27 35.53%
  • ZBT wins

26 34.21%
  • Draw... or ZBT pretends to lose so that he could learn DCXY from MRB

23 30.26%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Murong Bo vs Zhou Botong

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    MRB can take out experts with 1 strike when he was a young teen.
    Which was quite spectacular, but for all that, all he had to show for it by the time he was middle-aged was parity with Siu Yeun San, Kiu Fung, and Kau Mor Tze.

Somehow, despite his great early promise, Mo Yung Bok ended up being "only" great, as opposed to unfreakingbelievably great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Which was quite spectacular, but for all that, all he had to show for it by the time he was middle-aged was parity with Siu Yeun San, Kiu Fung, and Kau Mor Tze.

Somehow, despite his great early promise, Mo Yung Bok ended up being "only" great, as opposed to unfreakingbelievably great.
    Parity with Xiao (I smashed the gathered cream of wulin elites with only a nameless kung-fu when I was 30) Yuanshan and Jiu (72 Art, GOD of Fists, Palms, Kicks, Fingers, Hair Pulling, Toe Stomping, Ankle Biting,Piledriver, Drop Kicks etc etc) Mozhi is already quite spectacular.

I mean, at 14 MRB can take out 1 elite. At 30, XYS with some nameless kung-fu was slaughtering an entire group of the supposed cream of Central Plains fighters.
    Both are quite equal acheivements.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Interestingly, no CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY Great could have done what Mo Yung Bok did at age fifteen. Among those whose teen years we got a glimpse of...

Gwok Jing - No freaking way (sorry; bad pun), unless he's lucky enough for another big fluke like when he killed Chan Yeun Fung by accident.

Yeung Gor - no chance

Cheung Gwun Bo - At age sixteen, he did get a surprise hit on Ho Juk Dao of Kunlun Sect, but this isn't quite in the league of what Mo Yung Bok did at fifteen.

Cheung Mo Gei - nup. nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Interestingly, no CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY Great could have done what Mo Yung Bok did at age fifteen. Among those whose teen years we got a glimpse of...

Gwok Jing - No freaking way (sorry; bad pun), unless he's lucky enough for another big fluke like when he killed Chan Yeun Fung by accident.

Cheung Mo Gei - nup. nada.
    Simply because they're *different* characters, Senior Master, and Jin Yong would be considered as a bad writer if many of his characters are stereotyped in the process of life.
    Guo Jing at the age of 15 couldn't be as powerful as Murong Bo but at the age of 5x he nearly reached the level of Murong Bo, in spite of a lot of military affairs.
    As for Zhang Wuji, I bet at the age of 20 if both of them fought with each other, Wuji would slap Murong Bu on his cheeks until Murong Bo falls down unconscious. .
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Unlike others, MRB learned his martial arts way earlier since his martial arts are passed down by his ancestors
    在下日月神教陸教主是也

why does MRB's son MRF stink so badly? MRF trained at old age?

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    why does MRB's son MRF stink so badly? MRF trained at old age?
    MRF was a jack of all trades and a master of none. He simply tried learning too many skills at once instead of concentrating on 1 or 2. Also his internal is pretty crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by The_One
    MRF was a jack of all trades and a master of none. He simply tried learning too many skills at once instead of concentrating on 1 or 2. Also his internal is pretty crappy.
    so kinda like YG pre-HIS stage?

I'd say MRB will win this. ZBT will probably get owned by MRB's impressive LDAs.

I vote for Old Murong too I think only Guo Jing/Yang Guo from Condor Greats side can "win" against DGSD Elites..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I vote for Old Murong too I think only Guo Jing/Yang Guo from Condor Greats side can "win" against DGSD Elites..
    Zhang Wuji is the only one with the raw material to compete with the DGSD elites, and he's by some distance the worst fighter of the trilogy protagonists.

I mean only Guo/Yang have a "big chance" while Wuji Laowantong and other Greats not..
    If DGSD Elites was Barcelona or Real Madrid then Guo/Yang is Bayern Munchen and the other Greats "just" Chelsea or Arsenal

I mean only Guo/Yang have a "big chance" while Wuji Laowantong and other Greats not..
    If DGSD Elites was Barcelona or Real Madrid then Guo/Yang is Bayern Munchen and the other Greats "just" Chelsea or Arsenal
    Only ZWJ has the raw internal to compete with that displayed by the DGSD elites. Technique may give an edge, but sufficient disparity in internal can blow everything away in the trilogy, and the DGSD elites are awe inspiring in this respect.

I think is not true..
    Since Yang Guo thought that Jue Yuan (best 9 Yang practioner) "comparable" to Yideng/Guo Jing in terms of "inner strenght" so how can Wuji outclass Guo Jing/any of Condor Greats at that aspec

ROCH chapter 40 page 3 (2nd edition)..
    After a while Guo Fu was gone. But from the mountain they heard a shout, “Book thief! Show yourself!” That voice was loud and powerful. It was a sign of strong internal energy. Yang Guo was astonished, the voice was not inferior to his. He wondered, “How come there is an expert I do not know?”

By moving his body a little bit, Yang Guo was able to see the source of the voice. He saw a grey shadow running lightning fast toward the hill where they were. Very soon he could see that the shadow was actually two people: a grey-robed monk holding a youngster’s hand.

Yin Kexi and Xiaoxiang Zi had already hidden themselves amongst the tall grasses. They did not dare to breathe.

Yang Guo kept staring, he thought, “In terms of lightness kungfu, he is not superior to Long’er or me, but he is able to carry someone on this difficult path. His strength is comparable to Reverend Yideng and Uncle Guo. How come I’ve never heard of him?”

ROCH chapter 40 page 3 (2nd edition)..

Yang Guo kept staring, he thought, “In terms of lightness kungfu, he is not superior to Long’er or me, but he is able to carry someone on this difficult path. His strength is comparable to Reverend Yideng and Uncle Guo. How come I’ve never heard of him?”
    For that sentence to be phrased this way, it seems as if YG is ranking GJ and Yideng and Jue Yuan's strength as above his own.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Haha..
    After a while Guo Fu was gone. But from the mountain they heard a shout, “Book thief! Show yourself!” That voice was loud and powerful. It was a sign of strong internal energy. Yang Guo was astonished, the voice was not inferior to his. He wondered, “How come there is an expert I do not know?”

By moving his body a little bit, Yang Guo was able to see the source of the voice. He saw a grey shadow running lightning fast toward the hill where they were. Very soon he could see that the shadow was actually two people: a grey-robed monk holding a youngster’s hand.

Yin Kexi and Xiaoxiang Zi had already hidden themselves amongst the tall grasses. They did not dare to breathe.

Yang Guo thought the "power" of Jue Yuan Guo Jing and him was "equal"
    Zhang Sanfeng thought Wuji "strenght" also "equal" not "above" Jue Yuan or Guo Jing or even himself so how come Wuji outclassed any of Condor Greats at that point

Zhang Sanfeng was only a teenager at the time and did not know any martial arts though, so we can't really trust what he thinks. Like lifting a heavy weight, if it's 1000 pounds and you can barely lift 100, you can't tell the difference between 1000 pounds and 2000 pounds. Even though he later reaches their level and can lift 2000 pounds, he can't really just think back and accurately assess the situation at the time.

Yang Guo's thoughts seem more pertinent though, and it sure looks like JY is saying Jue Yuan's inner strength was just about their equal, and Wuji seemed to have reached a slightly higher level due to the Qiankun bag incident.

So you mean Wuji 9 Yang > Jue Yuan 9 Yang..
    Well even Jue Yuan can "bounce back" Xiaoxiang Zi attack and he not wounded at all what about Wuji did his 9 Yang "auto protect" give him same effect like Jue Yuan
    I doubt☺️☺️☺️☺️

So you mean Wuji 9 Yang > Jue Yuan 9 Yang..
    Well even Jue Yuan can "bounce back" Xiaoxiang Zi attack and he not wounded at all what about Wuji did his 9 Yang "auto protect" give him same effect like Jue Yuan
    I doubt☺️☺️☺️☺️
    Didn't Cheung Mo Gei do exactly that on several occasions both at Gwong Ming Peak and at Mt. Mo Dong?