View Poll Results: Which one is the best set?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • XF's XL28Z+Buddhist Shaolin internal (simple)

9 12.33%
  • GJ's 9 Yin modified XL18Z (with 9 Yin principles)

8 10.96%
  • YG's Melancholic Palm (has parts of all the arts he has previoulsy learned)

10 13.70%
  • ZWJ's combined set of 9 Yang, QKDLY, Tai Chi into one body

46 63.01%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ZWJ's true art: 9 Yang Internal+QKDLY+Tai Chi gong

Default ZWJ's true art: 9 Yang Internal+QKDLY+Tai Chi gong

9 Yang, QKDLY, Tai chi all combined into one is suppose to be ZWJ's ultimate art. According to 1st edition, 原来张无忌留居武当数月,一面替俞岱岩、殷利亨治伤,一面便向张三丰请教武学中精微深奥的难题。九阳神功、 乾坤大挪移、再加上武当绝学的太极拳剑,三者渐渐融成一体,几乎已到了武学中最高的境界。杨逍和韦一笑略一思索,即明其理,不禁赞叹张三丰学究天人,那才真的是称得上「深不可测」四 字。

挨了他好几个耳光。这时那拳诀在心中流动,当即明白了其中的道理。要知九阳神功中包含了天下所有的内功,而 乾坤大挪坤运劲使力的法门,又是集任何武功的大成,一法通,万法通,任何武功在他面前都已无秘 奥之可言。

With these quotes, what do you think ZWJ's "combined art" compares to GJ, YG, XF's best set?
    Last edited by Whsie; 05-11-06 at 01:28 AM.

eh... could someone translate this.

So ZWJ stayed at Wudang several months healing the Wudang hero's injuries. At the same time, he also asked martial arts deep profound and hard to understand meanings. 9 Yang, QKDLY, Wudang' best-Taichi , slowly became one body, practically reaching the highest level of martial arts. Yang Xiao and Bat Lord thought about it and understood the reason, constantly praising Z3F's knowledge, that is what you can call [deep to an unbelieveable level].

It is needed to know that 9 Yang includes the every internal in the world. Ah..., I don't want to translate this second part, it's too hard to translate in english.

can you guys they me why you are voting for what you are voting for? Like what reasons do you have that make the set you choose stronger than the others.

一法通,万法通,任何武功在他面前都已无秘 奥之可言。

Now I'm puzzled would ZWJ be able to understand the martial arts of Ode to Gallantry if he were to view it personally?
    ..ext88

This is an interesting vote.

Out of the four, 9Yang and QKDLY is the best backend kungfu. With this ZWJ had the strongest internal power and could learn kungfu rapidly. He could also see faults in the opponents kungfu. IMO GJ had the best attacking kungfu set. But ZWJ could use Taichi and QKDLY to redirect attacks.

1. ZWJ's combined set of 9 Yang, QKDLY, Tai Chi into one body (Best internal and most versatile)
    2. GJ's 9 Yin modified XL18Z (with 9 Yin principles) (strongest attack)
    3. XF's XL28Z+Buddhist Shaolin internal (simple) (strong, but wouldnt last as long as GJ)
    4. YG's Melancholic Palm (has parts of all the arts he has previoulsy learned) (just weird)

While I was trying to make DotA character out of ZWJ - I realised he is ultra-defensive (not many people would play such a character). His QKDNY redirects force away from himself, taichi diffuses enemy's attacks, 9 Yang has auto-protect and is like a forcefield, and ZWJ is a healer. Only his Persian arts is relatively offensive.

I voted for ZWJ because his skills seem to be so synergistic, all contribute to provide ZWJ the ultimate defence (gees sound like I am talking about Naruto).

btw XF has now one of the supreme 72 arts as back up.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    ??? which one

If XF has one of the supreme 72 arts, then shouldnt ZWJ have Dragon claws

ZWj learnt the technique (just like JMZ learned all the supreme arts). XF learnt it proper, from internal energy to technique.

ZWj learnt the technique (just like JMZ learned all the supreme arts). XF learnt it proper, from internal energy to technique.
    Althoug ZWJ didnt learn it properly, but the power of his Dragon claw was not inferior to Shaolin Dragon claw. Perhaps that he cannot claim he knows SHAOLIN dragon claw.

This is somewhat off topic though...

I think QKDLY only gives the user the ability to learn external techniques and probably how power is applied with each technique; it couldn't possibly give him insight into how the internal power is cultivated in conjunction with the external technique.

Although ZWJs version of the dragon claws is not inferior to Shaolin, he doesn't necessarily know the combat strategies of the dragon claws. E.g. there was one stance which seems soft and draws the opponent in, but it is really a trap.

While I was trying to make DotA character out of ZWJ - I realised he is ultra-defensive (not many people would play such a character). His QKDNY redirects force away from himself, taichi diffuses enemy's attacks, 9 Yang has auto-protect and is like a forcefield, and ZWJ is a healer. Only his Persian arts is relatively offensive.

I voted for ZWJ because his skills seem to be so synergistic, all contribute to provide ZWJ the ultimate defence (gees sound like I am talking about Naruto).

ZWJ is omniknight.

ZWJ's set of martial arts is amazing. QKDNY extends to internal as well; with it I believe you can actually see how the internal energy is generated. It involves doing all sorts of things with the inner power within yourself, so then you'll be able to mess with the energy of others as if it was a tangible object. You might not be able to come up with the neigong of your opponent, but ZWJ has 9 Yang and should be able to apply it for most external techniques.

Dragon Claws is not one of the 72 Arts; it should be just external. On the other hand XF's Demon Subduing Palm is one of the 72 Arts and has both an external and internal aspect. These are two different skills.

IMHO, XF has better offense for various reasons, such as the fact that Jin Yong specifically said he had the best Xianglong Zhang (better than GJ and H7G). GJ's application of 9 Yin doesn't let him pound his opponent while using up no energy, it just automatically scales his palms according to the situation. When he used a palm on OYF at the beginning of ROCH, sure the palm started off weak, but when he was actually matching palms with OYF's Hamo Gong I'm sure he was using up internal power.

XF, on the other hand, has no auto-scaler, but I think we can give him the benefit of the doubt in being smart enough to manually scale the power of his palms in most situations (Ah Zhu notwithstanding). And while he may use up inner power at a good rate when really tossing out XL28Z's, you should look at the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    ZWJ's set of martial arts is amazing. QKDNY extends to internal as well; with it I believe you can actually see how the internal energy is generated. It involves doing all sorts of things with the inner power within yourself, so then you'll be able to mess with the energy of others as if it was a tangible object. You might not be able to come up with the neigong of your opponent, but ZWJ has 9 Yang and should be able to apply it for most external techniques.

Dragon Claws is not one of the 72 Arts; it should be just external. On the other hand XF's Demon Subduing Palm is one of the 72 Arts and has both an external and internal aspect. These are two different skills.

IMHO, XF has better offense for various reasons, such as the fact that Jin Yong specifically said he had the best Xianglong Zhang (better than GJ and H7G). GJ's application of 9 Yin doesn't let him pound his opponent while using up no energy, it just automatically scales his palms according to the situation. When he used a palm on OYF at the beginning of ROCH, sure the palm started off weak, but when he was actually matching palms with OYF's Hamo Gong I'm sure he was using up internal power.

XF, on the other hand, has no auto-scaler, but I think we can give him the benefit of the doubt in being smart enough to manually scale the power of his palms in most situations (Ah Zhu notwithstanding). And while he may use up inner power at a good rate when really tossing out XL28Z's, you should look at the other guy.
    I seriously don't see why XF's is more brute forced. JY gave equal praise to both GJ and XF's XL18Z in ROCH and DSGS. JY in both say that the power is incredibly powerful. JY also says both are #1 in the world in terms of Gang meng. JY said that XF has the better one. Could it be that JY meant that because XF is a better fighter, he can execute the XL28Z better?

JY's on GJ: 若是与郭靖天下阳刚之至的“降龙十八掌”正面相撞,哪里还有生路?

岂知郭靖近二十年来勤练“九阴真经”,初时真力还不显露,数十招后,降龙十八掌的劲力忽强忽弱,忽吞忽吐, 从至刚之中竟生出至柔的妙用,那已是洪七公当年所领悟不到的神功

二人若是单打独斗,非到千招之外,难分胜败,再加上潇湘子和尼摩星两个一流好手相助,法王本来不难取胜,只 是郭靖的降龙十八掌实在威力太强,

郭靖掌力急加,一道又是一道,如波涛汹涌般的向前猛扑。

实已到炉火纯爵之境,初推出去时看似轻描淡写,但一遇阻力,能在刹时之间连加一十三道后劲,一道强似一道, 重重叠叠,直是无坚不摧、无强不破。这是他从九阴真经中悟出来的妙境。纵是洪七公当年,单以这一招而论,也 无如此精奥的造诣。

JY on XF: 又是一招“亢龙有悔”,后掌推前掌,双掌力道并在一起,排山倒海的压将过来。
    This was a 1.5 palm because XF combined 2 palms in this one.

但他天生神武,处境越不利,体内潜在勇力越是发皇奋扬,将天下阳刚第一的“降龙十八掌”一掌掌发出,竟使慕 容复和游坦之无法近身,而游坦之的冰蚕寒毒便也不致侵袭到他身上。但萧峰如此发掌,内力消耗着实不小,到后 来掌力势非减弱不可。

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    一法通,万法通,任何武功在他面前都已无秘 奥之可言。

Now I'm puzzled would ZWJ be able to understand the martial arts of Ode to Gallantry if he were to view it personally?
    If you mean that, can Zhang Wuji learn the Ode to Gallantry art based on the pen strokes on the wall, then I don't think so.

If you mean that, can Wuji understand the movement of an opponent who uses Ode to Gallantry, then I would think so.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    I seriously don't see why XF's is more brute forced.
    Xiao Feng is more aggressive/impulsive by nature, while Guo Jing seems to be of more reserved and conservative personality. Would the child Guo Jing murder a doctor in cold blood due to a trivial sense of injustice? Can we possibly imagine Guo Jing arriving at a new location, without knowing anything about the situation, throwing long distance attacks one after another at an opponent who is holding his relative, starting from 130+ feet away, based just on his first glance? I cannot. That is just not Guo Jing's style, but that is something Xiao Feng would do without blinking.

Although the circumstances were different, the actions taken by Guo Jing and Xiao Feng at their respective heroes' gatherings offer some comparisons of their personalities.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Xiao Feng is more aggressive/impulsive by nature, while Guo Jing seems to be of more reserved and conservative personality. Would the child Guo Jing murder a doctor in cold blood due to a trivial sense of injustice?
    The six year old Gwok Jing did kill Chan Yeun Fung, but that was an act of self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Xiao Feng is more aggressive/impulsive by nature, while Guo Jing seems to be of more reserved and conservative personality. Would the child Guo Jing murder a doctor in cold blood due to a trivial sense of injustice? Can we possibly imagine Guo Jing arriving at a new location, without knowing anything about the situation, throwing long distance attacks one after another at an opponent who is holding his relative, starting from 130+ feet away, based just on his first glance? I cannot. That is just not Guo Jing's style, but that is something Xiao Feng would do without blinking.

Although the circumstances were different, the actions taken by Guo Jing and Xiao Feng at their respective heroes' gatherings offer some comparisons of their personalities.
    Well..., I know XF's personality is more brute forced, but I'm talking about the XL28Z. People say XF's is more forceful. I have a really hard time being convinced that XL28Z is stronger in terms of power with what JY said about the 2(I already posted that earlier).

Xiao Feng is the better warrior.

Guo Jing is the better athlete.

ZWJ just needed a powerful attacking technique, say a palm-based one like XL18Z. Since he had the manual, I guess he'd eventually learn it. Throughout HSDS, the one thing he lacked was an external technique powerful enough to end the fight quickly. Most of what he knew were internal arts and defensive techniques. He did know 7 Harms Fists and Dragon Claws but somehow he never used them again after that Brightness Peak battle.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."