Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ming Dao (明道)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I guess I understand when fans just go for looks since of course we don't know much about him. However, I think it is better to go for talent in my opinion because if they look good but had no talent, I don't think I would like them either. I am reading one of the books that he wrote and am starting to know a lot more about him... I feel really sad for him since he went through a lot to get to where he is today. Even the manager of his company complimented him and said he is a really rare son to have since he is so filial to his parents.

To chelsea_fan, I read that his parents sold vegetables, so I don't know about fish. Also, I heard the disease he used to have was polio. That is part of the reason why a number of people complain that he is too touchy. When he was younger, since he had polio he had to depend on others to get around. He depended on his older brother a lot, so he developed the habit of holding onto and touching others. Jacky and others told him that they didn't want to people to think they are gay or something, but Ming Dao doesn't care... He says that he is just showing his affection for people that's all...
    I thought it was amazing how Ming Dao grew to be so tall despite the fact that he had polio when he was little. It was even more amazing that he overcome his illness and became what a great success he is today.

Yeah I agree, his character(s) in Prince Turn Frog completely makes you like him and he's got some good screen charisma. However, I wouldnt' say he's really "good-looking"---still a bit chubby (especially those cheeks haha) and there's something awkward about his smile. I think he looks the best when he's trying to act cocky.

So what's the deal w/ him and Chen Qiao En? I was googling stuff about them and read there were tons of rumros? Hmm....

Hi shirineko! Nice to see you here too. Do you like Ming Dao too? He is one of my favorites. You are welcome and I am glad to be able to share what I know about him. Glad to know that he is popular in the Phillipines as well.

Hey Nefertari! Yea, I agree with you! I am glad that Ming Dao overcame everything to become who he is today. His illness caused him to be bullied a lot as a child. I heard that his older brother helped him get around and guided him a lot as he grew up, so he loves his older brother a lot. He even broke down in tears when he talks about it. I heard that the other 183 Club members always look out for him since they are afraid that he would get bullied. That is really sweet of them and shows how close the 183 club members are with each other. He even has a pix of them all together on his desk, which shows that he considers them like his family.

To yearning,
    Well, like I said.. it is more than looks anyway.... Oh yea, about him and Qiao En. Since they had so much on screen chemistry, a lot people rumour about them being together. Also, I heard that once on a show, Qiao En said that Ming Dao is the type that she likes and he even blushed. Therefore, people are thinking that they have feelings for each other. They also seem to kiss a lot more than any other female co star that they have ever acted with. However, they both work in the same company so are not allowed to develop relationships. But I heard that Qiao En is actually closer friends with Sam Wang than with Ming Dao.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I just started watching the Prince who turns into a frog and I totally love it!! I love Ming Dao in here! I'm on chapter 13 right and I like him so much more when he lost his memory. He was so much more lovable and cute when he was so carefree. This is my first Taiwan drama and it's definitely a good stepping stone.

Red face MING DAO

HES ISH REALLY HOT..
    I LOVE HEM.. SOME MUCH.....
    LOVED HIS MOVIE THE PRINCE WHO TURNS INTO A FROG>>
    ^_*....nHiA yAnG....^_^

I guess I understand when fans just go for looks since of course we don't know much about him. However, I think it is better to go for talent in my opinion because if they look good but had no talent, I don't think I would like them either. I am reading one of the books that he wrote and am starting to know a lot more about him... I feel really sad for him since he went through a lot to get to where he is today. Even the manager of his company complimented him and said he is a really rare son to have since he is so filial to his parents.

To chelsea_fan, I read that his parents sold vegetables, so I don't know about fish. Also, I heard the disease he used to have was polio. That is part of the reason why a number of people complain that he is too touchy. When he was younger, since he had polio he had to depend on others to get around. He depended on his older brother a lot, so he developed the habit of holding onto and touching others. Jacky and others told him that they didn't want to people to think they are gay or something, but Ming Dao doesn't care... He says that he is just showing his affection for people that's all...
    Trinie this is so sad! MD had polio before? What book have you read? Care to share the title? I'd like to look for it and read it as well. Thanks!

[QUOTE=Trinie]Hi shirineko! Nice to see you here too. Do you like Ming Dao too? He is one of my favorites. You are welcome and I am glad to be able to share what I know about him. Glad to know that he is popular in the Phillipines as well.

Hi again Trinie! Ya, I'm a fan of Ming Dao. I think he is a great actor being able to put characters to life. The roles that he has played are ordinary but he manages to put charm and make people like the roles. Like most fans, I got captivated by his looks at first but then it took me awhile to really say that I like him as an actor. After the four series that he starred in, I am most definitely sure that I am a fan.

So not many of us seem to know this fellow that well, like his family, education, likes, etc. Would be interesting to find out.

Oh, and if he started from humble beginnings, I sure hope he keeps his feet on the ground. I remember reading somewhere that he flared up at fans who wanted a photo opt with him.

Default Favorite actor..I'll say..Ming Dao!

What you think of him?

Maybe you didn't mean to start a new thread on him, but here's his existing one: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15815
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

i love the character he played in wang zi bian qing wa... i love that drama
    oOoOObubblesOOoOo

Lots of Information, Pics, Clips, Lyrics etc etc of Ming Dao and 183 Club

Visit Mingdow's World@183club Dreamland Forum
    http://mingdowsworld183clubdreamland.activeboard.com

and also Ming Dao's First English Website!!!
    http://www.linmingdao.net/

Thanks =)
    Always support Huang Yu Rong!
    永遠支持黃玉榮 .^_^.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Currently watching: FYDXX, great drama so far and Jimmy is cool^^

Hi shirineko!
    Nice to see you here.. I haven't been on for days since I have been stressed. Let me answer your questions... Yea, he used to have polio. I am glad that he overcame that. The book that I am reading is his Mao Xian Wang(King of adventures) which is a book that he wrote himself. I was translating it but had to stop since I had to do a paper for my sister in law. I also have a whole bunch of articles to translate but haven't been able to do it yet due to that stupid paper.
    Yea, he did come from humble beginnings and had to work really hard as a child. I really admire him for that since he has been through a lot. I have been reading a lot of about him and will hopefully be translating them all soon. I then will get back to his book before I start school. I have translated the first chapter and intro in his book already though. I don't post any of my translations here since not a lot of fans come here. By the way, his book is all in Chinese so you have to read Chinese well if you want to read it. OR you can wait for my translations...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Hi shirineko!
    Nice to see you here.. I haven't been on for days since I have been stressed. Let me answer your questions... Yea, he used to have polio. I am glad that he overcame that. The book that I am reading is his Mao Xian Wang(King of adventures) which is a book that he wrote himself. I was translating it but had to stop since I had to do a paper for my sister in law. I also have a whole bunch of articles to translate but haven't been able to do it yet due to that stupid paper.
    Yea, he did come from humble beginnings and had to work really hard as a child. I really admire him for that since he has been through a lot. I have been reading a lot of about him and will hopefully be translating them all soon. I then will get back to his book before I start school. I have translated the first chapter and intro in his book already though. I don't post any of my translations here since not a lot of fans come here. By the way, his book is all in Chinese so you have to read Chinese well if you want to read it. OR you can wait for my translations...
    Trinie hi! I finally got the book and yes, it's all in Chinese! It will take me years to finish the book. I will be needing your translations to confirm if my understanding of what I read is correct. I read really slow. Anyway, no hurry in the translations though... Thanks!!

HAPPY 27th BIRTHDAY MING DAO...Wish you all the best in future and good luck in everything you do!!! Stay happy and healthy =)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r18/alice183/creativ/mdbdays.jpg')

*by alice183 @ http://mingdowsworld183clubdreamland.activeboard.com *
    *PLEASE DONT USE MY WORKS WITHOUT PERMISSION; THANKS*
    Always support Huang Yu Rong!
    永遠支持黃玉榮 .^_^.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Currently watching: FYDXX, great drama so far and Jimmy is cool^^

Hi shirineko!
    So you finally got the book? I haven't been translating it lately since I was stuck doing other stuff and article translations. I have been kind of lazy too... It will take me a long time to translate all of the book too. I have only done chapter one and some of the intro.... I wasn't going to post it here since no one comes here. But if you want me to, then I will....

To Alice mei mei,
    Thanks for the lovely pix of Ming Dao. I hope he had a great birthday... Too bad I couldn't go on that day... I was thinking of him and all of you though....

Quote Originally Posted by kikiy916
    HES ISH REALLY HOT..
    I LOVE HEM.. SOME MUCH.....
    LOVED HIS MOVIE THE PRINCE WHO TURNS INTO A FROG>>
    yeah I agreed w/ u there

Only got three words for him! I love You!

cheeiky
    Unregistered

Hi, what happen to Ming Dao's fans here? How come there's hardly any news here? Currently, Ming Dao's just finished filming Ying Ye 3+1 and now very busy in China doing a number of things like hosting, filming advertisements, etc. LuvJoJo, maybe you could fill us in?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3769/al3ng3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8063/almdje5.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4751/yypromooz3.jpg')

Credits to uploader of the above pictures
    Last edited by cheeiky; 11-07-07 at 03:57 AM.

I can not say enough about MingDao not only is he incrediably good looking, his acting is top notch. He puts American actors to shame. He has got the most expressive eyes of any actor I have ever seen. His eyes speak his emotions. He and QiaoEn light up the screen with their combined chemistry in YingYe 3+1. Even though the plot is a little screwy the series is worth seeing just to see them interact together.The scenes where he and QiaoEn cry are heartwrenching. I laughed and cried so many times throughout this series. I have seen all MingDao's series and loved them all but my favorite is Ying Ye 3+1. I love it so much I want to write a sequel. I hope they make a sequel.

Question

I have got a question to ask about MingDao what faith is he? I have seen him wear a cross with Jesus on it in Magicians of Love and in Ying Ye 3+1 episode 5 he wore a blatant christian t-shirt with Jesus hanging on the cross. Did anyone notice this? Is MingDao a christian? Did you know that he is named after a famous chinese christian evangelist? Wang MingDao. I hope someone can answer me about this because I read his profile and there was nothing about what he believes. I am really curious to know. thanks.