• Xuzhu wins

18 35.29%
  • Duan Yu wins

8 15.69%
  • Surprisingly draw...

9 17.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Triple-Threat Match - Xiao Feng v Xuzhu v Duan Yu

Yes... Xiao Feng is certainly a better fighter than Zhang Wuji, yet Xu Zhu is just ridiculous. Not only does he have enough inner power to glow in the dark, he also has all manner of mysterious Xiao Yao Sect arts which even Murong Fu can't learn and which are definitely not inferior to any skills that Xiao Feng has. Sure, XF may be more skillful in general fighting ability, but that doesn't compensate for a 300% difference in inner power?!

JMZ was aware of how much inner power Xu Zhu had after he used Xiao WuXiang Gong to hit that bell, he had no confidence of being able to defeat him, yet when he punched Xu Zhu on the shoulder with Da Jing Gang Fist, he still expected Xu Zhu's shoulder to be crushed to powder, in fact Xu Zhu feels some pain but is undamaged. Then he kicked Xu Zhu 5+ times on the heart, the book doesn't even mention Xu Zhu feeling it. Then he hits Xu Zhu's arm with 2 chops which are enough to cut off someone's limbs, again the book only mentions JMZ's palms aching with deep pain and nothing about XZ feeling anything. And XZ, from a relative point, totally sucked at this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Actually, get it. Despite the radical rewrite of the final 1/3 of the story, it's hard to top DGSD '81 for casting, acting, action, music, etc. It's not accurate in the final part of the story, but it's entertaining and well-crafted.
    DGSD'96 by TVB or the DGSD'02 by Mainland production are superior.

'96 for a better cast and acting
    '02 for better CGI and better scenery, although QF is depicted as a more battle-hungry than he actually is.

The '81 is alright but getting the plot re-written is like destroying the soul of any story.

Han Solo

If you say the peak of their martial art in the novel, I say XZ win. But, if it is the peak of their martial art until they pass away (i.e., after the novel), I say DY win.

Note that, from the 3rd edition thread, Athena wrote the following,

4. [Xixing Dafa] was derived from the Xiaoyao School's [Beiming Shengong]. Ren Woxing told Linghu Chong that the practitioner of Beiming was a member of the Duan family during the Northern Song dynasty. This emperor Duan originally did not like the idea of stealing other people's internal strength. But after reading the will of that Xiaoyao elder, emperor Duan understood that there are no really evil martial arts. A good person using Beiming to kill evil men is doing good.
    This means, in later year, DY may not against the idea of using martial art anymore and he probably spend his time practice and understand all martial arts he learn/know. With his talent plus experience (in and after the novel), he should reach the high level of 6MSJ (probably with Yi Yang finger), LBWB and BMSG.

i have to 2001 china series with Jimmy Lin as DY... actually the scenery was indeed breathtaking but i think too much CGI effects spoiled it for me
    TaZzY InC

Yeah and what the hell was the skateboard thing when he XF used the shield... that made laugh ... I believe the 96 DY was far better than the 2003 DY

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt
    It's amazing how many people think Zhang Wuji would get owned easily by Xu Zhu based upon internal power alone and yet think Xiao Feng would still win over Xu Zhu. Hero worship.
    Thats because we think XF would own ZWJ too!

ROFLMAO!

So, so true.

Wait would'nt DY be Victorious here, i thought he had Bei ming Zen Chi aswell, if u got Bei Ming Shen Gong would'nt u have Bei Ming Zen Chi aswell? so he pretty much has auto protect aswell, maybe not as strong as Xu Zhu's but don't forget he can just suck them dry, i don't think XF and XZ knows DY has Bei Ming SHen Gong, did he even tell them?

Banned

Default Xu Zhu

Xu Zhu. He's just absurd. Anyone who thinks Xiao Feng even has a chance here is just a fanboy.