, Icyfox, whos your fav physicist?
    Last edited by yittz; 05-07-06 at 08:16 AM.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Heck yeah! Ancient life sure has more freedom and you don't have to go to school. Maybe I could meet some ancient martial artists and learn HL18Z! Hahahaha!

I would rather be born a male and into one of the higher social class status.
    Life would be very mudane if born into a farmer family. I mean you have to farm for the rest of your life and what's the fun???

Being like linghu chong would be pretty sweet

I'd be a travelling Ministrel - a drifter from town to town, playing for my supper, having a tumble in the haystack with the milkman's daughter, getting chased by her brothers, cousins and uncles... the Minstrel carry news where ever he goes - be they truth or false, the ignorant villagers will hold on to every word I say! LOL

I would be a wandering herbalist/healer, travelling everywhere from cities to towns to mountains, etc, I would know some kung fu for self defense, and heal/treat people for food and money. I would dress up as a guy for convenience in travelling, and i wouldnt live by strict customs or laws. eventually, i would find my wuxia hero and we would settle down on a mountain top somewhere where we would practice martial arts, play chess, create music, and write poems/stories to our dying days. Sigh,

Being ZWJ is better.. Have the strongest kung fu in the martial arts realm.. as well as having four beautiful ladies by your side.. Haha.. actually settling down with Zhao Min is the best thing any guy could have.. Living a life of seclusion with your loved one(XLN) is also nice.. oops i'm straying from the topic.. well.. conclusion.. ancient life rocks.. beats living in this rat-race world with a lot of pressure and hardly any true feelings left in human beings nowadays.. not referring to you guys so no offence..

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    yea. as a guy, you'd be able to marry all the girls off and do whatever you wanted really. Sighs... it would definitely be a better life if you were a guy... imagine being the emperor... over 100 wives i think... then imagine being a wife... i bet you'd just be refined to your room, and then you'll accidently scratch the emperor, and he'll get annoyed, and you'll get executed.

lol, one woman is already a handful. imagine having to deal with more.

I want to live in a tomb with my lovah.

Sounds so S&M...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    well.. conclusion.. ancient life rocks.. beats living in this rat-race world with a lot of pressure and hardly any true feelings left in human beings nowadays.. not referring to you guys so no offence..
    lets not get carried away with ancient life - just remember this is wishful thinking. in reality (in ancient life) you have to fetch your own water from the river, dig your own hole when nature calls; cultivate, forage and hunt for your own food (if you decide to live in seclusion).

Quote Originally Posted by Femme
    I want to live in a tomb with my lovah.

Sounds so S&M...
    the word 'necrophilia' comes to my mind not S&M

O.T.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    Btw, Icyfox, whos your fav physicist?
    Richard Feynman. Einstein comes in a close second.

Default minggaow_tvb

Hee...Interesting topic. I'm a girl, and if I could choose, I guess I will like to try living in the ancient times...
    I will probably want to be an average skilled female kung fu adventurer who travels and drifts around the wulin. Probably like the character Mu Wan Qing or "female version of Duan Yu" from Demi Gods and the Semi Devils... hee, I know I'm weird, but it's just what I want to be if I live in the ancient times!
    Fav TVB Artist/Singer: Tavia and Raymond
    Always Obsessed with: Demi Gods and the Semi Devils 97 & Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre 2000