Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Asians looking younger than their age

Banned

Asians looking younger than their age

sometimes true and sometimes not. i mean if you stressed a lot then you might aged faster then if you not stressed.

It's our skin, it is better than that of white people.

Black people look REALLY young, you can't tell if they're 40 or 20. They have thick, tough skin that's resistant to the effects of aging.

I think it depends on hairstyle, height, clothing, and make-up. Different looks make people look different age. Also the body shape and curves make them look a certain age. Asian girls seem to be less curvy so they look younger. What they eat, lifestyle, genes add up to it too. I know a lot of westerners go tanning to look "better" or hide their wrinkles, but not all realize it only causes them more wrinkles... anyways. Not all Asians look younger, just like not all westerners look older. I'm caucasian and I'm 17, soon to be 18. My 15 year old sister looks older then me and everytime we get introduced to new people they think I'm the younger one. It gets annoying when I want to do something my age but I can't because I look like I'm 14-15. I hope though that when I'll get older I'll still look younger because then it will be a compliment to be mistaken for younger age
    p.s. Asian girls are so pretty and look so young that sometimes I want to be Asian
    With a touch of a butterfly's wing, so soft and fragile, I can hear your heartbeat next to mine. It could easily be broken, but as long as it’s flying, the colors are still holding on.

Its good if your in your fourties. But its not so good when you are a child.

You may say that most Asians look younger than their age, but I've always been (since i was around 10 I'm pretty sure) mistaken for someone older. And I dont wear much make up, yet I just wear those office pants with a shirt. Perhaps that helped in a way. I was once even mistaken for someone 10 years older. Weird.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

BlueSkies
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by chuy605 View Post
    I know what you are talking about, i think Asian people age slower then other race. Just compare a 30yrs white woman to a 30 yrs Asian woman, i bet that Asian woman will look why younger. Its just the way asians are.
    Not necessarily. it depend's on the individual
    Last edited by BlueSkies; 03-09-08 at 09:35 PM.

I think it is depending on the gene, lifestyle, and environment. For those one who said they are looked younger than their age, I bet they live a very healthy lifestyle. Me too that I look younger than my age because of my healthy lifestyle, not because that I am asian. For the asian who smoke, abuse drugs, lot of party and drinking with little sleep, they look older than their age... For the caucasian who jogging in the park when it's snowing, they look way younger than their age. If you look at the asians in asia where they live in heavily polluted environment and in poverty, I don't think they look younger than their age...

Lifestyle does matter. I'm a granny who sleeps at least 7.5 hours a day + eats tons of junk food. I still pass as a fresh highschool grad.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

generally asians do look younger when you compare to europeans. that's because we generally are shorter and don't have too much facial hair. But ofcourse it depends individually I mean if you are bald and stuff you will definitely look older.

I do notice that by 30 Caucasian girls start having noticeable wrinkles and guys start getting bald (they have wrinkles too)... is it because they club too much from 16 onwards? Does too much night life make one age?
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    I do notice that by 30 Caucasian girls start having noticeable wrinkles and guys start getting bald (they have wrinkles too)... is it because they club too much from 16 onwards? Does too much night life make one age?
    im pretty sure a busy night life takes a toll on your body. I have seen many caucasian girl have wrinkles when they are in their 20s but they don't care too much about it anyway.

Starting on make-up at 14 doesn't help either. Especially they have thin, delicate skin at their prime (16-18). Well I guess they had their fun.

I couldn't buy a fish one time because the sales people didn't believe I was older than 18 years old to buy a fish. My asian friend is my age and she looks really young, also very short so one time at a restaurant the waitor gave her a kid's menu, she's 20.

Couldn't buy a fish?? That's interesting; never know there's an age limit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by yufeihong View Post
    I couldn't buy a fish one time because the sales people didn't believe I was older than 18 years old to buy a fish. My asian friend is my age and she looks really young, also very short so one time at a restaurant the waitor gave her a kid's menu, she's 20.
    kids menu

did she order from the kids menu what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Starting on make-up at 14 doesn't help either. Especially they have thin, delicate skin at their prime (16-18). Well I guess they had their fun.
    Not 14 - these days, I see girls with layers of foundation at the age of 9. It's ridiculous. The other day, I picked up my friend's niece and her friends, who are all about 10 years old. They went to the toilets and took a long time, so I went in to see what was happening, and they were all checking their hair, make-up and clothes in the mirror. They're only 10 years old!
    I see wrinkles on 15 year olds these days. Even on 13 year olds from time to time.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

i agree with girlikeme, some teen agers right now are so eager to use make ups, use different cosmetics that make them look prettier but the point is they exposing their skins at early age to harsh chemicals. In Phillipines most actress wear haevy make ups, you cannot guess their real age but compare to other asian actress especially the koreans and taiwanese actress they can portray highschool student in dramas because they really look young for their age.

Make-up at 9! That's outrageous! But WHY? Girls of any race at that age should have perfect skin and complexion!? No wonder they have wrinkles by 15. Okay maybe many kids are stupid but are their moms stupid too!?

its different for me. everybody thinks i'm at least 14 or 15, and my elder sister is the younger one... maybe its because i'm tall, but in general, most people in my school mistake my group for year 9's or year 10's. but none of us wear makeup on school days, only some light eye makeup on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme View Post
    Its good if your in your fourties. But its not so good when you are a child.

You may say that most Asians look younger than their age, but I've always been (since i was around 10 I'm pretty sure) mistaken for someone older. And I dont wear much make up, yet I just wear those office pants with a shirt. Perhaps that helped in a way. I was once even mistaken for someone 10 years older. Weird.
    that's probably because you look older than you really are. It happens.

Asian girls do tend to look younger...I think it has something to do with our smaller body frame.

Just yesterday I managed to pose as a freshman during freshman orientation. I was going along fine collecting free stuff until I ran across some of my past professors, who only smiled and didn't really expose me. One of the group leaders even called me back cause he thought I was going to get lost, when in reality I was sneaking back to class.

The "freshman only" lunch wasn't worth acting all ditzy and excited for college though.