Thread: The Ice Bed from ROCH

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default The Ice Bed from ROCH

I remember that in the 06 version of ROCH XLN had an magical Ice Bed. She said it could make 1 day of martial training as if it was 10 days. Was there such a bed?

In the novel, the Ice Bed exists. It was said to be able to increase your internal energy cultivation.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I remember that in the 06 version of ROCH XLN had an magical Ice Bed. She said it could make 1 day of martial training as if it was 10 days. Was there such a bed?
    I assume you never read the novel?
    The Ice Bed did exist in the novel. Though it says 1 year=10 years, I highly doubt it's correct, an exaggeration.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    I assume you never read the novel?
    The Ice Bed did exist in the novel. Though it says 1 year=10 years, I highly doubt it's correct, an exaggeration.
    I read the first 4 chapters of ROCH and the last chapter. If it really is 1 year=10 year then I could imagine everyone fighting for it. But no one did so I guess it was just a "big" lie.

Plus...XLN, let's say started learning Martial Arts since 5, should have decades of internal power if it was true.

Everyone should fight for it if they have never "known" of it existence. Those in Ancient Tomb somehow lives in a hermit. Not so many people know of its existence, perhaps apart from those QJ. Even those Taoists, they cannot go inside the tomb so they do not know about the bed.

In a sense, the Ice Bed can help boosting the internal energy cultivation but, of course, it might not help as much as XLN described it to YG. But, XLN gave YG more chance to sleep on the bed while she preferred sleeping on the rope. Plus, her internal energy greatly reduced after she became in love with YG as the feeling of love was clearly against her sect's way of practice. Nevertheless, when YG passed on his internal energy to HR, the latter already suspected how YG possessed such a profound internal energy. In this sense, of course, the Ice Bed contributed greatly.

I feel that the claim the ice bed improves your inner power generation rate 10x makes about as much sense as Elephant and Dragon Sutra practitioners actually getting 2x more powerful each time or everyone just happening to hit for exactly 1000 jin.

Of course, from my previous post, I said it was overhyped, and I think that is true. However, I have no doubt that it still contributes greatly to one's internal and external. Internally, I think it speeds up, but not to the point of 1 year=10year. Externally, I think it would let you finish learning in 2X the speed because you also practice in your sleep.

If Ice Bed has certain benefits upon one's internal energy, then, XLN's internal energy should be increased a lot over her 16 years down the cliff. She told YG afterwards that, she jumped down to the water and the tide braught her to the ice cave which is similar to the Ice Bed in the ancient tomb. Later on, he had a chance to drink honeys from Jade Bee. Both of these contributed to her recovery.