Thread: The ability to hypnotize?

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default The ability to hypnotize?

I watched a part of LOCH94 yesterday and it showed a General of the Beggars Clan hypnotizing Kwok Jing and Wong Yung. And since a lot of people told me that the 94 version is highly loyal to the book so I'm just curious if this part of the series was accurate to the novel. So was there actually this person with the ability to hypnotize? Was there any other cases of hypnotization in JY Wuxia?

Edit: The dude just hypnotized GJ and HR with his eyes.
    Last edited by TommyH; 05-12-06 at 04:36 PM.

Hmm...I don't remember that part. But theres a part in 9Yin Manual that teaches you how to hypnotize the person with just staring in that person's eyes, Yang Guo's done it before while fighting with one of Golden Wheel Monk's students.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Hmm...I don't remember that part. But theres a part in 9Yin Manual that teaches you how to hypnotize the person with just staring in that person's eyes, Yang Guo's done it before while fighting with one of Golden Wheel Monk's students.
    Oh wait. I forgot to say that that dude from the Beggars Clan didn't use anything. GJ and HR just looked into his eyes and they got hypnotized. So it's quite similar to the case you were talking about.

There is hypnotisation in the real world as well. It's used to treat cancer pain and things. So I don't find it that strange now (in the past I thought it was the most bs kungfu).

The thing is, you can't hypnotize someone against their will, and you may not be able to hypnotize a willing person either.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I watched a part of LOCH94 yesterday and it showed a General of the Beggars Clan hypnotizing Kwok Jing and Wong Yung. And since a lot of people told me that the 94 version is highly loyal to the book so I'm just curious if this part of the series was accurate to the novel. So was there actually this person with the ability to hypnotize? Was there any other cases of hypnotization in JY Wuxia?

Edit: The dude just hypnotized GJ and HR with his eyes.
    Yes, Elder Pang is one of those who are able to hypnotize other ppl. The limitations with these skills was that if the person that was doing the hypnotizing has inferior internal energy, would then be hypnotized by themselves.

Han Solo

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Yes, Elder Pang is one of those who are able to hypnotize other ppl. The limitations with these skills was that if the person that was doing the hypnotizing has inferior internal energy, would then be hypnotized by themselves.

Han Solo
    Wait I have a question. Elder Pang only looked at GJ and HR in the eye right? Is this considered a type of kung fu or just a special skill?

Either or both. Does it matter?

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Either or both. Does it matter?
    well i just wanted to know. my guess is that it is just a skill of some sort.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

it's an art but not martial arts specifically. some element of inner power comes into play and inner power can gaurd you against it, but the determinating factor is will power.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    it's an art but not martial arts specifically. some element of inner power comes into play and inner power can gaurd you against it, but the determinating factor is will power.
    That sounds cool, Kyss. "The determining factor is willpower".

TommyH, gotta hand it to you, you do ask some interesting questions. Some questions I'd ask myself too, if I had time. Still busy.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-15-06 at 01:45 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    That sounds cool, Kyss. "The determining factor is willpower".

TommyH, gotta hand it to you, you do ask some interesting questions. Some questions I'd ask myself too, if I had time. Still busy.
    Haha! I just got curious about many things in wuxia. I always had a lot of questions at school too.