Thread: Weird ROCH '83/HSDS '86 casting and character coincidence.

Default Weird ROCH '83/HSDS '86 casting and character coincidence.

At the end of ROCH, it was revealed that the 9 Yeung Jen Ging had been stolen by Siu Seung Tze and Wan Hak Sai, two of the Mongols' mercenary warriors. It was a mortally wounded Wan Hak Sai who concealed the 9 Yeung Jen Ging into the skin of a gorilla, meaning that he was the last person to have known the whereabouts of the 9 Yeung Jen Ging until Cheung Mo Gei encountered the gorilla 100 years later. Cheung Mo Gei's encounter with the gorilla probably would not have occurred had he not been chased into one particular cave by Chu Chung Ling, descendent of former Dali Prime Minister Chu Tze Lau.

So Wan Hak Sai was responsible for the disappearance of the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, and Chu Chung Ling was partially responsible for its rediscovery.

The odd thing: veteran TVB actor Tam Bing Mun played Wan Hak Sai in ROCH '83 and Chu Chung Ling in HSDS '86.

So in the 1980s, Tam Bing Mun played for TVB both the character that "lost" the 9 Yeung Jen Ging and the one who helped to find it again.

he he nice observation

many of the actors and actresses seem to be recycled in the wuxia serials.
    TaZzY InC

Default IN HSDS1986

Oh yeah.... that reminds me , I always wondered who was that man clad in white in the beginning scenes with Guo Xiang at Shaolin, he specifically looked for Zhang Jun Bo's teacher to relay the message that 9yang is in the oil, but its actually in the gorilla but since oil and gorilla sounded the same or something, they never found out the truth.

So who was that man and who sent him to deliver the message? I 've been trying to figure that out.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

tat should be the 3 saints of kumlun right?
    TaZzY InC

Yes, but what history does he have and who sent him and how did he know?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

think it was mentioned that the 2 jokers escaped to near kunlun mountains and was found by the peopole there...
    TaZzY InC

Tazz, those 2 people were Wun Hak Sai and Xiao Xiang Zhi. The "people" who found them were Ho Jook Doe aka The Three Saints of Kulun.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Yes, but what history does he have and who sent him and how did he know?
    Yin Kexi and Xiao Xiang Zhi ventured to the western borders of Kunlun and there they met Ho Jook Doe. The two were fighting it out against each other to the death so they can choose which one of them would have the 9 Yang Manual that they had stolen from Shaolin. Yin Kexi won in the end, only because Xaio Xiang Zhi was heavily injured at Mt. Hua and never recovered fully, but the fight turned out fatal for both of them. It was Ho Jook Doe who had to seperate the two, which leads me to believe that Ho Jook Doe is a level higher than the two. Before Yin Kexi died, he repented for his sins and told Ho Jook Doe "Ging joi yau zhong" (manual inside oil) and he really meant "Ging joi hau zhong"(manual inside gorilla). He was dying so his voice wasn't clear. Anyway, Yin Kexi had told He Jook Do to go to Shaolin and look for a monk named "Kwok Yuan" and relate the message of "Ging Joi Yau Zhong" to him. Of course, nobody at Shaolin knew what that meant cause He Jook Doe had misheard the message.

As for the history of Ho Jook Doe - He is in association of the KuLun Sect. He's probably one of Ho Tai Chong's grand martial arts uncles. He is known as the 3 Saints of KuLun cause he's good at swordplay, go, and zither and he came from KuLun. His martial arts is very high cause he's capable of jumping roughly 30 feet in the air in one jump, a feat nobody at Shaolin is capable of.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Here's another casting coincidence, but it's between DGSD '81 and LOCH '82.

The same actor depicted the character Chung Man Sau (i.e. Chung Ling's adoptive father) in DGSD '81 and the character Hon Bo Kui (i.e. Gong Nam Freak # 3) in LOCH '82. The coincidence lies in that both Chung Man Sau and Hon Bo Kui held the title "Ma Wong Sun" (i.e. "Divine Horse King").

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    The coincidence lies in that both Chung Man Sau and Hon Bo Kui held the title "Ma Wong Sun" (i.e. "Divine Horse King").
    In the 3rd edition of DGSD, Jin Yong changed the title of Zhong Wanchou (Chung Man Sau) to "He who Kills Others at Sight" (Jian4 Ren2 Jiu4 Sha1 见人就杀 Gin Yan Jau Saat). The reason for the change is not specified, but it could perhaps be one or more of the following:
    1. to give Zhong Wanchou a more aggressive-sounding personality.
    2. to do away with the original title that did not contribute to the story or personality of Zhong Wanchou.
    3. to differentiate Zhong Wanchou from Han Baoju, as noted by Ken Cheng in terms of the similarity of titles and actors who portrayed the two characters.

Source: http://wuxiapedia.com/novels/jin_yon...gures/people#Z
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

I think that was a great change, as Han got the nickname because he was very good at training horses, whereas Zhong got it because he had a horse face and brain.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Austin Powers and Dr. Evil are the same actors too!!!

oh wait austin powers is not wuxia T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Loke-Gao-Zhu
    Austin Powers and Dr. Evil are the same actors too!!!

oh wait austin powers is not wuxia T_T

hahaha hey, don't forget the fat guy in the skirt!