Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xiao Longnu

44 93.62%
  • Chen Ying

3 6.38%

Thread: Xiao Longnu vs Chen Ying

Default Xiao Longnu vs Chen Ying

At the end of LOCH. XLN didn't improve in 16 years while Chen Ying did.

As far as I could remember, we used to discuss somewhere here that Cheng Ying did not really possess certain characteristics to be good martial artist. HYS just roamed around and did not really had much times to guide her. Even XLN did not improve during 16-year period, with her existing skills plus L/R technique, she could easily win.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I don't think Cheng Ying was any much stronger than 16 years before. Maybe she was a bit stronger but I doubt she is as strong as XLN.

I think Cheng Ying knew more of a theory. I recalled that, before YG left them after he had recovered from the poison, he left the Jade Maiden Manual for LWS to learn. He said that, in case of any doubts, LWS should consult Cheng Ying.

like WYY in DGSD theory of martial arts
    TaZzY InC

eh... XLN was one of the best female fighter ard with her L/R technique, Jade Maiden Swordplay and some 9 Yin/Yang, she was probably much more powrful than Huang Rong.
    Cheng Ying, on the other hand, was an OK fighter.

no contest... cheng ying would get her *beep* whooped in all directions

Apart from Martial arts and beauty, Cheng Yin is better than XLN in every other aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    Apart from Martial arts and beauty, Cheng Yin is better than XLN in every other aspects.
    Can you modify your thoughts a bit? What do yu mean by "other aspects"?

This is even a bigger blowout than the 3 Xiao Yao Elders vs 4 Ming Jiao Guardian Kings poll.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    This is even a bigger blowout than the 3 Xiao Yao Elders vs 4 Ming Jiao Guardian Kings poll.
    Another substantially landslide victory by poll, maybe surprisingly, was Jiumozhi vs Golden Wheel Monk. Almost every reader predicted that Jiumozhi would win.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I think XLN would still have a slight edge over CY even without using her L/R Jade Maiden Swordplay.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchoki
    eh... XLN was one of the best female fighter ard with her L/R technique, Jade Maiden Swordplay and some 9 Yin/Yang, she was probably much more powrful than Huang Rong.
    She and HR would be evenly matched but she wasn't MUCH more powerful than HR. And when did XLN know 9 Yang?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstar
    She and HR would be evenly matched but she wasn't MUCH more powerful than HR. And when did XLN know 9 Yang?

With her L/R Jade Maiden Swordplay XLN is definately MUCH better than HR.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstar
    Didn't WCY carved out the full 9 yin/yang manual on the walls of the secret place in the ancient tomb? XLN and YG learnt some skills from there...

WCY carved part of 9 Yin and he did not carve 9 Yang.

Yeah....XLN and YG never knew 9Yang, only 9Yin.

BTW, I always get confused with the Luk Wu Shuang and Cheng Ying story. Well their parents you know. I mean they're cousins but whose father was involved with Li Mo Chou? Luk Wu Shuang's uncle right? But in some adaptations, its her father. Cheng Ying's mother is Mister Luk's sister right? I mean LWS and CY are blood cousins right?

Man...I still don't understand why LWS and CY had to stay single all their lives, I mean even an annoying brat like Guo Fu got married, these two girls deserves to find someone too. Can't believe Jin Yong just made then pine after Yang Guo for the next 16 years and til the day they die. SO pointless...after their purpose of Li Mo Chou's substory, they dont serve much besides proving that YG loves only XLN, even if YG had the option of going for any girl, he chose XLN. Blah blah blah blah blah!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Yeah....XLN and YG never knew 9Yang, only 9Yin.

BTW, I always get confused with the Luk Wu Shuang and Cheng Ying story. Well their parents you know. I mean they're cousins but whose father was involved with Li Mo Chou? Luk Wu Shuang's uncle right? But in some adaptations, its her father. Cheng Ying's mother is Mister Luk's sister right? I mean LWS and CY are blood cousins right?

Man...I still don't understand why LWS and CY had to stay single all their lives, I mean even an annoying brat like Guo Fu got married, these two girls deserves to find someone too. Can't believe Jin Yong just made then pine after Yang Guo for the next 16 years and til the day they die. SO pointless...after their purpose of Li Mo Chou's substory, they dont serve much besides proving that YG loves only XLN, even if YG had the option of going for any girl, he chose XLN. Blah blah blah blah blah!
    like GX they love YG too much

Pre 16 years YLQ (which a bit better than Cheng Ying) even much weaker than YG (post Jinlun advise/pre HIS) then post 16 years YLQ only "tied" with Huodu so I think Cheng Ying at best could be around YLQ level post 16 years on par with Huodu/Daerba/Hao Datong..