Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: A closer look at YG vs ZBT and what it reveals.

  1. #21
    Banned strife_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    It's either I win or you lose
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Oh btw, I'm only 13 years and still able to give a good punch to older baddies with Curse Seal level 2. Someday I will be the next Hokage. The strongest. That's my way of ninja !
    errr... ok lol

  2. #22
    Senior Member Tazzy1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tazzy Land
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    isn't there a age limit in this forum??

  3. #23
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun
    Yes, not all the bad guy got himself kicked by the main guy. I stand corrected for that. Yes of course GJ was not the strongest at the end of LoCH. The guy was slow (if not stupid). Unlike YG that's so crafty and talented from beginning. The LoCH got the Greats and frankly honest, it will be stupid for JY to put the 'slow' GJ beat the Greats. Only afters years of RoCH than he was called equal to them.
    We've analyzed this particular point at length quite a few times, and while everyone can agree that Gwok Jing is unlikely to get any invitations to join MENSA, his relative slowness of thought doesn't extend to his martial arts abilities. In terms of ability to learn and master martial arts, he is no worse than equal to any of the other Greats (including Yeung Gor). Wong Yung, Yeung Hong, and Au Yeung Hak were all of his generation; they had access to great martial arts instructors. Each of them was more intelligent (in the conventional sense of intelligence) than he was. None of them even approached his level of martial arts, nor did any of them demonstrate a similarly quick learning curve in the martial arts. The kind of intelligence that determines booksmarts or even streetsmart cunning doesn't govern the ability to master the martial arts.

  4. #24
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    isn't there a age limit in this forum??
    No, there isn't...which is why those of us who are older need to behave ourselves. We don't want to get slapped for corrupting youth.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Tazzy1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tazzy Land
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Geez he/she is young enough to be my kid
    TaZzY InC

  6. #26
    Senior Member Yeung Gor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun
    Oh btw, I'm only 13 years and still able to give a good punch to older baddies with Curse Seal level 2. Someday I will be the next Hokage. The strongest. That's my way of ninja !

    When you are fully grown and have master the way of the ninja. I would like to test your Curse Seal with my Melancholic Palms.

  7. #27
    Senior Member yittz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,943

    Default

    I think there was a thread in the past regarding Naruto vs Jin Yong characters. General agreement is Naruto characters would own. Not sure how strong Curse Seal lvl2 is.

  8. #28
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    I think there was a thread in the past regarding Naruto vs Jin Yong characters. General agreement is Naruto characters would own. Not sure how strong Curse Seal lvl2 is.
    Wuxia characters typically still need to conform to some real-world physical limits; anime characters...well, there often is no limit except for the writer's imagination.

  9. #29
    Member Naruto-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hidden Leaf Village Kohona
    Posts
    90

    Default

    I thought the Naruto things already altered somewhere else ?
    Liberalism is not a philosophy. It's a mental disorder. -- Michael Savage.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    665

    Default

    To be honest if they fought for long time and YG use all 17 stances of Sad Palm YG would win IMHO..

  11. #31
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    To be honest if they fought for long time and YG use all 17 stances of Sad Palm YG would win IMHO..
    All other things being equal, a man in his prime (around 36) should win over a man in decline (Chow Bak Tung must have been at least 80 by the end of ROCH).

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    All other things being equal, a man in his prime (around 36) should win over a man in decline (Chow Bak Tung must have been at least 80 by the end of ROCH).
    It's might be true but I mean if only 4 stances out of 17 stances from Sad Palm could give ZBT such a "trouble" I wonder if YG use all of 17 stances with 💯/max power how ZBT "handle" that..

  13. #33
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    It's might be true but I mean if only 4 stances out of 17 stances from Sad Palm could give ZBT such a "trouble" I wonder if YG use all of 17 stances with 💯/max power how ZBT "handle" that..
    The 17 are each different and unique, but none is said to be superior to the others. It's just as possible that within those 17, there's nothing that would decisively defeat Chow Bak Tung.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The 17 are each different and unique, but none is said to be superior to the others. It's just as possible that within those 17, there's nothing that would decisively defeat Chow Bak Tung.
    Perhaps Yu right seems like the 4 stances which YG use against ZBT is "the best" stance among 17 stances of Sad Palm 😶😶😶😶 but yeah hard to believe any fighter during L/ROCH could "beat" ZBT in hand to hand combat (in terms of technical wise)..

  15. #35
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Perhaps Yu right seems like the 4 stances which YG use against ZBT is "the best" stance among 17 stances of Sad Palm 😶😶😶😶 but yeah hard to believe any fighter during L/ROCH could "beat" ZBT in hand to hand combat (in terms of technical wise)..
    That said, advantage Yeung Gor due to youth and consequent better stamina. The longer the fight drags on, the more the outcome will likely be in Yeung Gor's favor. Considering the caliber of both opponents, it would likely be a long struggle.

  16. #36
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Yeung Gor was wary of pushing it to that limit, though, because he recalled the final fate of North Beggar Hung 7 Gung and West Poison Au Yeung Fung at the summit of Mt. Hua years earlier.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Yeeeep seems almost impossible beat ZBT in terms of "technique"/hand to hand combat..

Similar Threads

  1. ZBT and QQR
    By Dennis Chen in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-08, 10:39 PM
  2. ZBT vs YG
    By hum.tum141 in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-18-07, 12:25 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-06-06, 04:27 AM
  4. cLoSeR
    By Lady Zhuge in forum Movies
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-22-05, 05:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •