Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Transformer the movie 2007

I thought the 1986 Transformers movie was classic. It was exciting, the animation was ahead of its time, it deals with issues that children wouldn't want to fathom(heroes dying, war, destruction). It was a bleak mature movie. And frankly I'm a fan of Hot Rod.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

Any one seen Beast War 2 the cartoon animated series???
    PLA

Some new pictures of transformers from the movie.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.tinypic.com/3005zwk.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.tinypic.com/2q8oj2u.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.tinypic.com/435gy2p.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i9.tinypic.com/4gre45s.jpg')
    Last edited by Wild-Fire; 03-28-07 at 01:44 AM.
    PLA

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

I just saw the trailer while watching Bridge to Terabithia (trailer hasnt been released to TV yet), and i must say it gave a great impression on me. The CG work is pretty impressive and the featured battles are awesome. Never been much of a fan of Transformers, but the trailer made me put Transformer at the top of my 'To Watch' list....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-28-07 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    I just saw the trailer while watching Bridge to Terabithia (trailer hasnt been released to TV yet), and i must say it gave a great impression on me. The CG work is pretty impressive and the featured battles are awesome. Never been much of a fan of Transformers, but the trailer made me put Transformer at the top of my 'To Watch' list....
    That is if you like Michael Bay's film, I got to say he do make some cool movies. Love he's last movie "the Island", got tons of actions. And he always us that freeway scene, which is also in this movie.
    PLA

Ive never paid much attention to Micheal Bay, but now that you mentioned it, Wild-fire, i might watch his previous works...saw the Island, quite good too....

It's rather hilarious that my lecturer would also promote this Transformer thingy. He put Transformer as his desktop wallpaper, and keep telling us updates of the upcoming film before starting the class....LOL, wonder if he will take his wife to see Transformer when it finally comes out

Ive never paid much attention to Micheal Bay, but now that you mentioned it, Wild-fire, i might watch his previous works...saw the Island, quite good too....

It's rather hilarious that my lecturer would also promote this Transformer thingy. He put Transformer as his desktop wallpaper, and keep telling us updates of the upcoming film before starting the class....LOL, wonder if he will take his wife to see Transformer when it finally comes out
    LOL, you got a funny teacher. You never watched Armageddon?? (its Bay's film too, for some reason lots of people hate him, don't know why..."sign"..
    PLA

Armageddon is his??!! i love that movie!!

the truth is, i watch lots of action movies, but ill be damned if i pay attention to the producers/directors. i know Wachowski bro, steven speillberg, and that guy who directs Hero and Curse of Golden Flower (if im not mistaken its Zhang YiMou, right?)....the rest of them i just dont know much...

Armageddon is his??!! i love that movie!!

the truth is, i watch lots of action movies, but ill be damned if i pay attention to the producers/directors. i know Wachowski bro, steven speillberg, and that guy who directs Hero and Curse of Golden Flower (if im not mistaken its Zhang YiMou, right?)....the rest of them i just dont know much...
    Lol...Ghost, then chance are you have seem most of his movies. All he make is action movies like Bad Boys 1&2. Here is the link, check it out the movies that he had produce.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000881/

Oooo I also watched the Curse of Golden Flower that you like, it was very gold colorful movie, I love the actions....lol, I think all his movie has 1 main color to it, like the House of Flying Dagger which was Green.
    PLA

thank you, i'll check that out later. right now its raining and my wireless network seems to be irritatingly going on and off as it pleases

Quote Originally Posted by Wild-Fire
    I also watched the Curse of Golden Flower that you like, it was very gold colorful movie, I love the actions....lol, I think all his movie has 1 main color to it, like the House of Flying Dagger which was Green.
    i didnt see House of Flying Dagger but Hero was colourful too. Zhang YiMou has this tendency of incorporating particular colours into his movies, which made it rather unique indeed. I love his works!

anyway back on topic, do you know who are the human stars of this movie? from the trailer, i saw this man and woman looking out at the towering robots, but i dont recognize them.

My fav scene from the trailer has got to be the scene when one robot is coming out from inside a swimming pool, stepping slightly over a small kid who is playing right by the edge. That is soooooo cool!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-28-07 at 04:12 PM.

anyway back on topic, do you know who are the human stars of this movie? from the trailer, i saw this man and woman looking out at the towering robots, but i dont recognize them.

My fav scene from the trailer has got to be the scene when one robot is coming out from inside a swimming pool, stepping slightly over a small kid who is playing right by the edge. That is soooooo cool!
    There are lots of stars in transformers, but not as larger as those super star. Here is the link to all the names and pictures of the humans. Some i have not seem before.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418279/
    PLA

Quote Originally Posted by Wild-Fire
    Ok, i might have got my information wrong, mainly because I gather these information time to time from other people. After doing some researches myself, it seems that your information is false as well.

"who says a Transformers fan has to like the 1986 movie"?- well, then can you defined the word "fan"?? What is the point of being a fan when you do not like the subject and the plot?? The whole point of being a fan is because you are into it and will support it. Even though the movie was a flop, fans will still love the movie because of the new characters and events that is adding to the history of transformers, no matter if the story is bad or good. Of course you would not know that base on the way you critic this movie.

"Japan has the rights to TF all along because TF are a collaboration between Hasbro and Takara."--ha WRONG!!!!!!

Diaclone and MicroChange toys was the very first transforming toys that was discovered in 1983 Tokyo Toy Fair by Hasbro toy company product developer Henry Orenstein, who presented the concept to Hasbro's head of R&D, George Dunsay. Even though Takare produced Diaclone and MicroChange, the production of the series never took off. It was not until 1984 when Hasbro vice president Bob Prupis approached Marvel to develop their new robot series called "Transformers." Of course Hasbro then gather famous Japanese designer such as Syouhei Kohara to design characters for the early transformers.

The first 3 part series animated by Japan's Toei Animation studio.In the 1985, Hasbro decided to expand their title and joint ToyCo , ToyBox. Takatoku and Takare Toys for their toy design and productions.

Finally, in 1987 Hasbro lost the funds that would allow it to continue of the series. The series was brought to a close in November of 1987 with the airing of the fourth season, which consisted solely of a three-part story entitled "The Rebirth." Penned by regular series writer Dave Wise, introduced the Headmasters and Targetmasters. Even though Hasbro no longer produce Transformers, Takara, one of the joint toy company of the Transformers toyline "brought the full rights" from Hasbro to continue on the Transformers universe in Aug of 1988. And after the end of HeadMaster Takara stated their own Transformers story line Masterforce and Transformers Victory...ect.
    So do you feel that a "fan" has to like everything about whatever he's a fan of?

I happen to love Beast Wars and I loved G1 Transformers as a kid. (I even bought BW merchandise as a 20 year old back around the turn of the century) If I had first seen the 86 movie as a child, I probably would have loved it, but the fact is, watching it as an adult, I was very disappointed in the crappy plot and sloppy animation. Just googled for goofs from that movie and you'll find plenty.
    The whole point of that movie was to kill off nearly all old characters so they can introduce new ones to sell new toys.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002
    So do you feel that a "fan" has to like everything about whatever he's a fan of?

I happen to love Beast Wars and I loved G1 Transformers as a kid. (I even bought BW merchandise as a 20 year old back around the turn of the century) If I had first seen the 86 movie as a child, I probably would have loved it, but the fact is, watching it as an adult, I was very disappointed in the crappy plot and sloppy animation. Just googled for goofs from that movie and you'll find plenty.
    The whole point of that movie was to kill off nearly all old characters so they can introduce new ones to sell new toys.
    Well, I guess that will depend on each person and how that person think about the subject and since we are all different I guess you can do what ever you want. I personally loved the movie because new transformers are being introduce and these old transformers are justing kinda getting boring. And plus the quality of the movie is way better then the series.
    PLA

new tv trailer, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw_21PoYacg

and this is the 2nd new tv trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poFN2Yn0Bj0
    Last edited by Wild-Fire; 03-31-07 at 04:16 PM.
    PLA

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i9.tinypic.com/2na4nrq.jpg')
    PLA

some movie posters of Transformers
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.tinypic.com/3ypygdu.jpg')
    PLA

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i11.tinypic.com/2ynf40w.jpg')
    PLA

why was the topic starter banned?

anyways this movie looks great, it'll be on my to watch list. i prefer beast wars more tho
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR

anyways this movie looks great, it'll be on my to watch list. i prefer beast wars more tho
    Do you like Beast Machine?? It's the continue for beast war.
    PLA

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i17.tinypic.com/33ykr6b.jpg')
    PLA